Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trolling, accusations and sheer idiocy of the comments that are being made on social media are way in excess of anything I have witnessed before in a missing person campaign.
I believe a great deal of this is due to the fact that the case is far more relevant to people of Jay's age than any other case in recent UK memory.
Unfortunately, a huge proportion of people in Jay's age range are addicted to inherently toxic social media platforms such as TikTok and Facebook where idiots and glory hunters are given a soapbox and conspiracy theories run rampant.

Hi, I've scrolled through the thread trying to find the link to the tunnels but can't find it. I think the tunnels are called 'Masimo Tunnels'
Sorry it was my post, I removed it as I felt a but stupid when no one agreed with my finding. I found that there's a lot of tunnels all along that coast line called the Tamaimo tunnels which can reach out to sea but are not easily accessible. Cavers and hikers may find them but there's many now gated off inaccessible to the public. All just looks quite eerie and a bit of a no man's land but I'd hope these areas have been searched by now

Missing Jay Slater:

Top cop's three theories on what happened in Tenerife.

Peter Kirkahm,
who served in the country's biggest police force for more than 20 years,
at all ranks up to Detective Chief Inspector,
has given a grim assessment of the situation as the search for him enters its 12th day.

'The most obvious theory is that Jay Slater became lost whilst trying to walk back through a remote and difficult area totally unknown to him'.

'A second possibility,
which must always be considered,
is that Jay has deliberately disappeared for some reason.
As we find out more about him, it seems he has a somewhat chequered past
which may well have led to his disappearance.

The police will be pursuing lines of enquiry related to his background and domestic circumstances
to identify if this is a viable possibility'.

'The third possibility that needs to be considered
is that Jay has been kidnapped, or worse,
by another person.

This could be a spur of the moment thing,
arising from a spontaneous situation which has arisen,
or a pre-planned thing arising from a longer-term conflict or dispute'."

Sorry it was my post, I removed it as I felt a but stupid when no one agreed with my finding. I found that there's a lot of tunnels all along that coast line called the Tamaimo tunnels which can reach out to sea but are not easily accessible. Cavers and hikers may find them but there's many now gated off inaccessible to the public. All just looks quite eerie and a bit of a no man's land
Thanks for clarifying. :)

The new search location, the Independent reports, is around an hour and a half's walk from the AirBnB Jay stayed in with two men. However, while the Civil Guard is leading the search, a source told the Sun that it was very unlikely that Jay would have survived if he got lost in the mountains.
A major new update in the search for missing British teenager Jay Slater has been made as local police move their search away from a ravine to an area of caves known as Los Carrizales.

Recognising the challenging terrains of the search area, he said, "He may also have fallen into a ravine or something similar and have become injured and incapacitated. This possibility leads to the searches that we have seen the police making but the area involved is so large that, even now, only a fraction can possibly have been thoroughly searched.
The 19-year-old has been missing on the Spanish island since June 17

The 19-year-old has been missing on the Spanish island since June 17
He continued: "A second possibility, which must always be considered, is that Jay has deliberately disappeared for some reason. As we find out more about him, it seems he has a somewhat chequered past which may well have led to his disappearance. The police will be pursuing lines of enquiry related to his background and domestic circumstances to identify if this is a viable possibility.

Peter said: "The third possibility that needs to be considered is that Jay has been kidnapped, or worse, by another person. This could be a spur of the moment thing, arising from a spontaneous situation which has arisen, or a pre-planned thing arising from a longer-term conflict or dispute.

"The spontaneous version need not involve anyone with any significant criminal history and so could involve anyone. Nor does it need to involve any intent to cause him any harm it could have been some sort of accidental illness or injury followed by panic on the part of others present.

As reported by the Independent, the Los Carrizales caves are about an hour-and-a-half walking distance from the accommodation.

It comes as Spanish police searching for Jay Slater have claimed it is ‘very unlikely’ he will be found alive if he got lost in the mountains

Last edited:
"They said they're really proud of what I'm doing," Mr Arnott, 29, told the newspaper.

Mr Slater's mother, Debbie Duncan, told the paper she has "every faith" in the police and singled out Mr Arnott, who runs the TikTok account Down the Rapids and describes himself as an "explorer", and another TikTok creator Callum Rahim for thanks.

" can't thank Paul Arnott enough, also Callum Rahim and his friends for working alongside with the search and rescue teams," she said.

"Myself, well, you know the state of my mental health and my paranoia, you saw it first hand. As a family, we are in a living nightmare."

