Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

1. Do you know which Ale house was she at? There are 2 in Raleigh.

2.Do you have a link for this? I don't remember reading that MF stated this. TIA

3.Of course she was carried and placed in there while the killer cleaned up. Just look at the crime scene photo. There are bloody foot prints on the wall. She was in there for a while. I think some foot prints are even on the back of the door, FWIR, I was in court the day they showed the crime scene of the house.

4.How do you what CY typically did? IIRC, from the testimony at trial, she was almost potty trained. Also there was urine in the toliet in MY bathroom. I think she peed in the potty.

5. How can JII hold what this "eyewitness" saw but yet don't believe Gracie?

6.See I think the opposite. IF he was there and got coffee like he said why is he not on camera?

Not sure what a JII is or a Jason fan, what does this mean? As, for comparing any witness to Gracie Bailey, her testimony was shaky at best. She couldn't describe Young without the Judge's help. She said there was another person in the store when Young was there, said person never found. LE put out information asking person to come forward. No one ever did. Then she said it was someone else, that person denied it.
I think the bigger question is how could anyone believe Gracie, who testified she lost her brains on a highway.
But, putting Gracie's testimony aside, how convenient that the one place where they could of and should of captured Young on video was at a convenient gas station with no cameras.

And, if LE believed Gracie, why wasn't he arrested immediately?

I don't trust an accused and his family putting up a pic supposidly showing the shirt that obviously wasn't the one he was wearing in the video.

Responses included in quote

BBM

1. Do you know which Ale house was she at? There are 2 in Raleigh.
The one in Cary

2.Do you have a link for this? I don't remember reading that MF stated this. TIA
No, I don't have a link but I know that she said it. Even if not, she said the dog was in the house, yet no bloody paw prints were ever found. I do know that the dog didn't have blood on him.

3.Of course she was carried and placed in there while the killer cleaned up. Just look at the crime scene photo. There are bloody foot prints on the wall. She was in there for a while. I think some foot prints are even on the back of the door, FWIR, I was in court the day they showed the crime scene of the house.
But how do you explain the prints all being so dark/fresh? She would have had to be transferred multiple times and did you look at the direction of the prints and some are not natural steps.

4.How do you what CY typically did? IIRC, from the testimony at trial, she was almost potty trained. Also there was urine in the toliet in MY bathroom. I think she peed in the potty. Shelly testified that she was there that night and she couldn't put her own sock on. It is in testimony that she wasn't able to dress herself. If she peed in the toilet, where is the diaper from that night? It should have been laying somewhere on the floor.

5. How can JII hold what this "eyewitness" saw but yet don't believe Gracie? Because she was just stating what she saw that morning and described details. She contacted police. With Gracie, they were just driving to all of the stores and asking people. Gracie can't be trusted with her brain issues and there were 5 people in the store at that time with transactions recorded immediately following the "cussing episode" as if nothing happened. I just don't believe it. We need better evidence than that and again this stop doesn't add up with his gas receipts/mileage recorded. He would have run out before reaching King. Now we're expected to reach to explain that little detail. The State's story just doesn't fit.

6.See I think the opposite. IF he was there and got coffee like he said why is he not on camera? Well we know he was there as he had his receipt and newspaper.

Just more character assassination taken out of context , imo.. Hot day in Raleigh, NC, Jason started cutting the grass, Michelle asked him to stop so she could go to work. Maybe they had plans to spend the day together, who knows? Then the power goes out, Jason and Cassidy are hot, and Cassidy has a bathroom accident. Is Jason pissed?
Absolutely, but we don't know all the details from one email , so this means nothing to me.
Also, the threat of killing her for not letting him finish mowing the lawn, clearly that did not happen.

Sorry but it's not taken out of context. This is from the lips of JY. All she had asked him was to pick up THEIR child. She was working. He was between jobs. She shouldn't have to ask him to pick up CY.Michelle didn't ask him to stop so she could go to work. She was already at work and their child needed to be picked up. What makes more sense. Hmmm...for someone to leave work or for the parent who isn't working to pick up the child? Make excuses all you want of him but my husband would never talk to me like this. Pissed because the power is out is one thing but to say he could kill me? Plus I would like to know what happened in MB? If he can make threats about something as benign as yard work I hate to hear what he said on a more serious argument. JLY is a jerk and MY deserved better, imo.

Not sure what a JII is or a Jason fan, what does this mean? As, for comparing any witness to Gracie Bailey, her testimony was shaky at best. She couldn't describe Young without the Judge's help. She said there was another person in the store when Young was there, said person never found. LE put out information asking person to come forward. No one ever did. Then she said it was someone else, that person denied it.
I think the bigger question is how could anyone believe Gracie, who testified she lost her brains on a highway.
But, putting Gracie's testimony aside, how convenient that the one place where they could of and should of captured Young on video was at a convenient gas station with no cameras.

JII-Jason is innocent. Sorry it's an old nic from the IS boards. The gas station had cameras they just weren't working. Sorry, but it looks like you're suggesting the cops just made Gracie lie? It took them 3 years to arrest him. IMO, they did good work.

JII-Jason is innocent. Sorry it's an old nic from the IS boards. The gas station had cameras they just weren't working. Sorry, but it looks like you're suggesting the cops just made Gracie lie? It took them 3 years to arrest him. IMO, they did good work.

I don't think anyone made Gracie lie. I think the detectives walked into the gas station and showed her a photo of Jason and asked if she saw him, and she said Yes. Maybe she was scared, maybe she wanted to be helpful. But,if they really thought she was a solid witness, why not arrest Jason right then.... I have listened to Gracie's testimony in both trials, and I have also seen the way she was treated by the state. Why does she look so different from Trial 1 as opposed to Trial 2? Where is the person she said was there?

Gracie testified at trial 2 that there were no cameras. This only confirmed how confused she was. Regardless, it's convenient that they have a place that has no cameras to verify that he was there. You still haven't addressed how he made it there as he would have run out of gas before then.

Yes, I believe they manipulated a mentally challenged individual. If you were the investigator and the woman described the suspect as short and balding, wouldn't it be the honest thing to do to move on and consider other leads? No, they instead chose to fix her up for trial 2 with a new haircut and outfit and continue to present this "story" of the man cussing because the pumps weren't on because they desperately needed this testimony to "win".

Everyone knows that you can never pump gas w/o a credit card, that you have to pre-pay with cash. It's just a ridiculous story.

I don't trust an accused and his family putting up a pic supposidly showing the shirt that obviously wasn't the one he was wearing in the video.

It wasn't obvious. Maybe that shirt is gone too, and they were looking through photos and thought that was it.
Remember, they asked for the shirt two years later. JY had moved since then, hadn't he? I know when I move, it's time to dispose of some old clothes.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

I've been re-reading some info on this case and came upon this email between JY/MY. I think this is a great example of showing the real Jason Lynn Young,imo.

Michelle Young – “I know you are mad and I am really sorry. I know you have been doing a lot around the house and with Cass and I really appreciate it. I have just been really busy at work and I thought this is a slack time for you with your job so you could handle it.
Please give me a call — I want to know who is picking up Cass today

Jason Young – ” I don’t care who gets her

Jason Young – “I just got home and the *advertiser censored* power is out, I called progress and a crew is already out. Cass pissed herself all over the floor, it’s hot as hell inside and I can’t entertain her enough w/o tv to finish the godamn yard. I am taking beer and her to pool. I am in a mood that makes our trip to myrtle seem mild, pray the beer kicks in. I could kill u for not letting me finish the yard this morning

I'll agree with you on this one Landonsmom02 - This was very inflammatory. I won't defend this dialog.

I'll agree with you on this one Landonsmom02 - This was very inflammatory. I won't defend this dialog.

A-hole, bad husband, cheater, and guy code violator. I get all this. What I don't get is him being convicted with the evidence presented in court.

Maybe he did mastermind the whole thing. I'm not seeing it though. The gas mileage and receipts to prove it don't match the prosecution's theory.
Did he have another secret lover that he convinced to commit murder? The state never produced evidence of this, so I can't say that he did. Phone calls and emails between his secret affairs are well documented.

It wasn't obvious. Maybe that shirt is gone too, and they were looking through photos and thought that was it.
Remember, they asked for the shirt two years later. JY had moved since then, hadn't he? I know when I move, it's time to dispose of some old clothes.

I think the point that may be missing is that he wore a dark shirt in the hotel video and it was NOT in his possession immediately after the murder. It was NOT in his vehicle or with his other clothes.

Plenty of excuses for later on... none for right after the murder tho.

I think the point that may be missing is that he wore a dark shirt in the hotel video and it was NOT in his possession immediately after the murder. It was NOT in his vehicle or with his other clothes.

Plenty of excuses for later on... none for right after the murder tho.

Are we sure it wasn't in the vehicle? The cops took everything without an inventory.

Sure as we are going to be able to be. They took everything, probably was an inventory of some sort, and the shirt/clothes were not there.

If it had been there... why would the family post a pic of the shirt to show it wasn't missing???

There really is no way around that IMO.

Sure as we are going to be able to be. They took everything, probably was an inventory of some sort, and the shirt/clothes were not there.

If it had been there... why would the family post a pic of the shirt to show it wasn't missing???

There really is no way around that IMO.

I think it's rather convenient for the prosecution that no inventory of the contents of JY's bags was taken. To easy for them to make something disappear and then ask the defendant for it two years later.
Edit: there were no photos either. If I'm wrong, please link to the pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think it's rather convenient for the prosecution that no inventory of the contents of JY's bags was taken. To easy for them to make something disappear and then ask the defendant for it two years later.
Edit: there were no photos either. If I'm wrong, please link to the pictures.

There are some photos of the back of the truck. I saw brown slip-on shoes there and I'm sure those would have been the ones he wore to Cracker Barrel and to me this nullifies any "missing" Hushpuppy shoes of JY's since it was just a short trip and surely he didn't take two pairs of slip on shoes with him.

Re: the shirt - I don't believe the family did anything. I think the defense found that photo of what potentially could have been the shirt but again, it is not their job to produce this item.

We wouldn't be discussing this at all if police had photographed each item from his suitcase immediately upon seizing the vehicle. Then they wait over two years to decide to search for it. It's unacceptable.

Think about this too - He intentionally walks around in the lobby wearing that and then what? He's risking being seen entering the building that morning in a different shirt. Forget about the tilted camera. He still would have had to walk past other cameras to get to his room. The story just doesn't hold up. It's sad that he was convicted over that damn shirt.

A-hole, bad husband, cheater, and guy code violator. I get all this. What I don't get is him being convicted with the evidence presented in court.

Maybe he did mastermind the whole thing. I'm not seeing it though. The gas mileage and receipts to prove it don't match the prosecution's theory.
Did he have another secret lover that he convinced to commit murder? The state never produced evidence of this, so I can't say that he did. Phone calls and emails between his secret affairs are well documented.

Right. I'm convinced two people did this and he was not one of them. I trust Cindy Beaver's testimony about the two people in the car that morning because it is partially supported by two other people also describing a light colored SUV. That's corroboration. Add to that the two different shoe prints. Male and female. They should reopen the investigation.

Right. I'm convinced two people did this and he was not one of them. I trust Cindy Beaver's testimony about the two people in the car that morning because it is partially supported by two other people also describing a light colored SUV. That's corroboration. Add to that the two different shoe prints. Male and female. They should reopen the investigation.

Yeah, I'm not buying that theory about him wearing the size 10 shoes, then changing them at the crime scene. Why? Why would he have done that? Why not change his shoes outside when he got to his car?

I don't think anyone can argue they had an ideal marriage, but the part about wanting to kill her because she wouldn't let him cut the grass, is a bit over the top. Especially in light of the fact that someday she would be murdered and he would be arrested.

One of the last Jurors said she felt Young had an accomplice, but who? She said the timeline did not fit for him to be able to do all that the state laid out in their case, and yet they convicted him. Unless some new details emerge in the 3rd trial, the state will try the case again and who knows what could happen. I am just not 100% convinced that he did it. JMO

I don't think anyone can argue they had an ideal marriage, but the part about wanting to kill her because she wouldn't let him cut the grass, is a bit over the top. Especially in light of the fact that someday she would be murdered and he would be arrested.

Over the top as far as them using this as evidence? I don't know. I think it's acceptable as far as evidence goes. It was really mean. I certainly wouldn't tolerate someone speaking to me that way. However, the holes in the State's case can't be ignored. Their theory just doesn't work. I can't get past all the problems with their case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141