Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe a "handbook" exists.

Unnamed sources are used by government officials to spread propaganda. I vividly recall the claim from our American VP that Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction" and that is why America got involved in the Iraq war. It was a lie.

JMO
It was reported (with photos) that the Hamas terrorists carried handbooks on them when they were found (some deceased).

I think some of these soldiers are female as well. I’ll try to remember her name, iirc she’s the one who is seen in the back of the truck, injured (or not, could be confusing them), but yeah, she was able to talk to her family, sister maybe, while her base was being attacked…oh, I wanted to comment on her before but forgot to, it was so sad, yet brave - she was telling her sister iirc, “basically stay strong for mom, do not mourn too hard,“ something like that. I’ll try to pull her notes.
Very likely a decent portion are female. I believe conscription in Israel is mandatory for women.

The US State Department on Thursday issued a "worldwide caution security alert" for overseas American citizens, citing increased tensions in various locations around the world and the potential for extremist attacks.
If you're an American outside of the country, and you're signed up with the State Dept., (I am, and I am also signed up) you'll receive a notice of the threat level, and what things to avoid (basically, common tourist locations but also a caution in any public place) and my email came through just a little while ago.

Pretty unsettling to say the least, that as an American I'm not safe in public places in Canada. Scary times for sure.

It took many decades

It was the longest running conflict in Europe.

The last Hamas - Israel ceasefire was in 2021 so I think ruling out any negotiated settlements in the future is - hopefully - premature. At least that ambassador is hoping so
yes, but it is why we can't compare Ireland to Gaza in any way. Hamas might allow a cease fire, but that is it. But then the launch an Oct attack like we just saw. The Palestinians and supporters claim Gaza is an open air prison, but it is that way because of Hamas. It is a horrible situation for sure. But the only group standing in the way of trying to make it better is Hamas. This has just gone on and on. But after last weekend, the status quo wont be allowed anymore. I think that is really what frightens many in the Arab world. And perhaps Iran. The cries of "cease fire" from protesters is falling on deaf ears, as it should (in my opinion.). That has been tried over and over, and the result is that the can gets kicked down the road, more people are slaughtered, conditions get worse.

According to fresh data from the IDF, among the 203 confirmed hostages in the Gaza Strip, some 30 are children and youths. Additionally, there are 100-200 more missing people whose fate is currently unknown. IDF still finding bodies in the Gaza border area, mostly of terrorists.

Do we know many Palestinian prisoners are being held by chance.

So, let’s just take for example the 2011 trade of Gilad Shalit, for 1,027 prisoners including SINWAR.

1000 x 203 is 203K, based on the same formula, of course not to say it would be the same formula, just sayin.

*this post has been corrected from 2000 to 1000

Last edited:
If you're an American outside of the country, and you're signed up with the State Dept., (I am, and I am also signed up) you'll receive a notice of the threat level, and what things to avoid (basically, common tourist locations but also a caution in any public place) and my email came through just a little while ago.

Pretty unsettling to say the least, that as an American I'm not safe in public places in Canada. Scary times for sure.

Very unsettling. Stay safe.

So, let’s just take for ex Apple the 2011 trade of Gilad, for 2000 prisoners including SINWAR.

2000 x 203 is 406K, based on the same formula, of course not to say it would be the same formula, just sayin.
In Israel?
I believe the last number I saw was around 5,000.

July 2023 Prime minister says UK discourages use of cluster bombs
'
The UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak says the country "discourages" the use of cluster bombs.
This comes after the US agrees to supply them to Ukraine.
Cluster bombs are banned by more than 120 countries, because of how dangerous they can be to civilians including children.
Civilians are people in countries affected by war who don't have anything to do with the fighting.
On Friday 7 July, the US president Joe Biden said he made a "very difficult decision" to supply them to Ukraine.
In response, the UK, Canada, New Zealand and Spain all said they were against their use.'

( Bear in mind that Gaza is one of the most densely populated areas in the world and 60% of population are children)

I don't believe a "handbook" exists.

Unnamed sources are used by government officials to spread propaganda. I vividly recall the claim from our American VP that Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction" and that is why America got involved in the Iraq war. It was a lie.

JMO
Since the first casualty of any war is THE TRUTH (more now than ever before, it would seem), I totally get why you don't believe it exists.
On the other hand, do we even need one to actually exist, since we already know these folks are savages?
Most of us have watched the videos & seen the pics.
Those are worse than any printed instructions in a handbook could ever be.

jmo

compare that with the Le Pointe & Washington Post tweets I pasted earlier

we're just going to have to keep being cautious

Gosh you scared me, “artillery shells,” not troops, I was about to fall over.

Ran out of time on above post, wanted to add as eta “Al though not to say that this couldn’t happen in the future.”

Ok, so 5,000/203= 217.

*of course who knows what, if any, formulas are at play.
Remember the trade for Gilad Shalit?

Why Israelis believe one soldier is worth 1,000 Palestinian prisoners​

The Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange (Hebrew: עסקת שליט; Arabic: صفقة شاليط), also known as "Wafa al-Ahrar" ("Faithful to the free"),[1] followed a 2011 agreement between Israel and Hamas to release Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit in exchange for 1,027 prisoners — almost all Palestinians and Arab-Israelis, although there were also a Ukrainian,[2] a Jordanian[3] and a Syrian.[4]Two hundred and eighty of these had been sentenced to life in prison for planning and perpetrating various attacks against Israeli targets.[5][6]

The Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange (Hebrew: עסקת שליט; Arabic: صفقة شاليط), also known as "Wafa al-Ahrar" ("Faithful to the free"),[1] followed a 2011 agreement between Israel and Hamas to release Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit in exchange for 1,027 prisoners — almost all Palestinians and Arab-Israelis, although there were also a Ukrainian,[2] a Jordanian[3] and a Syrian.[4]Two hundred and eighty of these had been sentenced to life in prison for planning and perpetrating various attacks against Israeli targets.[5][6]

So it was 1,027? I thought it was 2,000ish. If I messed that up, apologies, let me check my alternate sources. Brb.

Eta: @Momoffourboys boys, my bad, I was wrong. Let me correct my posts above and adjust the math (so just divide it in half, approx 203K then.

Ref/
They need to get “The Butcher.”

Who knows how long that’s going to take.

Eta/reference via @PommyMommy in last thread:

“Yahya Sinwar is a direct enemy of the State of Israel and his genocidal terrorist organization—Hamas—is a threat to the entire world.”

—-

When A Murderer Becomes A Leader: Who is Yahya Sinwar?
IDF

“In 2018, the Head of the Hamas terrorist organization, Yahya Sinwar, declared to the world: “We will take down the border [with Israel] and we will tear their hearts from their bodies."
Last Saturday, October 7th, Sinwar’s declaration became Israel’s reality”

*much more at link

——

3 days ago:

Hamas' Gaza chief Yahya Sinwar' Gaza chief Yahya Sinwar
Hamas' Gaza chief, Yahya Sinwar, in Gaza City in April 2022. Ali Jadallah / Anadolu Agency via Getty Images

OMG, SINWAR was part of the Gilad Shalit trade???!!!!!!!!

“Sinwar was released in 2011, one of more than 1,000 Palestinian freed in exchange for one Israeli soldier, Gilad Shalit, who was taken hostage by Hamas and held for five years. At the time, emotions were mixed over the lopsided exchange, which allowed other violent prisoners to walk free.”

Holy cow.

GASP.

—-

Eta/ reference:

—-

Eta2:

15 hours ago:

Yahya Sinwar, Hamas’s Leader in Gaza, Is at the Top of Israel’s Target List​

Considered a brutal enforcer within Hamas, he served time in Israeli prison before being released in a 2011 prisoner swap.

The Israeli military calls Yahya Sinwar, the hard-line leader of Hamas in Gaza, the “face of evil.” And senior officers say he is the top target for the tens of thousands of Israeli troops poised to invade the coastal enclave and destroy its leadership.

Long considered a brutal enforcer within Hamas and an implacable enemy of Israel, Mr. Sinwar served more than two decades in Israeli prisons before being released in a 2011 prisoner swap. He emerged as the militant group’s leader in Gaza — its top leadership resides abroad — in 2017.

“Yahya Sinwar is the face of evil,” Lt. Col. Richard Hecht, an Israeli military spokesman, said on Saturday after Hamas assailants killed more than 1,300 Israelis in a brutal incursion that began Oct. 7. “He is the mastermind behind this, like bin Laden was.”

(*That’s the first thing I said the other day, “So this is like a Bin Laden.”)

A gray-haired man in a blazer waves as he shakes a person’s hand.

Mr. Sinwar, who is believed to be 60 or 61, grew up in Khan Younis, in the southern Gaza Strip. Credit...Ibraheem Abu Mustafa/Reuters

——

More from the above NYT article:

“Mr. Sinwar was released in 2011, the most senior of 1,100 Palestinian prisoners that Israel exchanged for one of its soldiers, Gilad Shalit, who had been captured by Hamas in a cross-border raid in 2006. At the time, Mr. Sinwar said he spent his time in prison studying the Israelis and, eventually, helping negotiate the prisoner swap.

“They wanted the prison to be a grave for us. A mill to grind our will, determination and bodies,” Mr. Sinwar said after his release. “But thank God, with our belief in our cause we turned the prison into sanctuaries of worship and academies for study.”

Six years later, he was chosen to lead Hamas in Gaza and set about consolidating his power. He is believed to have been behind the 2015 detention, torture and killing of a Hamas commander, Mahmoud Ishtiwi, who was accused of embezzlement and “moral crimes” — amid suspicions of gay sex — that Mr. Sinwar apparently feared could compromise the group.”

——-

Israel's No.1 Hamas kill target is Yahya Sinwar, the 'Butcher from Khan Younis'​

“As Gaza's de facto ruler, Sinwar is the highest-ranking Hamas official in Gaza. He is Hamas' most powerful leader after Haniyeh, who lives in exile in Qatar, The Telegraph reported.

——

Yahya Sinwar, head of Hamas

Yahya Sinwar, head of Hamas CREDIT: Getty Images/Yousef Masoud/SOPA Images/LightRocket

Last edited:
Since the first casualty of any war is THE TRUTH (more now than ever before, it would seem), I totally get why you don't believe it exists.
On the other hand, do we even need one to actually exist, since we already know these folks are savages?
Most of us have watched the videos & seen the pics.
Those are worse than any printed instructions in a handbook could ever be.

jmo

In CNN interview: President Herzog reveals Hamas “Captive Taking Handbook”​

In the booklet terrorists are advised in detail on how to carry out the kidnapping.​

yes, but it is why we can't compare Ireland to Gaza in any way. Hamas might allow a cease fire, but that is it. But then the launch an Oct attack like we just saw. The Palestinians and supporters claim Gaza is an open air prison, but it is that way because of Hamas. It is a horrible situation for sure. But the only group standing in the way of trying to make it better is Hamas. This has just gone on and on. But after last weekend, the status quo wont be allowed anymore. I think that is really what frightens many in the Arab world. And perhaps Iran. The cries of "cease fire" from protesters is falling on deaf ears, as it should (in my opinion.). That has been tried over and over, and the result is that the can gets kicked down the road, more people are slaughtered, conditions get worse.

let's loop back to how this conversation string started
- Ambassador to US explains why the language needs to be cautious looking to future, leaving open off-ramp for deconfliction ( military wing of Hamas & political wings)

- Another WS member replies, understandably, that it makes no sense - both wings are linked.
- I reply to that Wser yes but eg USA helped broker the GFA - Paramilitary wing & political wings IRA/SFein
- You reply to my post saying wtte that difference was Sinn Fein willing to negotiate
- I reply yes but that took years, it was the most intractable, longest running conflict in Europe & the last ceasefire Israel-Hamas was in 2021

Ireland was initially mentioned as an example for political and paramiltary wings of basically one organisation

let's loop back to how this conversation string started
- Ambassador to US explains why the language needs to be cautious looking to future, leaving open off-ramp for deconfliction ( military wing of Hamas & political wings)

- Another WS member replies, understandably, that it makes no sense - both wings are linked.
- I reply to that Wser yes but eg USA helped broker the GFA - Paramilitary wing & political wings IRA/SFein
- You reply to my post saying wtte that difference was Sinn Fein willing to negotiate
- I reply yes but that took years, it was the most intractable, longest running conflict in Europe & the last ceasefire Israel-Hamas was in 2021

Ireland was initially mentioned as an example for political and paramiltary wings of basically one organisation
I guess my point got jumbled in there and I maybe wasn't responding to the right posts. My point was, yes in Ireland, the Troubles were brought to peace by negotiations with Sinn Fein, the political branch of IRA. But while Hamas also has a political and armed branches, the comparison isn't the same. Hamas seeks NO political solution, unlike IRA/Sinn Fein.

According to fresh data from the IDF, among the 203 confirmed hostages in the Gaza Strip, some 30 are children and youths. Additionally, there are 100-200 more missing people whose fate is currently unknown. IDF still finding bodies in the Gaza border area, mostly of terrorists.

BBM: CORRECTED FROM 2,000 TO 1,027
And, remember:

The Butcher SINWAR, as IDF says “#1 Enemy of the State and Threat to the Entire World,” was the highest ranking of the 1,027 prisoners they traded for the one Israeli soldier Gilad in 2011.

So, will they do this again? Risk releasing another future Satan?

Boy oh boy they of course want their soldiers, and/but like IDF says you can’t believe anything these, uh, radical monsters, say.

Wow, what a predicament, release future Devils to save their own.

So, let’s just take for example the 2011 trade of Gilad Shalit, for 1000 prisoners including SINWAR.

1000 x 203 is 203K, based on the same formula, of course not to say it would be the same formula, just sayin.

*this post has been corrected from 2000 to 1000

In Israel?
I believe the last number I saw was around 5,000.

Ok, so 5,000/203= 217.

*of course who knows what, if any, formulas are at play.

So it was 1,027? I thought it was 2,000ish. If I messed that up, apologies, let me check my alternate sources. Brb.

Eta: @Momoffourboys boys, my bad, I was wrong. Let me correct my posts above and adjust the math (so just divide it in half, approx 203K then.

Ref:
They need to get “The Butcher.”

Who knows how long that’s going to take.

Eta/reference via @PommyMommy in last thread:

“Yahya Sinwar is a direct enemy of the State of Israel and his genocidal terrorist organization—Hamas—is a threat to the entire world.”

—-

When A Murderer Becomes A Leader: Who is Yahya Sinwar?
IDF

“In 2018, the Head of the Hamas terrorist organization, Yahya Sinwar, declared to the world: “We will take down the border [with Israel] and we will tear their hearts from their bodies."
Last Saturday, October 7th, Sinwar’s declaration became Israel’s reality”

*much more at link

——

3 days ago:

Hamas' Gaza chief Yahya Sinwar' Gaza chief Yahya Sinwar
Hamas' Gaza chief, Yahya Sinwar, in Gaza City in April 2022. Ali Jadallah / Anadolu Agency via Getty Images

OMG, SINWAR was part of the Gilad Shalit trade???!!!!!!!!

“Sinwar was released in 2011, one of more than 1,000 Palestinian freed in exchange for one Israeli soldier, Gilad Shalit, who was taken hostage by Hamas and held for five years. At the time, emotions were mixed over the lopsided exchange, which allowed other violent prisoners to walk free.”

Holy cow.

GASP.

—-

Eta/ reference:

—-

Eta2:

15 hours ago:

Yahya Sinwar, Hamas’s Leader in Gaza, Is at the Top of Israel’s Target List​

Considered a brutal enforcer within Hamas, he served time in Israeli prison before being released in a 2011 prisoner swap.

The Israeli military calls Yahya Sinwar, the hard-line leader of Hamas in Gaza, the “face of evil.” And senior officers say he is the top target for the tens of thousands of Israeli troops poised to invade the coastal enclave and destroy its leadership.

Long considered a brutal enforcer within Hamas and an implacable enemy of Israel, Mr. Sinwar served more than two decades in Israeli prisons before being released in a 2011 prisoner swap. He emerged as the militant group’s leader in Gaza — its top leadership resides abroad — in 2017.

“Yahya Sinwar is the face of evil,” Lt. Col. Richard Hecht, an Israeli military spokesman, said on Saturday after Hamas assailants killed more than 1,300 Israelis in a brutal incursion that began Oct. 7. “He is the mastermind behind this, like bin Laden was.”

(*That’s the first thing I said the other day, “So this is like a Bin Laden.”)

A gray-haired man in a blazer waves as he shakes a person’s hand.

Mr. Sinwar, who is believed to be 60 or 61, grew up in Khan Younis, in the southern Gaza Strip. Credit...Ibraheem Abu Mustafa/Reuters

——

More from the above NYT article:

“Mr. Sinwar was released in 2011, the most senior of 1,100 Palestinian prisoners that Israel exchanged for one of its soldiers, Gilad Shalit, who had been captured by Hamas in a cross-border raid in 2006. At the time, Mr. Sinwar said he spent his time in prison studying the Israelis and, eventually, helping negotiate the prisoner swap.

“They wanted the prison to be a grave for us. A mill to grind our will, determination and bodies,” Mr. Sinwar said after his release. “But thank God, with our belief in our cause we turned the prison into sanctuaries of worship and academies for study.”

Six years later, he was chosen to lead Hamas in Gaza and set about consolidating his power. He is believed to have been behind the 2015 detention, torture and killing of a Hamas commander, Mahmoud Ishtiwi, who was accused of embezzlement and “moral crimes” — amid suspicions of gay sex — that Mr. Sinwar apparently feared could compromise the group.”

——-

Israel's No.1 Hamas kill target is Yahya Sinwar, the 'Butcher from Khan Younis'​

“As Gaza's de facto ruler, Sinwar is the highest-ranking Hamas official in Gaza. He is Hamas' most powerful leader after Haniyeh, who lives in exile in Qatar, The Telegraph reported.

——

Yahya Sinwar, head of Hamas

Yahya Sinwar, head of Hamas CREDIT: Getty Images/Yousef Masoud/SOPA Images/LightRocket

Just wanted to be sure that the corrected total of 1,027 appears for clarity and reference, ran out of time on second post.

—-

Eta, so final approximate math based on 5,000 approx Palestinians being held in Israel, with 203 confirmed hostages at this time, with the 1,000 for a soldier. 5000/203=217, 217 x 1000=217K (not 203k)

And they only have around 5,000 prisoners anyway, not 217K.

So yeah, sounds like they do enough hostages for trades then.

(Will hostages from other countries come into play, just a thought)

And “1000” formula is for a for a soldier anyway.

So, take the whole thing above then and apply it to only soldiers specifically, which is “enough soldiers” to (ref inserted below) - do we have the soldier total… I was thinking take 5,000 prisoners divided by 203 hostages, then multiply by 1000, but that’s the total hostages including non-soldiers, not soldiers specially. So this formula only works if they use the same formula for all hostages, again if any formulas are even currently at play, which it sounds like they are into formulas.

—-

Eta/ref:

Former Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal said on Thursday that the group has a number of Israeli soldiers, held as hostages, which are enough to negotiate releasing all the Palestinian prisoners in Israel.

“Former Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal said on Thursday that the group has a number of Israeli soldiers, held as hostages, which are enough to negotiate releasing all the Palestinian prisoners in Israel.”

* yeah, so it sounds like they do likely enough soldiers for hostages for proposed prisoner trades then, but we don’t know know how many soldiers they have do we?

I wonder how many total Israeli soldiers they have.

Maybe Hamas’ “negotiating formula” will become even more ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member