Jason Wishert Has Threatened My Family.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tricia,
I'm guessing that this person believes that Websleuths is worth $$$, hence this very strange letter... Two phrases stand out : " I will continue my retaliative campaign until my death " and " Everything you hold dear will be a target of mine " ... Highly disturbing,threatening language. And,this is if you don't ante up that 743,000...

I am sorry that you have been threatened in this fashion. Definately I would involve LE. It's also an interesting turn of events IMO.

Tricia, please know there are so many of us who will keep you and your family in our prayers. I'm so very sorry that you had to experience this.

I am left with many thoughts but too baffled to find a way to express them. One thing I do know is that Jason Wishert has done more to hurt his image than any third party could have possibly done. Tricia has worked hard to cultivate a vibrant and active but also respectful community here. Why Mr. Wishert chose WS and Tricia to take his anger out onto is beyond me.

And one word I keep returning to in reading that e-mail is "troubling." He attaches "legally" to his threats, but when he writes about retaliating on "you and your family," he's certainly going beyond that.

Yes, that part of his letter is very threatening and I hope Tricia that you contact the authorities. This does not sound like something someone stable would write.

Seven-hundred forty-three THOUSAND dollars.

dr.evil.jpg

Where on earth did he get that figure?

Anyway--it's a shame that this case about Kyron has evolved into this... mess. I hope that Mr. Wishert realizes the futility of his threats and drops his silliness.

What anout Seven-hundred forty-three THOUSAND dollars? I didn't see that reference anywhere. TIA!

:waitasec:

Me thinks JW and JW alone is responsible for his situation.

Seven-hundred forty-three THOUSAND dollars.

dr.evil.jpg

Where on earth did he get that figure?
Maybe the astounding $743,000 figure was his fee to have his long letters proofread and all his grammar mistakes corrected? His grammar in his previous letters was just atrocious!

Maybe the astounding $743,000 figure was his fee to have his long letters proofread and all his grammar mistakes corrected? His grammar in his previous letters was just atrocious!

Well, he should have gotten some help with proofing it since he posted that letter exactly as it appeared in the Oregonian on another web forum just days before it was sent to the Oregonian.

What anout Seven-hundred forty-three THOUSAND dollars? I didn't see that reference anywhere. TIA!

Hi, gitana... he said this in his letter:

Once I begin my retaliation upon you, the only way I'll stop is for you to remove my name and all references to my family entirely from all your websites, publish an apology, and pay me the sum of $743,000.00 in damages.

Why wasn't he upset earlier? All these questions will come into play, but I would worry of course. He released that lengthy bio of DeDe LOL. $$$ Good grief, disgusting! Many people at that time, made comments he wanted his 15 mins. of fame. Won't fly Tricia!!!! Being in business myself it is always a worry of some kind of possible suit, but he is just blowing smoke IMO. I know you won't fall for it of course! CRAPS, everyone thinks your a millionaire when your self-employed! He has no case!!!

I am left with many thoughts but too baffled to find a way to express them. One thing I do know is that Jason Wishert has done more to hurt his image than any third party could have possibly done. Tricia has worked hard to cultivate a vibrant and active but also respectful community here. Why Mr. Wishert chose WS and Tricia to take his anger out onto is beyond me.

And one word I keep returning to in reading that e-mail is "troubling." He attaches "legally" to his threats, but when he writes about retaliating on "you and your family," he's certainly going beyond that.

You are right on. He thinks because he attaches the word "legally" that it makes it legal whatever he wants to do. It does not. And his view of the legal world is not "on par" with what most of us feel is the correct view. In my opinion.

Thank you for all your words of encouragement. I will keep you posted.

:waitasec:

Me thinks JW and JW alone is responsible for his situation.

Absolutely no question.

That's why I know there is nothing to worry about legally. Nothing at all.

The only thing that concerns me is the language he uses when decribing what he will do to my family.

I get weird letters and such all the time. I get people threatening to sue me all the time. This is totally different.

The investigators in the Kyron Case need to see this letter IMO.

All of my love Tricia you know we mods stand behind you as well as your WS family. xoxoxo

Well, he should have gotten some help with proofing it since he posted that letter exactly as it appeared in the Oregonian on another web forum just days before it was sent to the Oregonian.
Here is another "elementary" letter that he sent to the Oregonian. He clearly slept through the 75 hours of elementary, middle school and high school classes on the topic of writing a personal letter. I really enjoyed his "interpretation" of a letter closing.
http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=9027

He is a few fries short of a happy meal. I'm glad you filed a police report, Tric.

Websleuths has been very fair to Mr. W. I am not a "volume" poster, but I do volume reading. Many other sites have invaded many facets of this man's life. For an "almost" college graduate at 30 or 40 something, I think that he is not showing a great deal of integrity or responsibility for his own decisions. MOO...

BTW, I wonder if he selected to address Tricia and Websleuths because it is one of the few financially successful and, also, most successful of the crime discussion forums.

I think Tricia is very wise to be in contact with both her attorney and LE. The fact that Mr. W's "lawyer" hasn't heard of him is troubling. Has it been confirmed that "the" JW wrote the emails? MOOOOOOOOOO.... IMOO and all of that! (BTW, I do think that Tricia probably checked this out.)

Speaking only for myself, I certainly could care less if you removed every post that even remotely referenced JW. No great loss, imho.

I can also certainly understand your refusal to meet his demand. It is the principle involved (you have done nothing wrong) and the need not to set precedent.

I am sorry that you find yourself in this position, Tricia. I know it comes with the territory, but it still "bites."

Hi, gitana... he said this in his letter:

Once I begin my retaliation upon you, the only way I'll stop is for you to remove my name and all references to my family entirely from all your websites, publish an apology, and pay me the sum of $743,000.00 in damages.

IANAL, but that sounds like a threat of extortion to me.

Websleuths has been very fair to Mr. W. I am not a "volume" poster, but I do volume reading. Many other sites have invaded many facets of this man's life. For an "almost" college graduate at 30 or 40 something, I think that he is not showing a great deal of integrity or responsibility for his own decisions. MOO...

BTW, I wonder if he selected to address Tricia and Websleuths because it is one of the few financially successful and, also, most successful of the crime discussion forums.

I think Tricia is very wise to be in contact with both her attorney and LE. The fact that Mr. W's "lawyer" hasn't heard of him is troubling. Has it been confirmed that "the" JW wrote the emails? MOOOOOOOOOO.... IMOO and all of that! (BTW, I do think that Tricia probably checked this out.)

I did check it out as much as I could. Without seeing his driver's license it's impossible to say 100 percent but I am as sure as I can be.

IDK, but I think my whole question is WHY did this guy write this letter at all? I wonder if he has a mysterious black box that talks to him and tells him to do things like this?

Wow, when I read the very wordy letter he wrote a while back about his relationship with DDS I just thought it was written by someone who might be a bit out there. I may need to re-evaluate my original thoughts.

Stay safe.

ETA: It just occurred to me how ironic it is that he posted/wrote some less than flattering things about DDS, insinuating that he thought she should be looked into further concerning Kyron's disappearance. And sent his opinions to the press to make sure everyone saw it. What is that old saying? Something about a goose and gander....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61
Back