Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not find it odd that Brad has just spoken out. As long as he told the police everything he owes the public no running commentary.
There were early reports that his friend (Brad) was distraught.
Lucy chose to speak perhaps Brad didn't feel up to it till now?

It throws light on Jay knowing how far a walk it was

The same true professionals who claimed to have saved a man from the mountain only for the man who was a well trained experienced hiker to say that he didn’t need help. Looks like they did it for clout

There are other rumours and reports. I’ve heard, not stating fact, that they didn’t get a scent for the dogs.

It APPEARS they only started searching buildings by the phone ping this week.
Now I saw a video by downtherapids, a young mountaineer that the opinion of camera crew he was working with from TV company was the location ping is incorrect as the cell tower itself isn’t accurate.

They have triangulated a new location.
I have seen no evidence of the spanish police questioning that data.
I fail to see how you came to such a conclusion, other than you maybe haven’t came across this information.

I do agree not blabbing is good, but it doesn’t mean they’re professional. It could be to keep control and cover up any mistakes they may have made.

I don't follow "TikTok investigators".
I stick to official reports of legitimate authorities.

Anybody can choose their sources of information :D

Sorry no but it has been stated several times on SM

It was never reported. An image appeared on social media purporting to be from Lucy's phone showing an outgoing call to Jay. It has never been verified, however.

Why do people find it suspicious that there is an outgoing call to his phone? Are you saying you really wouldn't try to call him back if you were in Lucy's position?
Even if I knew his phone was dead I'd still call and leave a voicemail (or, more likely 10+ voicemails :p )

Brad Hargreaves described how he and Mr Slater had become separated earlier in the evening, before his friend got into the car with the men he met during the night.

"He’s ended up back with them and I don’t know how or what has gone on there but he’s gone off and rang me halfway to their house saying I’m staying here and I’ll be back the next day," he said.

"He's rang me walking down the mountain and he just says he's walking home.

"At the time I didn't think anything of it I just thought he was going to get a bus home or a taxi home because that's what he says he is going to do.

"Next thing you know his phone dies and it's 10 days on now and nothing since."
I have to say that Brad's account sounds entirely plausible.
When I traveled to Majorca with my family at age 18, it didn't take long at all to bump into a group of other young brits who I ended up spending the majority of the fortnight with. It was all completely above board and completely friendly. I could absolutely see me doing what Jay did (including going for a hike the next morning just to say I had).

I can understand why Brad didn't come forward with this information earlier, too. As far as Brad is concerned, the whole situation is completely without any suspicion of foul play. His mate essentially went back to an after party with some blokes he met at the rave, he left the next morning, went for a walk and then vanished. No reason to go public with that until people like MWT threaten to out two completely innocent individuals and Brad & Jay's parents start receiving threats.

Trial by social media. Again.

Why do people find it suspicious that there is an outgoing call to his phone? Are you saying you really wouldn't try to call him back if you were in Lucy's position?
Even if I knew his phone was dead I'd still call and leave a voicemail (or, more likely 10+ voicemails :p )

Good point. The outgoing call was 2 minutes, which tracks with ringing and leaving a voicemail expressing concern.

Actually, Paul Arnott explained earlier that he and mountain rescue had tested the “last ping” thing and it was not accurate in that area. So I think we can discount it as being gospel.
Well, if a Tik tok "personality" said so ...

Seriously, he evidently doesn't have a clue how apple location services work. This guy is a self serving halfwit of the worst kind.

Actually, Paul Arnott explained earlier that he and mountain rescue had tested the “last ping” thing and it was not accurate in that area. So I think we can discount it as being gospel.
Exactly true, hence, my question upthread regarding the statement of the certainty that he went down the ravine and my subsequent request for evidence of that.

Just because if Lucy rang Jay, why did she lie by saying he rang her?
Good point. The outgoing call was 2 minutes, which tracks with ringing and leaving a voicemail expressing concern.
How do you know the outgoing call was 2 minutes?

Well, if a Tik tok "personality" said so ...

Seriously, he evidently doesn't have a clue how apple location services work. This guy is a self serving halfwit of the worst kind.
Seriously. He claims he and 'his team' triangulated their position using 'cameras with loads of SIM cards in them.'

The guy is a clown.

Based on how the family/friends have been treated, I'm not surprised he didn't share. If shared with authorities-- then he is probably more worried about his friend and the things he could have done differently. I feel for them all.

<modsnip: no link>
If Lucy called Jay back after the initial call then thats what the screen would look like. Even if she only got his voicemail because his phone was off.
I am just going on Lucys statements and what she wrote on the appeal for money. She did not mention anything about trying to call him back only that his phone had 1% battery left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: byo
Ok thanks. Do you know if LE examined her phone or Brads ? That would certainly clear this up. Hopefully they did and also hope Brad gave them a statement too

Probably not. It isn't a criminal investigation. Although, I don't know know what the procedure for these kinds of things is in Spanish territories.

I imagine they would have taken a statement from each person who had been in touch with Jay in the hours before he went missing in order to build a picture of his movements. Any inconsistencies with the statements would have been noted in the event that a criminal investigation was to follow, but they certainly wouldn't be searching people who are not suspects for evidence of foul play.

Probably not. It isn't a criminal investigation. Although, I don't know know what the procedure for these kinds of things is in Spanish territories.

I imagine they would have taken a statement from each person who had been in touch with Jay in the hours before he went missing in order to build a picture of his movements. Any inconsistencies with the statements would have been noted in the event that a criminal investigation was to follow, but they certainly wouldn't be searching people who are not suspects for evidence of foul play.
I do feel that if this had happened in the UK they would all have been under investigation until all the facts had been established though. MOO

I do feel that if this had happened in the UK they would all have been under investigation until all the facts had been established though. MOO
Investigate them for what? There's no evidence of any crime having been committed.
You can take witness statements, but you can't formally detain somebody without first charging them, and you can't search somebody without probable cause (including viewing their phones).

IMO

They all were questioned/interviewed by Spanish Police.
Police have procedures and strictly follow them.
They are LE and rules are followed.

3 people claim they saw/heard from Jay AFTER he left the rental (unharmed):

- a Spanish woman talking with him about a bus

- Brad said Jay was in good mood/laughing & going down, slipping on some rocks
(telephone conversation)

- Lucy said Jay was lost, thirsty and wounded by a cactus
(later phone conversation)

Nobody said he was feeling threatened by guys from the rental.

Besides,
before he left the house,
he sent a "funny" photo chilling on the stairs and smoking a cigarette.
Seemingly NOT worried.

So....
What other investigation can there be?

Jay's disappearance seems to be a MISFORTUNE,
not a CRIME.

JMO

The mountains behind Los Gigantes are pretty rugged and inhospitable. Madeira also has similar regions which test the capabilities of experienced hikers and runners.
Darren Kay an accomplished trail runner went missing in December 2022 and has not been found. Google lists a number of other athletes missing and never found on that island. They also appear to be well equipped and experienced in contrast to what we know about Jay.
Just saying.

Two minutes is a really long time to speak on voicemail imo. Has the two minutes been confirmed by the police?

No, it's entirely based on an unverified screenshot of an unverified conversation allegedly had by Lucy on some private messaging service.
But if it  is legitimate, two minutes doesnt seem long for a voicemail to me when the outgoing call duration will include connection, listening to the pre-recorded message and then Lucy potentially leaving a message for Jay - especially if she's concerned. The message isn't going to be a simple and concise 'It's Lucy, call me back.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980