DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
19m ago

EU to continue support to Palestinians​

Lisa O'Carroll

EU foreign ministers reversed the decision by the European Commission to suspend payments to Palestine after an emergency meeting in Oman.

The EU’s chief diplomat, Josep Borrell, said they can review the funds to check for any “leakage” to Hamas, but if there is someone will have to pay the price for such a mistake.

“The overwhelming majority [of ministers] was against the idea of the proposal of suspending the payments to the Palestinian Authority. This is the thing that matters,” he said adding the funds would “not be cancelled”.

He said just two or maybe three countries disagreed, with speculation rife that Hungary was one of them following the unilateral announcement by the country’s commissioner in Brussels on Monday that all payments were being suspended.

Humanitarian aid will also be increased, said Borrell, who added that the EU is the biggest funder of the Palestinian Authority.

Figures released on Tuesday by the European Commission show €410m was given to the PA in 2021 and 2022 with 2023 funds yet to be allocated.

A further €271m was donated by the EU to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for humanitarian projects in the three years 2021-2023, the commission revealed.

This EU Foreign Policy diplomat Josep Borrell is really ticking me off, and saying Israel was violating International law with shutting off water and electricity. Now they reverse the decision to stop payments to Palestinian Authority.
Please do not tell me how inhumane it is to shut off water and stop giving money after the horrors I have read.

Well Europe isn't the only place on Earth. Where else could they go? Africa, Nearby Arab nations, Iran is their largest supporter and a large nation why do they not go there? They could apply to go to China or Russia, there are lots of places in the world. OR, they could recognize that Hamas was a terrible choice of leadership, overthrow them, and seek peace. There are lots of options besides war.
I'm talking about civilians.
Escaping the war zone.
The first safe country should give them shelter.
The route through Mediterranean Sea?
Who knows? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
6m ago

EU warns Elon Musk over ‘disinformation’ about Hamas attack on X​

Lisa O'Carroll

The EU has issued a warning to Elon Musk over the alleged disinformation about the Hamas attack on Israel, including fake news and “repurposed old images”, on X, which was formerly known as Twitter.

The letter comes less than two months after sweeping new laws regulating content on social media seen in the EU came into force under the Digital Services Act. If Musk, the owner of X, does not comply he can face a fine of 6% of his revenues from X or a total blackout in the EU.

Thierry Breton, the commissioner responsible for the act, wrote to Musk to urge him to ensure “a prompt, accurate, and complete response” to the request to contact Europol, the EU police enforcement agency and “relevant law enforcement agencies” within the next 24 hours.

Breton reminded Musk that he needed to have “proportionate and effective mitigation measures to tackle the risks to public security and civic discourse stemming from disinformation”. He wrote:

He added:

EU commissioner Thierry Breton warning letter to Elon Musk over disinformation in relation to Israel and Hamas's attack's attack

EU commissioner Thierry Breton warning letter to Elon Musk over disinformation in relation to Israel and Hamas's attack Photograph: European Commission

Good luck with that. Twitter has been putting out misinformation almost since it began.

I'm talking about civilians.
Escaping the war zone.
The first safe country should give them shelter.
The route through Mediterranean Sea?
Well, the first "safe" country would be Egypt, since it shares a border with Gaza. But the Egyptians don't want the Palestinians. Nor do the Jordanians, or Turks or Syrians (not that anyone wants to go to Syria). The closest nation that supposedly supports the Palestinians is Iran.

Europe has been absorbing millions of refugees since the Arab Spring from N. Africa and Syria etc, plus the refugees from Ukraine. I can't imagine any EU nations taking more.
Entire cities in Northern Paris with N. African refugees and Brussels South Syrian refugees. I mistakingly tried to take a shortcut through a Syrian neighborhood near the South Brussels train station. The train strike in Paris stuck in a North station was not on my bucket list.
Europe has changed drastically in the past 15 years.

Last edited:
I never believe Polls, as there are too many ways to play them, too many inconsistencies, often created to garner answers the Poll creator wishes.
These are scientific, and not done by Israel.

What’s truly terrifying is when they delve into specifics, like support for attacks on civilians.

now Syria ?

Israeli military claims shells fired from Syria​

In what could potentially be a new front in the conflict, the Israeli military has said that shells launched from Syria have landed in open areas within Israel.
While there have been no reports of damage or injuries, Israel has now said that it is responding to the reported shelling by firing mortars and artillery towards Syria.
No further details have been provided by the Israeli military, and there has been no confirmation of the reports by Syria or any other party.

Well, the first "safe" country would be Egypt, since it shares a border with Gaza. But the Egyptians don't want the Palestinians. Nor do the Jordanians, or Turks or Syrians (not that anyone wants to go to Syria). The closest nation that supposedly supports the Palestinians is Iran.

There are 5,405,459 Palestinians living there (2023). I wouldn't think that any country could comfortably (or uncomfortably) take those kind of numbers in.

-
As the days drag on since Hamas terrorists launched an attack on Israel, pressure is building for the U.S. and Israel to help the scores of hostages believed to be held by Hamas across Gaza -- but both countries appear to have limited and very difficult options.

President Joe Biden confirmed Tuesday afternoon that Americans are among the hostages and that 14 Americans were killed in the fighting in Israel.

-However, the sheer scale of the current situation would demand nothing short of large-scale military operation, according to one official, and although circumstances could quickly change, the administration doesn't currently assess that a targeted rescue mission is feasible.

-While the hostages will remain a primary focus for administration, U.S. officials are clear-eyed about the stiff odds facing any efforts to resolve the crisis, especially given that Hamas appears to have very to gain from freeing the prisoners.

Just for context as we watch the press in Israeli hospitals reporting on casualties:

As of 2021:
47% of doctors in Israel are Arab Israelis & Druze
48% of pharmacists in Israel are Arab Israelis & Druze
24% of nurses in Israel are Arab Israelis & Druze

I'm afraid I don't know what the context is unless you are referring to the fact that the Christian population in Israel hovers around 2%. Yet of that 2% about 76% of them are Arab Christians. Most of the well-educated Arabs in Israel are either Arab Christians or Druze. Druze is not strictly a Muslim faith, it's a mixture of Hindu, Muslim and Greek religions. So those stats are somewhat murky. The level of education amongst Arabs in Israel, especially higher learning, university and beyond, is mostly Christian and Druze. They do not represent the majority of Muslim Arabs who don't finish high school who live in the Gaza strip or the West Bank. That's not to say there aren't well educated Muslim Arabs but the numbers shown above do not represent them.

file:///C:/Users/rainb/Downloads/2022Palestine-Education-Fact-Sheet-2022FINAL%20(1).pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54