Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In their first direct appeal for help, a spokesperson for the police today said officers were preparing a 'coordinated large scale operation' on Saturday.

A statement from the police HQ on Tenerife said: 'Collaboration is requested from volunteer associations, civil protection teams, firefighters and even individuals who are experts in rugged search terrain.'

It sounds like the last - ditch effort to find him.

JMO

I am looking for this as we speak. All I can find at the moment is a recording of the TV broadcast made on someone's phone. It is difficult to make out what Brad is saying, and posting a link to it here wouldn't be allowed. The interview seems to be the first mainstream airing of new and important information in the case. I'll post a link / transcript as soon as I can.
It's posted now on sm, but it said he spoke to him that morning as he was on the road and then went off the road, so without saying more about it, as you can watch the interview. it's a shame this information wasn't released sooner imo

I'm having trouble believing this young man voluntarily took a hard right or left off of a road in that region and walked headlong in to some of the most difficult terrain I've seen, save a trek to the top of K2 or something similar.

Now, possibly if under the influence a person might do something like that. Or under a situation of extreme thirst, in search of water. Or just totally naive as to the dangers of so doing. Maybe I could believe in an attempt to escape imminent danger. Lastly, he might have left the road to relieve himself, and accidently fallen off a cliff in to a ravine, or simply passed out and died in a secluded spot.

Maybe he was seeking higher ground to get cell reception?

I doubt, though it is possible, that he planned an escape with the intention of starting a new life.

So, at this juncture, I'm kind of considering foul play, but accidental death in a remote spot off the road is entirely possible.

Last edited:
According to the Beeb, the big search is of the "Ravines and Trails around Masca". Not that helpful, but the rescuers are being told to meet up at the Mirador la Cruz de Hilda. This is a restaurant at the top of the Baranco Juan Lopez, the ravine we know Jay began down. This suggests to me they still view the most likely outcome as him having come to grief down there. Or maybe it's just that there's a decent car park there, who knows.

Incidentally, Jay will have walked past that restaurant, but sadly it opened at 10am, a good hour later.

Bizarre for that to come out on day 12 after the third party theories pushed.

Hopefully the Spanish search & rescue team knew all this day 1.
I'm sure they did, as his friend would have been one of the first people they spoke to.
It doesn't add much to the disappearance, IMO. All we can glean from it is that Jay went off the road at some point, which has already been established.

Its starting to sound like one of those scenarios where someone goes too far and takes too much of a risk for a social media picture
Snipped.

That is something I had not considered. Did he step into rough terrain because it would look cool in a photo? The further in, the rougher it got, and the more extreme the photo would look??

Never thought of that, but....maybe?

jmo

According to the Beeb, the big search is of the "Ravines and Trails around Masca". Not that helpful, but the rescuers are being told to meet up at the Mirador la Cruz de Hilda. This is a restaurant at the top of the Baranco Juan Lopez, the ravine we know Jay began down. This suggests to me they still view the most likely outcome as him having come to grief down there. Or maybe it's just that there's a decent car park there, who knows.

Incidentally, Jay will have walked past that restaurant, but sadly it opened at 10am, a good hour later.
Why do you think he'd head down the ravine there? And would you please provide me a link the indicates that authorities are certain that he did, thanks!

Snipped.

That is something I had not considered. Did he step into rough terrain because it would look cool in a photo? The further in, the rougher it got, and the more extreme the photo would look??

jmo
It hadn't occurred to me either, but now that we know what the conversation was with his friend, it's definitely a possibility.
One thing the phone call shows is that Jay wasn't in a distressed state at that time. This seems to indicate that he left the rental property without any animosity.

i wonder if this Brad interview suddenly coming out has anything to do with the fact last night on social media pictures of the two Airbnb men were being found and posted. The heat was really starting to be on these two guys.

i wonder if this Brad interview suddenly coming out has anything to do with the fact last night on social media pictures of the two Airbnb men were being found and posted. The heat was really starting to be on these two guys.
IN MY OPINION ONLY - downtherapids account on tiktok & instagram have posted about this and this is likely why.
It seems so i’m not stated fact!!! But it seems maybe so please moderator don’t delete!! that isla from good morning britains team of camera men have a system they use with cameras that was able to test the reliability of the cell tower and it came back as the previous thought location to be wrong and diverted them to a new search area. This area matches brads description of his snapchat call with Jay. I don’t know how to share the link, i’m not good with tech!!

I would have thought these two guys would be front and center of an investigators inquiry, not to pass judgement, or assume guilt in any way, but as part of an investigation.

Quite possibly. Especially following MWT's threats.
If Brad's account is accurate (there's no reason to assume it is not), then it paints a much clearer version of events than we've had previously and practically dispells any suspicions of foul play or bad actors playing a part in Jay's disappearance. Especially that fact that Jay was allegedly in good spirits prior to calling Lucy later in some distress.

IMO if this turns out to be a simple case of misadventure by a young lad on his first holiday abroad, it's almost a more tragic conclusion than the various alternative theories that have been banded around.

I would have thought these two guys would be front and center of an investigators inquiry, not to pass judgement, or assume guilt in any way, but as part of an investigation.

I can absolutely see why they were not under any suspicion whatsoever if Brad's account of Jay's earlier call was known to LE early on, which seems more and more likely.

It's posted now on sm, but it said he spoke to him that morning as he was on the road and then went off the road, so without saying more about it, as you can watch the interview. it's a shame this information wasn't released sooner imo
I don't believe a word of it tbh or Lucy's version of the phone call from Jay! It has been reported it was her that phoned him MOO

Snipped.

jmo
Thought he had no phone battery left though? Well according to Lucy that is. I am afraid I dont believe her version at all ! MOO of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha