Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, apparently Australia got three more plane loads of Aussies out of Israel while we were all sleeping on Sunday night (it is Monday morning here).

Maybe the previous announcement that there would be no more planes for a bit was just a lie to try to keep the Aussies safe from attack at the airport.

Some people who registered for the flights did not show up. Our Foreign Minister said that they have been urging people to leave whenever they can, so these people may have already left, or have decided to stay.

They are going to try to get one more plane load of people out today.

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Fears for civilians as 'next stages' of Gaza attack loom (cnn.com)
13 min ago

Israel says it killed a Hamas commander as it launched dozens of strikes on Gaza​

The Israeli military says it killed a Hamas commander as part of strikes on some 250 targets Sunday, mostly in the northern Gaza Strip.

The commander was identified in an Israel Defense Forces statement as Muetaz Eid, commander of the Hamas Southern District of National Security, who was located through intelligence from the IDF and the Israeli Security Agency, the statement said.

Hamas has not yet made a statement.

The IDF said it also hit “dozens of military headquarters, a series of military observation posts, and a number of rocket launching posts used by Hamas and Islamic Jihad terrorist organizations.”

[...]

Also, the pro Palestinian rallies in Australia all went peacefully yesterday.

About 6,000 people showed up for the rally in Sydney, About 10,000 showed up for the rally in Melbourne. There were smaller rallies in other cities. All peaceful.

However, the police are cracking down on isolated incidents of disrespect.

Sydney police arrested three men on Friday for delivering Nazi salutes outside the Jewish Museum of Australia, media said. Australia's intelligence chief has urged people to tone down rhetoric that could inflame tension.

Map Image of Extensive tunnel system "under Gaza" (IE: under schools, hospitals, residential areas, refugee camps etc). These tunnel systems are legit military targets and ergo the extensive area to which Israel must ensure becomes unusable in order to protect their citizens. I wonder if there is some way whereby Israel can simply flood the heck out of these.

Oh wow, awesome, thanks for posting @Vern. Bookmarking!!

_131408753_hamas_tunnels_metro_2021_640-nc-2x-nc.png.webp

It shows that they aren’t savages and are trying to spare as much life as possible. I think the main goal would be to eliminate the weapons and destroy the tunnels. imo
Live update: Officials say Qatar pressing Hamas to release women, children and elderly hostages http://dlvr.it/SxTF7n . Click to read
I think the IDF are making some good decisions right now. They are slowing things down, cooling off, and allowing women, children and the elderly to leave the danger zone. Which helps with public pressure as well.

They can watch the people leaving, and I am sure they are watching for groups of adult males trying to leave. They will probably stop and question those males.

Once they have given the locals a fair chance to evacuate, they can bring in their many reserve officers, and they can search the underground bunkers for hostages and also for weapons and communication systems etc. JMO

It is now 30 US dead. State Dept says it is aware of 13 American nationals who are unaccounted-for; USG is working with the Israeli govt on “every aspect of the hostage crisis, including sharing intelligence & deploying experts” to advise on hostage recovery

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpeg
    IMG_0961.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 2
South First Responders - newly released Go-pro footage recovered from a Hamas terrorist:

Warning: Triggering

While kicking the hostage (an Israeli youth who has a ponytail) you can hear the terrorist behind the camera scream "Ya *advertiser censored*" (an anti-Gay slur) (10 seconds into the video).

To respect the families of the hostages and victims we have taken the time to blur the image partially.

Bringing forward from last thread:

sds71 said:
BREAKING: Iran’s Foreign Minister has made his strongest warning yet in remarks to Al Jazeera: “If stopping the aggression against Gaza does not succeed, the expansion of the war fronts is not excluded and its possibility increases every hour. Iran cannot remain a spectator.”

“If America and Israel do not stop this policy, the scope of the war cannot be stopped During my meeting in Lebanon, I learned from Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah [the leader of Hezbullah] that all scenarios were put on the table.”

“The continued aggression and the absence of a political solution add fuel to the fire and things may get out of control. The region and its actors will not remain spectators.” - Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian, speaking to Al Jazeera

https://x.com/MattMcBradley/status/1713538511104532975?s=20

I think the IDF are making some good decisions right now. They are slowing things down, cooling off, and allowing women, children and the elderly to leave the danger zone. Which helps with public pressure as well.

They can watch the people leaving, and I am sure they are watching for groups of adult males trying to leave. They will probably stop and question those males.

Once they have given the locals a fair chance to evacuate, they can bring in their many reserve officers, and they can search the underground bunkers for hostages and also for weapons and communication systems etc. JMO

I was also glad to see that water supply is resuming to the area. Even though some are saying that without electricity their pumps wont work to fill up their water tanks.

