Jason Young to get new trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its value goes to helping to make others feel comfortable that someone who is more than willing to subject themselves to questioning at any time, an interrogation, and a polygraph, and if they do all that and pass the polygraph, they are considered someone who isn't trying to hide anything.

Most people (and not just LE) upon hearing someone took and passed a polygraph test tend to take the person off their list of possible suspects. Of course nothing in life is 100% except death & taxes, but we're talking about why someone would be considered a suspect versus what would help eliminate them as a suspect. It does make an impression on people.

While polygraphs may not be admissible in court, there's no denying they have some value and provide some information. A passed polygraph often means innocence in the eyes of the public (rightly or wrongly).

I think its value goes to helping to make others feel comfortable that someone who is more than willing to subject themselves to questioning at any time, an interrogation, and a polygraph, and if they do all that and pass the polygraph, they are considered someone who isn't trying to hide anything.

Most people (and not just LE) upon hearing someone took and passed a polygraph test tend to take the person off their list of possible suspects. Of course nothing in life is 100% except death & taxes, but we're talking about why someone would be considered a suspect versus what would help eliminate them as a suspect. It does make an impression on people.

While polygraphs may not be admissible in court, there's no denying they have some value and provide some information. A passed polygraph often means innocence in the eyes of the public (rightly or wrongly).

Irrelevant to this case. And if you Google search "Meredith Fisher polygraph" or "... lie detector" it brings up this thread, and a sleuthingforjustice thread where someone was citing another case, where there was a polygraph, and comparing it to the Jason Young case.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

Irrelevant to this case. And if you Google search "Meredith Fisher polygraph" or "... lie detector" it brings up this thread, and a sleuthingforjustice thread where someone was citing another case, where there was a polygraph, and comparing it to the Jason Young case.

Agree, Jova, and I wasn't even referring to any specific person, but, there are ways
to beat a polygraph. If someone is an experienced liar or perhaps believe their own lies, then a lie detector is useless in determining the truth.

I found the last line of the article I linked, even more telling than than first.
"For now, the idea of a lie detector may be comforting, the most practical advice is to remain skeptical about any conclusion wrung from a polygraph".

Agree, Jova, and I wasn't even referring to any specific person, but, there are ways
to beat a polygraph. If someone is an experienced liar or perhaps believe their own lies, then a lie detector is useless in determining the truth.

I found the last line of the article I linked, even more telling than than first.
"For now, the idea of a lie detector may be comforting, the most practical advice is to remain skeptical about any conclusion wrung from a polygraph".

Oh, that's what brought up the polygraph talk. I asked the question, "why wasn't MF ever looked at as a suspect?" And someone else stated they thought she'd gone in for a polygraph.

It's not irrelevant to this case at all. There are assertions that "others" (which is code for MY's sister, as one particular example) are either somehow involved or outright did the murder and were not considered by LE during their investigation. There is confusion about why one person might be excluded and someone else not excluded.

There were multiple interviews at LE headquarters for this one particular "other" (that implies someone is being 'investigated' to me, but YMMV) and there may also possibly have been a polygraph taken and passed. If true, that answers the "why" certain others were excluded and are not considered suspects in this particular case. If LE finds the person cooperative, they've opened themselves up to multiple interviews, they've taken a polygraph and passed, and there's no evidence linking them to the murder, then that's why they're not a suspect. Capice?

It's not irrelevant to this case at all. There are assertions that "others" (which is code for MY's sister, as one particular example) are either somehow involved or outright did the murder and were not considered by LE during their investigation. There is confusion about why one person might be excluded and someone else not excluded.

There were multiple interviews at LE headquarters for this one particular "other" (that implies someone is being 'investigated' to me, but YMMV) and there may also possibly have been a polygraph taken and passed. If true, that answers the "why" certain others were excluded and are not considered suspects in this particular case. If LE finds the person cooperative, they've opened themselves up to multiple interviews, they've taken a polygraph and passed, and there's no evidence linking them to the murder, then that's why they're not a suspect. Capice?

There's as much evidence linking MF to the murder as there is linking JY to the murder. Her alibi can't even be verified.

There's even more evidence leaning towards some unknown attacker or attackers than there is to JY. There's even a witness who saw a male and female at the residence at a time JY couldn't have possibly been there.

Really? MF's shoe prints in MY's blood are all over the BR? Remember one of JY's defense attorneys said those rare Orbital size 12 shoes had been given away to Goodwill, while the other defense attorney claimed the shoes were in JY's closet. :confused: (they couldn't even get their stories straight). The other shoe print, in a size 10, does that match MF?

Which one was handed full time custody of CY by JY? Do you really think if JY had any doubt about the innocence of MF he would have handed his precious daughter over to her for custody (when she hadn't even legally asked for that)? I sure don't. I don't know any parent who would do that. JY trusts her; by his very actions of handing custody over, JY shows he believes in MF's innocence.

I'm just saying that there's just as much evidence linking MF to the murder as there is linking JY, which is none.

Good lord seriously? Beating a a dead horse and wasting money.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

I seriously mean no offense to those of you posting for JY's innocence, but Tarheel said what I have been DYING to ask but thought it might be taken wrong.
I wondered if a couple of you actually were people who know JY. Not that is matters, all are welcome here at WS, I just was curious.

Since I am new to this one, and in the process of watching trial 1, I am going to ask a couple questions. I was going to wait to get through the entire trial in case they got answered that way, but what the heyho, might as well put them out here now-

1) Cameras @Hotel-
It is claimed they were unplugged and then plugged back in at 6:30 am.
Does anyone know the time they were UNplugged?
The camera was pushed UP so not facing the door. I heard talk of "kids" doing this in the thread.
Was there evidence kids got into the hotel to do this?

2) JY called Meredith to go get the papers about the handbag off of the printer.
Was Michelle working at this time? If so, why could he have not waited until he got home from his meeting and gotten the papers himself before she got home from work?

3) JY stopped at parents home before going home (before he knew about MY).
His family then told him about MY. It is said they waited before leaving to go to his home, packing bags, etc.
Most people would just GO if they found out a spouse/mate was dead.
Was this explained?

4) How long was it before LE actually physically saw JY?
I ask this because I wonder if there was time for any cuts, bruises, scratches to heal.

5) Was any unknown DNA found at the house tested against any LE or techs who were in the home investigating?

Keep in mind, I am only halfway through MF's testimony, I usually watch a segment each day (or 2). So please excuse if these questions seem like basic knowledge to those of you who have followed since day 1. TIA.

I seriously mean no offense to those of you posting for JY's innocence, but Tarheel said what I have been DYING to ask but thought it might be taken wrong.
I wondered if a couple of you actually were people who know JY. Not that is matters, all are welcome here at WS, I just was curious.

Since I am new to this one, and in the process of watching trial 1, I am going to ask a couple questions. I was going to wait to get through the entire trial in case they got answered that way, but what the heyho, might as well put them out here now-

1) Cameras @Hotel-
The camera was pushed UP so not facing the door. I heard talk of "kids" doing this in the thread.

2) JY called Meredith to go get the papers about the handbag off of the printer.
Was Michelle working at this time? If so, why could he have not waited until he got home from his meeting and gotten the papers himself before she got home from work?

His family then told him about MY. It is said they waited before leaving to go to his home, packing bags, etc.
Was this explained?

I ask this because I wonder if there was time for any cuts, bruises, scratches to heal.

5) Was any unknown DNA found at the house tested against any LE or techs who were in the home investigating?

Keep in mind, I am only halfway through MF's testimony, I usually watch a segment each day (or 2). So please excuse if these questions seem like basic knowledge to those of you who have followed since day 1. TIA.

1) no evidence JY did it. Fingerprints and DNA that did not belong to him were on the camera.

2) he was going to stop by his parents' and wouldn't be home til later.

5) the DNA found at the scene was tested against 24 people, including police.

And no offense taken. I've been following this case since I first saw it on ID in 2012 or early 2013. My wife loves murder *advertiser censored*. I think she's plotting to kill me. Anyways, I was drawn to this case because too many things didn't add up, and the more I looked into it, the less sense a guilty verdict made. I came to this forum thinking, ok, maybe I'm wrong and he did do it, and there's something I'm missing. Still looking for what's missing.

1) Cameras @Hotel-

Was this explained?

#1.It was unplugged just before midnight, A hotel employee, Keith Hicks, noticed it was unplugged about 5:50am and called for a maintance worker to plug it back in. Then about 15 mins after being plugged back in he noticed someone had pushed it to the ceiling. The kids part of this comes from testimony that the only other time this happened is when some kids had sneaked in the hotel and that happened before JY ever stayed there.

#2.Yes she was working, but this day she had a drs. appt. But their anniversary had already happened in October and the ebay sale had already expired? So some think it was a ploy just to get MF there to discover MY. Plus, it should be noted that he called his mom 28 times that day...I mean alot. This was not the norm. His mom even called MF. Plus he ignored calls from Linda Fisher,MY mom that day. She called him a couple of time and he never answered?

3.This trip to Brevard was a "last minute" trip, as they had friends coming in from out of town because it was homecoming weekend at NCSU and, IIRC they never missed a homecoming game. So if he was going to stay the night and then drive back from Brevard to Raleigh he would be late. I think it was said that JY was too upset and he sat at his moms in a recliner and was upset and that is why they didn't leave right away.

4. quoted from wral article: Mike Galloway, an investigations supervisor with the City-County Bureau of Investigation, said he was present on Nov. 7, 2006, when investigators had Jason Young, 37, strip naked and photographed him for potential injuries that might have occurred during the course of his wife's beating death.With the exception of a bruise on the big toe of Jason Young's left foot, Galloway said, he didn't observe any other bruising on his body.Also on Monday, Brent David, a Wake County sheriff's deputy testified that he spoke with Michelle Young's sister and mother, as well as her mother-in-law, on the night of her death, but that he never saw Jason Young.

#5.This I don't know, But I would like to point out that the unknown hair on the jewlery box and the 2 cig butts found, were turned over to the police, by Dr. Godwin, a criminal investigative psychologist hired by the Young's. Dr. Godwin was never called to testify at trial.

also here is some more info from: http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/9719825/

This is for people who say that JY couldn't afford to fight for custody of CY.
Spivey, however, said that Jason Young had access to more than $70,000 in equity loans and retirement savings and that he gave his mother and sister each checks for $6,000 during the time of the dispute

Things that make you go hmm....

The next morning, Jason Young said, he had a continental breakfast in the hotel lobby, but he never appeared on the hotel security video of the breakfast area, Spivey said.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/story/10765531/

$70K wouldn't have even put a dent in the cost involved in a custody lawsuit. It would have been hundreds of thousands.

I'm pretty sure that when custody was requested, he would have had to give her up or face a deposition like Brad Cooper went through. A lot of people criticized him for making that choice to submit to that. In Wake county, it's a lose/lose situation. Brad went forward with it and he still wasn't awarded custody of the girls. He was ultimately convicted. Jason didn't do it and the State broke the law and presented the civil suit rulings in court so he was convicted too. If one remains silent (which any good lawyer will advise) they are hiding something; if they talk, everything is nit picked and twisted and they are called a liar and they end up in financial ruin all for nothing. What's an innocent person supposed to do? Both of them were good fathers, both lost their kids and are in prison for a crime that someone else committed.

So I was going to stay away from this thread but this right here is what I was wondering. Another poster also who just recently joined and "some" have only posted in this thread?? Bless the Fisher's as they are about to go through hell again :/

This is not personal. We're just looking at the red flags, multiple inconsistencies and unanswered questions that still remain. You do realize that they do get it wrong sometimes, right? I just want to understand what really happened.

Why were her keys on the hood of Michelle's Lexus?

Why did she say the dog was in the house and state that there were bloody paw prints in the house when that wasn't true and there's no evidence that the dog was in the house. If he was, there should have been bloody paw prints.

Why are there bloody footprints in the bathroom, but none in the hallway? Was that staging?

How is it possible that C. was dry but wearing her pajama pants when she wasn't capable of dressing herself?

Why did she say she found C. walking around and then hiding in a closet and finally, under the blankets in the master bed?

These things bother me. I can't help that.

$70K wouldn't have even put a dent in the cost involved in a custody lawsuit. It would have been hundreds of thousands.

I'm pretty sure that when custody was requested, he would have had to give her up or face a deposition like Brad Cooper went through. A lot of people criticized him for making that choice to submit to that. In Wake county, it's a lose/lose situation. Brad went forward with it and he still wasn't awarded custody of the girls. He was ultimately convicted. Jason didn't do it and the State broke the law and presented the civil suit rulings in court so he was convicted too. If one remains silent (which any good lawyer will advise) they are hiding something; if they talk, everything is nit picked and twisted and they are called a liar and they end up in financial ruin all for nothing. What's an innocent person supposed to do? Both of them were good fathers, both lost their kids and are in prison for a crime that someone else committed.

And, both may get a new trial and have another chance.
I would like to see both cases from the start before I offer an opinion.
Just from reading comments it is easy to see some things can get messed up.
Better to go back and research the cases on your own, or wait for a new trial.

And, both may get a new trial and have another chance.
I would like to see both cases from the start before I offer an opinion.
Just from reading comments here, facts do get messed up.
Better to go back and research the cases on your own, or wait for a new trial.

That's what's great about these cases. The trial video is still available.

That's what's great about these cases. The trial video is still available.

Exactly! I came here during the Laura Ackerson trial, was hoping Amanda Hayes would get the max. Very disappointed.
Then the Abaroa plea. Followed that case for years, was so excited when Raven was arrested. Then came the plea. Still sick over that one.
The Young case has been around for a long, long time, I felt that one could go either way.
The Cooper case, I didn't understand all the computer evidence involved and I am not ashamed to admit it,

Exactly! I came here during the Laura Ackerson trial, was hoping Amanda Hayes would get the max. Very disappointed.
Then the Abaroa plea. Followed that case for years, was so excited when Raven was arrested. Then came the plea. Still sick over that one.
The Young case has been around for a long, long time, I felt that one could go either way.
The Cooper case, I didn't understand all the computer evidence involved and I am not ashamed to admit it,

Re: Cooper - A lot of people are confused about the computer evidence and part of the reason is that the State expert testimony was blacked out so we didn't get to hear it during trial. The case has consumed me. The injustice of the trial made me sick. I've been researching and working on wrongful conviction cases ever since the Cooper trial. It was very eye opening.

My opinion of the Jason Young case is that I can't ignore evidence of innocence such as the mileage adding up consistent with his trip and it doesn't work with the State's theory that has him driving back to Raleigh.

That and the child being found clean. He couldn't have cleaned her 10 hours prior and she's still clean when we know she was loose in the house and allegedly found in the master bed. She should have been hungry, thirsty, stressed, wet, soiled, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hulet