Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post contained many statements with no links to support as required by Websleuths TOS. Response is also removed>

Of course the actions of some do not mean every single Palestinian agrees.

But I will feel badly for the small children and babies who have no choice in the matter.
The adults need to rebel and revolt against their leaders, and they need to do it now.
Enough is enough.

<modsnip - no link to this statement> the blame lies with Hamas and those who killed civilians and are now using them as human shields, hiding behind women and children -- not Israel.
Omo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible.
Don't some cultures have a tradition of swift burial, as well ?
Making their task harder.
I beleive the Amish don't embalm but bury within a set number of days ? I don't know about the Jewish traditions in this case ; but I thought burial is fairly soon ?
Omo.
Both Orthodox Jews and Muslims have swift burials. No embalming.

15s ago

Israel gives Gaza hospital just 'two hours to evacuate', says MSF​

Médecins Sans Frontières said Israel has given Al Awda hospital in the northern Gaza Strip just two hours to evacuate.

A statement from the organisation reads:

Israel has given Al Awda Hospital just two hours to evacuate. Our staff are still treating patients.
We unequivocally condemn this action, the continued indiscriminate bloodshed and attacks on health care in Gaza.
We are trying to protect our staff and patients.

BBM
Rebel? Did you see the footage of celebrations in Gaza City? Women handing out cakes and candy in celebration? Dancing on the dead bodies of soldiers? Raping and dragging a young girl? It wasn’t JUST militants. It was women. Children. They were celebrating and dancing, like at a wedding.

Its one thing to be afraid for your life and do as Hamas says. Its a whole other story to celebrate in the streets.
Ugh.
No, I didn't see that footage.
Might refrain as it's bad for my blood pressure.
There are many things I could say ....

Trying to stay objective is nearly impossible.
Imo.

I STAND WITH ISRAEL.

What is the latest in Israel and Gaza?

1697220518623.jpeg
Getty Images
Palestinians are fleeing their homes in Gaza CityImage

It's just gone 2000 in Israel and Gaza and the night is arriving. If you're just joining us, here are the latest developments:

• Hundreds of residents of Gaza are on the road, fleeing towards the south after Israel ordered an evacuation in 24 hours this morning. Some are going by foot due to serious fuel shortages
  • UN says that "it is impossible for Palestinians to comply with the orders of Israel in given time" and that Israel's evacuation order is "horrendous"
  • Hamas still is still firing rockets towards Ashkelon from Gaza, as Israel continues its bombardment of the Strip
  • Rocket sirens have been sounded in Tel Aviv and surrounding cities, as Israeli prepared for the start of Shabbat, the Jewish day of rest
  • US is pressing for a safe zone for the civilians in Gaza, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said in a presser in Qatar
  • A Reuters videographer has been killed in southern Lebanon, two other journalists were injured
  • In West Bank, which is ruled by Palestinian Authority but under Israeli occupation, clashes followed demonstrations and 11 people were shot dead by Israeli soldiers

15s ago

Israel gives Gaza hospital just 'two hours to evacuate', says MSF​

Médecins Sans Frontières said Israel has given Al Awda hospital in the northern Gaza Strip just two hours to evacuate.

A statement from the organisation reads:

That's just not feasible. Likely there are patients in surgeries that will not be finished in two hours. And critically ill people perhaps on ventilators that cannot be moved.

And where will they go? Out in a field without electricity or water?

I can't find this hospital on Google maps. Does anyone know where this is in Gaza?

30s ago
Israel did not consult with the US before it issued an evacuation warning to more than a million Palestinian civilians in northern Gaza, the White House said.

Spokesperson John Kirby said:

There was no prior consultation that I’m aware of before the IDF issued that evacuation warning.
The US is working “aggressively” with Israeli and Egyptian officials to try to find safe passage out of southern Gaza, he added.

He told reporters that President Joe Biden has spoken with family members of 14 Americans unaccounted for after attacks by Hamas militants on Israel.

He said US authorities were still working to get more information on how many Americans were among the hostages taken by Hamas.

“We still believe it’s a very small number,” he said. “I think I described it as less than a handful.”

The White House has confirmed the deaths of 22 Americans in the Hamas attacks on Israel.

1m ago
The first charter flight organised by the US government to get its citizens out of Israel has departed, the White House said.

The flight “is en route right now into Europe,” spokesperson John Kirby told reporters on Friday. He declined to provide an exact destination for the flight.

More flights are planned in coming days, he said.

First US evacuation flight lands in Athens​

The first US flight taking Americans out of Israel has landed in Athens, an official from White House told Reuters.

Additional charter flights are scheduled between Athens and Tel Aviv until at least 19 October, a separate source told the news agency. They added that more than 400 Americans had signed up for the first flight.

The US government is also exploring evacuation options by sea, according to White House spokesperson John Kirby.

1m ago18.43 BST
Violent exchanges between Palestinians and Israel Defence Forces (IDF), as well as Israeli settlers living in the West Bank, were reported near Hebron, Nablus and Ramallah by early Friday afternoon. It was not immediately clear how many people were involved, whether live fire had been used, and whether anyone had been injured or killed.

Jerusalem, often a flashpoint for violence on Fridays, the Muslim holy day, had expected an influx of worshippers for this week’s most important prayer session at the flashpoint al-Aqsa mosque compound following six days of punishing airstrikes on Gaza, a tiny Palestinian enclave home to 2.3 million people.

Turnout was low, however, after the Jordanian Waqf, that administers the complex’s Muslim holy sites, said that Israel had banned access to Palestinians under the age of 60, and the Beyadenu Temple Mount Movement, an extremist Jewish group, threatened to prevent Muslim worshippers from entering the area. Israeli media reported that more than 2,500 officers and volunteers were patrolling the Old City and its vicinity.

Clashes between Palestinians and Israeli border police were also reported inside the Old City’s Muslim Quarter, and in Wadi Joz, a Palestinian neighbourhood just to the north of the dense 1 sq km maze of narrow streets and alleyways.

now
Violence between Palestinian protesters and Israeli security forces has erupted in several areas of occupied East Jerusalem and the West Bank.

In the West Bank there were calls for marches across several big towns and cities, but in the chaos across the region, details on what under other circumstances would be described as major incidents were hard to follow. At least 11 Palestinians were shot and killed in the West Bank over the course of the day, the Palestinian health ministry said.

Khaled Mashal, the former leader of Hamas, called for a “global day of rage” in support of Palestinians, demanding governments and people across the Middle East to protest.

“Tribes of Jordan, sons of Jordan, brothers and sisters of Jordan … This is a moment of truth and the borders are close to you, you all know your responsibility,” he said. The Turkish news agency Anadolu reported that thousands gathered in the Jordanian capital Amman, but did not spread further after a ban on protest near the border areas with the West Bank.

I wouldn't be surprised if US special forces or other groups like SEALS are on the ground in Israel ready (or already) to assist in hostage rescues. We would likely never hear about it, but this type of mission is their specialty.

Just look at the Bin Laden mission. Incredible.

Side note:

AND they managed a dignified burial for him within 12 hours.

Horrible.
Don't some cultures have a tradition of swift burial, as well ?
Making their task harder.
I believe the Amish don't embalm but bury within a set number of days ? I don't know about the Jewish traditions in this case ; but I thought burial is fairly soon ?
Omo.

Eta: Sp.

Burial in Arabic countries is usually within 48 hours. My father passed away in Istanbul and I was not able to get there in time for his burial, due to the country's burial practices.

Note: that was about twenty years ago.

That's just not feasible. Likely there are patients in surgeries that will not be finished in two hours. And critically ill people perhaps on ventilators that cannot be moved.

And where will they go? Out in a field without electricity or water?

I can't find this hospital on Google maps. Does anyone know where this is in Gaza?
I dare say the IDF knows what they're doing. Remember, they know waaay more than we do. Just saying...

WATCH: CCTV shows Hamas gunmen breaking into kibbutz​

[Video at link. Contains some upsetting scenes.]

Here is a CCTV video that shows how Hamas gunmen had hidden in an empty surveillance booth before 06:00 local time lass Saturday morning. They ambushed a car used by civilians at the entrance of kibbutz Be'eri.

Then then used the open the gate to get inside the kibbutz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot