Jason Young to get new trial #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a local too and lived close to Michelle when this slaughter took place. I also know a little about the law having come from a family of attorneys and judges......none of which are involved or related to this case. Since I've been close to this case since it's inception, I've also discussed various things with familly members.

Much respect was given to Judge Stephens for his integrity and professionalism. Much respect was given to the trial and the way it was handled by both Judge Stephens and the DA's office. Much respect was given to LE and their handling of this case, especially with JY making himself 110% unavailable. My relatives feel JY is exactly where he should be and feel it is an absolute shame the State even has to deal with him again.

For what it's worth, they also feel we'll have a third trial unless there is a plea which is doubtful he'll even take.

I'm not saying he's innocent. I just don't think the State proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Sometimes, when you know the parties, you just know or have a gut feeling that someone did it. But the DA needs to be able to prove they did it beyond a reasonable doubt.

If there is even a 1% chance he didn't do it, then more investigation needs to be done. It would be nice if everyone was raised to admit when they did something wrong and take responsibility for their actions. And, I just think a lot of the witnesses testified to hearsay. And, they used the fact that he wouldn't talk to LE against him. That is our constitutional right. It shouldn't be used against us as a sign of guilt.

I'm a local too and lived close to Michelle when this slaughter took place. I also know a little about the law having come from a family of attorneys and judges......none of which are involved or related to this case. Since I've been close to this case since it's inception, I've also discussed various things with familly members.

Much respect was given to Judge Stephens for his integrity and professionalism. Much respect was given to the trial and the way it was handled by both Judge Stephens and the DA's office. Much respect was given to LE and their handling of this case, especially with JY making himself 110% unavailable. My relatives feel JY is exactly where he should be and feel it is an absolute shame the State even has to deal with him again.

For what it's worth, they also feel we'll have a third trial unless there is a plea which is doubtful he'll even take.

As well, many in the legal community disagree with the way the investigation was handled by LE, the way the prosecutors resorted to unlawful tactics to "win" and the Judge's unprofessionalism when he expressed his personal opinions after the verdict was read.

from this same article "Almost twice as many
innocent callers (67 percent) in
this study asked for help for the
victim than did guilty callers
(34 percent).

DISPATCHER: 911 State your emergency

MEREDITH: I need an ambulance. It’s an emergency.

DISPATCHER: What address are you at Ma’am?

MEREDITH: Um Birchleaf…5108 Birchleaf Road

DISPATCHER: Okay and your phone number?

MEREDITH: Oh my God

DISPATCHER: Ma’am, what’s your phone number in case I lose you

MEREDITH: Um…(deleted)…hang on. Let me look at the phone. (deleted)

DISPATCHER: Alright, what’s the problem. Tell me exactly what happened.

MEREDITH: Um…I…I…I think my sister’s dead.

MEREDITH ASKED FOR HELP......IMMEDIATELY!!!

Well, of course she asked for help but she reached the conclusion that she was dead having not even approached the body (another red flag). In the overall content of the call, many red flags are obvious. This is based on a 911 call analysis used by the FBI. This isn't my opinion, just stating that there are several red flags.

One of the reasons MF is pointed to is because I think most people concede this murder was an inside job, done by someone who knew and had a lot of emotion against the victim. 30+ blows to the head was not necessary to disable a sleeping petite woman. That's overkill. No forced entry, no theft of valuables other than MY's ring that was on her hand, maybe a wedding ring of JY, and a drawer in a jewelry box. Allegedly some cash that had been stashed somewhere in JY's closet. Purse/wallet/electronics/other valuables untouched. The toddler child unharmed and had been attended to. No insurance claim was ever filed for what was "stolen."

Since JY cannot be the murderer, for whatever reason, then they are left to try and find someone else to point to since it cannot be JY and obviously was an inside job--meaning the person knew the victim and had access. MF becomes a convenient target because she was close to the victim and was the person to find the victim and call 911. That immediately, in some people's minds, makes her a suspect. Nevermind the fact that MF was called more than once to go over to the Young's house both by JY and his momma to get an "ebay printout" that was printed the night before at the same time as an online map and only the map was taken by the husband. No, that doesn't matter. MF is seen as the perp because it just can't be JY.

And, to add fuel to that bonfire, an eye witness driving by claims to have seen a woman with "bushy hair" in a "soccer mom type van," leaving that driveway at 5:30am that morning. That means the woman had to be MF. The witness cannot be mistaken or have gotten mixed up or saw something on a different morning; no, she has to be correct and therefore that makes her a most credible witness, upon which this case should be determined.

Everything else that happened is merely a coincidence and should not be considered as anything that implicates JY.

The person who finds the body is typically investigated as a suspect. No one is creating any case against MF, simply noting the anomalies associated with her story, the odd 911 call, the condition of the child, possible staging, the dog, and yes, a description from a witness plus the fact that she was visibly out at 4AM. Did anyone verify her whereabouts after she left Sheetz? I never heard any verification of her timeline but they sure looked closely at JY's. I think it's unfair to JY to suggest that only he could have cleaned up the child when another relative was right there.

As well, many in the legal community disagree with the way the investigation was handled by LE, the way the prosecutors resorted to unlawful tactics to "win" and the Judge's unprofessionalism when he expressed his personal opinions after the verdict was read.

I'm quite sure JY attorneys feel this way.....after all they are being paid to do so.......

I'm not sure how incidents that are totally unrelated can even be considered as "quirky coincidences." Perhaps a younger juror without an education may fall for that but this entire jury must fall into that category. Makes no sense to me. If I had been on the jury, I would not have agreed to a guilty verdict in this case. There was so much submitted that I thought was an insult to the jurors' intelligence. The only coincidence that bugs me is that there are at least three cases all in the same geographic area that require new trials.

LE had a theory that Daddy did it and the theory required proof Daddy left the hotel and returned to North Carolina. If it were not for the fact that Daddy's car had proof he returned to the hotel (newspaper and hotel receipt slipped under the door) the prosecutor would not have gone to so much trouble trying to position totally unrelated things as "coincidences."

JMO

But they're not unrelated.

But they're not unrelated.

I don't find an unknown print on a hotel security camera or a description that doesn't match JY to be related to "JY." That's not a leap I will make.

Next trial for both Cooper and Young, the jury pool will be well-aware of the reason there is a need for a retrial and the mistakes that were made. I doubt the jury will be willing to be so gullible.

JMO

I don't find an unknown print on a hotel security camera or a description that doesn't match JY to be related to "JY." That's not a leap I will make.

One would have to believe that he planned everything, down to the minute, wore gloves, etc, and it all worked out perfectly. If you are in a rage, you are not going to think of every little detail, murder your wife and then be calm as a cucumber afterward. You'd be running on adrenaline and you would make a mistake.

Someone knows something...how they keep this stuff to themselves and are able to live with the fact that they murdered someone is beyond me. Though, I really don't understand the psyche of some people.

This whole case is about circumstantial evidence, hearsay, violation of constitutional rights and prejudicial testimony. I love the Judge and have a great deal of respect for him. Unfortunately, errors were made to JY's benefit. And, if he is innocent, then God is making a way for him. If he is guilty, God will make a way for that too.

The next jury, if there is a 3rd trial and he doesn't get and accept a plea bargain, will also go through voir dire and people who have a bias in the case or have a preconceived opinion, and/or have followed this case, will be excused, just like what is done during other voir dires. In the end a jury is comprised of people both sides agreed to keep after questioning.

It's interesting. Everything MF did, didn't do, say, or didn't say is suspicious and raises red flags. Everything JY did, didn't do, say, didn't say is normal and acceptable. Yet only one of those people refused to cooperate in any way, and at any time, into the investigation into MY's murder. Only one of those people were wholly uninterested in MY's killer ever being apprehended. The one who cooperated and hid nothing is seen as the suspicious one. That's about as unbalanced a view as possible, not even close to objective. It's bizarre, actually.

