James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kold, don't be modest. Your posts are thoughtful and intelligent. I think anyone who can compose that photo of how the size 12 Bloomies would appear on a child of 6, is very clever and smart. You have managed to put a true life image to this case for all to consider.

I don't always agree with you, but I certainly make it a point to faithfully check out your posts.

AzWriter

Oh, you're very kind to say this...wait...you don't always agree with me? :dramaqueen:

Well, actually, neither do I. I've been wrong about this case waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I've been right, through the years. How could we not be without knowing all the evidence or having someone who does give us the theory of prosecution that actually fits it all?

But I do have to make one confession to you, which I've had to make before as the avatar I use does confuse people.

I didn't make that sculpture and demonstration. Believe me, I wish I was as clever as the Scottish wench who did, Jayelles. (A member here and at FFJ, who was an active poster for many years but now is on to dazzle the world with other accomplishments.)

Jayelles thought of and devised the experiment. She spent years waiting until her own little girl grew to the approx. size of JB at six years of age so she could take measurements from her to make the sculptured model. She also collected the various sizes of Bloomies herself on trips to New York. Then she photographed and posted the results.

If you look at the bottom of my posts, I have a link to Jayelles' thread at FFJ where Jayelles documented this. [Edited to correct info on the thread at FFJ.] This Bloomies thread is stuck at the top of the JB forum there, as a reference. Two threads have been combined, though, so you have to go to page five at the bottom to start reading about the 3 dimensional model experiment and see those photos. Here: http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7107&page=5 (Ignore my angry rant at the top of the page, please, When Jayelles did her experiment, I went into high dudgeon once again at how much Patsy lied to LE.)

I advise anyone to at least check out her pictures and description of how she conducted this truly brilliant demonstration: you cannot possibly see it and not have questions about why Patsy Ramsey would ever tell LE that JB put those Bloomies on herself and wore them, either to play in that day or to go to the Whites. They would literally have fallen down to her feet. Putting them under clothing would have bunched them up so that they clearly would have been noticeable under her little VELVET pants.

And how on earth would Patsy Ramsey pull JB's velvet pants off while the child slept deeply in her bed and not pull the Bloomies off with them? Wouldn't she have to pull them back onto the child? Would she then not notice how large they were?

And why on earth would the Ramseys withhold this package of size 12-14 Bloomies until the end of 2002 after someone in their employ found it in a packing box in Atlanta with other Ramsey possessions?

And why on earth would Team Ramsey's best shills, Mary Lacy and Lou Smit, neglect to have that package processed for fingerprints and DNA, inside and out, including the remaining six pairs of panties? If they did, it's very odd that Kolar never heard or saw anything about it, at least to me it is.

So we have the unbelievably huge panties found on the child's body; the package from which they came missing for at least five years, if the package turned in years later actually was the original; the mother claiming the child put those on herself and wore them that day/night; and the mother claiming that she never noticed they were so large when undressing and redressing the child in the longjohn pants herself.

For my money, Patsy lied about that, and howdy. I think Jayelles proved that brilliantly.

I just hope that Boulder LE had the expertise and insight to do their own documentation of those Bloomies, with a professional model, expert charts and graphs from companies who manufactured the Bloomies, or at least girl's underwear.

So as many times as I get asked about the unsettling avatar I use, mainly because of the red leggings Jayelles put on the model to give a better contrast to the size of the model and the Bloomies, which people find confusing and scary, I keep it.

I don't want to take credit for Jayelles' brilliant work, though, so I put the link at the bottom of my posts. (Sigh...that woman could make me jealous if I were the jealous type.)

I guess I could make it bigger, now that I think of it. :doh:

Oh, you're very kind to say this...wait...you don't always agree with me? :dramaqueen:

Well, actually, neither do I. I've been wrong about this case waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I've been right, through the years. How could we not be without knowing all the evidence or having someone who does give us the theory of prosecution that actually fits it all?

But I do have to make one confession to you, which I've had to make before as the avatar I use does confuse people.

I didn't make that sculpture and demonstration. Believe me, I wish I was as clever as the Scottish wench who did, Jayelles. (A member here and at FFJ, who was an active poster for many years but now is on to dazzle the world with other accomplishments.)

Jayelles thought of and devised the experiment. She spent years waiting until her own little girl grew to the approx. size of JB at six years of age so she could take measurements from her to make the sculptured model. She also collected the various sizes of Bloomies herself on trips to New York. Then she photographed and posted the results.

If you look at the bottom of my posts, I have a link to Jayelles' thread at FFJ where Jayelles documented this. Actually, there are two important threads about this stuck at the top of the JB forum there, as a reference.

I advise anyone to at least check out her pictures and description of how she conducted this truly brilliant demonstration: you cannot possibly see it and not have questions about why Patsy Ramsey would ever tell LE that JB put those Bloomies on herself and wore them, either to play in that day or to go to the Whites. They would literally have fallen down to her feet. Putting them under clothing would have bunched them up so that they clearly would have been noticeable under her little VELVET pants.

And how on earth would Patsy Ramsey pull JB's velvet pants off while the child slept deeply in her bed and not pull the Bloomies off with them? Wouldn't she have to pull them back onto the child? Would she then not notice how large they were?

And why on earth would the Ramseys withhold this package of size 12-14 Bloomies until the end of 2002 after someone in their employ found it in a packing box in Atlanta with other Ramsey possessions?

And why on earth would Team Ramsey's best shills, Mary Lacy and Lou Smit, neglect to have that package processed for fingerprints and DNA, inside and out, including the remaining six pairs of panties? If they did, it's very odd that Kolar never heard or saw anything about it, at least to me it is.

So we have the unbelievably huge panties found on the child's body; the package from which they came missing for at least five years, if the package turned in years later actually was the original; the mother claiming the child put those on herself and wore them that day/night; and the mother claiming that she never noticed they were so large when undressing and redressing the child in pants herself.

For my money, Patsy lied about that, and howdy. I think Jayelles proved that brilliantly.

I just hope that Boulder LE had the expertise and insight to do their own documentation of those Bloomies, with a professional model, expert charts and graphs from companies who manufactured the Bloomies, or at least girl's underwear.

So as many times as I get asked about the unsettling avatar I use, mainly because of the red leggings Jayelles put on the model to give a better contrast to the size of the model and the Bloomies, which people find confusing and scary, I keep it.

I don't want to take credit for Jayelles' brilliant work, though, so I put the link at the bottom of my posts. (Sigh...that woman could make me jealous if I were the jealous type.)

I guess I could make it bigger, now that I think of it. :doh:

KoldKase,
And do we believe the R's? How would said person in their employ understand what the significance of the size-12's were?

I guess the size-12's were handed in to demonstrate that they originally existed, as per Patsy's story, otherwise, maybe the intruder took them?

Maybe they did. I doubt it, they likely bagged and tagged the size-12's then buried them beneath a mountain of Ramsey forensic evidence, keeping no record of where they were deposited.

KoldKase,

And do we believe the R's? How would said person in their employ understand what the significance of the size-12's were?

It was pretty important evidence, so I think the Ramseys' lawyers would have passed this little evidence fact to Team Ramsey, compliments of Alex "Relationship with the suspects" Hunter, no doubt.

At least by the time Patsy was drilled about this in 2000 she knew it was important. She even stated she'd "heard something" about it before then, so if she knew, her agents in deception no doubt knew, as well.

I guess the size-12's were handed in to demonstrate that they originally existed, as per Patsy's story, otherwise, maybe the intruder took them?

We don't actually know how this package was "found" or "where"; the info we got was vague from Lin Wood and his online shill, jams at the swamp. Jams actually changed her story on that a couple of times, which you can read all about on the thread at FFJ I mentioned. ([ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7107"]Sorry, it's a long haul through that thread now because it was combined with another thread on the Bloomies. [/ame]I don't have time now, but maybe later I can look for it if no one else wants to brave it. :please:)

One story jams told was the package was found while looking for the clothing the Ramseys wore at the Whites' party and/or on Dec. 26th, to turn into the BPD. That would have been in the year after the murder, 1997. Another story, unless I'm completely confused--yeah, it happens a lot these days--was that the PI who worked for the Ramseys was looking for that Santa Bear, the one Alex Hunter had the whole country looking for, and found the package then in the boxes which had been stored from moving the family's belongings: that teddy bear search was later, after Patsy claimed in her 1998 DA interview it wasn't familiar to her in the crime scene photos of JB's bed where it could be seen.

