Jahi’s family wants her declared 'alive again’

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the input. I could see it acceptable for someone lucid and in favor of the choice. To me, it seems like starvation would be cruel, but I suppose if someone has already lost their appetite due to illness I could understand it being peaceful.
When diet is removed from a terminal patient, they are doped up so much on the opiates, they really have no idea or clue that they aren't getting any food.

Ever have surgery or a procedure with general anesthesia (they put you to sleep)? Do you remember any of it? Of course not. Pretty much the same thing, and it definitely is if the person is unconscious/vegetative. Don't feel any pain, no discomfort, nothing. (Lethal injection executions, coincidentally, are the same way, too. *when done right*...but this is for a whole other topic or debate.)

bbm : Wow! How did they manage to move her the first time: from CA to NJ?
IBRF, with the help of Dr. Fellus' medical credentials in NJ, got the body on a plane with a company that specializes in air transport of patients cross-country.

(Lethal injection executions, coincidentally, are the same way, too. *when done right*...but this is for a whole other topic or debate.)

Wrong thread, I know, but it amazes me how many people go on and on about the cruelty of lethal injection and how it took someone a long time to die and they must have been in agony. And then the mix is opiates & sedatives - that would be the ideal way to die - it may have taken a while, but I doubt it was agonizing. Pretty much any other way would be crueler. Not taking any sort of stance about the death penalty, but that particular argument baffles me. Some people know absolutely nothing about medicine/drugs etc.

I paraphrased this from the funding site that was updated 2 weeks ago.

"Her organs are fully functional and her skin is flawless.

All of her joints are nice and loose. She is just like a real sleeping beauty.

She continues to be more responsive to my voice and becomes more responsive all the time.

If you ask her at the right time she lets you know that she knows left and right, a leg, an arm, a thumb, an index finger, etc.

She follows the commands but it seems to tire her out so we try not over-exert her. But I get so excited that it is hard to contain myself.

It is incredible how something so simple as a wiggling finger can mean so much!!! But I love my daughter very much and I have witnessed her progress since December of last year.There is definitely an improvement.

Jahi had an MRI done recently and it does show damage but it also shows brain structure and blood flow. She also had a lot of other tests done which confirmed what I already knew. JAHI CAN HEAR ME!!! Her EEG shows brain waves which I was told she didn't have when she was in California.

I have seen with my own eyes that my daughter had a brain with structure.I was told previously that it would be liquefied or have holes in it because it had been without blood flow and oxygen for 9 months.

But that is not the case with Jahi. Every person heals differently. Jahi has also started puberty!! She started her menstruating a few months ago and it occurs monthly and last 3-5 days like any normal female. If you think about it, consider the fact that Jahi now is capable of giving life. How can something dead give life?

Thank you all for your donations, kind words of encouragement and PRAYERS. Please keep praying for Jahi that is the most important thing you could ever give her.

I believe more than anything it is the positive thoughts and faithful prayers that have been keeping her going. We will pray for you all as well thank you."

I know this is now new, but the portion I bolded terrifies me. The fact that the mother is even thinking about her child being pregnant. What might she do to try to prove her point that Jahi is "alive"? Scary.

That would be a criminal offense...as well as the other offenses happening to Jahi.

IBRF, with the help of Dr. Fellus' medical credentials in NJ, got the body on a plane with a company that specializes in air transport of patients cross-country.

Oh, the rules & regulations regarding embalming are MANY, as varied as the jurisdictions within & without the States! One "biggie" is that the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) REQUIRES that funeral homes' staff & directors provide the information that embalming is NOT universally required except in special cases.
SO, how did Jahi get to NJ?....she was NOT transported via a commercial carrier (California is one of a few States requiring it before transport on a commercial carrier)
HOWEVER................embalming IS required prior to "leaving N.J." (LOL, for some reason that sounds funny as written!) and crossing over State lines! (Alabama & Alaska also have this requirement)
NOW.................given that Jahi has become a high visibility figure, just driving her back to Cali in a personal vehicle would be very, very difficult on SO many levels.

Just for those interested, here's the California guidelines:California Health and Safety Code 7355:

"(a) Except as provided in subdivision (b), the bodies of persons who have died from any cause shall not be received for transportation by a common carrier unless the body has been embalmed and prepared by a licensed embalmer and placed in a sound casket and enclosed in a transportation case.
(b) A dead body, which cannot be embalmed or is in a state of decomposition, shall be received for transportation by a common carrier if the body is placed in an airtight metal casket enclosed in a strong transportation case or in a sound casket enclosed in an airtight metal or metal-lined transportation case."

THUS.....the need to revoke the California death certificate as the New Jersey declaration of brain dead is a religiously related denial protection and a "non-deceased" Jahi could be transported WITHOUT embalming to Ca for "treatment" _____>>>>>>>>Just my opinion based on interpretation

PS: the loss of licensure did cause a serious situation @ St. Pete's.......there was no longer an attending physician to run the case.

PS: the loss of licensure did cause a serious situation @ St. Pete's.......there was no longer an attending physician to run the case.
Yep :) That was obvious from the minute Dolan came out and said she was getting so much better, she was going to be discharged from the hospital soon.

Uh, no. Fellus' lost his license, got fired, and lost his hospital credentials. No other licensed, credentialed Dr would take over attending (who in their right mind would?), so they were given an ultimatum to move out of the hospital. Nailah was practically living in the hospital room with the body...I wouldn't doubt if Marv was, too.

Oh, the rules & regulations regarding embalming are MANY, as varied as the jurisdictions within & without the States! One "biggie" is that the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) REQUIRES that funeral homes' staff & directors provide the information that embalming is NOT universally required except in special cases.
SO, how did Jahi get to NJ?....she was NOT transported via a commercial carrier (California is one of a few States requiring it before transport on a commercial carrier)
HOWEVER................embalming IS required prior to "leaving N.J." (LOL, for some reason that sounds funny as written!) and crossing over State lines! (Alabama & Alaska also have this requirement)
NOW.................given that Jahi has become a high visibility figure, just driving her back to Cali in a personal vehicle would be very, very difficult on SO many levels.

Just for those interested, here's the California guidelines:California Health and Safety Code 7355:

"(a) Except as provided in subdivision (b), the bodies of persons who have died from any cause shall not be received for transportation by a common carrier unless the body has been embalmed and prepared by a licensed embalmer and placed in a sound casket and enclosed in a transportation case.
(b) A dead body, which cannot be embalmed or is in a state of decomposition, shall be received for transportation by a common carrier if the body is placed in an airtight metal casket enclosed in a strong transportation case or in a sound casket enclosed in an airtight metal or metal-lined transportation case."

THUS.....the need to revoke the California death certificate as the New Jersey declaration of brain dead is a religiously related denial protection and a "non-deceased" Jahi could be transported WITHOUT embalming to Ca for "treatment" _____>>>>>>>>Just my opinion based on interpretation

--------------
Hi Joypath, I believe I remember Nick saying if a body is not embalmed, comes to Ohio the casket must be sealed. We have a friend brought son home from Italy (army) after an accident. To have an open casket they sealed a glass over the body, completely sealed off. These are good subjects to read on. We learn a lot.

-----------
Just want to add I am so happy for your BIL.. God Bless him!!

Thank you Nore. You are so sweet to say that. My birthday was this week and when he wished me happy birthday, i told him that just having him here to say that was the best gift of all and I truly mean it. He is a wonderful man who has given thousands of volunteer hours running our fire department and going on calls, helping people and just caring so much for so many. He found out just how much everyone cared when he got in the accident. They instantly recognized him at the scene and the guys lifted the huge truck off of him with simply man power, not power tools. Such an amazing story.

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — California voters have defeated a proposal that would have raised the state’s cap on medical malpractice damage awards to over a million dollars, up from $250,000.

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — California voters have defeated a proposal that would have raised the state’s cap on medical malpractice damage awards to over a million dollars, up from $250,000.

Uh oh, Dolan ain't gonna like that. That kinda blows any chances for him to score big by suing on Jahi's case.

I have a question for our medical people if they don't mind. After a year on a vent would someone even have the muscle tone or structure needed to breath on her own?

I doubt it. Plus her chance of pneumonia, etc, increases greatly the longer she is on the vent.

I doubt it. Plus her chance of pneumonia, etc, increases greatly the longer she is on the vent.

IIRC, in an earlier interview, NW mentioned that Jahi had an infection. I'll see if I can find it when I get home.

I asked Alameda County Courthouse Records Management today via email to see if there was any public info they could give me in regards to the case being heard in dept 14 on December 9th. Unfortunately their response wasn't entirely informative. Providing that info here just in case anyone is interested.

Me said:
Dear Sir or Ma'am,
I see that this case has a hearing scheduled for December 9th @ 1:30pm in Department 14. From what I gather, this is the small claims court with a pending decision.
My question here is this: is there any publicly-available information regarding this case going to small claims (if that is in fact where the case is headed), and if so, could you provide me with any details regarding the reason for small claims suddenly hearing this case, and/or who the defendant party is in this action?
Thank you in advance for your wonderful help in the past and with my questions today.
Sincerely and respectfully,
Phillip -----------

Their reply

Them said:
Hi Phillip,

This case refers to a petition for a temporary restraining order authorizing medical treatment. Department 14 is the Law and Motion
Department, which use to be Department 31 in the post Office building near Alco Parking garage. This hearing is being heard for that
date in the Law and Motion department.

Thank you

Regards,

AskRecordsManagement

Okay I think I'm understanding their response better (above post), now that I've had a while to digest it. It SOUNDS like Alameda County Courts has reorganized the department #'s - for some reason I don't know, but can just guess from their response that department 31 (Grillo's court) has moved out of the post office building, and into the regular courthouse. Sooooo, it's still Grillo's courtroom, he's just moved and has taken over the department 14 designation.

It's a little more informative - indirectly - than what I originally assumed.

"....petition for a temporary restraining order authorizing medical treatment."

Any idea what that's about? Is this related to Jahi's case?

Meaning, is this an attempt to authorize medical treatment? Or prevent medical treatment?

"petition for a temporary restraining order authorizing medical treatment."

I could read that 2 ways: a petition to AUTHORIZE medical treatment

Or, a petition for a restraining order previously ordered, to STOP medical treatment.

Does that make sense?

Are they trying to FORCE someone or some place to care for Jahi? Could they be trying to sue the hospital for releasing jahi and want her back in? Does she have an infection or something that needs treatment and some intelligent and rationale doctor has finally said "NO, enough is enough, this child is dead and has been so for a year - let her GO!

I have a question for our medical people if they don't mind. After a year on a vent would someone even have the muscle tone or structure needed to breath on her own?

Depends on "why" they were on a long term vent in the first place, and whether they got weaker or stronger over the year, and whether they were able to assist the ventilator at all, or be weaned off for a period of time during the day. Also depends on the age of the person, and how debilitated they are.

Meaning, the degree to which the complex mechanisms that coordinate breathing were intact, or damaged, and where the damage was. Someone with a spinal cord injury above C3 will never be able to breathe independently. Someone with lung damage from an injury might be able to get to a place where they can heal enough to get off the vent. Someone with progressive lung disease will, well, "progress" in their lung disease, and at some point, not be able to be off the vent. Someone becoming weaker over time with a progressive neuromuscular disease likely wouldn't improve enough to wean off the vent.

Someone with profound brainstem injury (or brainstem death) would not be able to be on settings to "assist" the vent, nor able to wean off the vent for a period of time during the day.

The answer to your question is much more complex than just atrophy of the skeletal muscles. I hope that make sense!

In brain death would the autonomous function of breathing still occur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734