Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Czech defense minister calls to exit UN over org's support of Hamas

“I know that today is an important day for [the Czech Republic] and we want to celebrate our 105th anniversary. But this simply cannot be time-barred, forgive me. Exactly three weeks ago, Hamas murdered more than 1,400 Israelis, which is more victims per their population than the militant Islamist organization al-Qaeda murdered on 9/11/2001 in the USA. And only 14 countries, including ours, stood up against the unprecedented terrorist attack committed by Hamas terrorists, clearly and comprehensible!
"I am ashamed of the UN. In my opinion - the Czech Republic has nothing to expect in an organization that supports terrorists and does not respect the basic right to self-defense. Let's get out.”

I don’t blame them, the UN is worthless in my eyes.

Jmo

Apology from Netanyahu:

I was wrong. Things I said following the press conference should not have been said and I apologize for that. I give full backing to all the heads of the security arms. I am strengthening the Chief of Staff and the commanders and soldiers of the IDF who are at the front and fighting for the house. together we will win.

''Gaza/JerusalemCNN —
The main United Nations agency in Gaza warned Sunday there are signs “civil order is starting to break down” after “thousands” of people broke into its warehouses and distribution centers in central and southern parts of the enclave, “taking wheat, flour and other basic survival items.”

One of the warehouses in the city of Deir al Balah, in central Gaza, stores supplies from humanitarian convoys coming from Egypt, the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) said in a statement.

“This is a worrying sign that civil order is starting to break down after three weeks of war and a tight siege on Gaza. People are scared, frustrated and desperate,” said Thomas White, director of UNRWA affairs in the Gaza Strip.'

'The Israeli government has been under public pressure to ensure the safety of the hostages amid its escalating campaign against Hamas, with senior officials portraying the intensifying campaign as part of a strategy to secure their release.

Yahya Al-Sinwar, the chief of Hamas in the Gaza Strip, said Saturday the group was ready to initiate a comprehensive prisoner swap to release all hostages held by his group in exchange for the estimated 6,630 Palestinians in Israeli prisons — a proposition that could be hugely controversial in Israel.''

''Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi warned on Saturday that the Middle East “will become a ticking time bomb” and that the “expansion of the conflict” was not in the region’s interest.''

''Gaza/JerusalemCNN —
The main United Nations agency in Gaza warned Sunday there are signs “civil order is starting to break down” after “thousands” of people broke into its warehouses and distribution centers in central and southern parts of the enclave, “taking wheat, flour and other basic survival items.”

One of the warehouses in the city of Deir al Balah, in central Gaza, stores supplies from humanitarian convoys coming from Egypt, the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) said in a statement.

“This is a worrying sign that civil order is starting to break down after three weeks of war and a tight siege on Gaza. People are scared, frustrated and desperate,” said Thomas White, director of UNRWA affairs in the Gaza Strip.'

'The Israeli government has been under public pressure to ensure the safety of the hostages amid its escalating campaign against Hamas, with senior officials portraying the intensifying campaign as part of a strategy to secure their release.

Yahya Al-Sinwar, the chief of Hamas in the Gaza Strip, said Saturday the group was ready to initiate a comprehensive prisoner swap to release all hostages held by his group in exchange for the estimated 6,630 Palestinians in Israeli prisons — a proposition that could be hugely controversial in Israel.''

''Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi warned on Saturday that the Middle East “will become a ticking time bomb” and that the “expansion of the conflict” was not in the region’s interest.''
Why are those supplies in storage, and not being handed out, to begin with? I thought the whole point of allowing aid into Gaza was to get it to the people ASAP. Did I miss something?

Layla Moran, the [UK] Liberal Democrats foreign affairs spokesperson, who has extended family in Gaza, said the UK government and other international allies were “failing” to prevent civilian casualties in the region with its stance on the Israel-Hamas war.

Speaking to BBC’s Sunday With Laura Kuenssberg programme, Moran said:

I heard the secretary of state (Michelle Donelan) now suggest it is Hamas that is stopping them from leaving.

That is not what is happening. I find it deeply offensive to suggest that Hamas is giving my family any kind of marching orders. They have nothing to do with Hamas.

The reason they are there is because it is three generations: one is frail; you’ve got 11-year-old twins. They can’t move. There is bombing in the south – there is bombing on the so-called safe route that they were given to get to the south.

Nowhere in Gaza is safe, and the conversation in Gaza, I’m afraid to say, has changed. No longer are people saying, ‘Where do we go to be safe?’ – the question they are now asking is, ‘Where do we want to be when we die?’.

And this is not hyperbole, this is not just from them but their friends and family who we are in touch with. I cannot overstress the situation.

So when I hear from the government that they want to minimise civilian casualties, I have to say to them that they are failing, the strategy of the UK government, America and what they are effectively sanctioning in the way Israel is responding …

Moran added that Israel had a right to defend itself but said there needed to be a ceasefire and a move towards a political two-state solution.

OVERNIGHT UPDATE: IDF says it expanded the ground operation into Gaza overnight with additional forces joining those already there. (Still not full invasion)The IDF says it struck 450 Hamas targets during the last day.An IDF officer and soldier were injured during fighting in Gaza and have been evacuated to the hospital.Video via IDF of soldiers and armor operating within Gaza.

Palestinian news agencies reporting senior Islamic Jihad member Tayseer al-Ghouti was killed in an Israeli airstrike on his home in Rafah.

PIJ terror organization announces the death of PIJ's senior leader Tayseer Al Qouti. Al Qouti was killed following by IDF airstrike on his house in Rafah.

IDF: A short while ago, a terrorist cell attempted to launch anti-tank missiles from Lebanon toward Israeli territory in the Avivim area. IDF soldiers struck the terrorist cell.
https://twitter.com/JoeTruzman/status/1718619117148934538

Terrorists were eliminated on the beach in Gaza Documentation: tanks and infantry in the Gaza Strip

The White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan is continuing his morning media round, telling CNN that the US believes Israel should take every means possible to distinguish between Palestinian civilians and Hamas militants in its military operation in Gaza.

Sullivan also called on the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, to “rein in” extremist Jewish settler violence against innocent people in the West Bank.

Why are those supplies in storage, and not being handed out, to begin with? I thought the whole point of allowing aid into Gaza was to get it to the people ASAP. Did I miss something?
It makes you wonder. I don't doubt conditions are bad in Gaza so this post it not saying that things are 100% fine, obviously it's a mess right now.

From nearly day 1 we have been hearing how water is cut off, gas it running out, people will start dying from the conditions. Then a week in we are still hearing the same things.. going to run out of xyz. Sense of urgency to get supplies in because there is no water or electricty and fuel to run generators was running out. 2 weeks in again nobody saying there is no water or no fuel, but just more urgency that it's going to run out. Then now 3 weeks in cell and internet is out.. HOW DID THEY HAVE CELL AND INTERNET WITHOUR POWER??? Supplies have been coming in now for about a week, but we now find out they are in a storage place? So is there no water, no food, no fuel?

I think just maybe Israel has an idea of how much supplies there is on the ground there and so what seems like Israel not wanting to let aide in was really knowing that they were not out of supplies and HAMAS would love nothing more than to get their hands on more fuel, food, water, etc. Were these supplies going to go to people that truly need it or is this just now a storage for HAMAS? Is HAMAS preventing the supplies from being distributed to those that need it?

I wish we could get accurate reporting on exactly what conditions are like, who needs food/water, and where this aide is actually going once it's in Gaza. I'd say nobody that is pushing for aide to reach Gaza wants it in the hands of HAMAS so who is in charge of this? If people really need it and desperate so they are having to break in and steal the things that people around the world have been pushing to get into Gaza then who is responsible for THAT?

The White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan is continuing his morning media round, telling CNN that the US believes Israel should take every means possible to distinguish between Palestinian civilians and Hamas militants in its military operation in Gaza.

