Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[URL unfu
They've never been allowed to have a real election with real candidates.

The ruling Palestinian National Authority has not held an election for more that 15 years. The head of the PNT, Mahmoud Abbas lives in Ramalla, West Bank and has all but acceded Gaza to HAMAS to run.

US Secretary of State Blinken very diplomatically met with him, in Amman, Jordan, as procedural issue essentially, before starting on his trip to the really important people in the MidEast.
The Hamas are just the last in a long line of Palestinian terrorists. Palestinian terrorists have attacked Israelis, Palestinians, Lebanese, Jordans, Egyptians, Americans and many other nationalities caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Israel plans to send 10,000 troops to capture Gaza City and “destroy” the Strip’s leadership, the New York Times reports, citing Israeli military officers who have spoken publicly.

The report says the offensive would be the largest since 2006’s Second Lebanon War and will see the IDF attempt to hold on to parts of Gaza, at least temporarily.

A Hamas official tells the newspaper its fighters will try to ambush Israeli soldiers by popping out of tunnels behind their advance to surprise the troops.
I am not a military strategist but no one wages war by saying exactly what they are going to do. They will be doing something else IMO.

About “that video,”….it’s not like any of that is new news. We know about the slaughter, the bodies, the torture, the babies…And we have seen the endless videos and articles and some of the carnage and brutality …but to “see it- see it”….like “really see it”…very, very powerful video.
I wonder whether the go-pro footage came from dead Hamas terrorists.

Unlike my beloved people in Israel, I have the incredible luxury right now of telling myself I need a break, Saturday Night Live is back on, I’ll watch and try not to think about it right now.

Then Pete Davidson’s opening remarks made me cry.

I was getting a little worried about you, I could feel your emotion in your emojis in my alerts.

Rest your sweet mind if you can. ❤️

I was recently listening to Agenda Free and Steve was reading from a NY Times article about what ground forces could be facing when attempting their operations into Gaza... it sounded very foreboding particularly with Hamas fighters use of the tunnels (striking them ahead and from behind). This may play a part in any day/night decisions, too?
I think you are right.

City fighting is very tough for armies. As you stated, HAMAS has been digging tunnels for years. Likewise, the price of technology has fallen for nearly everything.

Good night vision devices are available on the open market. So are encrypted radios (I would not be surprised if some have limited anti jamming abilities). The Ukrainians have shown that even improvised drones can be deadly. Insurgents also have CCTVs to watch for the approaching enemy. "Electric eye" and "Ring" alarms designed to deter burglars can be used as warning systems etc etc.

My bet is that the Israelis are listening to, and analyzing every bit of communications in Gaza trying to figure out:

- How well did HAMAS plan for the Israeli retaliation?
- Is HAMAS starting fracture as many members want out?- Or are most members still in "armagedon" mode and want to go out fighting to the end?
- Are smaller armed groups continuing to support HAMAS? Or, are they starting to jump ship?

The answers to those questions could well alter Israeli battle plans. They could decide that a night attack is too risky.

Incredible the tactics that can be used on a predictable enemy. There is only so many places they can be and I'm confident that surveillance has been done since the attack was known.

HAMAS's mass mayhem and murder attack shows that they might not be that predictable. In addition to civilians, about 200 Israeli soldiers and para military police were also killed.

As a side note, Israel fought a war with Hezbollah in 2009. A certain number of Israelis thought that Hezbollah would follow an olde fashioned, predictable script as:

1. The gang that cant shoot straight.
2. The gang that was inevitably going to start making Jihadi fueled suicidal "banzai charges".

Instead, they found an intelligent, well prepared enemy that used the weapons they had to deadly effect. Though they had no where near Israeli fire power, they were a tough enemy to over come.

I think you are right.

City fighting is very tough for armies. As you stated, HAMAS has been digging tunnels for years. Likewise, the price of technology has fallen for nearly everything.

Good night vision devices are available on the open market. So are encrypted radios (I would not be surprised if some have limited anti jamming abilities). The Ukrainians have shown that even improvised drones can be deadly. Insurgents also have CCTVs to watch for the approaching enemy. "Electric eye" and "Ring" alarms designed to deter burglars can be used as warning systems etc etc.

