Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Status #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that JBean. They just talked about that on NG. Before that, they said radiation levels in Dallas have increased, as well, which makes sense considering how the jet stream crosses the US. Guess I'll have to go find info on that now, or at least, try to. :)

Thanks for that JBean. They just talked about that on NG. Before that, they said radiation levels in Dallas have increased, as well, which makes sense considering how the jet stream crosses the US. Guess I'll have to go find info on that now, or at least, try to. :)
The single concern I have as far as radiation goes here in the states is any food that is contaminated and imported here. I think it was in Chernobyl that all the cows feeding in the contaminated pasturelands is what led to a lot of the thyroid cancers and such in children. They have rapidly developing cells and they drink a lot of milk. Bad combo and the worst outcome.
I would not eat anything imported from Japan and that is about the only precaution I will take. I don't think this makes up a lot of our imported food, so it will probably end up being of not much consequence here.jmho of course

The single concern I have as far as radiation goes here in the states is any food that is contaminated and imported here. I think it was in Chernobyl that all the cows feeding in the contaminated pasturelands is what led to a lot of the thyroid cancers and such in children. They have rapidly developing cells and they drink a lot of milk. Bad combo and the worst outcome.
I would not eat anything imported from Japan and that is about the only precaution I will take. jmho of course.

I'm a bit concerned about marine life and seafood. I love my seafood.

Detected in Washington State on March 16-17 but kept under wraps.

http://enenews.com/feds-admit-radioactive-xenon-133-fukushima-detected-washington-days

U.S. officials detected the presence of a radioactive isotope in California on Friday that appeared to come from the Fukushima nuclear-power plant in Japan…U.S. officials say the levels are consistent with their expectations and pose no risk to human health.The Environmental Protection Agency and the Energy Department said in a statement a radiation monitor in Sacramento, Calif., detected minuscule quantities of the radioactive isotope xenon-133. The readings validated similar ones from March 16 and 17 taken from monitors in Washington state, they said. …

Here is the full article from its original source, The Wall Street Journal: I don't see anything about anything being kept under wraps.

Radioactive Isotope Detected in California

snip

"The Environmental Protection Agency and the Energy Department said in a statement a radiation monitor in Sacramento, Calif., detected minuscule quantities of the radioactive isotope xenon-133. The readings validated similar ones from March 16 and 17 taken from monitors in Washington state, they said."

and

"The levels detected in California were about 0.1 disintegrations per second per cubic meter of air, a dose rate equal to one-millionth of what a person normally receives from rocks, bricks, the sun and other natural background sources, the statement said."

lol, if you can lol about any of this......We are out on the deck, bbq'ing, and "apparently" they are "checking" our emergency sirens. You talk about a strange feeling..........

Hey, Teh; I gave up on NG and I'm watching the movie Eight Below. My Golden Retrievers are watching it with me, LOL!

ETA: What neck of the woods are you in, anyway?

East Texas, Tyler area.......Where the pollen is falling like snow....ahhhhh chooo.

I wanted to THANK everyone that has posted links and stuff!! Very much appreciated! :clap:

look for any tsunami warnings. If the quake happened off shore - there might be. Actually might be God's way of putting out that plant for good - KWIM??

I'm hearing about a 7.0 but not finding anything.

I'm looking too - nothing on reuters - I think its a rumor

CNN was where I heard it announced as breaking news

According to here:

http://www.iris.edu/seismon/

there was a 4.8 and a 5.2 today my time last one was 5:09 - but nothing else.

Hold you cursor over the rings and it will give you the data in the box. Its tough because there have been so many in that area but its still kinda neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee