Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDF recovers body of Cpl. Noa Marciano from Gaza, days after announcing her death​

The IDF says it has recovered the body of Cpl. Noa Marciano from the Gaza Strip, three days after announcing she had been killed in Hamas captivity.

Marciano’s body was recovered from a building near Shifa Hospital, as troops there continue to search for terror infrastructure.

Marciano, 19, of the Combat Intelligence Collection Corps 414th unit, was serving at the Nahal Oz IDF base when it was overrun by terrorists during their murderous onslaught on southern Israel on October 7. She lived in Modiin and was the oldest of three siblings.

View attachment 461633

I feel terribly for the families of both hostages found in the vicinity of Shiva Hospital. Perhaps their recovery can provide IDF with good intelligence. I would be interested in what is known about the details of their deaths, particularly the forensics examiners‘ estimation of approx how long they have been deceased, and the cause of death if it can be determined.
Had Hamas been forced to leave them behind as IDF advanced on the hospital area? Have they been holding dead bodies, (perhaps in hospital morgues), to shield the number of live bodies which they use to barter? Had they left them as a message to Israel to “back off”?

Latest pictures from Gaza​

Earlier we shared photos handed out by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) of their operations in northern Gaza.

Here are a selection of photos – taken by news agencies – of the situation elsewhere in the Gaza Strip, as Israel’s attacks on the territory continue.

1700232020599.jpeg
ReutersCopyright: Reuters
A man walks near a vehicle destroyed by a strike in Khan Younis in the south

1700232056715.jpeg
A destroyed building in the same city

1700232090628.jpeg
EPACopyright: EPA
Smoke rises over Beit Hanount in the north

1700232116102.jpeg
Wounded Palestinians are assisted at the Indonesian Hospital

They haven‘t found a command center yet.
They will. I believe they have found much more than shared. I think they are sharing just enough, to keep the public informed.

We will see a much more detailed video, soon, real soon.I think they are waiting till the bodies recovered from the hospital are identified. I suspect hostages maybe in this group.
Moo ..

2 min ago

Weeks into the war between Israel and Hamas, there's no clear post-war plan for Gaza​

From CNN's Nadeen Ebrahim

The Israeli military is tightening its grip on northern Gaza, as its war on the Hamas militant group is showing no signs of abating.

Almost six weeks into the conflict, however, Israel is yet to offer a clear post-war plan for the territory.

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant last week said the Israel Defense Forces has effectively cut the strip in two, and on Tuesday claimed Hamas had lost control in northern Gaza, including in Gaza City.

But what is Israel’s plan for Gaza if and when it achieves its aim of eliminating Hamas? Some experts say Israel may not have a clear idea.

“Israel has clearly stated security objectives and imperatives for post-war Gaza, but so far they have not offered anything like a viable plan for the aftermath,” Frank Lowenstein, who worked as special envoy for Israeli-Palestinian negotiations under US President Barack Obama during the 2014 Israel-Gaza war, told CNN.

“They (Israel) would argue they have time to figure that out after the military operation,” Lowenstein said.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has offered little information about his post-military operation plan for Gaza. The 74-year-old leader, who has been at the forefront of several Israel-Gaza conflicts, told CNN his military operation has two goals: to destroy Hamas and retrieve the more than 200 hostages kidnapped on October 7 by the group, which also killed some 1,200 people in Israel during its unprecedented assault.

Beyond those vague hints, Netanyahu has not provided a defined strategy for the territory, where more than two-thirds of its 2 million inhabitants are now internally displaced, and where more than 40% of all housing units have been either destroyed or damaged, according to United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, citing the Ministry of Housing in Gaza.

“Israel went into this without a clear plan for the morning after,” said Daniel Levy, president of the US-Middle East Project, a London and New York-based organization focusing on finding resolutions to the Israel-Palestinian conflict.

In an interview with CNN’s Dana Bash, Netanyahu said that Gaza could ultimately be governed by some form of Palestinian civilian government, albeit one that fully cooperated with Israel’s security objectives, which he described as “over-riding, over-reaching military envelope.” He did not provide details of what exactly that meant.

Read more about Israel's military tightening of its grip on northern Gaza, as its war on Hamas is showing no signs of abating.

IDF says gunmen killed in occupied West Bank​

Israel’s military says it has killed two “terrorists” who had opened fire on them from a car near Hebron, in the occupied West Bank.

IDF spokesman Daniel Hagari said forces confiscated a weapon from the gunmen, and that there were no casualties to their forces.

Israeli-Palestinian tensions in the West Bank, which were already high, have been fuelled further by the war in Gaza.

Take a look at the map below for a reminder of the region's geography:

1700232251485.jpeg

It seems like quite the propaganda assault ... glorifying Osama bin Laden. Are we dealing with 2020 hippy thinking that everyone is good and their truth should be respected, nevermind authentic truth?
It seems like short-term attention span ignorance. I wonder whether the protesters shouting pro-Gaza slogans today are the same people who shouted Black Lives Matter a few months ago. Are the protesters simply bored, too lazy to read, restless, and looking for excitement - so off they march to shout about something and get agitated?

I doubt that protesters realize that they are following someone like the hamas pied piper, who is against everything that woke stands for. They hear "Go Gaza!" and they stop thinking.

I agree with all this. That is what passes for activism these days. It’s a bizarre mob mentality among people who mean well but end up doing harm in the name of their causes.

6m ago

A doctor at the Gaza Strip’s Al Shifa hospital said on Friday Israeli forces had “found nothing” during searches of the hospital complex, and that food and water were running out.

Doctor Ahmed El Mokhallalati told Reuters by telephone that despite the “difficult” conditions at the hospital, no babies had died there since Israeli troops entered it on Wednesday.

Israel says Hamas has a command centre underneath the hospital, an assertion the Palestinian militant group denies. Reuters has been unable to verify the situation at the hospital independently.

“It’s a totally terrifying situation, here the Israeli tanks and the Israeli troops have been moving within the hospital area, all over the hospital,” said Mokhallalati, a surgeon born in Ireland who trained in Cairo and practiced in London.

“The situation is totally difficult. They are shooting all the time, all the areas.”

The Israeli military said on Thursday it had uncovered a Hamas tunnel shaft and a vehicle with weapons at the Al Shifa hospital complex. It also made public videos and photographs to support its statement.

Speaking in English, Mokhallalati said: “They have found nothing. They have found no single resistance. No single gunshot, against them within the hospital area.”

The hospital, packed with patients and displaced people and struggling to keep operating, has become a focus of global concern.

I can’t find the post with the quote from the Guardian article now (which I think was posted by @JennieM), but I believe this is the same doctor that said several days ago that if it was up to him, he would refuse Israeli aid for his patients if offered. I find him hard to believe, personally. The IDF has posted videos and photos of some of the items that they have found including a tunnel shaft close to the hospital. Plus they have apprehended suspected terrorists trying to flee Al Shifa (IMO until I find a link but I read it yesterday). It is incorrect for him to say the IDF found nothing.

In pictures: Aftermath of strike in Rafah​

These pictures have reached us from Getty - showing the aftermath of a strike on buildings around Rafah, in the south of the Gaza Strip.

Wafa, the official Palestinian news agency, has today reported that a number of people were killed and others injured.

For weeks, the Israeli military has warned civilians to move to southern areas of the Gaza Strip for their safety - though that region has still come under bombardment.

1700232322140.jpeg
Getty Images

1700232346784.jpeg
Getty Images

1700232377341.jpeg
Getty Images

They will. I believe they have found much more than shared. I think they are sharing just enough, to keep the public informed.

We will see a much more detailed video, soon, real soon.I think they are waiting till the bodies recovered from the hospital are identified. I suspect hostages maybe in this group.
Moo ..
In Norah O’Donnell’s interview posted yesterday by margarita25, Netanyahu did say they found command center equipment.

What's the negotiation now ... 25 hostages and 2 days ceasefire? One day?

Hamas has dropped from 70 hostages and 5 day ceasefire to 50 hostages and 3 day ceasefire. Now it's 25 hostages for how many days ceasefire? Why is Hamas desperate to have a ceasefire? Is it for senior leaders to escape tunnels?

Why are pro-Gaza protesters demanding a ceasefire? They know that Hamas is not agreeing to anything more than a 5-day ceasefire. Do they not understand war strategy, so they don't understand that a 1-5 day ceasefire is simply regrouping? It does not help civilians.

The hostages will be released in 10 days? Why not tomorrow? It sounds disingenuous
I think HAMAS is playing games here. So what did they round up all the Thai hostages and keep them together? If all the hostages aren't being kept together, then how do they get ahold of each location if there is no cell signal, internet, or power, etc. Who is negotiating for these hostages? IS that person even in GAZA?

If HAMAS had any interest or intent to release hostages, they would already be releasing some.

I wish it were different.. I wish HAMAS was a group that could be negotiated with. What have we seen so far? Absolutely nothing.. lots of if you do X, we will do Y. Women and children would be released, then 70 hostages, then 50, now 25 Thai hostages.