Sullivan also called on the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, to “rein in” extremist Jewish settler violence against innocent people in the West Bank.

What he said on Oct 2

In a 7,000-word essay for Foreign Affairs magazine published this week, Jake Sullivan, President Biden’s national security adviser, tried to sum up the state of the Middle East.

“Although the Middle East remains beset with perennial challenges,” he wrote in the original version of the essay, “the region is quieter than it has been for decades.”

While noting that challenges remained, including a tense situation between Israelis and Palestinians and the threat from Iran, he wrote that in the face of “serious” frictions, “we have de-escalated crises in Gaza.”

U.S. National Security Advisor: Biden to speak with Netanyahu today, PM needs to rein in settlers

U.S. National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan further stressed there are ingoing negotiations on both the hostages and permitting foreign nationals to leave Gaza via the Rafah crossing.

He also spoke about the US' concerns about rising settler violence in the West Bank.

"Netanyahu has a responsibility to rein in the settlers," he said. "This is an ongoing challenge, we expect over time to see the Israeli government step up on this. We expect accountability for extremist settlers who engage in this kind of violence."

Knesset committee pushing amendment to anti-terror law to designate specific actors as terrorist operatives

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant and Justice Minister Yariv Levin released a joint statement saying the amendment's main purpose of the amendment is "to damage the financing methods of the terrorist operatives in the various organizations, and the Hamas organization in particular, which are mostly based on the exchange of money of terrorist operatives throughout the Middle East."

IDF kills terrorists who exited a tunnel near the Erez crossing inside the Gaza Strip

Israel opens second water pipeline into Gaza since beginning of war

Israel opened a water pipeline on Sunday into the Gaza Strip, the second since the beginning of the war.

The decision was made following Gaza's water crisis and was intended to grant Israel international credit for its continuing military actions in the northern part of the Strip.

Jerusalem is seeking to transfer responsibility of Gaza's water supply to a second country.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-10-29/ty-article-live/netanyahu-asserts-he-was-not-warned-about-possibility-of-war-meets-hostages-families/0000018b-797e-d4a8-a3cf-fdff76a30000

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed as opinion article> ... The State Department can barter and negotiate for these people to be let out, but it is Egypt and Hamas who are controlling that gate right now.
If you think about it, all the foreigners trapped in Gaza are to Hamas just another set of hostages to be used for bargaining chips.

Last edited by a moderator:

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed as opinion article> ... The State Department can barter and negotiate for these people to be let out, but it is Egypt and Hamas who are controlling that gate right now.
If you think about it, all the foreigners trapped in Gaza are to Hamas just another set of hostages to be used for bargaining chips.
Thank you for saying this! I remember it was stated several times for those with US passports to head to the border crossing several days in a row and they were going to open the crossing for those to leave and then it never happened. People were there waiting and it just didn't happen.

If people could just see the BIGGEST issue is HAMAS..

attacking unprovoked innocent civilians
massacring them as they slept, ate breakfast, walked, enjoyed a music festival.. unarmed civilians massacred
stealing fuel from a hospital
building tunnels below schools and hospitals
stashing their weapons under schools and hospitals
telling people to stay in their homes and ignore warnings to move south
not letting foreign citizens out
not release hostages

I'd even say the reason other countries do not want Palestinians to come there is more to do with HAMAS and other terrorists groups that are intertwined there.

People can only do so much when trying to negotiate with a terrorists group that does not want peace, they do not want anything good to come from this that's for sure, they want to eradicate Jews period. Anything they do is going to be with that end goal and that end goal only. Why release Americans from Gaza when they can be used a pawns in their sick game? Oh and then they will blame it all on Israel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apology from Netanyahu:

I was wrong. Things I said following the press conference should not have been said and I apologize for that. I give full backing to all the heads of the security arms. I am strengthening the Chief of Staff and the commanders and soldiers of the IDF who are at the front and fighting for the house. together we will win.

