Jana Duggar Charged With Endangering the Welfare of a Minor, Sept 2021 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Would she have been charged if she couldn't find one of the children she was watching and thinking kidnapping reported it herself to LE?

ETA
Reason I was thinking this, their neighbor reported seeing a stranger trespassing to LE earlier. I may be wrong but I am also thinking this neighbor is the same one Josh was staying with. From an earlier link describing the Duggar properties that this neighbor was staying in a house owned by the Duggars. Walking distance?

Details Emerge About Alleged 'Oppressive' Home Where Josh Duggar Is Staying While Facing Child *advertiser censored* Charges

Last edited:
So I am going to chime in with my opinion, which some may or may not agree with.

Based on what has been said by cousin Amy, it sounds like a child went missing for a period of time. I don’t necessarily blame Jana directly as she is a product of her parents, their religion, and way of raising children. However, I do blame the family for putting Jana in a position to care for too many children at once. This responsibility seems to fall solely on Jana since she is oldest daughter remaining at home. I feel like all their attention was required to support Josh and his federal charges that the household responsibilities just got dumped on Jana.

However, children must be supervised with enough adults to prevent this. I still hold her accountable for the welfare of the children.

To clarify, I don’t think they chose jana or set her up. I just find it interesting that the incident happened in September, but doesn’t become public until the day or the day after Josh is found guilty.

I think someone happened to be looking a public records in the area because of Josh's trial and they happened upon Jana's file. They were probably trying to find a new mug shot for Josh or something.

I guess Amy would be in a position to know.

IMO, as I know I've stated previously, a 31-year old woman who has never been married and has no children should never have been been put into this situation.

If her parents wanted to have 19 kids, great, their business, as long as they can provide for them all.

Apparently they’re able to care for them financially, but childcare for everyone has increasingly been Jana’s burden.

I do remember watching the show in the earlier years, and Jana was part of a team with her three other older sisters. They had their buddy groups, which weren’t overwhelming (though still, IMO, not necessarily fair to the older kids). Once the three other older girls were married, and then the much younger sister also got married, AFAIK all womanly chores fell on Jana.

I don’t know if she had to watch the grandchildren or not, as they have their own parents. And yes the youngest Duggar child is not a baby anymore, so I have no idea what child she was watching. I think Jana has likely been supervising children for 20 years, perhaps, and that is exhausting.

No one wants to see a child endangered, and thankfully apparently the child was unharmed, but IMO Jana needs a break!

I’d love to see her married and out of the house, have maybe 2 or 3 kids of her own, and be responsible for only them. Right now, to me, this falls into the “no good deed goes unpunished” category.
I wouldn’t be surprised if JimBob and Michelle think Jana is in some way “defective” because she hasn’t married and started churning out babies yet. I bet she’s had plenty of offers to marry but has chosen to remain single. So she’s stuck babysitting while everyone else goes about living their lives. I feel very sorry for her.

I wouldn’t be surprised if JimBob and Michelle think Jana is in some way “defective” because she hasn’t married and started churning out babies yet. I bet she’s had plenty of offers to marry but has chosen to remain single. So she’s stuck babysitting while everyone else goes about living their lives. I feel very sorry for her.

I don't see people as a "victim" who are adults without disabilities, who make conscious decisions and choices about their own lives.

Jana has the ability to walk out the door of the Duggar compound, find a job, and work. Women who have had a lot less advantages than she does manage it every day.

I have seen women who have absolutely nothing, cut off from family, all support systems, with young children, start from nothing in a shelter, obtain education, employment, and make choices with their lives.

I do not fault or blame Jana for her choices, but I definitely do not feel "sorry" for her.

Jana posted in her Instagram stories explaining the situation: Watch this story by Jana Duggar on Instagram before it disappears.

Screenshot in case it's taken down (I have no idea how Instagram stories work lol):
janaduggar.jpg

Jana posted in her Instagram stories explaining the situation: Watch this story by Jana Duggar on Instagram before it disappears.

Screenshot in case it's taken down (I have no idea how Instagram stories work lol):
janaduggar.jpg
Facebook also has "stories" which automatically disappear in three days. I find them annoying, but I think in some cases they have their place.
Jana may have also put it on her regular instagram.

Allowing the regular media to take screenshots affords her the ability not to have to deal with commenters herself. If I was in her shoes, I would want to avoid commenters too.

Last edited:
Honestly, IMO, if she wasn't a Duggar, she would have never been issued a citation in the first place. I once noticed a two year old a few blocks from his house in nothing but a diaper wandering in the road in front of my house. I called police and stayed with the child on my front porch until police arrived 30 minutes later. I could see the kids house. No one ever came out looking for the baby. Police took the child, knocked on the front door, handed the child over and was gone in 5 minutes. Never even took out his note pad. I called CPS myself, and they eventually reported back to me that the Dad fell asleep on the couch. Nothing to see here...

Jana Duggar says child endangerment charge came when kid she was babysitting slipped out of house | Daily Mail Online
Jana's statement ....

'I'm only sharing this because the media has been having a field day with it all,' Jana wrote on her Instagram stories this morning.

'I prefer a more private life, but I know my last name means that everything we do is open to public criticism and interest, especially during this time.

'The raw facts: I was babysitting a few months ago when one of the children wandered outside alone. A passerby who saw the child called the police.

'This resulted in a written ciation, as well as a follow-up with child welfare who concluded that it was an accident and the child was unharmed. They recognized that it was a case of a child slipping out of the house when you turn your back for a moment.

'It all happend so quickly and was scary. I am grateful for law enforcement and those who protect and serve out community.

'I was certainly never arrested like some may have implied. In the end I was just upset at myself that it had happened at all, but so thankful it all ended safely and that's truly what mattered the most to me.'

Honestly, IMO, if she wasn't a Duggar, she would have never been issued a citation in the first place. I once noticed a two year old a few blocks from his house in nothing but a diaper wandering in the road in front of my house. I called police and stayed with the child on my front porch until police arrived 30 minutes later. I could see the kids house. No one ever came out looking for the baby. Police took the child, knocked on the front door, handed the child over and was gone in 5 minutes. Never even took out his note pad. I called CPS myself, and they eventually reported back to me that the Dad fell asleep on the couch. Nothing to see here...

I disagree. A few days ago, I posted a few examples of parents being arrested (Jana was not arrested) for minor supervision lapses. There’s a fair amount of discretion on LE’s part, IMO. But I don’t see any evidence that she was targeted. JMO.

When you look at Google maps/satellite of the "warehouse" and property next to it, it appears to have many vehicles and potential hazards. The Duggars own this property, but they don't own the business. This was confirmed by a news story after a 2015 gas explosion occurred there.

I don't know how recent this Google satellite image is. (It says 2021, but they all say 2021...Street view is from June 2016)

I don't know if this business is still there, but I could see if a child wandered into the loading dock area, I could see business owner calling police.

Attachments

• Business Property.png
    Business Property.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Maybe charges were also filed if the child got a significant distance away from the compound versus just off the compound? A fast kid can cover a surprising amount of ground in a short time. I assume the kid was on the younger side too, maybe 2 to 3 y/o, which would probably cause more concern.

Since it appears the "warehouse" (Where Anna and the kids supposedly live) is right next to all those loading docks, I would not be surprised if young kids getting too close had not been a previous issue.

Maybe the police were called several times and Jana just happened to be babysitting that day and received a citation. MOO.....

They've supposedly been living there for awhile.
Josh and Anna Duggar appear to live in Jim Bob's WAREHOUSE with their SIX kids

-

I don't see people as a "victim" who are adults without disabilities, who make conscious decisions and choices about their own lives.

Jana has the ability to walk out the door of the Duggar compound, find a job, and work. Women who have had a lot less advantages than she does manage it every day.

I have seen women who have absolutely nothing, cut off from family, all support systems, with young children, start from nothing in a shelter, obtain education, employment, and make choices with their lives.

I do not fault or blame Jana for her choices, but I definitely do not feel "sorry" for her.
Yes, Jana is a grown-up but I doubt Michelle and JimBob educated her, or any of their daughters, about alternatives and options. I’d be very surprised if any of the girls were taught much beyond a 6th grade level. Probably just enough to be able to read a recipe, use basic measurements and raise babies. I exaggerate. Slightly.

I guess I see Jana as being stuck. The daughters who did take the risk to shape even a slightly different path for their lives (and horror of horrors, wear pants while doing so) had supportive husbands to help with the transition. If Jana leaves, as an unmarried woman, she seriously risks alienation from her family and the church. Just being unmarried at her age probably gets her plenty of side-eye from their church acquaintances.

Yes, Jana is a grown-up but I doubt Michelle and JimBob educated her, or any of their daughters, about alternatives and options. I’d be very surprised if any of the girls were taught much beyond a 6th grade level. Probably just enough to be able to read a recipe, use basic measurements and raise babies. I exaggerate. Slightly.

I guess I see Jana as being stuck. The daughters who did take the risk to shape even a slightly different path for their lives (and horror of horrors, wear pants while doing so) had supportive husbands to help with the transition. If Jana leaves, as an unmarried woman, she seriously risks alienation from her family and the church. Just being unmarried at her age probably gets her plenty of side-eye from their church acquaintances.

This is exactly what young women who leave polygamy colonies have to deal with. And the young men, who usually get kicked out at 19 or 20, with no money, education or family support.

I used to do case management for a lot of these "kids". They no longer fit into child services, but they have zero skills for activities of daily living as adults. We used to fit them into school services if they were under age 22.

In Jana's case, she would get job placement assistance, assessment, referral for shelter/housing, EBT. All she needs to do is leave, and ask for help.

Because the election is today. You want this kind of thing immediately in the minds of voters rather than giving them 3 months to forget about it. So your opponent leaks it a few days/a week before the election. jmo

Interesting! You would think that Josh's conviction last week nailed that coffin closed. I actually thought it was JB leaking the info on Jana the day after the verdict to take some of the heat away from Josh. JB seems to have an established history of sacrificing his daughters to help/protect his son. JMO!

Since it appears the "warehouse" (Where Anna and the kids supposedly live) is right next to all those loading docks, I would not be surprised if young kids getting too close had not been a previous issue.

Maybe the police were called several times and Jana just happened to be babysitting that day and received a citation. MOO.....

They've supposedly been living there for awhile.
Josh and Anna Duggar appear to live in Jim Bob's WAREHOUSE with their SIX kids

I wouldn't be surprised if you were onto something here.

Even if the child found wandering wasn't Josh's and was another Duggar grandchild or an entirely unrelated child Jana was watching it is possible they were being watched in the warehouse.

I’d be very surprised if any of the girls were taught much beyond a 6th grade level. Probably just enough to be able to read a recipe, use basic measurements and raise babies. I exaggerate. Slightly.

Yes. They use the ATI (Advanced Training Institute) homeschool curriculum. ATI curriculum is ineffective, not at all rigorous, and doesn't focus on education. ATI emphasizes teachings that are in line with IBLP and have nothing to do with actual educational standards or rigor. I am not at all bashing homeschooling - in many options, it is the best thing for the child(ren) and parent(s) involved, and it can be a wonderful, beautiful thing - but ATI is a system with countless issues. Sending the kids to a religious, private school would be about a million times better than ATI. There are many good, effective, private religious school options out there. I am sure there are some in Northwest Arkansas.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly what young women who leave polygamy colonies have to deal with. And the young men, who usually get kicked out at 19 or 20, with no money, education or family support.

I used to do case management for a lot of these "kids". They no longer fit into child services, but they have zero skills for activities of daily living as adults. We used to fit them into school services if they were under age 22.

In Jana's case, she would get job placement assistance, assessment, referral for shelter/housing, EBT. All she needs to do is leave, and ask for help.
A lack of life skills can be so detrimental. I hope that if Jana or any of her siblings, nieces, nephews (or anyone in a similar situation) want to leave home, a kind someone will point them in the right direction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back