I want to know how the elderly hostage was found. What killed her and when. If she was so ill she was nearly dead, then they could have released her long ago and they chose not to. They do not care about anything except their own agenda and creating more chaos and terror.. AND it's working.

I think HAMAS is playing games here. So what did they round up all the Thai hostages and keep them together? If all the hostages aren't being kept together, then how do they get ahold of each location if there is no cell signal, internet, or power, etc. Who is negotiating for these hostages? IS that person even in GAZA?

If HAMAS had any interest or intent to release hostages, they would already be releasing some.

I wish it were different.. I wish HAMAS was a group that could be negotiated with. What have we seen so far? Absolutely nothing.. lots of if you do X, we will do Y. Women and children would be released, then 70 hostages, then 50, now 25 Thai hostages.

I want to know how the elderly hostage was found. What killed her and when. If she was so ill she was nearly dead, then they could have released her long ago and they chose not to. They do not care about anything except their own agenda and creating more chaos and terror.. AND it's working.

I am worried about the state of the hostages. There are what, around 240 hostages being held? Israel removed 200 bodies from the morgue at Al Shifa. Now we hear these reports that Hamas wants to negotiate for the release of somewhere between 25 to 50 hostages. Is that because that’s all the hostages that remain alive? I hope not. IMO.

Edited to fix my really unfortunate typo where autocorrect changed Hamas to James.

Last edited:
I am worried about the state of the hostages. There are what, around 240 hostages being held? Israel removed 200 bodies from the morgue at Al Shifa. Now we hear these reports that James wants to negotiate for the release of somewhere between 25 to 50 hostages. Is that because that’s all the hostages that remain alive? I hope not. IMO.
It’s very worrying, I thought that too.

1m ago

Israel’s national security adviser says the country’s War Cabinet has agreed to allow two tanker trucks of fuel to enter the Gaza Strip each day — a quantity he described as “very minimal.”

Speaking at a news conference Friday, Tzachi Hanegbi said the fuel would be allowed for Gaza’s communications system and water and sewage services.

He said the aim is to prevent the spread of disease without disrupting Israel’s ability to continue its war against the Hamas militant group.

Hanegbi said the fuel amounted to roughly 2% to 4% of the normal quantities of fuel that entered Gaza before the war erupted on 7 October.

Maybe he meant what the IDF referred to as a shaft?

There are no reports yet that a command center has been found.
At around two minutes and 35 seconds in the interview with Norah O’Donnell, Netanyahu says this-

“ And on level -2 we found a command and control center, coded equipment”

2 hours ago:

At around two minutes and 35 seconds in the interview with Norah O’Donnell, Netanyahu says this-

“ And on level -2 we found a command and control center, coded equipment”

2 hours ago:
Does he mean this? From what I’ve been reading they have not uncovered anything else inside the hospital other the initial find of these guns and magazines. From news agencies nothing has been confirmed yet in regards to a command center, but maybe I missed it.

1700233065931.jpeg
IDF

Emphasis mine.
From the link :"...held by Palestinians...." :mad:
"A pet Israeli in tow..."
Ordinary people.

Acting like savages.
Sometimes my patience with certain types, is about nil.

I want to hope that other Palestinians will betray their countrymen and let the IDF know where the hostages are being held.
Omo.
Quoting and bolding my post to say it's NOT a 'betrayal'.
It's acting like honorable, decent human beings.

@PapillonVert this has just been posted.

14:54

Ceasefire demands will grow without proof of Hamas HQ at Al-Shifa​

Jeremy Bowen
International editor

1700233514802.jpeg
Israel Defense ForcesCopyright: Israel Defense Forces

It is now days since Israeli forces entered Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City, and what appears to be happening on Friday is that they are continuing their search for evidence of this being a key Hamas command centre.

We have to remember that there is no independent scrutiny inside the hospital; journalists cannot move freely into Gaza, and any who are reporting from the site are working under the aegis of the Israeli military.

If there was a nerve centre there - and there has been speculation about that possibility since 2014 - then the Israelis have not yet revealed definitive evidence of its existence to the outside world.

It is also possible that the Israelis have found something, and for their own reasons - military or security perhaps - have decided not to reveal it yet.

Why that would be the case is unclear - Israel has a lot riding on Al-Shifa.
Read more here.

2m ago

As we reported earlier, Israeli security forces have mounted a major raid in the city of Jenin, destroying roads and killing between three and five Hamas militants in the latest instance of surging violence across the occupied West Bank.

Hamas said three of its fighters died in the overnight raid, which began late on Thursday night.

You can watch our video report here: [at link]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members