Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the term "Palestine" as a region with:
Israelis, Gazans ad West Bankers who live there.

My compassion included ALL people living in this region.

But I was berated :(
Why????

Your post sounded like you were suggesting that Israel was living on Palestine land, which is what the pro-Palestinian protesters are claiming, and many with the chants of "from the river to the sea" which is a call to destroy Israel.

If you had said the region has been historically called both Palestine and Israel, then I think that would have been more accurate and factual. The claim that the region is Palestine and then saying that is a fact rather than a descriptor by some historical narratives wasn't accurate. My post was intended to correct the inaccuracy, not berate you.

JMO

9:23 pm

Footage from Gaza shows Hamas members beating up residents trying to get food

The Kan public broadcaster airs footage it says was sent by a Gaza resident, showing Hamas officials beating up civilians and preventing them from accessing a truckload of food sent as aid to the civilian population.

The report says that after this was filmed, the Hamas operatives took away the food for the terror group’s own purposes.

********************​
#BREAKINGExclusive documentation: Hamas terrorists brutally beat Gaza civilians and prevent them from taking food from a humanitarian aid truck @eliorlevy| #KanIsraelstory

9:23 pm

Footage from Gaza shows Hamas members beating up residents trying to get food

The Kan public broadcaster airs footage it says was sent by a Gaza resident, showing Hamas officials beating up civilians and preventing them from accessing a truckload of food sent as aid to the civilian population.

The report says that after this was filmed, the Hamas operatives took away the food for the terror group’s own purposes.

********************​
#BREAKINGExclusive documentation: Hamas terrorists brutally beat Gaza civilians and prevent them from taking food from a humanitarian aid truck @eliorlevy| #KanIsraelstory

And this is their elected government beating them and stealing their food.

<RSBM>

What about peace for all people (babies, children, elderly, etc.) living in Israel? They have a right to peace as well. And safety from terrorists living on their border.
There are also a lot of citizens in Gaza who want to be free of Hamas. Those people deserve peace and a chance at a prosperous future but it’s not going to happen as long as Hamas is in power. I support Israel’s efforts here and hope that the ultimate result is to uproot terrorism, build Gaza back better, and create a lasting peace in the region. I wish the rest of the Middle East would get on board with this and create an international coalition, with Israel, against terrorism. It’s in everyone’s best interest.

All IMO

Has this been posted? (Sorry, I'm behind already.)

Thanks for this post.
Oh my goodness.
Looking at the photos, there is plenty of electricity.

" .... saying fighting continued just outside the facility where incubators lay idle with no electricity and critical supplies were running out."
Without actually being there in person, there's no way to verify that there's no electricity.
Sounds like someone is lying.
Hamas ?
Hospital workers who answer to Hamas ?

The UNRWA who initially said Hamas had seized supplies and later walked it back ?

At least 59 UNRWA staff in Gaza killed
So if Hamas is murdering the UNRWA workers, why doesn't the UNRWA admit this is why they later said the theft didn't happen ?
They're under Hamas' thumb as well ?
Omo.

And this is their elected government beating them and stealing their food.
We watched and waited for the humanitarian aid to finally reach the people of Gaza and celebrated when the trucks were finally let through. Only to feed Hamas, apparently.

We've worried about the babies and innocent civilians in the hospitals but understood that Hamas would steal any fuel that was brought in. And they did.

It just sickens me. MOO

Last edited:
Your post sounded like you were suggesting that Israel was living on Palestine land, which is what the pro-Palestinian protesters are claiming, and many with the chants of "from the river to the sea" which is a call to destroy Israel.

If you had said the region has been historically called both Palestine and Israel, then I think that would have been more accurate and factual. The claim that the region is Palestine and then saying that is a fact rather than a descriptor by some historical narratives wasn't accurate. My post was intended to correct the inaccuracy, not berate you.

JMO
The history of the name Palestine:
(......)
"After Roman times the name had no official status until after World War I and the end of rule by the Ottoman Empire,

when it was adopted for one of the regions mandated to Great Britain;

in addition to an area roughly comprising present-day Israel and the West Bank,
the mandate included the territory east of the Jordan River now constituting the Hashimite Kingdom of Jordan, which Britain placed under an administration separate from that of Palestine immediately after receiving the mandate for the territory.

The name Palestine has long been in popular use as a general term to denote a traditional region, but this usage does not imply precise boundaries."

Last edited:
2 min ago

Israel is looking ahead to long-term plan for Gaza, Israeli ambassador to US says​

Israel is looking ahead to a long-term plan for Gaza and is discussing the issue with the United States, according to Amb. Michael Herzog.

“It is our position that Palestinians will have to govern themselves. What will be the exact role of the Palestinian Authority (PA) remains to be seen, because everybody understands that the PA, in its current composition — they can hardly govern Ramallah. So certainly not Gaza,” the Israeli ambassador to the US said in an interview on Fox News Sunday.

The Palestinian Authority would have to undergo reform, Herzog said.

The ambassador said Israel is not interested in occupying or governing Gaza, adding that security is the main priority.

“We are not in Gaza in order to occupy Gaza or to govern Gaza. We are there to move the Hamas military threat against Israel and their ability to rebuild the capabilities and strike again and again, as they're saying they would like to do. That's our intent,” Herzog said.

Herzog claimed Israel is “very targeted” in its operation in Gaza.

“People have to understand Gaza is the biggest terror complex around the globe with over 500 kilometers (about 310 miles) of terror tunnels. … We are not targeting the population,” Herzog said.

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war, Gaza evacuations, Netanyahu interview (cnn.com)

This war could end, if Hamas would turn over their Israeli hostages. Why doesn't anyone acknowledge this ? Why isn't there more pressure on Hamas to release their non-combatant hostages that they kidnapped when they started this war?!
BBM.
Exactly. ^^^

Instead it's, "Israel must show restraint".
Or, "Israel needs to ceasefire".

No, Israel does not.
They must not.
Or they will no longer be a nation.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has dismissed urgent international calls for a cease-fire unless it includes the release of all the nearly 240 hostages captured by Hamas in the Oct. 7 rampage that triggered the war.
Red bolding mine.

It's ridiculous to expect Israel to have a ceasefire ( aka putting down arms, going away and letting Hamas have free reign), when their own Israeli people are being held in cruel conditions.
Possibly the reason they can't release them is that some or many -- may be dead. :mad:
Omo.

Around 2:00ish in video:

Victim had planned to attend kite flying event scheduled on Oct 7, aimed at signaling to Gaza’s residents that they want peace.

Thank you for posting these personal stories. Telling the story is clearly one step in the process of mental health and recovery from trauma for children and adults. The Israeli people seem to have a healthy approach to processing trauma and finding new meaning in life.

But I thought they didn't have electricity
Israel cut power to Gaza when the war started. The hospital electricity would be from a generator, and they have said they are very low on fuel.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member