My bet is that the Israelis are listening to, and analyzing every bit of communications in Gaza trying to figure out:

- Is HAMAS starting fracture as many members want out?- Or are most members still in "armagedon" mode and want to go out fighting to the end?
- Are smaller armed groups continuing to support HAMAS? Or, are they starting to jump ship?

The answers to those questions could well alter Israeli battle plans. They could decide that a night attack is too risky.
The best battle plans always have backup plans...

I'm not surprised. Hamas terrorists appear to have grown up as indoctrinated stupids. They so bravely slaughtered children, babies, seniors, pregnant women, and now they are so afraid that they want to hide behind their neighbours? They don't want to be left alone to face the consequences of their actions?

The people of Gaza should stand up and speak out if they want the world to believe that they are not complicit in their elected government's decision to take them to war. If they were not rejoicing in the streets at the genocidal murder of neighbouring children, we want to hear it from them.

I think you are right.

True true. It's amazing how everyday devices can be used in war... things I'd never thought about.

I've wondered if IDF is trying a little by little approach... softening (with air strikes, etc) and enter on ground in small bits. No shock and awe, just whittling away at them and hopefully weakening them... learning and listening even more as they go.

26min ago

Rocket sirens sound in Galilee town, after alert-free night across Israel

Rocket alarms sound in the Galilee town of Sde Eliezer in the north, sending residents to bomb shelters in the early morning.

The siren, the first in Israel in many hours, comes amid widespread fear that the Hezbollah terror group could join the fighting, and a day after mortars were fired from Lebanon and rockets were launched from Syria.

12min ago

IDF says sirens in north due to Iron Dome firing at ‘suspicious target’

The Israel Defense Forces says an incoming rocket alarm sounding in the northern community of Sde Eliezer was due to an Iron Dome missile being fired at a “suspicious target.”

The IDF says further details are under investigation.

Approved by SillyBilly (thank you)

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN JOINING :

Join us on Sunday, October 15th at 11:00 AM PT, 2:00 PM EST for a moment of collective mourning as we remember each of the 1300+ precious lives
taken by the recent Hamas terrorist attacks.This Community Shiva Memorial Service is more than an event; it is an opportunity to unite and share in our pain and collective sorrow.

If possible, we kindly ask that you have a candle on hand during the memorial service.
We will light our candles together as a symbol of unity and remembrance.

Upon completing your registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing the link for the event.

(this is a free event)

Jewish law of sitting Shiva: Shiva is the seven day mourning period we observe for the deceased (parent, child, spouse) at which time we pray for the soul of the deceased to be elevated to heaven. We light a candle to symbolize the soul.

I'm not surprised. Hamas terrorists appear to have grown up as indoctrinated stupids. They so bravely slaughtered children, babies, seniors, pregnant women, and now they are so afraid that they want to hide behind their neighbours? They don't want to be left alone to face the consequences of their actions?

The people of Gaza should stand up and speak out if they want the world to believe that they are not complicit in their elected government's decision to take them to war. If they were not rejoicing in the streets at the genocidal murder of neighbouring children, we want to hear it from them.
I think it is way too late for them to speak up …..
JMO

“Ditza Heiman, 84, was seen by a neighbour at the Nir Oz kibbutz being led away by Hamas gunmen, her niece said. A former social worker, she is the widow of Zvi Shdaimah, who came to the UK on the Kindertransport, the organised rescue of children from Nazi-controlled areas during World War Two.”

Family photo of Ditza Heiman, a white-haired woman with glasses, sitting in a chair looking up at the camera
IMAGE SOURCE, DITZA HEIMAN FAMILY
Image caption,
Aged 84, Ditza Heiman was taken away by militants from the kibbutz where she lived, a neighbour said

I'm not surprised. Hamas terrorists appear to have grown up as indoctrinated stupids.
I agree about the 'indoctrinated' component. I dont know about the 'stupid' component- though you could also be right about that as well.

In the end, however, "indoctrinated" does not always mean dim witted. <modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member