Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANd on that note, I am sick of propaganda, double talk, and backtracking. I'm going to bed. I hope that those in need of help get it, those in need of peace find it, those that are lost be found and that if anyone in this disaster causes a greater loss of live just to save face that they get to rest eternally in their own special corner of a special nuclear reactor.

:sigh: I can't do anything to help the situation except pray. So I think I'm going to go to bed and say my prayers realizing at any moment it could be me in that situation. I'm alwful close to Oak Ridge Tennessee. It is too close to the New Madrid fault line and I do NOT believe our situations with nuclear reactors are any better than Japan's! There's probably more around I don't even know about. God bless those people and give them strength.

Hang in there guys, You're the best.

ANd on that note, I am sick of propaganda, double talk, and backtracking. I'm going to bed. I hope that those in need of help get it, those in need of peace find it, those that are lost be found and that if anyone in this disaster causes a greater loss of live just to save face that they get to rest eternally in their own special corner of a special nuclear reactor.

That was so good before I exit I just had to repeat it!

CNN just keep looping the part on Anderson Cooper with Jim Walsh that we saw before. It has looped - now on its 4th time.
I know. And no new tweets from AC. He was boarding the plane two hours ago. Just how long is that flight? C'mon on Anderson, don't fail us now.

Here it is in print:

Gov't ups permissible radiation level

The Japanese government has revised upward the permissible level of radiation exposure for workers at the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/16_19.html

This is just unbelievable.

When I first heard that, I swore I wasn't hearing it correctly. I mean, come on, that's like saying, the legal alcohol content limit is .08, but since yours is 2.5, we'll up the limit to 3.5. :banghead: Or, normal human temperature is 98.6, but many people in this TB ward have 104.8., so we'll make the new normal 105.3.

:crazy:

Jeez. :banghead:

The snow must be freezing someone's brain.

After a massive earthquake, tsumani, nuclear meltdowns, hundreds of aftershocks, fires, volcano eruption, now they have to deal with snow! Many people don't have heat, many don't have homes! Unbelievable. The weathercaster said they are experiencing the type of weather they normally see in December and January. (NHK WORLD) http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/ Also reported on CBS Up To The Minute overnight TV news.

At the same website, a scroll said Toyota Motors is partly suspending operation in 14 of its North American plants due to the earthquake and tsunami. :waitasec: You'd think they'd keep them going because they could use the money generated. IDK

This was on local news tonight. The TV coverage was more extensive and it was broken down to very easy to understand terms.

Bottom line: no elevation or spikes in radioactivity in air of Hawaii.

I know a lot of members here on the west coast are deeply concerned about that area of the mainland and wanted to share this article hopefully to alleviate some fears.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14259717

At the same website, a scroll said Toyota Motors is partly suspending operation in 14 of its North American plants due to the earthquake and tsunami. You'd think they'd keep them going because they could use the money generated. IDK

I heard on news this a.m. about Canadian Toyota plants scaling back shifts due to decreased availability of parts.

I'm finding U.S. News reporting behind the 8-ball in providing up to date news, with bits and pieces of current events in Japan.

Kan calls for accurate radiation info

At a meeting of the government's emergency task force on Wednesday, the prime minister instructed the science ministry, together with the police and Self-Defense Forces, to take precise measurements of radiation levels. He then ordered the industry ministry to compile the data and give the public accurate information on safe and unsafe levels.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/16_40.html

Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary, Yukio Edano says the level of radiation detected about 20 kilometers from the quake-damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant does not pose an immediate health risk.

Edano was referring to a maximum radiation level of 0.33 millisieverts per hour detected by Japan's science ministry on Tuesday evening.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/16_45.html

Here's a link to a story ranking US nuclear plants.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42103936/ns/world_news-asiapacific/

I posted concerns yesterday about the nuclear plant near my home. Then when I turned on the local news I learned that an explosion occured at the local coal plant, causing one death. Very sad. Here's a link.....

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=14254040

Sorry for the OT but I just wished to share with you all.

I am still praying hard each day for the Japanese people. There is no way I can even comprehend the emotions and loss they are experiencing.

wm

Radioactivity Forecast System Down

A computer system that forecasts the spread of radioactivity has not been working due to malfunctioning monitoring posts around a troubled nuclear power plant in quake-hit Fukushima Prefecture.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/16_16.html

more @ link

oh my stars...

mo, but as Texan can I say Bullchit? I dont belive this for a minute...

Hi everybody, Ive just woke on my 1st cup of coffee and playing catch up..

Ive been glued to the news all day, watching tv whilst working from home office, then watching anderson cooper 360 at nite, and flipping thru various news stations..

thanking all of you for the links, etc..

May the gods/goddesses bless the people of Japan and give them strength, healing and watch over them

Emperor hopes people will be kind to each other in overcoming disaster

Province in N.E. China sets up 4 radiation monitoring stations

URGENT: Police eye using water cannon to cool Fukushima No. 4 reactor

BREAKING NEWS: Police eye using water cannon to cool Fukushima's No. 4 reactor

UPDATE 1: Indonesia contributes $2 mil. to Japan for quake relief
Indonesian family donates $782,000 to Japanese quake victims

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/

My morning commentary - It's tought reading through the conflicting reports, I'm with prime minister Kan. "Kan calls for accurate radiation info" A very good call Mr. Kan, lock TEPCO's heels and make them stand at attention, for facts and truth.

Through all the information/misinformation my suspicions are that the #4 reactor holding the used/spend fuel rods in a pond is the major problem in the radiation release from the plant. There are reports of a crack in reactor #3 vessel but remains to be seen.

Besides water cooling #4 spent/rods, I can only assume they will need encased in cement. I'm not sure how that can get done.

Helicopters have been seen flying over a reactor dumping water.

All speculation of course but time will tell. Not too happy with U.S. news sensationalizing the nuclear event including the doom and gloom music sound tracks. In the words of teh pffffffffft...

Just give me the facts ma'am errr mister.

WORD :)

T mobile Makes Calls FREE to JAPAN from March 11 to March 31
Effective immediately:

T-Mobile USA is enabling phone calls to Japan for postpaid customers without charges for international long distance through March 31, 2011, and retroactive to March 11, 2011.

T-Mobile postpaid customers can make Wi-Fi calls to and from Japan free of charge through March 31, 2011, and retroactive to March 11, 2011.
Text (SMS) messaging is also free of charge to and from Japan for T-Mobile postpaid customers through March 31, 2011 and retroactive to March 11, 2011.

AT&T was first-on Monday-March 11th-31st.-Free texts and calls to japan plus U-Verse customers get access to TV Japan through the 17th for free.

Verizon had to immediately one up them and offered free calls and texts from mobiles and residential lines until April 10th.

Not to be beat by Verizon, Sprint matched Verizon with the free calls and texts until April 10th (both retroactive to March 11th).

I was checking local news this morning and found this article.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2011/032011/03152011/613379

Those who live within 10 miles of the North Anna Power Station can obtain free potassium iodide pills from the Health Department.

Dr. Brooke Rossheim, director of the Rappahannock Area Health District, said last night that several people called yesterday about the pills, in the aftermath of the accident this weekend at the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan.

The Health Department office in Spotsylvania, for example, has a fresh supply of 500 pills, Rossheim said. In addition, potassium iodide can be purchased over the counter.

morning....................(((((((((((((((((((((yawn))))))))))))))))))))

ok - got my coffee

read through where I left off

turned TV on

and get this - first thing I hear on TV is some woman reporter talking about how people in the US should not take the iodide pills!!!!!!!

First thing I thought is that this plant blew. But I guess it didn't.

No new news huh?

Good morning, kool-aid drinkin pill poppers! ;)

What did or didn't we learn over night?

Looking for what I learned last night which was lies, mostly lies...

not sure if this was posted yet:

Authorities are struggling to control the situation at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, where the situation in reactors No 3 and No 4 remains fast-moving and perilous.
Reactor 3 is a particular worry – Japan's government said today that there a "possibility" that the reactor's primary containment vessel for radiation had been damaged after steam was seen rising into the air. Attempts to drop water from helicopters was abandoned due to radiation levels. The latest mooted plan involves a police water cannon truck.
Staff dousing reactors with seawater were forced to evacuate part of the building for a period this morning after radiation levels surged. These later receded and staff returned.
French government ministers have urged the country's nationals in Tokyo to leave Japan or else head south in case radiation is blown onto the capital, saying Japanese authorities had "visibly lost control".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/mar/16/japan-nuclear-crisis-tsunami-aftermath-live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth