Jana Duggar Charged With Endangering the Welfare of a Minor, Sept 2021 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A lack of life skills can be so detrimental. I hope that if Jana or any of her siblings, nieces, nephews (or anyone in a similar situation) want to leave home, a kind someone will point them in the right direction.

Jana could reach out to her cousin Amy and Amy's mom, Deanna. Amy and Deanna (especially Amy) have made their issues with the rest of the Duggars known. Unfortunately, it's a matter of Jana wanting to take that step for herself and leave the situation, where there has been no indication that that is what she wants to do. Sometimes, we think people are "trapped" in these situations that they are in because they want to be. IMO.

I guess Amy would be in a position to know.

IMO, as I know I've stated previously, a 31-year old woman who has never been married and has no children should never have been been put into this situation.

If her parents wanted to have 19 kids, great, their business, as long as they can provide for them all.

Apparently they’re able to care for them financially, but childcare for everyone has increasingly been Jana’s burden.

I do remember watching the show in the earlier years, and Jana was part of a team with her three other older sisters. They had their buddy groups, which weren’t overwhelming (though still, IMO, not necessarily fair to the older kids). Once the three other older girls were married, and then the much younger sister also got married, AFAIK all womanly chores fell on Jana.

I don’t know if she had to watch the grandchildren or not, as they have their own parents. And yes the youngest Duggar child is not a baby anymore, so I have no idea what child she was watching. I think Jana has likely been supervising children for 20 years, perhaps, and that is exhausting.

No one wants to see a child endangered, and thankfully apparently the child was unharmed, but IMO Jana needs a break!

I’d love to see her married and out of the house, have maybe 2 or 3 kids of her own, and be responsible for only them. Right now, to me, this falls into the “no good deed goes unpunished” category.
Don’t need to be married to get out of the house !

Jana could reach out to her cousin Amy and Amy's mom, Deanna. Amy and Deanna (especially Amy) have made their issues with the rest of the Duggars known. Unfortunately, it's a matter of Jana wanting to take that step for herself and leave the situation, where there has been no indication that that is what she wants to do. Sometimes, we think people are "trapped" in these situations that they are in because they want to be. IMO.
I've learned that the hard way over the years. No matter how you reach out, no matter how many lines of escape you offer, no matter how much support you muster, people remain exactly where they choose to be. CHOOSE to be.

After all that, I only help people who want help. This applies to adults, of course. I never stop trying to help children.

Jana Duggar launches 'lifestyle' business as she remains single

Jana Duggar is a landlord as single sister becomes financially independent

Jana has a better life than alot of people.

She works with her brother, James Duggar, on some of his projects and she is also known for her countless DIY projects. She travels all over and owns real estate and started her own business.

Free room and board, why would she need to move out?

Hardly just a family babysitter, which she enjoys doing. A full happy life.

Last edited:
Jana Duggar launches 'lifestyle' business as she remains single

Jana Duggar is a landlord as single sister becomes financially independent

Jana has a better life than alot of people.

She works with her brother, James Duggar, on some of his projects and she is also known for her countless DIY projects. She travels all over and owns real estate and started her own business.

Free room and board, why would she need to move out?

Hardly just a family babysitter, which she enjoys doing. A full happy life.
I would be more than a little surprised if Jana has an income that isn’t doled out by her father. She may have businesses and properties in her name but I really doubt she reaps any benefit beyond what JimBob thinks she should have. I’d love to be wrong about this.

I would be more than a little surprised if Jana has an income that isn’t doled out by her father. She may have businesses and properties in her name but I really doubt she reaps any benefit beyond what JimBob thinks she should have. I’d love to be wrong about this.

Jim Bob is worth over 6 million so whatever he "doles out" is likely pretty darn good.

Inside Jim Bob's $6.2M real estate empire after Counting On canceled

COUNTING On patriarch Jim Bob Duggar has a massive real estate empire worth $6,235,050 to fall back on after the cancellation of the family's reality show.

Jim Bob is worth over 6 million so whatever he "doles out" is likely pretty darn good.

Inside Jim Bob's $6.2M real estate empire after Counting On canceled

COUNTING On patriarch Jim Bob Duggar has a massive real estate empire worth $6,235,050 to fall back on after the cancellation of the family's reality show.
I don’t know about that. The female children don’t seem to count for much in that family. That’s reportedly why Jill and her husband are/were estranged. JB was being mucho stingy with the TLC money.

This is exactly what young women who leave polygamy colonies have to deal with. And the young men, who usually get kicked out at 19 or 20, with no money, education or family support.

I used to do case management for a lot of these "kids". They no longer fit into child services, but they have zero skills for activities of daily living as adults. We used to fit them into school services if they were under age 22.

In Jana's case, she would get job placement assistance, assessment, referral for shelter/housing, EBT. All she needs to do is leave, and ask for help.

Is she even aware that she has the basic human right to leave? How deep does the brainwashing go? Does she see any value in her own life outside of serving the family? Personalities run the spectrum, so it's difficult to say what's going on in her mind. It might not be as easy as leaving.

MOO: The businesses might be in her name for tax purposes only. My father used to have his clients write cheques out in the kids' names and my mother's name, to avoid taxes. We did not take or control that money ever. Maybe Jim Bob let's Jana do her little DIY in exchange for his tax break? His DIL, Anna, doesn't know jack about the businesses Jim Bob put in her name. If they really are hers, why is she living in a dump warehouse on his property? It's all smoke and mirrors for the IRS. MOO

Last edited:
There are several small charities & support groups devoted to young adults with little practical education & no family support. Many focus on former members of insular groups, like FLDS, Amish, and Hasidic Jews. There are several online support groups for those who suffered educational neglect while being homeschooled. (I homeschool most of my kids - I waded through some of these groups years ago to get the views of homeschooled adults). JMO.

Amy Duggar: Jana Duggar Was Taken 'Advantage' of Before Misdemeanor

This pretty much is how I feel, as well. Helping out occasionally with babysitting--sure, of course. Indentured servitude babysitting, nope. Having no children but getting in trouble anyway because the people with children expect you to be the permanent babysitter of their children, nope nope nope.

There are several small charities & support groups devoted to young adults with little practical education & no family support. Many focus on former members of insular groups, like FLDS, Amish, and Hasidic Jews. There are several online support groups for those who suffered educational neglect while being homeschooled. (I homeschool most of my kids - I waded through some of these groups years ago to get the views of homeschooled adults). JMO.

It is really shocking how much help they need. As crazy as it is, they almost need as much help as refugees who come to this country. I started working with the refugee center, to see what they are doing for their folks.

I mean, why re-write the wheel?

The paperwork was one of the biggest problems, lack of birth certificates, social security cards, any type of digital footprint or paperwork. Of course, Jana Duggar may not have those problems, but we really don't know. If she leaves, most leave without anything.

Of course, one "bonus" is a criminal record, because that verifies identity.

One advantage that IMO sets the Duggar children apart from other kids raised in insular cultures is that they've had much more exposure to the world outside their religious community.

The kids all have social media accounts and some of them have monetized those accounts through hits, ads and promoting various products. They've promoted their book. They've posed for numerous publicity shots for magazines and red carpet events. Heck, at least one of them gave birth while being televised.

IMO none of that is the norm for children raised in an ultra conservative family where the girls have to yell "Nike" so their brothers would look down at their shoes in order to avoid seeing an attractive girl. Or where only side hugs are allowed and absolutely no kissing until marriage is a rule.

I'm not saying that growing up in front of cameras since 2008, the road trips, book tours, movie premieres, magazine interviews, YouTube videos, etc. totally prepared them to live less conservative lives if they choose but they certainly have experienced the secular world way more than say, the little Hasidic Jewish kid living in North Miami Beach.

IMO they have accumulated enough information over the years to make their own personal choices. I dunno, maybe I'm giving them too much credit but I think they're all old enough and smart enough to make changes in their lives if they want to. MOO.

Jana Duggar's charge of endangering the welfare of a child settled outside of court

Jana Duggar's charge of endangering the welfare of a child has been adjudicated, Fox News can exclusively report.

Jana, 31, was charged with the misdemeanor in September, court documents revealed. On Tuesday, an official at the district court in Elm Springs, Arkansas confirmed to Fox News Digital the case has been settled outside of court. An attorney for Jana did not immediately return Fox News' request for comment.

Jana Duggar pleads guilty in child endangerment case: Report

Court paperwork shows that the reality TV star entered her guilty plea on Dec. 15, a week after an Arkansas jury found her brother Josh guilty on two charges..

"The raw facts: I was babysitting a few months ago when one of the children wandered outside alone," Jana wrote on her Instagram Story. "A passerby who saw the child called the police.

Jana Duggar pleads guilty in child endangerment case: Report

Court paperwork shows that the reality TV star entered her guilty plea on Dec. 15, a week after an Arkansas jury found her brother Josh guilty on two charges..

"The raw facts: I was babysitting a few months ago when one of the children wandered outside alone," Jana wrote on her Instagram Story. "A passerby who saw the child called the police.

I dearly hope that whomever the parents are, since we don't know which child wandered outside, will have the courtesy to reimburse Jana for the $880 she spent in court fees and fines.

A thousand years of babysitting a thousand children who are not hers, likely for free, should earn her that, at least. IMO

Is she even aware that she has the basic human right to leave? How deep does the brainwashing go? Does she see any value in her own life outside of serving the family? Personalities run the spectrum, so it's difficult to say what's going on in her mind. It might not be as easy as leaving.

MOO: The businesses might be in her name for tax purposes only. My father used to have his clients write cheques out in the kids' names and my mother's name, to avoid taxes. We did not take or control that money ever. Maybe Jim Bob let's Jana do her little DIY in exchange for his tax break? His DIL, Anna, doesn't know jack about the businesses Jim Bob put in her name. If they really are hers, why is she living in a dump warehouse on his property? It's all smoke and mirrors for the IRS. MOO

[bbm]

it looks pretty nice on the inside IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321