Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, does anyone know if there are likely Israeli spies inside Gaza? Was there ever a time when people could come and go from Gaza to Israel without so much trouble? Is it likely there were Americans living in Gaza (not sure why they would want to.. it sounds less than ideal on the best day :( ) I was thinking of ways to rescue the hostages and I know with the US there are often people on the ground that can provide some intel or people that talk and one way we have be able to find and rescue hostages is by having that inside info or someone coming forward to say they saw something or heard something.

Also, does anyone know if there are likely Israeli spies inside Gaza? Was there ever a time when people could come and go from Gaza to Israel without so much trouble? Is it likely there were Americans living in Gaza (not sure why they would want to.. it sounds less than ideal on the best day :( ) I was thinking of ways to rescue the hostages and I know with the US there are often people on the ground that can provide some intel or people that talk and one way we have be able to find and rescue hostages is by having that inside info or someone coming forward to say they saw something or heard something.
Israel doesn’t publicize any military tactics or operations.
IMO Getting the hostages out will have to be a ground operation…which Israel tries to avoid at all cost Because it usually comes at a high price of casualties. But they will do what they can. Without photos. Without videos. Without reels. Without tweets. Keep in mind, terrorist organizations are not known to keep hostages alive. Many of the hostages were already injured prior to being kidnapped.

Sorry but I absolutely disagree.

They are not “just talk.” Jihadi terrorists have attacked the innocent all over the world, using all kinds of demonic plans.

<modsnip - please refrain from discussion of 9/11 as it will derail this thread. We need to think about the victims of THIS action on this thread>

They are still dead, after all. It’s not just words. It’s plans that sometimes are thwarted and sometimes succeed.

You may be correct about terrorists not caring about themselves. How well I remember Al-Qaida saying that they look forward to death the way we look forward to life.

My sources are too many to link but the source is public history.

The rest is IMO.
It's their actions that "make statements", not their words. (Heck, they don't talk much at all)

All the bombings, killings are all about "sending messages" and "terrorizing".
They're all basically on suicide missions.
It's like mass shooters. They really don't care if they die.
As a matter of fact, they are taught that dying is noble and it's martyrdom.

2m ago

Biden: Hamas attack that slaughtered 1,000 people, including at least 14 Americans, was 'pure unadulterated evil'​

US president Joe Biden is delivering remarks on the Hamas attack on Israel on the weekend, which he described as a moment when “pure unadulterated evil was unleashed on this world”.

Biden said the Hamas group was a terrorist organisation whose stated purposes is “to kill Jews”.

Hamas’s attack “slaughtered” 1,000 people, including at least 14 Americans, he said. He described “stomach-turning” reports of “babies being killed, entire families slain, young people massacred… women raped, assaulted, paraded as trophies.”

Biden said the brutality and “blood thirstiness” of Hamas brings to mind the “worst rampages” of Islamic State.

This is terrorism, but sadly for the Jewish people, it’s not new. This attack has brought to the surface painful memories. The scars left by a millennia of antisemitism and genocide.
So in this moment, we must be crystal clear. We stand with Israel. We stand with Israel and we will make sure Israel has what it needs to take care of its citizens defend itself respond this attack. There’s no justification for terrorism. There’s no excuse.

This was 'an act of sheer evil' - Biden​

US President Joe Biden begins his remarks by calling the attacks "an act of sheer evil".

He calls Hamas blood-thirsty, saying the events are reminiscent of the worst atrocities committed by Isis, otherwise known as the so-called Islamic State group, and condemns them for "more than 1,000 civilians slaughtered. Among them at least 14 American citizens."

"Hamas does not stand for the Palestinian people," Biden says. "They used Palestinian people as human shields."

"Sadly for the Jewish people, it's not new," he continues. "It's brought to the surface painful memories" of antisemitism over the last century.

The US president shares examples of some of the horrific stories coming out of the region: "Parents butchered using their bodies to protect their children... Reports of babies being killed... Women raped and paraded as trophies."

"We stand with Israel, we stand with Israel," Biden says.

He asserts Israel will have what it needs to respond to the attack.

NEW

The United States has Israel's back, says Biden​

Biden concludes his short speech by warning those who might try to take advantage of the conflict and asserts his nation's support of Israel.

"Let there be no doubt. The United States has Israel's back. We'll make sure the Jewish and Democratic State of Israel can defend itself, today, tomorrow, as we always have. It's as simple as that."

"Anyone thinking of taking advantage of this situation, I have one word: Don’t."

He leaves and does not answer any questions.

1m ago

Biden: Israel 'has a duty to respond' to attacks​

President Joe Biden, speaking from the White House, said Hamas “does not stand for the Palestinian people’s right to dignity and self-determination”.

They use Palestinian civilians “as human shields”, he said. He added:

Like every nation in the world, Israel has the right to respond – indeed has a duty to respond – to these vicious attacks.
He said he had just got off a call with the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, where he told him the US response will be “decisive, swift and overwhelming”.

The US will continue to stand united in support of the people of Israel, he said, adding that his team has been in “near constant communication” with Israeli partners from the moment the crisis began.

Biden said he had spoken with the leaders of France, Germany, Italy and the UK to coordinate a “united response”, adding:

Let me say again: any country, any organisation, anyone thinking of taking advantage of situation – don’t. Our hearts may be broken but our resolve is clear.