I have always thought if this was the original package, the PI--often former cops who are retired, etc.--knew what he had and that if he or the Ramseys didn't turn them over, they were withholding evidence in a murder investigation. If they flat out destroyed them or threw them out, even worse. While I think there was a lot of corruption engaged in, all the way round among the lawyers, DAs, and investigators in this case, destroying evidence might have been something the PI wasn't willing to do. So the package was held in limbo until Mary "Exoneration" Lacy got control of the case.

Maybe they did. I doubt it, they likely bagged and tagged the size-12's then buried them beneath a mountain of Ramsey forensic evidence, keeping no record of where they were deposited.

Or even worse, they found evidence which only led back to the Ramseys as guilty of this crime--so they then buried it with more excuses and disinformation, like the six different DNA profiles found on the ligatures and other items from the crime scene, not to mention Patsy's and Burke's DNA on the gown...or was it blanket? Sorry, head getting fuzzy.... :confused:

It was pretty important evidence, so I think the Ramseys' lawyers would have passed this little evidence fact to Team Ramsey, compliments of Alex "Relationship with the suspects" Hunter, no doubt.

At least by the time Patsy was drilled about this in 2000 she knew it was important. She even stated she'd "heard something" about it before then, so if she knew, her agents in deception no doubt knew, as well.

We don't actually know how this package was "found" or "where"; the info we got was vague from Lin Wood and his online shill, jams at the swamp. Jams actually changed her story on that a couple of times, which you can read all about on the thread I mentioned at FFJ. (Sorry, it's a long haul through that thread now because it was combined with another thread on the Bloomies. I don't have time now, but maybe later I can look for it if no one else wants to brave it. :please:)

One story jams told was the package was found while looking for the clothing the Ramseys wore at the Whites' party and/or on Dec. 26th, to turn into the BPD. That would have been in the year after the murder. Another story, unless I'm completely confused--yeah, it happens a lot these days--was that the PI who worked for the Ramseys was looking for that Santa Bear, the one Alex Hunter had the whole country looking for, and found the package then in the boxes which had been stored from moving the family's belongings.

I have always thought if this was the original package, the PI--often former cops who are retired, etc.--knew what he had and that if he or the Ramseys didn't turn them over, they were withholding evidence in a murder investigation. If they flat out destroyed them or threw them out, even worse. While I think there was a lot of corruption engaged in all the way round among the lawyers, DAs, and investigators in this case, destroying evidence might have been something the PI wasn't willing to engage in. So the package was held in limbo until Mary "Exoneration" Lacy got control of the case.

Or even worse, they found evidence which only led back to the Ramseys as guilty of this crime--so they then buried it with more excuses and disinformation, like the six different DNA profiles found on the ligatures and other items from the crime scene.

KoldKase,
Or even worse, they found evidence which only led back to the Ramseys as guilty of this crime--so they then buried it with more excuses and disinformation, like the six different DNA profiles found on the ligatures and other items from the crime scene.
ITA. This what prosecuters are famous for, e.g. just coming up with evidence that suits their case.

There must be something questionable about the size-12's if nobody is referencing them. Its likely that the chain of custody is invalid, so nobody wants to place too much reliance on them?

In terms of staging the size-12's were a major mistake, no amount of explaining or how the remainder were found can ever rebut the notion that the size-12's was some R's idea how to stage a crime-scene?

BOESP,
It could be. Just thought Burke's point of reference, e.g the kitchen was interesting.

I have a son and the long running joke in my house is that he can hear the fridge open because he always shows up when I'm making a snack. The truth is he can't hear anything downstairs from his room...he's simply a boy that's always snacking and if I'm cooking the smell reaches his room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I didn't take Burke's comment about hearing the opening of the refrigerator door to mean he heard it the night JonBenet died. I took it that Burke implied he didn't hear anything that night and if something had of happened he should have heard it since in his experience he had, in the past, been able to hear the refrigerator door open while he was in his bedroom.

There are just some concepts that are hard to get across in "forum language." :)
I don't think BR necessarily heard the refrigerator door, especially if he was already in the kitchen...unless he heard JB in the kitchen and went down. What I do think is possible, is he was in the kitchen that night, so he had the kitchen on his mind, and kind of subconsciously and randomly, made the association to the refrigerator. MOO.

On page 108 of his book, Kolar states: "Boulder PD investigators would find written materials in the Ramsey household that suggested John Ramsey may have at one time been researching the purchase of a stun gun, or that he had owned one. Nothing ever came of this lead, however, and Smit continued to theorize that the marks of a stun gun found on JonBenet pointed to an intruder being involved in her death."

The manufacturers of the stun gun named as the weapon by Smit (the Air Taser) told the Boulder PD "in no uncertain terms that the marks on JonBenet's body would not have been created by their device." (Kolar, same page.)

Can't remember if I thanked you for this or not.

Yes, the stun gun video found by LE gave the investigators some questions once Smit went on his "stun gun" mission.

But no actual stun gun was ever sourced to being owned by JR or his family, or at least not that I have seen.

It's always been a gray area because both John and Patsy had this story of getting that video in a shop in Florida. The odd thing was it was said by them to be in Spanish. Most products have long been marketed with English and Spanish speaking dubs in America, and Florida is in America, so I find it odd their copy would be only Spanish.

How did they know that? Did they originally read the details and remember them that long after the murder? I mean, they couldn't remember what JonBenet ate or half what was in their own home the day/night of the murder, but they remember a video they never used was in Spanish? Assuming they didn't in fact at least attempt to watch it...and there's no reason to believe that, either.

How would they BOTH know this? Did Patsy try to watch it, too? Do you really need to understand the language when you have video images of its use, anyway?

This is the heart of how they got away with this murder: making your way through their never-ending lies is a daunting task, even nearly 16 years later. I have never in my life known anyone who lies as much as the Ramseys. And I grew up with a consummate liar. Two, actually.

After all, JR is still making them up, isn't he?

If the huge panties were not on jonbenet until her death then they must have been taken from one of the open xmas packages. After the jab and wiping and decision to redress her. What i can't figure out is why there is blood on the pink gown and white blanket but no urine on the blanket. Was the blanket taken into the wine room at the same time as grabbing the panties but still before the strangling? It's mind boggling. If any adult staged even one aspect then they are capable of much more. It wouldn't suprise me if the blanket and gown started out as staging and even the scream and scraping sound heard by neighbors.

BOESP,
It could be. Just thought Burke's point of reference, e.g the kitchen was interesting.

I guess it could be a psychological reference. It's hard to say without having heard Burke's inflection and demeanor.

I have Kolar's book on order so maybe I'll have a better grasp of how Burke fits in after I read the book.

If the huge panties were not on jonbenet until her death then they must have been taken from one of the open xmas packages. After the jab and wiping and decision to redress her. What i can't figure out is why there is blood on the pink gown and white blanket but no urine on the blanket. Was the blanket taken into the wine room at the same time as grabbing the panties but still before the strangling? It's mind boggling. If any adult staged even one aspect then they are capable of much more. It wouldn't suprise me if the blanket and gown started out as staging and even the scream and scraping sound heard by neighbors.

txsvicki,
The blood could be from either JonBenet because she wore the gown, or the person who wiped her down, who when transferring the gown, deposited the blood?

The urine sequence is complicated with the possibility of partial and complete evacuation of her bladder at different locations?

If the huge panties were not on jonbenet until her death then they must have been taken from one of the open xmas packages.
Depends, e.g. was Patsy telling the truth about the motive for purchasing the size-12's?

If so, what would they be doing wrapped up as potential Christmas Presents? Patsy stated she intended to mail the gift to Jenny, this means Jenny was never going to see the size-12's at Christmas time!

Patsy is on record stating over the previous week she had been wrapping gifts etc, so how come she does not know what is in each package, what is the point in having presents gift-wrapped, and obscuring either the contents or the intended recipient?

Why do the size-12's have to be hidden away in the wine-cellar, just who are they being hidden from, it cannot be Jenny, or any of the R's, since they are not the intended recipient?

The size-12's may have been located elsewhere, e.g. upstairs in Patsy's bedroom dresser drawer, awaiting mailing to Jenny?

And the Partially Opened Christmas Gifts might actually represent evidence from the primary crime-scene, simply being dumped, out of sight into the wine-cellar?

Well, a couple of things that the Rs didn't want to be associated with, was the pineapple and the flashlight. Since the flashlight was found in the kitchen, ImO, whatever happened, started in the kitchen. And BR saying he could hear the refrigerator being opened, is another red lag, IMO. For arguments sake, say JBR made the mess on the chocolates, and then went to the kitchen with BR. Their noise could have awakened PR, so she went to check JB's room, and then found the mess. She would have been enraged. If she went to the kitchen, JB would have instantly known she was in big trouble, and why. She would have known that face well. She then could have taken off running, (like so many kids do, when in trouble), and like a lot of moms, PR could have grabbed her by her hair, to pull her back. This would have made JB scream, and now even more enraged, PR could have bashed her in the head, with whatever she could grab. I happen to think the flashlight was used for a flashlight, (just a nagging suspicion, that she wouldn't
have left the murder weapon in plain sight), so were there any golf clubs in the kitchen? Anyway, I think it's possible that PR thought JB was dead, and to cover what she did, decided to make it look like an intruder/rapist, had killed her. Now, did she think the paintbrush would pass as actual penetration, or was she trying to cover prior abuse? IDK, but I think it's possible that she did what her sick mind conjured up, to look like a rapist. No, this isn't a foolproof theory, but IMO, those chocolates could be seen as motive, so to speak, and if PR found them, I can only imagine how enraged she would have been. A lot of women have a snapping point, and this could have been hers. I've gone round and round with theories, and this is just another one, because when I actually think about the different variables, I have a hard time with BR as a suspect. Not that he wasn't physically capable, but all the later drama, just doesn't make sense. MOO, and I may change my mind after reading the book.

JBs trip to get the pineapple could have been a bribe or a reward for cooperation for some unnamed act. Perhaps,whatever transpired next....is the catalyst which ignighted the fuse for the tragedy which followed.MOO

JBs trip to get the pineapple could have been a bribe or a reward for cooperation for some unnamed act. Perhaps,whatever transpired next....is the catalyst which ignighted the fuse for the tragedy which followed.MOO

That's where I'm at too :0)

That's where I'm at too :0)

I see JR as the architect of the crisis management who dispatched & executed the cover up with such efficiency.I have not received my book so I will restrain myself from saying much more. But,I just see his signature on every dirty deed in the filthy nightmarish torture chamber where he retrieved JBs body.MOO

Anyone with the medical-field knowledge - I need your help, please.

From AR, page 5: 'At the time of the initiation of the autopsy there is mild 1 to 2+ rigor mortis of the elbows and sholders with more advanced 2 to 3+ rigor mortis of the joints of the lower extremities'.

If JBR's body is laying flat on the even FLAT surface with her hands up - why such a difference in rigor mortis count between her upper (hands and shoulder) and lower body?
Does it mean that at certain time, her upper body was elevated (for example, her head and shoulders were laying on the pillow) before placing on the flat surface?

Thank you in advance for education.

http://www.acandyrose.com/12271996jonbenet05.gif

From AR, page 5: 'At the time of the initiation of the autopsy there is mild 1 to 2+ rigor mortis of the elbows and sholders with more advanced 2 to 3+ rigor mortis of the joints of the lower extremities'.

If JBR's body is laying flat on the even FLAT surface with her hands up - why such a difference in rigor mortis count between her upper (hands and shoulder) and lower body?
Does it mean that at certain time, her upper body was elevated (for example, her head and shoulders were laying on the pillow) before placing on the flat surface?

Perhaps because the lower body is further from the heart?

Perhaps because the lower body is further from the heart?

Thank you for replay. Are you saying these counts are normal? If so, why it was stated on AR seperately and not indicated as 'unremarkable' which is what coroner used almost everywhere?

Thank you all for this intelligent discussion!

My :twocents:

BBM*RSBM

The flashlight, to me, has a similar provenance as the pineapple because of the response they both elicited i.e. no idea about the pineapple and no idea where the flashlight had come from. Yes they had wiped it down BUT they didn't know where BURKE had got it from (Burke was sent to his room and asked no further questions throughout the staging).

I think the flashlight was for Burke's planned trip down to the basement for the presents etc as he couldn't switch on any intermediary lights (hall, stairs etc) without risking his parents waking up. There really is no other explanation for the wiped clean flashlight. The parents wouldn’t have bothered using a flashlight if they’d been up to no good with Jon Benet, accidentally or otherwise – they would have turned on lights. Furthermore, they wouldn’t have bothered, or been in sound enough mind, to have wiped it clean unless it was readily apparent that this had been the weapon used to inflict the first blow – possibly the fatal blow on terror-stricken first inspection. So why the batteries also wiped? Did they really use it all night and have to swap batteries?

I don't think so. There were lights in the basement an adult could switch on.

But why were the batteries wiped clean? A seemingly surreal and painstaking detail for a killer to bother with and an even grander leap of imagination for one of the parents to include in a ‘lawyer-ordained’ evidence wipedown.

One thing seems apparent. The extra care and meticulous attention devoted to cleaning the flashlight strongly implies that it was the murder weapon. But why the attention to the batteries when Patsy had left her prints on the bowl, clothing fibres all over JB and, possibly, the last item garment JB ever wore, the red pullover, clumsily tucked out of view in plain sight?

What if...

Above all else, Jonbenet hated to be taken into the dark.

What if it was a regular punishment used by a psychotic parent?

What if Jonbenet and Burke and PR were in the kitchen, getting a late night snack. JBR did whatever she did to make PR mad. PR punished her by dragging her down to the basement, grabbing a torch on the way...turning on lights would lessen the punishment if JB was screaming "not the dark!". If she was often taken down there to be punished, it would become part of the ritual and pattern of abuse.

Later, someone with a much more orderly mind came along and says...tell me EVERYTHING you touched from the minute you dragged her into the basement...walk me through it...ok lets start wiping.

It would explain the batteries being wiped, and the bowl and tea not being wiped. We already know that PR was a dirty housekeeper, and if the wiping was taken methodically from the moment the torch was grabbed, it is completely explainable why they weren't cleaned up. The methodical mind would not have realised JBR had eaten some of the pineapple that night as it could have been sitting there from any time.

All my opinion...

I could be very wrong, but I am sure I read somewhere that rigor mortis proceeds through the body almost like a wave - either one that travels inwards to the centre (I think this is the case) or outwards to the edge - therefore it will appear in certain areas of the body first and others progressively later and like wise dissipate in some areas first and then eventually in the others, and therefore can be at different degrees in different places as per the autopsy report.

or, it could have been 2 hungry kids, grabbing a snack. Personally, I think JB willingly, sharing pineapple with BR, helps knock him out as a suspect. If he had been abusing her in the past, would she have gone with him? If he had just smeared feces on her chocolates, (like so may people think), would she have walked to the kitchen with him? Also, what did he do after he supposedly bashed her head? There are some theories that he siezed this opportunity, to poke and prod her. Sorry, but that doesn't make a lick of sense. No 9 year old, is this kind of 'curious'... not unless he's one sick little kid, and by all accounts, BR wasn't a part of the psychologically ill. This would be insanity, and he was not insane. And thiis is where the BDI theories, start to unravel, IMO. JB's skull was bashed beyond repair, so what did BR do? abused her dying body? wrote the ransom note? wiped down his fingerprints? called his mother in to clean up his mess, after he was done poking and prodding? And PR, out of fear of hurting his reputation, agreed to help? I don't believe any of this happened. A head bash like JB suffered, resulted from rage, not much doubt about that, so what could JB have done, while eating pineapple, to enrage BR so? moo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceEmm
Back