On Friday morning, he posted a video from a mountainous part of Tenerife, where he said he is going to cross steep hills to look for Mr Slater in an area he believes he is likely to be.

That post attracted more than 60,000 views within the first hour.
view of the Los Carrizales ravine where British teenager Jay Slater is being searched for, with the island of La Gomera in the distance, on the island of Tenerife, Spain, June 27, 2024. REUTERS/Borja Suarez

Missing Jay Slater:

Top cop's three theories on what happened in Tenerife.

Peter Kirkahm,
who served in the country's biggest police force for more than 20 years,
at all ranks up to Detective Chief Inspector,
has given a grim assessment of the situation as the search for him enters its 12th day.

'The most obvious theory is that Jay Slater became lost whilst trying to walk back through a remote and difficult area totally unknown to him'.

'A second possibility,
which must always be considered,
is that Jay has deliberately disappeared for some reason.
As we find out more about him, it seems he has a somewhat chequered past
which may well have led to his disappearance.

The police will be pursuing lines of enquiry related to his background and domestic circumstances
to identify if this is a viable possibility'.

'The third possibility that needs to be considered
is that Jay has been kidnapped, or worse,
by another person.

This could be a spur of the moment thing,
arising from a spontaneous situation which has arisen,
or a pre-planned thing arising from a longer-term conflict or dispute'."

I'm surprised that a road accident/hit-run-and-hide-the-evidence scenario isn't something he specifically mentioned. Far more likely than kidnap, especially on those narrow, winding roads. JMO.
ETA on reading more, he does imply this as part of a variety of scenarios, but IMO it's worthy of a separate mention.

Of course, getting lost in the terrain remains Occam's Razor.

Last edited:

The new search location, the Independent reports, is around an hour and a half's walk from the AirBnB Jay stayed in with two men. However, while the Civil Guard is leading the search, a source told the Sun that it was very unlikely that Jay would have survived if he got lost in the mountains.
A major new update in the search for missing British teenager Jay Slater has been made as local police move their search away from a ravine to an area of caves known as Los Carrizales.
It really is like looking for a needle in a haystack isn’t it.

The Spanish police are doing a great job but with no clues they are literally just having to search any likely area that somebody could go missing up there.

I do think if nothing is found over the weekend they’ll have to scale back the search - The British press next week will be full of election build up so I think they might see that as being a good time to scale back as the case will start to lose media coverage.

I'm not in the UK. Does anyone have a transcript of what Brad said in an interview on This Morning on ITV channel, about which I'm reading in multiple sources? Or else a link to the recording (with subtitles preferably )

"They said they're really proud of what I'm doing," Mr Arnott, 29, told the newspaper.

Mr Slater's mother, Debbie Duncan, told the paper she has "every faith" in the police and singled out Mr Arnott, who runs the TikTok account Down the Rapids and describes himself as an "explorer", and another TikTok creator Callum Rahim for thanks.

" can't thank Paul Arnott enough, also Callum Rahim and his friends for working alongside with the search and rescue teams," she said.

"Myself, well, you know the state of my mental health and my paranoia, you saw it first hand. As a family, we are in a living nightmare."

On Friday morning, he posted a video from a mountainous part of Tenerife, where he said he is going to cross steep hills to look for Mr Slater in an area he believes he is likely to be.

That post attracted more than 60,000 views within the first hour.
view of the Los Carrizales ravine where British teenager Jay Slater is being searched for, with the island of La Gomera in the distance, on the island of Tenerife, Spain, June 27, 2024. REUTERS/Borja Suarez

I think I’ve fallen a bit in love with Paul Arnott during this case! He’s an angel comes across as such a lovely man to.

Find it interesting the mother doesn’t thank the publicity hunting private detective!

Large scale search on Saturday
I think the headline is slightly misleading

They only want volunteers who are experts in this terrain or law enforcement, firefighters etc

They don’t want just anybody turning up!

I'm not in the UK. Does anyone have a transcript of what Brad said in an interview on This Morning on ITV channel, about which I'm reading in multiple sources? Or else a link to the recording (with subtitles preferably )

I am looking for this as we speak. All I can find at the moment is a recording of the TV broadcast made on someone's phone. It is difficult to make out what Brad is saying, and posting a link to it here wouldn't be allowed. The interview seems to be the first mainstream airing of new and important information in the case. I'll post a link / transcript as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CosDog