Jason Young to get new trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I am reminded of this stuff, the more it is apparent that the jury wasn't impartial. They had their minds made up before the trial even started. They totally ignored evidence that pointed to someone else. This is starting to read like a John Grisham novel.

Evidence leading to someone else... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAA!!!

Good one!

You're right, LaLaw. And I am thankful for being able to hear & speak all kinds of opinions.

My opinion is in large part based on facts that came out in the trials -- both trials. Facts which were not erased in the second trial.

To wit:

• He didn't want to be married.

• He didn't want another child.

• He didn't want to pay child support.

• He had slept with other women during his marriage.

• His wife was running circles around him professionally. In fact, he was failing in each successive job.

• They had money problems.

• Michelle had a nice insurance policy on her life -- for which he knew not to file a claim...

• Nothing was stolen from the house.

• The house did not appear to be ransacked.

• There was no evidence of a break-in.

• Michelle's handbag was sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor -- nothing seemed to be missing.

• J. Young called Kim on a ruse the next day so that she would go to the Young house to get a print-out -- so that she would find his little daughter. Young even had his mother call her with the same story. His mother had never called Kim before.

• His shirt & shoes & pants shown in the motel video near midnight were never found -- they were not left in his motel room; they were not what he was wearing when he reached Kim's house in Fuquay-Varina; they were not in the luggage in the car which was seized by LE when he reached F-V.

• He was identified by Gracie in the gas station/quick pick place at a time when he said he was asleep in the motel room.

• The camera in the stairwell was tampered with twice that night.

• The exit door in the stairwell was jammed open with a rock from outside the room.

• He said he had breakfast in the motel, but he was not seen on the camera in that breakfast room during the time he said he was there.

• He was late for his meeting that he had scheduled the day after the murder.

• The bloody shoe prints in the bedroom -- yes, two sizes -- one was his size.

• "Daddy is spanking Mommy for biting."

• "Daddy did it," is easy to hear (more than once) on the full 911 call Kim placed when she found her sister dead in the master bedroom. ETA: Please Note: This was not entered into evidence in the trial. Please forgive the error.
There's more, but I don't have the time.

We want more, lovely Borndem... (smile)

After watching all of this footage - one item stands out (outside of how good Cummings is) it is the blinking machine exhibit clinic JY put on during cross. Check it out...
Plus, Judge Stephens is a breathe of fresh air.
-G[/

We want more, lovely Borndem... (smile)

After watching all of this footage - one item stands out (outside of how good Cummings is) it is the blinking machine exhibit clinic JY put on during cross. Check it out...

-G[/

Link? Blinking machine?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I do remember the mallet, and I remember that it was dismissed - presumably because there was no blood evidence on the mallet. I also remember that police photographed the blood evidence in the bathroom, but they didn't put a scale in the photos so there was no way to determine the size of the evidence. They had to return months, or perhaps more than a year, later to photograph the bathroom with a scale. They also collected deck boards well after the murder in a search for shoe prints. They also left a tooth at the scene. I also seem to recall comments (from people that packed up the house) that a child's bloody socks and bed sheets were never collected.

If investigators thought that a stranger murdered Michelle, the child's socks and bed sheets could have contained DNA related to the murderer. If investigators thought that the husband murdered Michele, then the socks and sheets would be of no value.

This is a tunnel vision case.

I can't believe otto is so pro intruder!

So I was watching the therapist- Sargent- and she relayed along notes (related, in Carolina speak) but Michelle said they can only communicate via e-mail... has gotten to that point. That's harsh.\

"Do tell what has you convinced, so thoroughly!!"-Phillip Seymour Hoffman, DOUBT (2005)

I'll bite. Let's look at the above list of "evidence":

• No one forced Jason to get married. If he didn't want marriage, he wouldn't have gotten married. This was not a shotgun marriage
  • If Jason didn't want another child, he knew how to prevent that. Instead, he participated in another pregnancy.
  • Where is the evidence to support that Jason's views about child support were any different than anyone else. Has anyone ever met a divorced man that was happy about paying child support?
  • Jason was sleeping around after he was married. Was his wife aware of this? If not, then he was getting away with it, so that doesn't seem to be a reason for murder (cake and eat it too situation).
  • Michelle was building a successful career. That fact does not imply that her husband is guilty of murder. In fact, a lot of men are happy with a wife that contributes financially to the family expenses.
  • Their money problems were so insignificant that they owned a 3000 square foot home and a second investment property. I think many people would be happy with those sorts of "money problems". Divorce would have meant downsizing.
  • Who sells a 4 million dollar life insurance policy to a healthy young mother with one child? That is excessive!
  • There was a theft at the property. Michelle's rings, and some valuable contents from her jewelry box, were missing.
  • Not all thieves throw things on the floor.
  • The garage door was broken and the door to the house was unlocked, so there was no need for evidence of a break in.
  • Michelle's handbag was found where Michelle left it. Apparently the murderer did not want her purse.
  • Young asked his sister-in-law to do him a favor. He had relied on her assistance many times for many different reasons over the years.
  • Shirt, shoes and pants on video at the hotel were not requested by police until a couple of years after the murder.
  • A gas station attendant was shown a picture of Jason well after the murder and said that she recognized him, adding that he is about 5' in height. She has received financial assistance since early childhood for severe brain trauma that interferes with memory.
  • The camera was tampered with, but there is no evidence to connect Jason to the camera.
  • The rock the propped open the door cannot be connected to Jason because he could not make the round trip prior to 6AM, and at 6AM the door was always unlocked. He didn't need to prop the door open for any reason.
  • Do the cameras in the restaurant swivel and cover all seats continuously, or do they focus on an area where someone could pass the camera and not be recorded? There were four screens at the front desk connected to cameras that cycled every 14 seconds. Jason was not seen entering the hotel in the morning even though his room was on the fourth floor and no other cameras were tampered with.
  • He was 30 minutes late for a meeting at a location where he had never been before. There was overpass construction and he made a wrong turn.
  • A shoe print size matches hundreds of thousands of people and is not evidence of anything.
  • The courts reviewed the 911 tape and determined that it was not possible to conclude that the child stated: "daddy did it". If the child made that statement, it would have been presented at trial, but it was not. The "daddy did it" statement was something that was cooked up on discussion forums and which took on a life of its own.

I can't believe otto is so pro intruder!

So I was watching the therapist- Sargent- and she relayed along notes (related, in Carolina speak) but Michelle said they can only communicate via e-mail... has gotten to that point. That's harsh.\

"Do tell what has you convinced, so thoroughly!!"-Phillip Seymour Hoffman, DOUBT (2005)

I don't know what happened, but I'm not at all impressed with the trials. In the first trial, the jury was leaning towards a not guilty verdict, something like 8-4. The judge could have sent them back to work harder on reaching a verdict, but instead decided on a mistrial. I have to wonder if he could see that the jury was moving in a direction that did not agree with his beliefs. In the second trial, we have a situation where inadmissable evidence was presented in court. In my opinion, we have two questionable trials. That concerns me, especially in light of the troubles with the forensic's lab.

In revisiting the evidence, from a different perspective, I can see all sorts of holes in the theory that Jason is guilty. Look at the rock in the door, for example. In what way can the rock be connected to Jason? The door was unlocked by the time Jason would return from murdering his wife, yet the prosecution has presented this as significant evidence. It's significant evidence of nothing when their theory is that he would return after 6AM when the door was unlocked.

I would be more convinced that Jason is guilty if an accomplice could be produced.

• No one forced Jason to get married. If he didn't want marriage, he wouldn't have gotten married. This was not a shotgun marriage
  • If Jason didn't want another child, he knew how to prevent that. Instead, he participated in another pregnancy.
  • Where is the evidence to support that Jason's views about child support were any different than anyone else. Has anyone ever met a divorced man that was happy about paying child support?
  • Jason was sleeping around after he was married. Was his wife aware of this? If not, then he was getting away with it, so that doesn't seem to be a reason for murder (cake and eat it too situation).
  • Michelle was building a successful career. That fact does not imply that her husband is guilty of murder. In fact, a lot of men are happy with a wife that contributes financially to the family expenses.
  • Their money problems were so insignificant that they owned a 3000 square foot home and a second investment property. I think many people would be happy with those sorts of "money problems". Divorce would have meant downsizing.
  • Who sells a 4 million dollar life insurance policy to a healthy young mother with one child? That is excessive!
  • There was a theft at the property. Michelle's rings, and some valuable contents from her jewelry box, were missing.
  • The garage door was broken and the door to the house was unlocked, so there was no need for evidence of a break in.
  • Michelle's handbag was found where Michelle left it. Apparently the murderer did not want her purse.
  • Young asked his sister-in-law to do him a favor. He had relied on her assistance many times for many different reasons over the years.
  • Shirt, shoes and pants on video at the hotel were not requested by police until a couple of years after the murder.
  • A gas station attendant was shown a picture of Jason well after the murder and said that she recognized him, adding that he is about 5' in height. She has received financial assistance since early childhood for severe brain trauma that interferes with memory.
  • The camera was tampered with, but there is no evidence to connect Jason to the camera.
  • The rock the propped open the door cannot be connected to Jason because he could not make the round trip prior to 6AM, and at 6AM the door was always unlocked. He didn't need to prop the door open for any reason.
  • Do the cameras in the restaurant swivel and cover all seats continuously, or do they focus on an area where someone could pass the camera and not be recorded? There were four screens at the front desk connected to cameras that cycled every 14 seconds. Jason was not seen entering the hotel in the morning even though his room was on the fourth floor and no other cameras were tampered with.
  • He was 30 minutes late for a meeting at a location where he had never been before. There was overpass construction and he made a wrong turn.
  • A shoe print size matches hundreds of thousands of people and is not evidence of anything.
  • The courts reviewed the 911 tape and determined that it was not possible to conclude that the child stated: "daddy did it". If the child made that statement, it would have been presented at trial, but it was not. The "daddy did it" statement was something that was cooked up on discussion forums and which took on a life of its own.

Yay!!! Thank you Otto... don't you be shy now (smile). Im watching the crime scene video walk through of the house - the detective, Galloway, has the worst speech impediment ever - worse than Arpad Vass in the CA trial. I'll send the link if you want to check out their crib, nice duds,,,

Looking forward to reviewing your notes, Otto.

Best,
G

>>>>> respect

I remember Josh Dalton on the stand = said the crew thought Michelle got pregnant on purpose- to force- JY to marry her...

+1POINT OTTO (smile)

moving on... to the rest///

It kills me - how can I still be single... I am way better looking than JY, and I just don't get it... maybe its the social anxiety disorder... these poor girls... they get trapped in these relationships... for fear of what is beyond, the unknown, when they could leave and find me - the man of their dreams... funny how life is working.. I.m sorry OT

Yay!!! Thank you Otto... don't you be shy now (smile). Im watching the crime scene video walk through of the house - the detective, Galloway, has the worst speech impediment ever - worse than Arpad Vass in the CA trial. I'll send the link if you want to check out their crib, nice duds,,,

Looking forward to reviewing your notes, Otto.

Best,
G

The camera cannot be connected to Jason, so it's meaningless. The gas station attendant identified a short man, so it's not good evidence. Shoes that were not requested for a couple of years reflects on investigative error. Investigators cannot imply anything about the shoes when they failed to collect them immediately after the murder. Investigators were sloppy in evidence collection, as evidenced by the fact that they left a clearly visible tooth on the floor of the bedroom. What other evidence did they ignore? The hotel room door could not have been unlocked and remain closed when the receipt was slipped under the door and the newspaper hung on the door handle. There is no evidence that the door was rigged to remain closed when this was done, so it cannot be considered. Is there any evidence that clearly connects Jason to the murder?

I'd like to have a look at the video of the house. Maybe we can spot evidence that should have been collected.

Just read all 12 pages of this thread. While I realize that some people believe that certain ponies can poop rainbows, I don't happen to be one of them. After following and watching the first two trials, I really do believe this man is guilty of murdering his wife and their unborn child. (I especially remember the testimony regarding the visit to his "new girlfriend" in Orlando) But it is a moot point, and he will be judged again. I don't have a problem with that...but then, I don't live in North Carolina nor am I a taxpayer there. I not only feel sorry for the people there that have to pay for this...but also for the women who must feel that there is now freedom for men that want to get rid of their wives without paying for a divorce. And before y'all get snarky with me...it is only my opinion.

O/T & *BBM*

Priceless Bama!

The list of reasons of Young's guilt are not correct.

Try as they might the state could never find any financial problems, in fact there was an uncashed check in a substantial amount in a drawer in the bedroom .

Cassidy Young never said Daddy spanked Mommy for biting.
Cassidy Young never identified the other doll as Daddy.
Cassidy Young never said Daddy did it.

No one would be that stupid to increase the value of an insurance policy on someone they planned to kill , ridic, plus it would never be paid out on a murder case anyway.

Michelle and Jason had problems and fought probably just like anyone else but theirs were magnified and in some instances exaggerated after her death,

For Otto, the garage door itself was not broken, it was the garage door opener, but the door leading from the garage to the kitchen was always unlocked.

Also, If I remember right, *Meredith Fisher's keys were found on Michelle's car which led to the police issuing a search warrant for Michelle's Lexus several months later.,

"No one forced Jason to get married. If he didn't want marriage, he wouldn't have gotten married. This was not a shotgun marriage"
>>>>> respect

I remember Josh Dalton on the stand = said the crew thought Michelle got pregnant on purpose- to force- JY to marry her...

+1POINT OTTO (smile)

It kills me - how can I still be single... I am way better looking than JY, and I just don't get it... maybe its the social anxiety disorder... these poor girls... they get trapped in these relationships... for fear of what is beyond, the unknown, when they could leave and find me - the man of their dreams... funny how life is working.. I.m sorry OT

Both men and women have many options today. In fact, many women choose to have a child without marriage. Jason was under no obligation to get married, and neither was Michelle.

>>>>> respect

+1POINT OTTO (smile)

• Love will find you when you least expect it. :seeya:

ty - where did you find day 12 and 13 of the retrial? Found it! WRAL.com - search top right.

A lot of ppl think he is innocent. Hard sell. What about the dog, Mr. G = Jason's dog?

Can't believe this, there is no other party who would have any vested interest in Michelle's death. The 4mm policy is really a bit suspicious. The constant blinking, squirming... awkward... this guy is def exhibiting susp. behavior.

Anyone know where to find the complete first trial? Trying to see his side of things, far from not guily , considering the evidence at this point, Im afraid.

He describes meaningless encounters, events, like looking for a usa today, with substantial detail - why the intense detail, in a cese concerning his wife's murder. Suspicious. Planned content,

Thanks,
G

The $4 milliion policy is suspicious. How did it get that high? Did Michelle's insurance agent (was that Ms Shaad?) recommend that high insurance for a healthy new mom? Was Jason's insurance the same?

It seems really excessive.

All good points, Otto. I think the Daddy Did IT wasn't introduced at trial because it was unknown in what context it was said. Instead, they went with the lame daycare witnesses. But now that the Appeals court has left that line of questioning in, I think the defense will introduce any other of her comments that fall into the excited utterance category.

It is absurd to suggest Jason didn't want to get married when he got married TWICE to Michelle. Or that he didn't want to have children when he created THREE with Michelle and his semen was found on their bed sheets.

They both had good careers and no money problems so the idea he murdered his own son because he didn't want to pay for him defies common sense.

>>>>> respect

+1POINT OTTO (smile)

• Rest assured, the act of getting someone pregnant does not force a guy into marriage.

The list of reasons of Young's guilt are not correct.

Try as they might the state could never find any financial problems, in fact there was an uncashed check in a substantial amount in a drawer in the bedroom .

Cassidy Young never said Daddy spanked Mommy for biting.
Cassidy Young never identified the other doll as Daddy.
Cassidy Young never said Daddy did it.

No one would be that stupid to increase the value of an insurance policy on someone they planned to kill , ridic, plus it would never be paid out on a murder case anyway.

Michelle and Jason had problems and fought probably just like anyone else but theirs were magnified and in some instances exaggerated after her death,

For Otto, the garage door itself was not broken, it was the garage door opener, but the door leading from the garage to the kitchen was always unlocked.

Also, If I remember right, *Meredith Fisher's keys were found on Michelle's car which led to the police issuing a search warrant for Michelle's Lexus several months later.,

BBM. Searching a car months later=A total waste of time. I think all that was established is that they had verbal arguments in front of their friends but that they also walked away from one another rather than escalate the argument. Even the therapist admitted Michelle referenced only verbal abuse, not physical.

Both men and women have many options today. In fact, many women choose to have a child without marriage. Jason was under no obligation to get married, and neither was Michelle.

Yes and whether or not a man marries the mother is irrelevant. If he doesn't have custody he's going to be ordered to pay child support. The mother's income is also considered in child support orders.

The seems to be a spaghetti prosecution and the jury believed everything they hurled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member