What did Netanyhou say that he is now backtracking on?

People can only do so much when trying to negotiate with a terrorists group that does not want peace, they do not want anything good to come from this that's for sure, they want to eradicate Jews period
One of the chief problems with a two-state “solution” is that the Palestinians do not want two states. They want Israel extinguished. Period.

A thousand deals have been attempted and the PLO and others of their ilk never compromise.

For all those saying Israel has only existed since 1948, I would like to remind again that Jews have lived in Israel for millennia. Remember again that Jesus was a Jewish rabbi 2000 years ago, and that Jews were there long before Jesus came.

Josephus the historian wrote a history of the Jews and he was a near contemporary of Jesus.

Jews derived their name from the ancient area of Judea.

NO ONE in Israel wanted this war. They just want to live peaceably on their land.

What would you do if your family was tortured and slaughtered with no warning? What would you do if your child was kidnapped? Would you shrug and yawn and forget about it?

Israel has given advance notice and warning after warning by all possible means to urge the citizens in Gaza to leave for their safety.

Did Hamas do that?

IMO

Last edited:
I'd even say the reason other countries do not want Palestinians to come there is more to do with HAMAS and other terrorists groups that are intertwined there.
I agree 100%. How would you tell them apart? The world has watched what Hamas did to Israel on 10\7 and they’ve also watched those terrorists being cheered on as they returned to Gaza with the hostages. We also saw some of those people beating and assaulting bodies and/or the injured as they were driven through the streets of Gaza. If you were the gatekeeper, who would you pick to enter your country?
I am also sure that members of Hamas are thrilled to see the demonstrations all over the world in support of Hamas or killing the Jews.
We are headed in a very bad direction, I’m afraid.

Layla Moran, the [UK] Liberal Democrats foreign affairs spokesperson, who has extended family in Gaza, said the UK government and other international allies were “failing” to prevent civilian casualties in the region with its stance on the Israel-Hamas war.

Speaking to BBC’s Sunday With Laura Kuenssberg programme, Moran said:

I heard the secretary of state (Michelle Donelan) now suggest it is Hamas that is stopping them from leaving.

That is not what is happening. I find it deeply offensive to suggest that Hamas is giving my family any kind of marching orders. They have nothing to do with Hamas.

The reason they are there is because it is three generations: one is frail; you’ve got 11-year-old twins. They can’t move. There is bombing in the south – there is bombing on the so-called safe route that they were given to get to the south.

Nowhere in Gaza is safe, and the conversation in Gaza, I’m afraid to say, has changed. No longer are people saying, ‘Where do we go to be safe?’ – the question they are now asking is, ‘Where do we want to be when we die?’.

And this is not hyperbole, this is not just from them but their friends and family who we are in touch with. I cannot overstress the situation.

So when I hear from the government that they want to minimise civilian casualties, I have to say to them that they are failing, the strategy of the UK government, America and what they are effectively sanctioning in the way Israel is responding …

Moran added that Israel had a right to defend itself but said there needed to be a ceasefire and a move towards a political two-state solution.

How would Israel want to jump into the '2 state solution' right after Hamas invaded their homes and massacred thousands of people and their families?

Did Hamas think this massacre was going to make Israel more compliant towards the 2 state scenario?

I am sorry that the people in Gaza feel no place is safe. But that is how everyone in Israel felt on October 7th as well. And when Hamas dragged their hostages into Gaza, I saw many Gaza civilians singing and dancing in response to the violence.

You can't have it both ways. Gaza cannot continue to allow terrorists to hibernate underneath hospitals and schools. Gaza cannot ignore that munition depots and militant extremists are hiding under their schools and temples. It can no longer be ignored.

Hamas went too far. The extreme violence and treachery pushed Israel to the limit. They feel like we felt on September 11th. They are not going to agree to a cease fire because it is too late for that now. It is not about the body count.

Israel is not trying to outdo Hamas in terms of body count. They are going for the tunnels and the munitions and the terrorists holed up down there. That is the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230