I've been watching the flight tracker to see how busy the airport is. I thought with the attack coming from Lebanon/North of the airport maybe things would slow down some. I notice not as many flights leaving, but seems plenty are arriving. Most notably the Spanish Air Force and currently there's a plane approaching from Mexico's Air Force. Maybe coming in to bring their citizens out?

Yesterday there was a Danish fighter plane running a loop over the ocean just west of Gaza. An Italian Air Force plane was on the ground at Ben Gurion airport, apparently preparing to leave. I assume they were evacuating Italian citizens. I think the Mexican planes are also evacuating Mexican citizens

Israel doesn’t publicize any military tactics or operations.
IMO Getting the hostages out will have to be a ground operation…which Israel tries to avoid at all cost Because it usually comes at a high price of casualties. But they will do what they can. Without photos. Without videos. Without reels. Without tweets. Keep in mind, terrorist organizations are not known to keep hostages alive. Many of the hostages were already injured prior to being kidnapped.

One of the male Israeli hostages had his arm partially amputated in the attack and the survivor of the attack says he put a tourniquet on his arm and was hauled away by HAMAS and taken to Gaza.

He would need surgery and medical care to save him from gangrene.

somewhat good news, but sounds like she's in very serious condition :( lets send out prayers for Shani

Unfortunately I don't buy this. She looked dead in that video. And why would terrorists take her/let her be taken to the hospital? It doesn't seem plausible.

One of the male Israeli hostages had his arm partially amputated in the attack and the survivor of the attack says he put a tourniquet on his arm and was hauled away by HAMAS and taken to Gaza.

He would need surgery and medical care to save him from gangrene.
Yes. He is actually one of the Americans. Hirsch Polin Goldberg, 23 years old. Sadly, I doubt Hamas would put any effort in to help any of the injured.

It's their actions that "make statements", not their words. (Heck, they don't talk much at all)

All the bombings, killings are all about "sending messages" and "terrorizing".
They're all basically on suicide missions.
It's like mass shooters. They really don't care if they die.
As a matter of fact, they are taught that dying is noble and it's martyrdom.

Barbaric killing and taking all of us, so called "infidels", with them in their suicide missions.

Each faction doesn't really trust the other so I guess we should assume they don't trust using words (nor anything less than barbarism) with their enemies.

There are almost certainly Palestinians who are being run by Israeli intelligence. Human intelligence is a major reason Israel has been so effective in thwarting attacks in the past.

Even if you know where some hostages are however, it’s not like you can swoop in and rescue them. They’d be outnumbered, easy to attack, and getting in and out would be extremely difficult.

47s ago

UN warns 'clear evidence' of war crimes committed in Gaza and Israel​

There is already “clear evidence” that war crimes may have been committed in the latest explosion of violence in Israel and Gaza, the UN’s human rights council said.

In a statement, the UN’s independent international commission of inquiry on the occupied Palestinian territory called for all those who have violated international law and targeted civilians to be held accountable for their crimes.

It said it had been collecting “evidence of "war crimes committed by all sides” since Saturday, when Hamas launched its attack on Israel. The UN said:

The commission said it was also “gravely concerned” by Israel’s announcement of a complete siege on Gaza. The withholding of water, food, electricity and fuel “will undoubtfully cost civilian lives and constitutes collective punishment”, it said.

It urged Israeli security forces and Palestinian armed groups “to adhere strictly to international humanitarian law and international human rights law”.

The UN is a joke.
There is no moral compass in an organization that treats good and evil as equals. That allows evil a seat at the table. That allows evil to prevent good and right from winning.

The UN is a joke.
There is no moral compass in an organization that treats good and evil as equals. That allows evil a seat at the table. That allows evil to prevent good and right from winning.
Agree to disagree. Withholding water, food, electricity, and fuel from civilians is bad jmo.

3m ago
There are reports that Regina Goren hotel in the Israeli costal city of Ashkelon, where many foreign media (including the Guardian) are staying, suffered a direct hit.

My colleague Bethan McKernan writes:

:(

Yesterday there was a Danish fighter plane running a loop over the ocean just west of Gaza. An Italian Air Force plane was on the ground at Ben Gurion airport, apparently preparing to leave. I assume they were evacuating Italian citizens. I think the Mexican planes are also evacuating Mexican citizens

Poland

"The evacuation of Polish citizens from the area of Israel by soldiers #WojskoPolskie
(Polish Army) is in progress.

In accordance with the resolution
@prezydentpl
a Polish Military Contingent was established in the State of Israel, numbering up to 200 soldiers.
B-737, C-130 and C-295 military planes, with medical staff on board, make further flights for our citizens.
We are wherever help is needed for Poles abroad, in situations of disasters or threats to their lives."

1696965272413.png

Last edited:

EU foreign policy chief suggests Israel is violating international law​

Sofia Bettiza
Reporting from Brussels

EU Foreign Policy Chief Josep Borrell has said the bloc opposes a total siege of Gaza.
“Israel has the right to defend itself, but that needs to be done accordingly with international law, humanitarian law. And some decisions are contrary to international law.”

Borrell spoke after an emergency meeting of EU foreign ministers.
“Some actions – like cutting electricity and food for civilians – are against international law,” he said.

EU foreign ministers are urging both sides to respect humanitarian law. “That means no blockage of water, food or electricity to the civil population in Gaza,” said Borrell.
He stressed that the EU considered Hamas a terrorist organisation, but that the Palestinian Authority was a different thing.

“Not all Palestinian people are terrorists. So a collective punishment would be unfair and unproductive. It would be against our interests, and against the interest of peace.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou