Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2023 #Israel #Gaza #BBCNews
Hamas has released a video showing three people held hostage in Gaza.The BBC does not know anything about the conditions under which it was filmed, but the three women appear to be in reasonable health with no obvious signs of injury.You will not see the video itself as prisoners of war and hostages are protected under international humanitarian law, and the BBC does not broadcast material which may have been filmed under duress. Lyse Doucet and Paul Adams explain what can be seen.

Oct 30, 2023 #dailymail #Israel #hamas
'Why do people behave like animals': Shani Louk's mum breaks down as she confirms daughter's death. A German-Israeli woman who was snatched by Hamas from a music festival on Oct. 7 and paraded around Gaza by the Palestinian militant group is dead, the Israeli government said on Monday (October 30). "I am really sorry to report that we have now received news that Shani Nicole Louk has been confirmed murdered and dead," Israeli President Isaac Herzog told Germany's Bild newspaper.Louk, 23, was one of scores of people taken by Hamas during a deadly assault on the Israeli military and civilian communities that killed 1,400 people, mostly civilians.

I absolutely, positively, 1000% believe that this hostage video is akin to so many other hostage videos through the years.

Under duress, meant as propaganda for the captors, maybe some Stockholm Syndrome by now.

I well remember the Vietnam POW who said everything his captors wanted him to say, but blinked his eyes in Morse Code to spell out “torture.”

I remember Patty Hearst aligning with her kidnappers until she was freed.

I am certainly glad they are alive at the moment, but I believe they were kept alive and permitted to speak in another Hamas attempt to sway the world’s opinion.

And as the reporter said, these women would only be receiving information from Hamas, so they don’t really know what is happening.

IMO

''The families of three hostages who appeared in a video released by Hamas have made emotional appeals for their release - saying they are "constantly thinking" about them.

The worried loved ones have taken part in a news conference hours after Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called a Hamas video of the three female captives "cruel psychological propaganda".

Mr Netanyahu identified the three women as Yelena Trupanob, Danielle Aloni and Rimon Kirsht.

The prime minister later told a press conference Israel would not agree to a ceasefire in Gaza, as it would be equivalent to "surrender" to "Hamas and terrorism".

Save The Children says one child killed every 10 minutes

The population of Gaza is one of the youngest in the world

Turning back to the situation in Gaza, Jason Lee from the Palestinian branch of charity Save the Children says one child is now being killed every 10 minutes.

Speaking to the BBC from Jerusalem, he said out of the 20,000 civilians that had been injured, one in three of them was a child.

Communicable diseases are on the rise, Lee said, because of overcrowded conditions and a lack of hygiene practices. He said he feared the spread of influenza.

And he added that trucks delivering aid to Gaza were a "drop in the ocean".

"Surgeons are doing surgeries without anaesthetic, people are using mobile phones as flashlights to have lights in health facilities.

"They’ve run out of medical commodities like bandages and you have 130 premature babies in incubators that are at risk of turning off," he said.

Has there been any attempt to evacuate the hospital? I don't understand why so many are sheltering there if Israel has repeatedly asked for them to evacuate. I understand doctors/nurses and patients that will be more difficult to move, but why are there 1000s of people still there if they are not sick and in patient getting treatment? Why are these aide organizations not evacuating this hospital. This is going to be messy I'm afraid.. much more messy than if they just began evacuating like they were asked to do 3 weeks ago. They could have brought in an ambulance designed to transport critical patients and even if one by one, in 3 weeks time they could have moved them. Heck at this point ANY building that isn't that one would be better than staying put.

Edited to add: I mean why aren't they working a solution to this? Why has it just been Israel says move and they all say no, we can't. Where is the discussion on how to make this happen? Perhaps military helping to relocate these critical patients down south where the supplies will be easier to get and where they can possibly set up a buffer from HAMAS and Israel targeting HAMAS up north?

Last edited:
Has there been any attempt to evacuate the hospital? I don't understand why so many are sheltering there if Israel has repeatedly asked for them to evacuate. I understand doctors/nurses and patients that will be more difficult to move, but why are there 1000s of people still there if they are not sick and in patient getting treatment? Why are these aide organizations now evacuating this hospital. This is going to be messy I'm afraid.. much more messy than if they just began evacuating like they were asked to do 3 weeks ago. They could have brought in an ambulance designed to transport critical patients and even if one by one, in 3 weeks time they could have moved them. Heck at this point ANY building that isn't that one would be better than staying put.
It appears that Hamas is not allowing people to flee and I would not be surprised if they were actually congregating people around the hospitals etc. Captured Hamas militants have indicated Hamas puts its command centers and weapons stores in the tunnels near or under the hospitals, schools, etc.

Has there been any attempt to evacuate the hospital? I don't understand why so many are sheltering there if Israel has repeatedly asked for them to evacuate. I understand doctors/nurses and patients that will be more difficult to move, but why are there 1000s of people still there if they are not sick and in patient getting treatment? Why are these aide organizations now evacuating this hospital. This is going to be messy I'm afraid.. much more messy than if they just began evacuating like they were asked to do 3 weeks ago. They could have brought in an ambulance designed to transport critical patients and even if one by one, in 3 weeks time they could have moved them. Heck at this point ANY building that isn't that one would be better than staying put.
They only notify them like the day before to evacuate the hospital. Additionally, they're now bombing numerous hospitals, so where do they go? (Qud, Shifa, Turkish and Indonesian Hospitals have been bombed) Evacuating hospitals is not easy! During a tornado, everyone had to be moved away from the windows. I've been on one transport. It was a lot of work. He was vent dependent. Vent patients must be bagged during transport.

As for the people who are hanging around, I can't speak for them.

They only notify them like the day before to evacuate the hospital. Additionally, they're now bombing numerous hospitals, so where do they go? (Qud, Shifa, Turkish and Indonesian Hospitals have been bombed) Evacuating hospitals is not easy!

I feel like the specific hospital we've been hearing about (looked it up and it's Shifa Hospital) has been warned for 3 weeks? I understand it isn't ideal, it just feels like this is going to happen and US forces can do surgery on the battlefield practically so why can't something be set up outside of these "hospitals" that are really just HAMAS hiding spots. If these organizations involved worked together to sort it out, I think they could come up with something instead it just seems like nothing is happening at all. I worry Israel is going to get to a critical point where they are just going to bomb it. Perhaps the ground troops are working their way closer and they will try to evacuate it first? I just think all this wealth we have in the world and they can't figure out a way to evacuate a hospital to get these patients out of HAMAS's headquarters? I wouldn't feel safe there even if Israel wasn't going to bomb it.

I feel like the specific hospital we've been hearing about has been warned for 3 weeks? I understand it isn't ideal, it just feels like this is going to happen and US forces can do surgery on the battlefield practically so why can't something be set up outside of these "hospitals" that are really just HAMAS hiding spots. If these organizations involved worked together to sort it out, I think they could come up with something instead it just seems like nothing is happening at all. I worry Israel is going to get to a critical point where they are just going to bomb it. Perhaps the ground troops are working their way closer and they will try to evacuate it first? I just think all this wealth we have in the world and they can't figure out a way to evacuate a hospital to get these patients out of HAMAS's headquarters? I wouldn't feel safe there even if Israel wasn't going to bomb it.
Just heard about a warning to Qud on Fri/Sat...They had no phone/internet Friday and Saturday. They were bombed on Sunday.

Didn't hear about warnings to Turkish and Indonesian. Heard about Shifa late last week. I don't think it's been bombed yet. They told all of Gaza City to evacuate.

Keep in mind Gaza is extremely crowded. There is no space for a field hospital! They would need to leave Gaza. They can't leave.

Has there been any attempt to evacuate the hospital? I don't understand why so many are sheltering there if Israel has repeatedly asked for them to evacuate. I understand doctors/nurses and patients that will be more difficult to move, but why are there 1000s of people still there if they are not sick and in patient getting treatment? Why are these aide organizations not evacuating this hospital. This is going to be messy I'm afraid.. much more messy than if they just began evacuating like they were asked to do 3 weeks ago. They could have brought in an ambulance designed to transport critical patients and even if one by one, in 3 weeks time they could have moved them. Heck at this point ANY building that isn't that one would be better than staying put.

Edited to add: I mean why aren't they working a solution to this? Why has it just been Israel says move and they all say no, we can't. Where is the discussion on how to make this happen? Perhaps military helping to relocate these critical patients down south where the supplies will be easier to get and where they can possibly set up a buffer from HAMAS and Israel targeting HAMAS up north?
I've been wondering the same. Hospitals have been evacuated in many castrophic events. I've been involved with one or two.

The ventilators can be operated for a couple of hours on a heavy duty car battery and not near the size from years ago. Also, have transported ventilator dependent patients with just ambu bag, suctioned trac patients with a 60cc syringe, in an emergency.

Nah, Red Crescent is protecting Hamas, moo.

Last edited:
I've been wondering the same. Hospitals have been evacuated in many castrophic events. I've been involved with one or two.

The ventilators can be operated for a couple of hours on a heavy duty car battery and not near the size from years ago. Also, have transported ventilator dependent patients with just ambu bag, suctioned trac patients with a 60cc syringe, in an emergency.

Nah, Red Crescent is protecting Hamas, moo.
They didn't evacuate during Katrina.

Where do they go? They can't go to Israel. They have to find another hospital in Gaza, but are they being told where any are safe?

They didn't evacuate during Katrina.

Where do they go? They can't go to Israel. They have to find another hospital in Gaza, but are they being told where any are safe?
I just want to know if anyone is even asking or are they just refusing? Who is communicating with whom? Is HAMAS behind this refusal? My point was there ARE ways to move people and it just seems the response is not only NO, but NO and we have 1000s of civilians here too. That seems like a HAMAS tactic to prevent Israel from doing what it needs to do. Then Israel is blamed if they harm innocent civilians. Not sure what else they can do. Perhaps other discussions have happened and the news just isn't reporting on it or privy to it?

I just want to know if anyone is even asking or are they just refusing? Who is communicating with whom? Is HAMAS behind this refusal? My point was there ARE ways to move people and it just seems the response is not only NO, but NO and we have 1000s of civilians here too. That seems like a HAMAS tactic to prevent Israel from doing what it needs to do. Then Israel is blamed if they harm innocent civilians. Not sure what else they can do. Perhaps other discussions have happened and the news just isn't reporting on it or privy to it?
Several weeks ago, they told all 21 hospitals in Gaza City to evacuate to South Gaza. 21 is a lot of hospitals. Are there 21 in South Gaza? I don't know. Then, they started bombing South Gaza.
The hospital at Khan Younis at South Gaza is still functioning. Still South Gaza has been bombed.

Khan Younis is short of supplies too.

Last edited:
Just heard about a warning to Qud on Fri/Sat...They had no phone/internet Friday and Saturday. They were bombed on Sunday.

Didn't hear about warnings to Turkish and Indonesian. Heard about Shifa late last week. I don't think it's been bombed yet. They told all of Gaza City to evacuate.

Keep in mind Gaza is extremely crowded. There is no space for a field hospital! They would need to leave Gaza. They can't leave.
They dropped flyers from the air and warned in several languages. They have been warned, ask to leave for weeks, nope they chose to stay. Maybe the Hamas soldiers are sheltering their wives and children, at the hospitals.

Now the road will be closed off and all trapped.
Moo

They only notify them like the day before to evacuate the hospital. Additionally, they're now bombing numerous hospitals, so where do they go? (Qud, Shifa, Turkish and Indonesian Hospitals have been bombed) Evacuating hospitals is not easy! During a tornado, everyone had to be moved away from the windows. I've been on one transport. It was a lot of work. He was vent dependent. Vent patients must be bagged during transport.

In the US even the smallest hospital have portable vents. All US transports have many electric receptacles. All "home ventilators" have a factory source to plug into car batteries. That's how we keep all these home vent patients alive during power outages. Moo
Babies....I'm betting most are on nasal CPAP, only servely ill infants are traced and on vents now days.
All moo...

In the US even the smallest hospital have portable vents. All US transports have many electric receptacles. All "home ventilators" have a factory source to plug into car batteries. That's how we keep all these home vent patients alive during power outages. Moo
Babies....I'm betting most are on nasal CPAP, only servely ill infants are traced and on vents now days.
All moo...
The kid I transported didn't have a portable vent. This was 30 years ago. Don't know what they have in Gaza. Showed up to a home health shift and was told, "We're moving today".

(He was paralyzed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member