Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Status #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
msn.com reporting a survivor pulled from rubble after 8 days...

Anderson Cooper live on CNN now - talking about operation extension cord.

I posted the following to ask CNN to report on this "other" building that is located at this plant site. Curious to see if I get any answer. The below link to video is very informative, but it says nothing of this dry storage facility where this disaster is taking place. Spelling errors corrected...LOL.

I have seen a diagram on the web of a separate spent fuel rod storage building being there, but it has the label of DRY storage. I want CNN to report on this and I'd like to know if true, the condition of that building, what and if any damage, and any other info they can provide. What, if any, is the danger there. **The building is located NE of the reactors and just E of the administrative office. Sorry no link, but if google....you can find it.
Thank you.

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2011/03/18/tsr.snow.fuel.rods.stored.cnn

ETA: Way to go CNN.....telling all the terrorists we have dry storage of these things at all our nuclear facilities. Duh!!!

Anderson Cooper live on CNN now - talking about operation extension cord.

Says diesel generators hooked up to reactors 5 and 6, which is some good news. Oh, but no way to verify that.

:banghead:

0227: Japan has started using a cooling pump at the Fukushima plant's stricken reactor 5, according to several reports quoting the Japanese government. It is thought to be a diesel-powered pump, rather than a device powered by the still-to-be-reconnected electricity supply.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Reactor 1: Fuel rods damaged after explosion last Saturday
Reactor 2: Damage to the core, prompted by a blast on Tuesday, helped prompt raising of the nuclear alert level
Reactor 3: Contains plutonium, core damaged by explosion on Monday; roof blown off building; water level in fuel pools said to be dangerously low
Reactor 4: Hit by explosion on Tuesday, fire on Wednesday; roof blown off building; water level in fuel pools said to be dangerously low
Reactors 5 & 6: Spent fuel pool temperatures way above normal levels

from same link

Every bit of this was caused by the tsunami destoying power to the plant...along with no reliable back up system.

I'll sit on my hands now...........

0227: Japan has started using a cooling pump at the Fukushima plant's stricken reactor 5, according to several reports quoting the Japanese government. It is thought to be a diesel-powered pump, rather than a device powered by the still-to-be-reconnected electricity supply.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Wasn't this reactor in line for the plug in later this weekend? Maybe it got too hot? It was in the 60's yesterday, iirc. Nonetheless, I'm glad they've got something on it.

Japan news agency withdraws rescue story
ABC/Reuters

"Japanese news agency Kyodo has withdrawn an earlier story that reported rescuers had found a young man alive in the rubble of the Miyagi prefecture, in the north-east of the country.

The report said the man had been pulled from his partially collapsed home in the earthquake and tsunami devastated town of Kesennuma eight days after the country was hit by a devastating earthquake and tsunami.

The Self Defence Forces identified the survivor as Katsuharu Moriya, who is thought to be in his 20s, but it now appears he had returned to his house a day earlier after spending time in an evacuation centre."

more...

Japan news agency withdraws rescue story
ABC/Reuters

"Japanese news agency Kyodo has withdrawn an earlier story that reported rescuers had found a young man alive in the rubble of the Miyagi prefecture, in the north-east of the country.

The report said the man had been pulled from his partially collapsed home in the earthquake and tsunami devastated town of Kesennuma eight days after the country was hit by a devastating earthquake and tsunami.

The Self Defence Forces identified the survivor as Katsuharu Moriya, who is thought to be in his 20s, but it now appears he had returned to his house a day earlier after spending time in an evacuation centre."

more...

Don't care the circumstances. Glad he is alive.

Anyone know why the one reading near San Francisco/San Jose reads zero? Is it down or is there no radiation right now?

http://radiationnetwork.com/

Oh, aren't these individual people posting the readings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen