Jason Young to get new trial #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used my shoe before when I couldn't find a rock. The fact that a rock propped in a door was used as evidence against him was a huge reach. I've been outside the hotel, smoking, door propped open with a rock, and some other people going into the hotel walk in the door, let the rock drop and let the door shut. Inconsiderate people.
And the thought that JY would've depended on a rock to remain in place for 6 hours is ridiculous.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

It is ridiculous for a number of reasons. No smoking in a hotel means just that. I doubt you or Jason are the first, last or only smokers who have taken a break and propped the door.

Do you think any of these are related to Jason Young and the murder of Michelle:

• The hotel cameras that could have exonerated Jason Young (or confirmed his absence from the hotel) happened to be unplugged and subsequently pointed to the ceiling 20 minutes after Jason checked in and at a time when he says he was going to his car to get his laptop charger
  • That the door that Jason Young acknowledged using and propping open was still propped open in the wee hours of the next morning
  • That he left his door ajar and his entries into his room could not be recorded - at least twice. If not for this quirky coincidence, he could have proved he was in his room the whole night - or it could have been established that he was not in his room that night
  • That JY printed out ebay auctions for auctions that expired while he was away, left them on the printer and called Meredith three times that day to ask her to retrieve them - apparently with great urgency
  • That he called his mother 28 times, called Meredith 3 times about a ridiculous ebay printout, called Michelle Money several times but didn't call his wife
  • That JY was not seen on any surveillance video of the Hampton Inn breakfast area the entire morning, even though he claims to have had continental breakfast there.
  • That he expected to be awarded $4 million from life insurance
  • That he was late to this big important sales meeting that he was handling solo for the first time
  • That he owned a pair of shoes that matched the the very uncommon tread and size of a print left at the murder scene
  • That the size 12 shoes with the rare tread that he "loved" had somehow vanished, perhaps mistakenly given to charity by his wife. The shoes were only a year old at the time of the murder
  • That he smoked a cigar on that particular night, but none of his friends ever saw him smoke a cigar before, and there were no cigar butts found in the area where he claimed he was smoking outside, while the temp was 34 degrees and strong wind gusts -- without any kind of outerwear.

I could go on but let's start with those. Do you think any of those quirky coincidences are related at all to Jason Young's alibi when his pregnant wife was murdered?

You have a lot of this wrong, I'll get back to you after the weekend! :)

It is ridiculous for a number of reasons. No smoking in a hotel means just that. I doubt you or Jason are the first, last or only smokers who have taken a break and propped the door.

Of course, but then they removed the prop when they return inside. The hotel worker said he had never seen a door left propped open like that the entire 3+ years he had worked there - so let's not act like this is nothing.

Of course, but then they removed the prop when they return inside. The hotel worker said he had never seen a door left propped open like that the entire 3+ years he had worked there - so let's not act like this is nothing.

Actually it is nothing. A hotel worker not seeing it doesn't mean it never happens.

Well, of course she asked for help but she reached the conclusion that she was dead having not even approached the body (another red flag). In the overall content of the call, many red flags are obvious. This is based on a 911 call analysis used by the FBI. This isn't my opinion, just stating that there are several red flags.

Don't you think Michelle looked dead after being slaughtered 7+ hours prior????

It's interesting. Everything MF did, didn't do, say, or didn't say is suspicious and raises red flags. Everything JY did, didn't do, say, didn't say is normal and acceptable. Yet only one of those people refused to cooperate in any way, and at any time, into the investigation into MY's murder. Only one of those people were wholly uninterested in MY's killer ever being apprehended. The one who cooperated and hid nothing is seen as the suspicious one. That's about as unbalanced a view as possible, not even close to objective. It's bizarre, actually.

This is perhaps the BEST post of late!!!! :)

Thank you Madeleine!!!

Do you think any of these are related to Jason Young and the murder of Michelle:

• The hotel cameras that could have exonerated Jason Young (or confirmed his absence from the hotel) happened to be unplugged and subsequently pointed to the ceiling 20 minutes after Jason checked in and at a time when he says he was going to his car to get his laptop charger
  • That the door that Jason Young acknowledged using and propping open was still propped open in the wee hours of the next morning
  • That he left his door ajar and his entries into his room could not be recorded - at least twice. If not for this quirky coincidence, he could have proved he was in his room the whole night - or it could have been established that he was not in his room that night
  • That JY printed out ebay auctions for auctions that expired while he was away, left them on the printer and called Meredith three times that day to ask her to retrieve them - apparently with great urgency
  • That he called his mother 28 times, called Meredith 3 times about a ridiculous ebay printout, called Michelle Money several times but didn't call his wife
  • That JY was not seen on any surveillance video of the Hampton Inn breakfast area the entire morning, even though he claims to have had continental breakfast there.
  • That he expected to be awarded $4 million from life insurance
  • That he was late to this big important sales meeting that he was handling solo for the first time
  • That he owned a pair of shoes that matched the the very uncommon tread and size of a print left at the murder scene
  • That the size 12 shoes with the rare tread that he "loved" had somehow vanished, perhaps mistakenly given to charity by his wife. The shoes were only a year old at the time of the murder
  • That he smoked a cigar on that particular night, but none of his friends ever saw him smoke a cigar before, and there were no cigar butts found in the area where he claimed he was smoking outside, while the temp was 34 degrees and strong wind gusts -- without any kind of outerwear.

I could go on but let's start with those. Do you think any of those quirky coincidences are related at all to Jason Young's alibi when his pregnant wife was murdered?
1) the camera had someone else's fingerprints on it. Where's the hand that JY chopped off someone to leave their fingerprints?

2) you can't expect anyone to believe that a door was propped open for 6 hours. Plus, why would he need that door to be propped open when by the time he would've got back, it would've been unlocked.

3) he left his door ajar for 6 hours, with a hotel clerk coming to his door twice and not noticing it?

5) it was 4 million total. 2 million for JY and 2 million for MY. Everyone knows the spouse is suspect number one and he wouldn't get the money.

6) there was road work and he was working off printed out directions.

7) (my numbers got messed up, sorry.. I'm on mobile) there were three other types of shoes with that same tread. He purchased the shoes a year and a half before the murder. A pair of shoes lasts me a year, so it's not inconceivable that he got rid of them.

9) JY had receipts for cigars, so there is proof that he occasionally purchased a cigar. Is it impossible to believe he occasionally smoked one? I used to smoke cigarettes and I knew people who were disgusted by cigarette smoke, but they enjoyed the occasional cigar. It's not hard to believe someone went outside for a smoke regardless of the weather. I had a buddy drag me out in the snow to share a cigar. And when was the last time the ash trash was emptied?

1) the camera had someone else's fingerprints on it. Where's the hand that JY chopped off someone to leave their fingerprints?

2) you can't expect anyone to believe that a door was propped open for 6 hours. Plus, why would he need that door to be propped open when by the time he would've got back, it would've been unlocked.

3) he left his door ajar for 6 hours, with a hotel clerk coming to his door twice and not noticing it?

5) it was 4 million total. 2 million for JY and 2 million for MY. Everyone knows the spouse is suspect number one and he wouldn't get the money.

7) (my numbers got messed up, sorry.. I'm on mobile) there were three other types of shoes with that same tread. He purchased the shoes a year and a half before the murder. A pair of shoes lasts me a year, so it's not inconceivable that he got rid of them.

9) JY had receipts for cigars, so there is proof that he occasionally purchased a cigar. Is it impossible to believe he occasionally smoked one? I used to smoke cigarettes and I knew people who were disgusted by cigarette smoke, but they enjoyed the occasional cigar. It's not hard to believe someone went outside for a smoke regardless of the weather. I had a buddy drag me out in the snow to share a cigar. And when was the last time the ash trash was emptied?

I think this case is the first where "evidence" is something that is missing that they didn't bother to look for in the first place. lol.

I lost all respect for the Judge when, at the end of the trial, he pronounced it a case of domestic violence. There is nothing about Michelle's murder that reflects domestic violence. Even the therapist admitted Michelle told her Jason was never physically violent with her. The incident with the girlfriend and the ring wasn't a reflection of domestic violence, it was the reflection of alcohol consumption. Jason didn't isolate Michelle from her friends or her family, didn't try to control her, didn't restrict her spending or in any way fit the profile of an abusive husband. Their verbal arguments were not one-sided nor were they behind closed doors. There was no evidence he manipulated Michelle, threatened her or coerced her.

Children the age of CY are emotionally affected when they witness violence against their mother by their father. CY didn't display a single sign she had been exposed to violence.

The Judge's ignorance about domestic violence astounds me. For that reason, I'm not going to sing his praises.

JMO
Exactly my point.

Actually it is nothing. A hotel worker not seeing it doesn't mean it never happens.

Exactly my point - it's one of a list of many quirky coincidences that just happened to occur at the hotel on the one night Jason was staying there on the night his pregnant wife is murdered

Yes, I'm very aware that Jason has an explanation for every single thing - that could be for two reasons: 1) He's innocent, and 2) he tailored all of his explanations with full knowledge of the evidence and 4 years to come up withe the best story he could.

When you have to explain away such a large number of events and circumstances and chalk them all up to coincidences - the explanation becomes so improbable that it can't possibly be true.

Exactly my point - it's one of a list of many quirky coincidences that just happened to occur at the hotel on the one night Jason was staying there on the night his pregnant wife is murdered

A camera without Jason's prints or DNA that's found tilted up not only does not meet my definition of coincidence, it has no relevance to the case. By all means, if the prosecutor wants to use this nonsensical evidence at the next trial, she should go for it. Perhaps the hotel has a spare sink she could toss in the mix of cigars, twigs and cameras.

The two things the Judge allowed as evidence at the second trial not admitted at the first are the same two things the appellate court blew out of the water. Now that meets my definition of coincidence!!

JMO

Yes, I'm very aware that Jason has an explanation for every single thing - that could be for two reasons: 1) He's innocent, and 2) he tailored all of his explanations with full knowledge of the evidence and 4 years to come up withe the best story he could.

When you have to explain away such a large number of events and circumstances and chalk them all up to coincidences - the explanation becomes so improbable that it can't possibly be true.

A coincidence would be him being seen by multiple witnesses and a working surveillance at the gas station in King would be circumstantial evidence that pointed to JY.

A camera without Jason's prints or DNA that's found tilted up not only does not meet my definition of coincidence, it has no relevance to the case. By all means, if the prosecutor wants to use this nonsensical evidence at the next trial, she should go for it. Perhaps the hotel has a spare sink she could toss in the mix of cigars, twigs and cameras.

The two things the Judge allowed as evidence at the second trial not admitted at the first are the same two things the appellate court blew out of the water. Now that meets my definition of coincidence!!

JMO

Oh I think it's one of the most incriminating pieces of evidence - agree it's not a coincidence

Oh I think it's one of the most incriminating pieces of evidence - agree it's not a coincidence

I just don't believe he received a fair trial. I wish the prosecution had a stronger case that removed all reasonable doubt.

I think that if JY had as a priority the important business meeting, he would have booked a room at a hotel much much closer to where that meeting was. He had the entire day off the day before. He could have gotten on the road in the early afternoon and made it to that hotel before dark and would have been close to the meeting. It makes no sense that he stayed home to mow the lawn and print off ebay auctions of coach purses, and left in the evening to stay at a hotel where he would than have several more hours of driving the next morning. I have no reasonable doubt that he planned this murder.

I think that if JY had as a priority the important business meeting, he would have booked a room at a hotel much much closer to where that meeting was. He had the entire day off the day before. He could have gotten on the road in the early afternoon and made it to that hotel before dark and would have been close to the meeting. It makes no sense that he stayed home to mow the lawn and print off ebay auctions of coach purses, and left in the evening to stay at a hotel where he would than have several more hours of driving the next morning. I have no reasonable doubt that he planned this murder.

I don't know. Although I think he could've planned his trip better, I still don't think he planned the murder. I mean, everything wouldn't had to be so well planned out, and he seems fairly intelligent. I think if he planned it, it would've turned out a lot better.

I just don't believe he received a fair trial. I wish the prosecution had a stronger case that removed all reasonable doubt.

I agree that he did not get a fair trial, and the court was right to overturn the verdict and clear the way for a new trial.

I think the state has enough evidence. They just need to present it well at trial.

I don't know. Although I think he could've planned his trip better, I still don't think he planned the murder. I mean, everything wouldn't had to be so well planned out, and he seems fairly intelligent. I think if he planned it, it would've turned out a lot better.

He's not a great planner.

A coincidence would be him being seen by multiple witnesses and a working surveillance at the gas station in King would be circumstantial evidence that pointed to JY.

Yet multiple witnesses saw activity at his home while he was in another state but, hey, please ignore it.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member