GUILTY Italy - Ashley Olsen, 35, American, strangled in Florence, 9 Jan 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this case just entered the Bizarro world. Either the police department has an employee that leaks like a faucet, or the news media is simply making this stuff up as they go along, trying to out-do one another. This story seems to get more sensational with every new article that gets published...........meanwhile, the investigation continues, as do the forensic teams.

Still confused??? Are thinks getting skewed in translation? I have read/heard there was broken glass, smashed chair. Other reports I have read/heard state no sign of a struggle. Not that I have any idea of that kind of sexual play if there was items smashed why would that be part of it? For me if the apt. was trashed I would think violence. This is just not adding up. Why did the Landlady or anyone not hear anything????

I am still stuck on the Italian police reporting she died in a consensual sex game prior to death. Please tell me I misread this. Unbelievable investigative work!

edit: Or....unbelievable reporting?

And I have now read that she was found on her bed, on her couch and next to her couch on the floor. And her dog Scout was found outside the apartment and inside the apartment. And she was strangled with bare hands, a cord and perhaps a belt. This all depends on which article you read and who has reported these *facts* to the journalist. This is turning into commedia dell'arte before our very eyes.

Coquette: as to where the body was found a partial explanation might be where the boyfriend and landlady found the body vs where the police found the body (the boyfriend may have moved her in an attempt to revive her).

As to Scout I have only read about him being found inside, where he pooped and urinated on the floor. I expect that Scout's barking from inside the apartment was a reason he asked the landlady to open the door--if he hadn't heard it the normal assumption would be that she and Scout were out for a walk.

I am worried that the lead investigator's hatred and scorn towards his last high profile American suspect, might rub off on this case. He seems to be making some lurid assumptions about this victim, imo.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/13/europe/italy-american-woman-ashley-olsen-dead/

CNN reports Police know identity of suspect.

(CNN)Police know the identity of a suspect in the death of Ashley Olsen, a 35-year-old American artist living in Florence, Italy, a prosecutor and lead investigator in the case told media Wednesday.

Investigators were able to identify the suspect in the image, taken from closed-circuit surveillance footage, investigator Domenico Giacinto Profazio said during an impromptu news conference. Prosecutor Giuseppe Creazzo told journalists the same thing Wednesday.

[h=1]Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder[/h]Police arrested a man as part of the investigation into the death of Ashley Olsen, the 35 year-old American killed in her home in Italy, reports Italian media. CBS News has not independently confirmed the report by the ANSA news agency.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-person-arrested-in-connection-with-ashley-olsens-murder/

I hope they have DNA evidence or this case will be tainted in my eyes. JMO

They just announced the arrest on CNN World Headlines, but did not name the suspect. But they did add the tidbitt about cops believing she was taking part in a sex game...

Police in Italy have reportedly arrested a suspect in connection with the murder of Ashley Olsen, an American expatriate who was found strangled to death in her apartment in Florence. The suspect is a 25-year-old Senegalese drug dealer who is known to police in the Tuscan city, according to Italian media reports. It is thought that Miss Olsen, 35, who had lived in Florence for three years, met him outside a nightclub in the small hours of Friday morning and then walked with him to her flat...

Miss Olsen's body was discovered by her Italian boyfriend, Federico Fiorentini, a 43-year-old artist, who has been ruled out as a suspect after producing a cast-iron alibi. At the time of the murder he was reportedly driving from Florence to the Tuscan coast, heading to the island of Elba on a work project.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ver-murder-of-American-woman-in-Florence.html

Forgot to mention they also found his DNA under her fingernails.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77
Back