Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel Gaza live updates: Families search for missing as Israel attack toll reaches 600 - BBC News
Posted at 11:3211:32

Crisis talks at the UN​

Here at the United Nations headquarters in New York, the UN Security Council is about to hold a closed-doors meeting about the Israel-Gaza crisis.

Israel’s ambassador to the UN, Gilad Erdan, spoke to reporters beforehand. He said this unprecedented attack by Hamas was Israel’s 9/11. He held up photos and videos showing bodies strewn on the street and hostages being dragged into vehicles and taken to Gaza.

He said one photo showed a grandmother, who was a Holocaust survivor, in captivity and being forced to hold a rifle.

Erdan said the images would forever be seared in his brain and he demanded that the UN Security Council unequivocally condemn Hamas.

We are also expecting to soon hear from the Palestinian Ambassador to the UN, Riyad Mansour, and will bring you what he says.

Isn't the UN meeting today? Has anyone heard anything?
Yes, the UN Security Council is meeting this afternoon. 3 p.m. Eastern Time

As an artist, I am involved with and connected to a network of worldwide artists. We communicate, share our works, discuss ideas, exhibit together in shows etc. Among my artist friends are Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, atheists…from Russia, Ukraine, Syria, China, Israel, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, the east, the middle east, the west, Asia, the Americas etc. We speak the same language. We are all the same, regardless of political leanings, religious differences and so on. We respect each other and we have similar sensibilities, life needs and aspirations.

If only….

Makes me so profoundly sad.

The door to door searches for Hamas terrorists will be very dangerous for both the military, the hostages, and civilians who live in the Gaza strip. The terrorists set it up this way, they took civilian Israelis as human shields. Tragically, there will be casualties of civilians, likely including some Israeli hostages. The Hamas terrorists are to blame, they set it up this way, purposefully. Their goal is to turn public opinion against Israel as civilian deaths occur during this stage of Israel's war against terrorism.

The IDF is well-trained, and I know Israel will do everything it can to minimize casualties of civilians as it eliminates terrorist cells in the Gaza strip.

War is ugly- an attack is one thing, but please tell me what kind of sick monstrosity of a sub-human takes a naked woman and marches her down the street while celebrating- or shooting elderly people at a bus stop: that is beyond a war like action- who kidnaps little children and the disabled or elderly and takes them as hostages. Sorry, but Hamas - those are the actions of cowards, sub-humans- sociopaths. I hope Israel makes them pay for this in a very big way.

Shani's mother saw her in a Hamas video, naked and unconscious: 'Please help me'​

In a video released by the terrorists, Shani Luke, 23, a German citizen, is seen being brutally dragged into a van; 'I was able to definitely identify our daughter, unconscious,' her mother said, 'I'm asking for help with any information'​

In a video released by Shani's mother, she confirmed that she had seen her daughter in the video and asked the public for help in obtaining more information. "My daughter, Shani Nicole Luke, a German citizen, was kidnapped along with a group of tourists from Israel by the Palestinian Hamas," said the mother.

"They sent us a video where I was able to definitely recognize our daughter, unconscious, while the Palestinians were driving her to Gaza," the mother added. "I'm asking for any help with any new piece of information; if you have any, please send it to us."

Watching this unfold while our family is celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving (weekend) has just been unthinkably horrifying.
There really is only one word to describe the kind of folks that can celebrate the brutal deaths of innocent women and children. That word is "demonic". These people are genuine savages.

Someone on X commented yesterday about retaliation being brutal, to the point of going full Old Testament on these folks. I almost never advocate such a thing but in this case, it's the only logical, judicious response.

jmo
That is a good word to describe these cowards: savages

Yes, the UN Security Council is meeting this afternoon. 3 p.m. Eastern Time

Live stream, Palestinian leader speaking as I type this:

War is ugly- an attack is one thing, but please tell me what kind of sick monstrosity of a sub-human takes a naked woman and marches her down the street while celebrating- or shooting elderly people at a bus stop: that is beyond a war like action- who kidnaps little children and the disabled or elderly and takes them as hostages. Sorry, but Hamas - those are the actions of cowards, sub-humans- sociopaths. I hope Israel makes them pay for this in a very big way.
Then we see the Israeli side saying to Gaza.. we are going to bomb you, get to safety. I realize both sides likely do things that we would all be horrified by and I'm sure they don't always play by the rules, but the fact that one side in this committed a sneak attack on innocent civilians (if what we've seen is true that they went door to door taking women and children or killing civilians in the houses including women, children and elderly) and began taking civilian hostages and blowing things up without warning or care of who would be hit. This isn't collateral damage, this is intentional and barbaric.

I think it's the same thinking that showed up on US soil to use commercial airlines to harm innocent civilians.. they even knew they'd die. They don't care and I don't know how someone gets to THAT place, but I think it's the same thinking here because they don't care. Maybe they just quit seeing others as people.

8min ago

Islamic Jihad leader claims terror group is holding over 30 Israeli hostages

Palestinian Islamic Jihad leader Ziyad Nakhaleh releases a statement claiming that the group is holding more than 30 of the Israeli hostages currently in Gaza.

“The soldiers and settlers that we are holding as prisoners of war in Gaza are in the dozens and more. In fact, I can say that they far exceed this number. Islamic Jihad has more than 30 enemy prisoners so far,” he says.

The terror chief hails the ongoing conflict with Gaza as “days of pride and glory,” and praises the “image of unity between resistance forces” that has emerged from yesterday’s assault on Israel, adding that their jihad does not distinguish between Gaza, Jerusalem, and Jenin.

He stresses the humiliation suffered by Israel, claiming that from the first hours of the onslaught, Israel “called for help from its ally, America.”

“The battles that took place in the settlements [Israeli towns], the raids on the army bases, the capture of soldiers, and their leaving weapons behind are clear evidence that the [Israeli] army is weaker than many in the world believe,” Nakhaleh continues.

“The enemy government must surrender to this truth. The easiest way to avoid losing more prisoners is to acknowledge defeat,” Nakhaleh says. He then vows that the Islamic Jihad will continue to fight, and thanks to its will and sacrifices it will “change the equation.”

Many more Israelis are believed to be held by Hamas in Gaza, upward of 100.

6min ago

IDF strikes two high-rise towers in Gaza containing Hamas assets

The Israel Defense Forces says it struck two high-rise towers in the Gaza Strip containing Hamas assets.

One of the buildings, the Hamas-owned National Islamic Bank, was struck by Israeli fighter jets, the IDF says.

The IDF says it also demolished a war room used by a senior Hamas member, Muntasir Frej.

Strikes are continuing in the Gaza Strip at this hour, the IDF adds.

Thank you to all of the posters who have taken great amounts of their time posting articles. I come to Websleuths for info that I could not normally get on my own.
And thank you for enduring watching the horrific videos.

Last edited:

London braced for hate crime rise - Sadiq Khan​

Staying in the UK for a moment - London mayor Sadiq Khan has told the BBC that extra police patrols are being carried out to reassure Jewish Londoners.

It comes after social media videos circulated of people in the centre of the capital appearing to celebrate Hamas's attack on Israel.

Khan said: "What we know from the past is that when there's an increase in violence, or a disturbance, or tension in the Middle East, it can lead to increased hate crime in London."

He reiterated that Hamas was a proscribed organisation under UK law and that it is "against the law to show support" for it.

9:56 pm

ZAKA says more than 250 bodies collected from site of music festival attacked by Hamas

Hundreds flee gunmen at a music festival near Kibbutz Re'im, October 7, 2023. (Used in accordance with Clause 27a of the Copyright Law)
Hundreds flee gunmen at a music festival near Kibbutz Re'im, October 7, 2023. (Used in accordance with Clause 27a of the Copyright Law)

A spokesperson for ZAKA, a volunteer group that handles human remains after terror attacks and other disasters, tells Hebrew media outlets that it has so far collected more than 250 bodies from the site of a music festival in the south, which was attacked by Hamas terrorists.

Many parents of youth who were attending the rave near Kibbutz Re’im have been desperately searching for news of their missing children since yesterday.

Death toll rises to more than 1,000 after surprise Hamas attack on Israel​

Benjamin Netanyahu warns of ‘long and difficult war’ as security cabinet signs off on wide-ranging authorisation for military action

The Israeli death toll after the surprise attack by the militant group Hamas on communities in the country’s south has risen to at least 600, including 44 soldiers, as the prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, said Israel was embarking on a “long and difficult war”.

In Gaza, which was pummelled by Israeli airstrikes, officials reported at least 413 deaths.

[…]

With thousands of Israelis and Palestinians wounded since Saturday morning, Israel said more than 100 Israeli citizens, including women and children, were believed to have been abducted at gunpoint by Hamas to Gaza.

Many of the Israeli victims were civilians who were murdered in their homes, on the streets of their communities and at other locations along a broad swathe of territory bordering Gaza, leading the US secretary of state, Antony Blinken, to describe the Hamas assault as an “indiscriminate terrorist attack”.

[…]

The growing list of the dead represented every corner of Israeli society including a commando general, a former Israeli international football player, partygoers and families, including women and children.

[…]

Hamas and Israel have already fought four wars since the group took over the strip in 2007.

[…]

Shani's mother saw her in a Hamas video, naked and unconscious: 'Please help me'​

In a video released by the terrorists, Shani Luke, 23, a German citizen, is seen being brutally dragged into a van; 'I was able to definitely identify our daughter, unconscious,' her mother said, 'I'm asking for help with any information'​

In a video released by Shani's mother, she confirmed that she had seen her daughter in the video and asked the public for help in obtaining more information. "My daughter, Shani Nicole Luke, a German citizen, was kidnapped along with a group of tourists from Israel by the Palestinian Hamas," said the mother.

"They sent us a video where I was able to definitely recognize our daughter, unconscious, while the Palestinians were driving her to Gaza," the mother added. "I'm asking for any help with any new piece of information; if you have any, please send it to us."

I can't even begin to imagine the horror & anguish Shani's mother (and family) experienced when seeing the video of her daughter. It breaks my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member