MSF (doctors without borders) were saying yesterday that their drinkable water supplies were almost exhausted.

It must be very difficult to try to cripple Hamas while not harming the many innocents.

imo

Last edited:
...they can bring in their many reserve officers, and they can search the underground bunkers for hostages and also for weapons and communication systems etc. JMO
RSBM

I hope it doesn't happen that way. If they are smart, IMO they will use drones, robots and other non-living weapons, just like the US did in Syria (or police in the US do when taking down terrorists for eg the Boston Bomber).

To send thousands of young men into sniper territory, down booby-trapped tunnels, with hidden, heavily armed fighters just waiting to pick them off one by one as they enter...lambs to slaughter.

JMO

Just published by South First Responders:

Warning: Very Graphic

Israel-Hamas war live: Netanyahu says Israel will dismantle ‘bloodthirsty monsters’ of Hamas (theguardian.com)
15m ago16.00 BST

Rsbm

• The World Health Organization (WHO) director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has repeated his claim that Israeli evacuation orders are a “death sentence” to those receiving medical care. Calling the health situation in Gaza “dire”, in a message posted to social media, he said “Attacks on health care are causing additional deaths and injuries. Evacuation orders by Israel to hospitals are practically impossible to implement and are a death sentence for the sick and injured. Health workers are staying by their patients’ sides. WHO calls on Israel to protect health facilities, health workers, patients, and civilians, and to immediately reverse evacuation orders to hospitals.”

Doc T: (see my signature, if this what Doc T says then it goes a long way with me.)

• The World Health Organization (WHO) director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has repeated his claim that Israeli evacuation orders are a “death sentence” to those receiving medical care. Calling the health situation in Gaza “dire”, in a message posted to social media, he said “Attacks on health care are causing additional deaths and injuries. Evacuation orders by Israel to hospitals are practically impossible to implement and are a death sentence for the sick and injured. Health workers are staying by their patients’ sides. WHO calls on Israel to protect health facilities, health workers, patients, and civilians, and to immediately reverse evacuation orders to hospitals.”

Eta: I don’t see anything unreasonable in this statement.

Last edited:
Doc T:

I just want to put out there that I have faith in the Israeli's and their compassion for innocent life and attempts to minimize. Of course they will protect hospitals to the extent they can and barring Hamas having put rocket launch sites on their roofs etc.

I really, no really, do not believe that the IDF has any intent to destroy hospitals and/or "kill" their patients. IMO, when the IDF does enter into Gaza, they will certainly "clear" these hospitals to ensure they are not harbouring hiding terrorists, weapons, munitions etc (this is a war that is the priority). Then, I'm willing to wager that the IDF will begin ensuring the operation of the facilities via generators, fuel etc. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the IDF treat & evacute patients out of Gazan Hospitals to more robust facilities - even those facilities within Israel.

I have faith in Israel; this isn't the first time they've been in the position of having to conduct Gazan ground operations.

I just want to put out there that I have faith in the Israeli's and their compassion for innocent life and attempts to minimize.

I really, no really, do not believe that the IDF has any intent to destroy hospitals and/or "kill" their patients. IMO, when the IDF does enter into Gaza, they will certainly "clear" these hospitals to ensure they are not harbouring hiding terrorists, weapons, munitions etc (this is a war that is the priority). Then, I'm willing to wager that the IDF will begin ensuring the operation of the facilities via generators, fuel etc. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the IDF treat & evacute patients out of Gazan Hospitals to more robust facilities - even those facilities within Israel.

I have faith in Israel; this isn't the first time they've been in the position of having to conduct Gazan ground operations.
I agree and expect the IDF will go in person through the hospital, not bomb from above. imo

jmo

3min ago

Abbas says Hamas does not represent Palestinians

Palestinian Authority President Mahmuod Abbas says the policies and actions of Hamas “do not represent the Palestinian people”, the news agency Wafa reports.

Speaking to Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, Abbas says the Palestine Liberation Organization is the only legitimate representative of the Palestinian people.

Abbas also calls for the release of “prisoners and detainees” by both sides and reiterates his claim that the displacement of Gazans would constitute a “second Nakba.”

Maduro says he is dispatching humanitarian supplies to Gaza, Wafa says.

12:59 am

Overnight airstrikes shake Gaza, reportedly near hospital

Fresh airstrikes can be heard echoing in the Gaza Strip, with fireballs lighting up the night sky.

The Palestinian Red Crescent says that five airstrikes were carried out near al-Quds Hospital, according to Gaza media. Israel had given the hospital a deadline of Saturday afternoon to evacuate, which the Red Crescent refused, saying the order was impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia