Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milutiple Hebrew media outlets report that the updated list of hostages to be freed today is made up of only eight hostages — six women and two children — and that the two Israeli-Russian women released last night as a “gesture” to Russian President Vladimir Putin will count toward today’s list.

Some of the reports, which cite an unnamed “Israeli official,” say that three bodies of abductees will also be returned.

According to the ceasefire rules, the pause in fighting can continue for more days only if the Hamas terror group frees 10 women and children for each day of the extension.

Has it been reported how many total bodies Hamas claims to be holding? I thought I may have seen a figure upstream some days ago, maybe not…

A 24-year-old woman was killed and 8 other people wounded, 5 in serious condition, in a shooting attack in Weizmann boulevard in the entrance Jerusalem, MDA says. This spot has known many terror attacks in recent years. Police says two gunmen neutralized at the scene.

Last edited:

Milutiple Hebrew media outlets report that the updated list of hostages to be freed today is made up of only eight hostages — six women and two children — and that the two Israeli-Russian women released last night as a “gesture” to Russian President Vladimir Putin will count toward today’s list.

Some of the reports, which cite an unnamed “Israeli official,” say that three bodies of abductees will also be returned.

According to the ceasefire rules, the pause in fighting can continue for more days only if the Hamas terror group frees 10 women and children for each day of the extension.
If they are not returning bodies, are they "keeping" them with no refrigeration? I am also thinking that the return of dead bodies will also just inflame Israel/the IDF/people in general. IMO. A few dead bodies and there will be no truce. IMO. Apart from hostages, they are supposed to be returning the dead:

Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in ...​

www.ohchr.org › instruments-mechanisms › instruments › geneva-convent...

As far as military considerations allow, each Party to the conflict shall facilitate the steps taken to search for the killed and wounded, to assist the ...

Parties to an armed conflict must take all feasible measures to account for the missing, the separated and the dead, provide family members with information, and facilitate the restoration of family links. This involves searching for, collecting and evacuating the dead and facilitating the return of human remains to families upon request. Some IHL obligations regarding the missing continue even after the conflict has ended.

An Agreement has reportedly been reached between Israel and Hamas on Extending the Ceasefire by at least another 24 Hours with only 15 Minutes Left; a List of the 10 Hostages which will be Released today is expected to be Handed-Over to the Israeli Government soon.

Isn't that amazing??

Less than an hour before the ceasefire was to end, the Government of Palestine AKA Hamas confirmed through Qatari negotiators that they only had 7 hostages and 3 bodies that could be 'traded". Israel refused to 'bite' and stated they would carry on with the war effort if a 'suitable list of hostages' was not provided.

Looks like someone called out their el toro poopoo as mere minutes later Hamas suddenly has 10 hostages. "A suitable list". The freaky little mind games that some people play. :rolleyes:

The IDF has been clear since the beginning, they would only consider daily extensions to the ceasefire for every 10 hostages Hamas would hand over. One additional day for each additional 10 Hostages'.

Hamas knew this from the get-go as Israel has been quite clear and vocal about this fact. They should have been working to round up and account for the hostages 54 days ago ...

The fact that they just miraculously found three more 15 minutes before their time ran out tells me Hamas knows a lot more about locations and conditions of hostages than they are willing to confess to. Liars. Full up liars. Willng to try anything to buy themselves more time as dead men walking.

Tick, tock, tick tock.

The time is coming; the games need to stop.

IMO.

Edit: Hearing chatter that this is not 10 either ... less than. 8 + 3

Last edited:
If they are not returning bodies, are they "keeping" them with no refrigeration? I am also thinking that the return of dead bodies will also just inflame Israel/the IDF/people in general. IMO. A few dead bodies and there will be no truce. IMO. Apart from hostages, they are supposed to be returning the dead:

Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in ...

www.ohchr.org › instruments-mechanisms › instruments › geneva-convent...
As far as military considerations allow, each Party to the conflict shall facilitate the steps taken to search for the killed and wounded, to assist the ...

Parties to an armed conflict must take all feasible measures to account for the missing, the separated and the dead, provide family members with information, and facilitate the restoration of family links. This involves searching for, collecting and evacuating the dead and facilitating the return of human remains to families upon request. Some IHL obligations regarding the missing continue even after the conflict has ended.
They're terrorists. Terrorists don't play by the rules. I think they've grown used to dead bodies. They could have buried them too. Or the bodies could simply be existing in rubble. Many evacuees wanted to return home and locate family members in the rubble, but IDF won't let them move north. So, the bodies will need to wait for likely several months.

Considering all the hostages released so far, I am feeling somewhat optimistic about the future of more hostages being released.

I had so many dark thoughts about the fate of some specific hostages that thankfully did not pan out, and I realized the murderous brutality of October 7 had so clouded the aspect of how hostages are more valuable alive, as commented in an above article.

(This is all before the bodies being returned element entered the picture in the negotiations.)

—-

Ugh there could potentially be 100+ bodies IF what Hamas is claiming about the “maybe around 60” and “more than 40” unaccounted-for is true.

Of course we can’t believe anything they say, and they could be holding some hostages back for future negotiations, ETC.

Last edited:
Isn't that amazing??

Less than an hour before the ceasefire was to end, the Government of Palestine AKA Hamas confirmed through Qatari negotiators that they only had 7 hostages and 3 bodies that could be 'traded". Israel refused to 'bite' and stated they would carry on with the war effort if a 'suitable list of hostages' was not provided.

Looks like someone called out their el toro poopoo as mere minutes later Hamas suddenly has 10 hostages. "A suitable list". The freaky little mind games that some people play. :rolleyes:

The IDF has been clear since the beginning, they would only consider daily extensions to the ceasefire for every 10 hostages Hamas would hand over. One additional day for each additional 10 Hostages'.

Hamas knew this from the get-go as Israel has been quite clear and vocal about this fact. They should have been working to round up and account for the hostages 54 days ago ...

The fact that they just miraculously found three more 15 minutes before their time ran out tells me Hamas knows a lot more about locations and conditions of hostages than they are willing to confess to. Liars. Full up liars. Willng to try anything to buy themselves more time as dead men walking.

Tick, tock, tick tock.

The time is coming; the games need to stop.

IMO.

Edit: Hearing chatter that this is not 10 either ... less than.
Im am thinking that during any "rounding up," the other side has more opportunities to intercept messages and get intel so there is that IMO

They're terrorists. Terrorists don't play by the rules. I think they've grown used to dead bodies. They could have buried them too. Or the bodies could simply be existing in rubble. Many evacuees wanted to return home and locate family members in the rubble, but IDF won't let them move north. So, the bodies will need to wait for likely several months.
should not be offering them as part of the negotiations- it is another provocation IMO. the people who do these negotiations must be beyond human and the drivers too- cannot imagine that stress.

Several Israelis wounded in Jerusalem shooting attack'The attempts to execute terror attacks across the West Bank and Jerusalem are ongoing. This is something that Israel has been fighting for the good part of the good part of the past several months and years' Our @Guyaz says

I was wondering if after Oct 7, if there were Palastinian day workers in Israel.... were they all then sent back over the border? detained? once war was declared they would become suspect even if innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeFab