Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo..not all people in Gaza own transportation or have funds to leave. I thought Israel had blocked the roads and were shooting cars? ...moo
The entire length of the strip can be driven in less than 2 hours, under normal conditions. From Gaza City to the safe zones is less than an hour and Google says it can be walked in less than 6 hours.

Red Crescent has trucks, vehicles, etc
They have over 13,000 employees. Surely they could have lead people to the safe zone.
Moo

The entire length of the strip can be driven in less than 2 hours, under normal conditions. From Gaza City to the safe zones is less than an hour and Google says it can be walked in less than 6 hours.

Red Crescent has trucks, vehicles, etc
They have over 13,000 employees. Surely they could have lead people to the safe zone.
Moo
But there aren't any safe zones. This hospital is in the safe zone. It's right at the Egypt border.

I'm just saying as a mother and grandmother, I would gather my family and walk to a safe zone. Bombs, gun fire and all, it beats being a sitting duck, waiting for the big one or starving to death.

I keep thinking about a book from the 90's, Who Moved the Cheese. Two rats, living in tunnels, when the food dries up. One rat is afraid to be venture out, while the other seeks food to survive. Well, you can guess how it ends.

I can't understand why, oh why the Red Cross/Crescent didn't focus on moving these folks, especially the women and children. What in the heck are thinking?

Moo

I'm just saying as a mother and grandmother, I would gather my family and walk to a safe zone. Bombs, gun fire and all, it beats being a sitting duck, waiting for the big one or starving to death.

I keep thinking about a book from the 90's, Who Moved the Cheese. Two rats, living in tunnels, when the food dries up. One rat is afraid to be venture out, while the other seeks food to survive. Well, you can guess how it ends.

I can't understand why, oh why the Red Cross/Crescent didn't focus on moving these folks, especially the women and children. What in the heck are thinking?

Moo
But could you walk to Israel? There are no safe zones on Gaza! It isn't like here, where we can just get up and leave and go to another town. And if you are walking in bombs, gun fire and all, you aren't walking in a safe zone!

Moo
OMG I read that book too. It was handed out at work.

But there aren't any safe zones. This hospital is in the safe zone. It's right at the Egypt border.

Hospital really isn't a safe zone. Hamas most likely has their headquarters located right under it. JMO

The hospital has been declared a battlefield. Everyone, even the citizens know Hamas is operating under the hospital. IDF has repeatedly informed the public. I would bet the bank, Red Crescent knows this. What an injustice this organization has done to the citizens.

Israel has made no secret they are going to take out Hamas, their tanks are sitting at the front door of Gaza City. Even the Geneva Convention addresses when hospitals and schools can be involved in combat.

The doctors and the Red Crescent can say and think what they will, but they know deep down Israel is going to take out the tunnels under the hospital.

Yes, there will be massive loss of live, the UN will condemn Israel but that won"t bring back all the lives lost.

All moo...war is such an ugly thing

Last edited:

But could you walk to Israel? There are no safe zones on Gaza! It isn't like here, where we can just get up and leave and go to another town. And if you are walking in bombs, gun fire and all, you aren't walking in a safe zone!

Exactly— and when Gazans try to flee— Israel has changed its bombing targets to include “safe”zones.

“Despite ordering Palestinians to head south of the Wadi Gaza for their own safety, Israel has continued strikes against what it says are Hamas targets in southern Gaza.”

It’s really not the cake walk some seem to think.

Journalists 'explicitly targetted' in strike near Israeli border - report

Video analysis and witness testimonies from the scene of strikes that killed one journalist and injured six others in south Lebanon this month has found they were “explicitly targeted,” Reporters Without Borders said in a statement Sunday.

Reuters journalist Issam Abdallah was killed near the village of Alma al-Shaab while covering skirmishes between Israeli troops and members of Lebanon’s militant Hezbollah group.

“Two strikes in the same place in such a short space of time ... from the same direction, clearly indicate precise targeting,” the statement said.

Analysis noted the journalists had been filming on a hillside for more than an hour until the strikes hit about 37 to 38 seconds apart, both coming from the direction of Israel.

The first killed Abdallah; the second hit a vehicle belonging to an Al Jazeera team, injuring journalists standing next to it, the statement said. It noted that the journalists were wearing helmets and vests marked “press,” and the car was marked “press” on the roof.

It added that witnesses reported seeing an Israeli helicopter fly over the scene shortly before the strikes. The report did not specifically say Israel was responsible for the fire, saying the investigation was ongoing.

The Israeli military did not immediately respond Sunday to a request for comment on the analysis.

Military spokesperson Lt. Col. Richard Hecht previously said Israel was “looking into” the episode. He did not confirm whether the journalists had been hit by Israeli shelling.

RSF initial report: Reuters journalist was killed in Lebanon in 'targeted' strike​

PARIS, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Reuters visuals journalist Issam Abdallah was killed on Oct. 13 in southern Lebanon by a "targeted" strike from the direction of the Israeli border, Reporters Without Borders (RSF) said on Sunday, based on preliminary findings of its investigation.

"According to the ballistic analysis carried out by RSF, the shots came from the east of where the journalists were standing; from the direction of the Israeli border," RSF said.

"Two strikes in the same place in such a short space of time (just over 30 seconds), from the same direction, clearly indicate precise targeting."

The RSF report did not conclude who had launched the strike against the journalists or provide its underlying analysis.

The Israel Defense Forces did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the RSF's findings. It has said it does not deliberately target journalists and that it is investigating the Oct. 13 incident.

In a statement, Reuters said: "We are reviewing the preliminary conclusion reached by Reporters Without Borders (RSF), which found that Issam Abdallah and other journalists in Alma el-Chaab appear to have been deliberately fired upon from the direction of Israel on 13 October.

"We reiterate our call to the Israeli authorities to conduct a swift, thorough and transparent probe into what happened. And we call upon all other authorities with information about the incident to provide it. We will continue to fight for the rights of all journalists to report the news in the public interest free of harassment or harm, wherever they are."

Back in May 2021, way before this current event, Israeli forces bombed the Gazan offices of Associated Press and Al Jazeera. Seems to be a deliberate move.

b.jpg Link

They've been told for weeks to leave Gaza City.

Nope, they lost the right/privilege to cross the border into Israel on Oct 7th. When Hamas breached the border, killed, raped, and tortured Israel citizens.

The southern coast has been set up as a safe zone, in as much, as possible during war.

MOO

Exactly— and when Gazans try to flee— Israel has changed its bombing targets to include “safe”zones.

“Despite ordering Palestinians to head south of the Wadi Gaza for their own safety, Israel has continued strikes against what it says are Hamas targets in southern Gaza.”

It’s really not the cake walk some seem to think.
Good map thanks.

If you notice the bombing are on the eastern side of Khan Younis, the safe zone is on the western coastal side.

Gaza is a very small long narrow strip. From the Israel border to Gaza City is 2 miles. There is not going to be a huge safe zone on such a small strip of land.
Moo

Just curious-- is the hospital director who said weeks ago they were running low on fuel, the same one who's stated he no longer answers the phone when Israelis call to order evacuation?
Great question. If HAMAS has ties into these hospitals, then perhaps that is part of the problem. They operate under and in them, but do they have a say in the operations? Do they call the shots? Is their money going into these hospitals and are they now dependent on fuel from HAMAS? This is just disturbing to me.

I can't imagine a US Army putting itself under a safe place in order to shield themselves with the blood of innocent civilians. If something was a target, the US would do all it could to remove the innocent people from the path, not put them further into harms way to save themselves.

Moo
This was my point and maybe I didn't say it well before. I don't know why those that can help haven't moved people. IS it HAMAS preventing it? Is it just people standing their ground and refusing to move? Israel has made it's objective clear.. they are going to root out HAMAS.. if they are under your hospital, it's a target. The people in that hospital KNOW if HAMAS is operating there or not. Aide has been coming in... if transport trucks are what is needed then why not request that instead of just refusing to move? The aide is coming in down south so it seems to me that going south is where people can get the help quickest.

The tricky part would be HAMAS moving in and among those moving south. It just feels like something could have been done and now it's to the point that I don't know if it can or not.

Where did you hear that?
Yep, I saw that vehicle get blown up. A vehicle nearby had a dashcam and immediately took off. However, it was a tank and it happened today. Make a U-turn and you get shot!

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1719112855859933395?s=20

Under Pressure from the United States and Egypt, the Israeli Government has reportedly Agreed last night during a Meeting of War Cabinet to Significantly Increase the amount of Humanitarian Aid coming into Gaza over the next few days, with at least 70 Trucks expected to be crossing into the Southern Gaza Strip from Egypt daily by this weekend and over 100 in the weeks ahead.

They've been told for weeks to leave Gaza City.

Nope, they lost the right/privilege to cross the border into Israel on Oct 7th. When Hamas breached the border, killed, raped, and tortured Israel citizens.

The southern coast has been set up as a safe zone, in as much, as possible during war.

MOO
Actually, they were not allowed to cross the border before October 7th. If you lock up 2.2 million people with Hamas, what do you expect? Only a few people were allowed to cross. They had 15,000 crossings per month. Most of them guest workers. Everyone else was stuck on Gaza.

Everyone makes it sound so easy to "get rid of Hamas", but is it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members