One would have to believe that he planned everything, down to the minute, wore gloves, etc, and it all worked out perfectly. If you are in a rage, you are not going to think of every little detail, murder your wife and then be calm as a cucumber afterward. You'd be running on adrenaline and you would make a mistake.

One would not have to believe anything. One only has to look at the case and follow the testimony. Clearly it wasn't a perfect murder and everything did not go right for JY. Lots of things did go right. And some did not. He got arrested and convicted. A 3rd jury may well see the evidence and conclude he did it too.

I have trouble with that viewpoint - that only a spouse would commit a brutal murder. There are random murders and non-spousal murders. They do happen. Michael Morton spent 25 years in prison for the murder of his wife but he was innocent all along...it was a random attack.

There's another recent case - Russ Faria in Missouri. He was convicted but it's obvious he is innocent. He was only convicted because he was married to the victim.

His keycard data shows that he only entered his room once during the whole stay. He claims that when he went outside to "smoke a cigar" he left the door ajar in his room and placed a rock to keep the exit door from closing. Oh and then the surveillance video directed right at that door just happened to get unplugged during that time by some kids who were coincidentally pulling pranks at that exact moment?? or something ....

Seriously, why in the world would a hotel guest who has a card key leave their own door ajar and prop open the exit door to go smoke a cigar? That is nonsensical. I think he checked in, went to his room to activate the key card and change clothes,came around behind the stairwell camera and unplugged it and never went back in that room again.

Actually I would.... My husband has...

Someone knows something...how they keep this stuff to themselves and are able to live with the fact that they murdered someone is beyond me. Though, I really don't understand the psyche of some people.

This whole case is about circumstantial evidence, hearsay, violation of constitutional rights and prejudicial testimony. I love the Judge and have a great deal of respect for him. Unfortunately, errors were made to JY's benefit. And, if he is innocent, then God is making a way for him. If he is guilty, God will make a way for that too.

I lost all respect for the Judge when, at the end of the trial, he pronounced it a case of domestic violence. There is nothing about Michelle's murder that reflects domestic violence. Even the therapist admitted Michelle told her Jason was never physically violent with her. The incident with the girlfriend and the ring wasn't a reflection of domestic violence, it was the reflection of alcohol consumption. Jason didn't isolate Michelle from her friends or her family, didn't try to control her, didn't restrict her spending or in any way fit the profile of an abusive husband. Their verbal arguments were not one-sided nor were they behind closed doors. There was no evidence he manipulated Michelle, threatened her or coerced her.

Children the age of CY are emotionally affected when they witness violence against their mother by their father. CY didn't display a single sign she had been exposed to violence.

The Judge's ignorance about domestic violence astounds me. For that reason, I'm not going to sing his praises.

JMO

I think it would be easier to count who hasn't done it. Anybody who is going to be carrying something back into the room is going to do it to avoid the hassle of keeping one hand free for the key card.

JMO

I lost all respect for the Judge when, at the end of the trial, he pronounced it a case of domestic violence. There is nothing about Michelle's murder that reflects domestic violence. Even the therapist admitted Michelle told her Jason was never physically violent with her. The incident with the girlfriend and the ring wasn't a reflection of domestic violence, it was the reflection of alcohol consumption. Jason didn't isolate Michelle from her friends or her family, didn't try to control her, didn't restrict her spending or in any way fit the profile of an abusive husband. Their verbal arguments were not one-sided nor were they behind closed doors. There was no evidence he manipulated Michelle, threatened her or coerced her.

Children the age of CY are emotionally affected when they witness violence against their mother by their father. CY didn't display a single sign she had been exposed to violence.

The Judge's ignorance about domestic violence astounds me. For that reason, I'm not going to sing his praises.

JMO

The judge is not ignorant about domestic violence. He was convicted of murdering his wife - that is domestic homicide, the ultimate extreme of domestic violence. His comments were entirely appropriate after the verdict.

And while JY may have never hit or choked MY before he murdered her, there was plenty of testimony that he was in fact abusive, that he controlled her, that he controlled finances and her access to resources, that he carried on multiple affairs, that he tried to pressure her into having an abortion, that he threatened her, that abused alcohol and embarrassed and humiliated her in front of friends, that he was sexually coercive, and that he drover her down an embankment into a river when she was pregnant, among many other things.

There was also testimony from an ex girlfriend about him physically assaulting her and threatening her and destroying her property.

This guy reminds me so much of Scott Peterson.

This guy is a classic abuser.

I've used my shoe before when I couldn't find a rock. The fact that a rock propped in a door was used as evidence against him was a huge reach. I've been outside the hotel, smoking, door propped open with a rock, and some other people going into the hotel walk in the door, let the rock drop and let the door shut. Inconsiderate people.
And the thought that JY would've depended on a rock to remain in place for 6 hours is ridiculous.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

Do you think any of these are related to Jason Young and the murder of Michelle:

• The hotel cameras that could have exonerated Jason Young (or confirmed his absence from the hotel) happened to be unplugged and subsequently pointed to the ceiling 20 minutes after Jason checked in and at a time when he says he was going to his car to get his laptop charger
  • That the door that Jason Young acknowledged using and propping open was still propped open in the wee hours of the next morning
  • That he left his door ajar and his entries into his room could not be recorded - at least twice. If not for this quirky coincidence, he could have proved he was in his room the whole night - or it could have been established that he was not in his room that night
  • That JY printed out ebay auctions for auctions that expired while he was away, left them on the printer and called Meredith three times that day to ask her to retrieve them - apparently with great urgency
  • That he called his mother 28 times, called Meredith 3 times about a ridiculous ebay printout, called Michelle Money several times but didn't call his wife
  • That JY was not seen on any surveillance video of the Hampton Inn breakfast area the entire morning, even though he claims to have had continental breakfast there.
  • That he expected to be awarded $4 million from life insurance
  • That he was late to this big important sales meeting that he was handling solo for the first time
  • That he owned a pair of shoes that matched the the very uncommon tread and size of a print left at the murder scene
  • That the size 12 shoes with the rare tread that he "loved" had somehow vanished, perhaps mistakenly given to charity by his wife. The shoes were only a year old at the time of the murder
  • That he smoked a cigar on that particular night, but none of his friends ever saw him smoke a cigar before, and there were no cigar butts found in the area where he claimed he was smoking outside, while the temp was 34 degrees and strong wind gusts -- without any kind of outerwear.

I could go on but let's start with those. Do you think any of those quirky coincidences are related at all to Jason Young's alibi when his pregnant wife was murdered?

The judge is not ignorant about domestic violence. He was convicted of murdering his wife - that is domestic homicide, the ultimate extreme of domestic violence. His comments were entirely appropriate after the verdict.

And while JY may have never hit or choked MY before he murdered her, there was plenty of testimony that he was in fact abusive, that he controlled her, that he controlled finances and her access to resources, that he carried on multiple affairs, that he tried to pressure her into having an abortion, that he threatened her, that abused alcohol and embarrassed and humiliated her in front of friends, that he was sexually coercive, and that he drover her down an embankment into a river when she was pregnant, among many other things.

There was also testimony from an ex girlfriend about him physically assaulting her and threatening her and destroying her property.

This guy reminds me so much of Scott Peterson.

This guy is a classic abuser.

imo, JY is not a classic abuser. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. There are actual studies and profiles that exist to help educate and increase awareness. The Judge should take advantage of the multitude of available resources to become better informed. After he brushes up on the law, of course. His poor legal decisions are why JY is getting a new trial.

There was no evidence whatsoever that Jason was ever physically abusive to Michelle. The therapist said Jason had never been physically abusive. No evidence he controlled Michelle. She had a career, plenty of friends. No isolation. There was evidence the car accident was just that.

That's my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member