Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Status #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rise Against - Help Is On The Way

[video=youtube;JHiqGqoIGII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHiqGqoIGII&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_284098[/video]

Thank you "Buffetoflies".

(What a name in times like these, btw, lol). :)

Radiation found in San Francisco, CA tap water

University of Berkley in California reports that rainwater in San Francisco water has now been detected at levels 18,100% above federal drinking water standards.

This comes despite countless reassurances that no harmful levels of radiation from the Japan nuclear fallout would hit the U.S. from the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). infowars.com

Again, with just about all other news of the radiation hitting the U.S., the news is once again reported to the public over a week after it was first detected. infowars.com

http://www.presstv.ir/usdetail/173052.html

They have lied are lying and will continue to lie as long as they think they can get away with it :(

what are we doing to our environment????

We were out at the beach in San Francisco this weekend and that's all I could think of - what are we doing to this gorgeous body of water and all of the life forms within it? It makes me almost physically ill to think of them contaminating the ocean. Now I see that they are finding high radiation levels in the rain water we just had recently - you really have to wonder where and how this is all going to end- not just with the environment but all of the inhabitants of the earth. Very very sobering...

We were out at the beach in San Francisco this weekend and that's all I could think of - what are we doing to this gorgeous body of water and all of the life forms within it? It makes me almost physically ill to think of them contaminating the ocean. Now I see that they are finding high radiation levels in the rain water we just had recently - you really have to wonder where and how this is all going to end- not just with the environment but all of the inhabitants of the earth. Very very sobering...

And this is just the beginning if they don't get this fixed. I'm still waiting for someone ,anyone to say,what happens if there is a worse case scenario. I feel like things are pretty bad and really would like to be better prepared. Has anyone here had any luck finding anything? Everytime I google it,the only thing I get is,it could be like Chernobyl,but its not that bad. Then they move on not explaining anything. Frankly,I feel as though we are beyond that, at this point,just by the damage we must be doing to the ocean.

And this is just the beginning if they don't get this fixed. I'm still waiting for someone ,anyone to say,what happens if there is a worse case scenario. I feel like things are pretty bad and really would like to be better prepared. Has anyone here had any luck finding anything? Everytime I google it,the only thing I get is,it could be like Chernobyl,but its not that bad. Then they move on not explaining anything. Frankly,I feel as though we are beyond that, at this point,just by the damage we must be doing to the ocean.

I'm concerned, now, about numbers 5 and 6... those buildings are intact, can there be another hydrogen explosion in them? They are decommissioned and storing 100-150 tons of spent fuel in each, iirc. Those blasts get into the jet stream/upper atmosphere.

:confused:

It rained here in Mid Michigan all night and then most of the day. And if you would like, you can take this as a sign of paranoia on my part, but the wildlife is acting funny now. The ducks are choosing to rest on people's front yards, far away from the pools of water that they would normally be in or around. Instead, they are just fluffing up their feathers and settling down an abnormal distance from the water, some of them on the concrete sidewalks, which I know isn't normal.

The deer are out in force, but they aren't eating. In fact, I've seen twice as many deer as I would normally see in one night, but instead of having their heads down and grazing, they have their heads up and seem to be sniffing the air, as if that makes sense.

I saw a lot of birds, but they seem afraid to land, and I haven't seen even one bathing in a puddle, even during the warmer part of the day. It was nearly dark, and I didn't see the normal huge flocks that we often see at twilight, they seemed to be flying in smaller groups tonight, and were very quiet.

Call me crazy, I probably am, but I think they know.

Today, EPA released its latest RadNet results, which include the first results for drinking water. Drinking water samples from two locations, Boise, Idaho and Richland, Washington, showed trace amounts of Iodine-131 – about 0.2 picocuries per liter in each case. An infant would have to drink almost 7,000 liters of this water to receive a radiation dose equivalent to a day’s worth of the natural background radiation exposure we experience continuously from natural sources of radioactivity in our environment.
http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/0/f118f3b38ec3748d8525786900020035?OpenDocument
Full current EPA statement at link.

Experts warn that small amounts of radioactive particles from Japan's stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant will be blown into the Korean Peninsula around Thursday.
http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/04/05/2011040500513.html
Heads up, Korea. Coming at ya.

The Washington Department of Health took readings over the weekend of air in Washington, and scientists said they found no radioactive iodine or cesium in our atmosphere.
Health department officials said that while radioactive iodine and cesium was detected, trace amounts could be found later.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/27428983/detail.html
That's a bit wishy-washy, if you ask me.

Continued monitoring indicates the island's air and water is safe, that's the word out of Guam Homeland Security and Civil Defense. Since sensors were installed last month to monitor radiation the levels the results continue to fall within normal levels.
http://www.kuam.com/story/14382046/2011/04/04/reports-note-guam-safe-from-radiation
When I was a kid I used to joke that I was moving away to Guam...maybe I should.

The Japanese government neither consulted nor informed its closest neighbor Korea on Monday when it announced a plan to discharge 11,500 tons of contaminated water from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant into the sea.

Tokyo decided to discharge contaminated water with more than 100 times the legal limit of radiation, but even senior Korean government officials had to find out about it through media reports.
http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/04/05/2011040500500.html
That's just not right.

The release of radioactive water is a growing threat to Japan's immediate marine environment, where local seaweed and shellfish in particular can absorb radiation and introduce it into the food chain. But unless far greater quantities are released over the very long term, the danger is likely to be low and mainly confined to the area near the leak, marine experts say.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704587004576242950653122000.html
Please define "very long term." Because in terms of nuclear disasters, this has been very long term already, imo.

Tokyo Electric Power Co Ltd (TEPCO) plans to start paying compensation to those who had to evacuate or suffered other losses due to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant accident before damages have been assessed, the Yomiuri Shimbun newspaper said Tuesday.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/04/us-japan-quake-compensation-idUSTRE7336QV20110404
Wow, that actually resembles some responsibility on Tepco's part. I'm shocked.

Radioactive Water Leaking...7000 Tons Per Hour from Reactor 2, Mark Willacy Reported 4/4/11
[video=youtube;zOovoyME2Qo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOovoyME2Qo[/video]

Thanks again to everyone posting links to current news.

I am really torn about posting what the ex nuclear engineer told us last week about worse case scenario details. Keep in mind that we do not even know if he was credible. And I know and respect Websleuths position on rumors!! Ha!

I wish we had a private thread; I can only post now from a phone and don't have the options available to pm individuals or I would do that.

If I did repeat what he told us, is there a way we can get confirmation from a "credible" person on whether this is possible or not?

Such a sad sad state, but again, don't get pulled down in the undertow. This is an opportunity to seriously consider some of the most recent research that says people can affect outcomes by unity of intentions and also the very hopeful research that shows the ability of thought to affect DNA. This may be part of our future solution, after putting a stop globally to nuclear energy and weapons and all manner of actions that are killing our earth.

So what are your thoughts about whether I should discuss here what we were told about worse case scenario? Soooo torn.

Thanks again to everyone posting links to current news.

I am really torn about posting what the ex nuclear engineer told us last week about worse case scenario details. Keep in mind that we do not even know if he was credible. And I know and respect Websleuths position on rumors!! Ha!

I wish we had a private thread; I can only post now from a phone and don't have the options available to pm individuals or I would do that.

If I did repeat what he told us, is there a way we can get confirmation from a "credible" person on whether this is possible or not?

Such a sad sad state, but again, don't get pulled down in the undertow. This is an opportunity to seriously consider some of the most recent research that says people can affect outcomes by unity of intentions and also the very hopeful research that shows the ability of thought to affect DNA. This may be part of our future solution, after putting a stop globally to nuclear energy and weapons and all manner of actions that are killing our earth.

So what are your thoughts about whether I should discuss here what we were told about worse case scenario? Soooo torn.

I'd just state it, at this point, I think WS's has very few true verified experts on nuclear technology, and with the differing accounts and statements in the media, and because this crisis is out of control on a large scale with the outcome pretty much unforeseen, everything is rumor and conjecture, at this point,. My post above regarding the wildlife in my area is nothing but personal observation, so I don't see why your observations and the acknowledgement of someone else's opinion would be against the rules. We are all just stating our opinions on what we think could happen here, and that includes the experts. You should be fine, just out with it. :) We can take it. Most of us probably already know.

If his scenario involves recognizable science as it applies to this disaster, then I'd go ahead and state the opinion. jMo

It's like I said before, back when this first started...

The imagined problem can be worse than the actual problem.
The governments are doing a disservice to the people by not providing facts.

How many times have we hidden things from small children and they imagine the worst? Worse than the truth?

It CAN be that bad this time? Maybe. Maybe it can or maybe it is.

I can take it, i'm sure others can as well...
I already believe that in 2 or 3 generations just from the exposure we've had already that we're looking at massive birth defects not in just in our wildlife..but in humans as well..
Higher cancers.. I think the radiation and chemicals will just continue to circulate around and around our planet even once the plant is entombed. What has happened will continue to happen forever.
MOO and all that good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member