Not open for further replies.

"The race to freedom ❤️

Heartbreaking moment

nine-year-old Ohad Munder

runs into his father's arms after 49 days of hostage hell in Gaza."

:)

1700953769870.png

1:07 am

Family members of released hostages: We’re overjoyed but waiting for all hostages to return

[...]

Inbal Tzach, the cousin of Adi Shoham — who was released with her two children and her mother, but not her husband — says that “like everyone else we watched our loved ones on their way home. We saw Adi with Nave, Yahal, Shoshan, Noam, and Sharon. Of course we are still waiting for Tal to come home, as well as for everyone else. The struggle has not ended. This is the saddest joy and the happiest sadness, but our family is home. Keep fighting with us.”

Sharon Avigdori and her daughter, Noam, who were also released, are Adi’s aunt and cousin.

Zohar Avigdori, Sharon’s sister-in-law, says that the family is “very excited, our legs are shaking and we are impatiently waiting to hug our loved ones, Noam and Sharon. We don’t forget for a moment that these are the same legs that will continue the journey to sustain us in the long journey that is still ahead of us — until the safe return of all the hostages.”

Mirit Regev, the mother of Maya Regev, 21, who was released without her brother, Itai, 18, says that “I am excited and happy that Maya is on her way to us. Along with that, my heart is split in two because my son Itai is still in Gaza in Hamas captivity. I am going to hug Maya so, so hard, but we will not stop until Itai and all the hostages come home.”

Lovely "Justice System" they've got going there isn't it?

Much of the "justice System" going on in the West Bank is indeed oppressive and reprehensible.

Israeli settlers, soldiers fatally shoot 17-year-old Palestinian boy

OCT 11, 2023

Ramallah, October 11, 2023—A 17-year-old Palestinian boy was killed in the northern occupied West Bank today as Israeli settlers and soldiers fired on Palestinians.

Obada Sa’ed Awad Abu Srour, 17, was shot in the back around 3 p.m. on October 11 in the Palestinian village of Qusra, southeast of Nablus in the northern occupied West Bank, according to documentation collected by Defense for Children International - Palestine.
<modsnip: copyright>
MORE AT LINK…

I believe it was such as this and changes to legislation which provoked the Hamas outrage carried out by them on the 7th.

It was also a situation which worried America and was complained about. But Netanyahu was not listening and his lawlessness has precipitated murder and mayhem.
My opinion

US says it is ‘extremely troubled’ by new Israeli settlements law

Washington also denounces comments by Israeli minister claiming Palestinian people are ‘an invention’ of past century.

Washington, DC – The United States has renewed its opposition to Israeli settlement policies, saying that Washington was “extremely troubled” by an Israeli law that paves the way for restoring illegal settlements in the north of the occupied West Bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
16 min ago

Israeli government seeking to determine why hostage was not released with her daughter​

From CNN's Matthew Chance

The Israeli government is trying to determine why a mother taken hostage on October 7 was not released along with her daughter today.

Hila Rotem, 13, was among the Israeli hostages released Saturday, according to the Israeli prime minister's office and the Hostage and Missing Families Forum.

Raaya Rotem, Hila’s mother, is not listed among those hostages released. Hila and Raaya, 54, were abducted from Kibbutz Be’eri on October 7.

An Israeli government official told CNN that mothers and children are not supposed to be separated under the agreement.

“That’s part of the deal,” the official said. “It’s unknown where she is and what happened to her.”

1:14 am

Freed hostage Maya Regev, 21, in stable condition, says health ministry

Maya Regev, who was abducted by Hamas on October 7, 2023 and released on November 25, 2023. (Courtesy)
Maya Regev, who was abducted by Hamas on October 7, 2023 and released on November 25, 2023. (Courtesy)

The Health Ministry says that Maya Regev, who was released from captivity in Gaza tonight, has arrived at the Soroka Medical Center in Beersheba in stable condition.

Regev, 21, who was kidnapped from the Supernova music festival with her brother, Itai, who remains held hostage in Gaza, was the only freed hostage brough to the closer Soroka to undergo immediate medical treatment.

The Health Ministry says that her family is waiting for her and that they call on the public to respect her privacy at this time as she receives treatment and reunites with family and friends.

1:17 am

Assaf Harofeh hospital says it will treat the 4 foreign hostages released tonight

The Assaf Harofeh Medical Center says that it is readying to receive the four Thai nationals who were released from Hamas captivity in Gaza tonight.

Israeli authorities have not released their names.

The medical center says that its medical team as well as social workers and mental health professionals are ready to provide them with all of their needs.

I believe that’s Maya Regev who was shot at the Nova music festival with the metal rods in her leg. There is a selfie video she sent to family on 10/7.
Yes, I was reading that. I hope her leg is OK. They say she's stable, but wounds to extremities are often reported as stable even if there are issues.

1:28 am

Israel says it has released 39 Palestinian prisoners after 13 Israelis freed from Gaza

Shuruq Dwayat, left, a Palestinian prisoner released by Israel, is hugged by relatives as she arrives home in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Sur Bahar, early Sunday Nov. 26, 2023. (AP Photo/Mahmoud Illean)
Shuruq Dwayat, left, a Palestinian prisoner released by Israel, is hugged by relatives as she arrives home in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Sur Bahar, early Sunday Nov. 26, 2023. (AP Photo/Mahmoud Illean)

The Israel Prisons Service says it has released 39 Palestinian prisoners from Israeli jails following the release of 13 Israeli hostages from Gaza.

IPS says they were released from three different prisons: Megiddo, Ofer and Damun. All of the prisoners are either women or minors 18 and under.

They all live in either the West Bank or East Jerusalem and are being returned to their homes. They were all charged with or convicted of security crimes, including attempted murder, but none were convicted of murder.

37m ago / 2:59 PM PST

Biden administration is 'disappointed' no Americans were released in today's hostage exchange​

The Biden administration is "disappointed" no Americans have been released as a part of the hostage exchange between Israel and Hamas, but officials remain "hopeful" that at least three Americans with duel Israeli citizenship will be freed as part of the overall deal for the release of 50 hostages, two senior administration officials told NBC News.

"We are disappointed that we haven’t seen the Americans on a list yet, but we are hopeful for the next couple of days," one official said, adding "the U.S. is hopeful that we can keep the pause in place and the exchange in place, because we want all of the hostages out."

One official said there is "common concern" that Hamas is holding the three Americans until the fourth day of the exchange to encourage the U.S. to put pressure on Israel for an extended pause in fighting, but the sources could not point to any official assessment or intelligence confirming that to be the case.

Previous reports from administration officials have said 10 Americans were missing.

Emily looks haunted. No reason why she shouldn't, but it breaks my heart. I so wish I could join the Israeli army.

I've noticed a look in some of the eyes of the little girls. And, haunted is a good description. Maybe it's the entire ordeal of everything, I don't know. I thought it was just me. And, I'd assist with the IDF if I could, too!!!

7m ago

Israeli troops killed six Palestinians in the occupied West Bank on Saturday, the Palestinian ministry of health said.

Agence France-Presse reports:

A 25-year-old doctor was killed early in the morning outside his home in Qabatiya, near Jenin, a stronghold of Palestinian armed groups in the north of the territory, the ministry said.

Another Palestinian was killed in el-Bireh, near Ramallah.

Four people were also killed by Israeli army fire in Jenin, during an incursion by a large number of armoured vehicles into the town, which was recently the scene of the deadliest Israeli raid in the West Bank in almost 20 years.

Witnesses told AFP on Saturday that the Israeli army was surrounding Jenin’s public hospital and the Ibn Sina clinic, and that soldiers were searching ambulances.

They also reported heavy fighting with automatic weapons.

The West Bank has seen an uptick in violence since the October 7 cross-border attack on Israel by Hamas last month, in which militants from the Gaza Strip killed 1,200 people, most of them civilians, according to the Israeli authorities.

Israel has since responded with a bombing and land campaign in Gaza, killing nearly 15,000 people, also mostly civilians, according to the Hamas government.

All the while, some 230 Palestinians in the West Bank have been killed by Israeli settlers and soldiers, according to the Palestinian Authority’s ministry of health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld