Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's posted now on sm, but it said he spoke to him that morning as he was on the road and then went off the road, so without saying more about it, as you can watch the interview. it's a shame this information wasn't released sooner imo
I don't believe a word of it tbh or Lucy's version of the phone call from Jay! It has been reported it was her that phoned him MOO

Snipped.

That is something I had not considered. Did he step into rough terrain because it would look cool in a photo? The further in, the rougher it got, and the more extreme the photo would look??

Never thought of that, but....maybe?

jmo
Thought he had no phone battery left though? Well according to Lucy that is. I am afraid I dont believe her version at all ! MOO of course

I'm sure they did, as his friend would have been one of the first people they spoke to.
It doesn't add much to the disappearance, IMO. All we can glean from it is that Jay went off the road at some point, which has already been established.
It hasn't been established though has it? Nothing has been proven as a fact

The best friend of missing Jay Slater says he had been on a video call with him before his disappearance - when he heard him go "off the road".

Brad said he was on FaceTime to Jay while he was walking on a road, but the 19-year-old slipped off the road as they spoke.

Speaking to ITV's This Morning, Brad said: “He was on the phone walking down a road and he’d gone over a little bit - not a big drop - but a tiny little drop and he was going down, and he said ‘I’ll ring ya back, I’ll ring ya back’ because I think someone else was ringing him.

"If he was thinking like me, he would have gone back up and started walking on the path again… He wouldn't have gone all that way down there.”

"I knew he went off the road because I could hear like when you walk on gravel.. stones," he added.

However, he said the pair were not concerned until they realised how far away he was from the resort.

Brad continued: “We were both laughing and he said, ‘Look where I am’ and I was like, ‘I’ve just come out of a festival’ and he didn’t seem concerned on the phone until we knew how far away he was.

"I said [to Jay], ‘Put your location on and he said ‘a 15 minute drive or a 14 hour walk, I don’t know if it’s accurate or not’ and I said, ‘If it’s only a 15 minute drive, get a taxi’."

The best friend of missing Jay Slater says he had been on a video call with him before his disappearance - when he heard him go "off the road".

Brad said he was on FaceTime to Jay while he was walking on a road, but the 19-year-old slipped off the road as they spoke.

Speaking to ITV's This Morning, Brad said: “He was on the phone walking down a road and he’d gone over a little bit - not a big drop - but a tiny little drop and he was going down, and he said ‘I’ll ring ya back, I’ll ring ya back’ because I think someone else was ringing him.

"If he was thinking like me, he would have gone back up and started walking on the path again… He wouldn't have gone all that way down there.”

"I knew he went off the road because I could hear like when you walk on gravel.. stones," he added.

However, he said the pair were not concerned until they realised how far away he was from the resort.

Brad continued: “We were both laughing and he said, ‘Look where I am’ and I was like, ‘I’ve just come out of a festival’ and he didn’t seem concerned on the phone until we knew how far away he was.

"I said [to Jay], ‘Put your location on and he said ‘a 15 minute drive or a 14 hour walk, I don’t know if it’s accurate or not’ and I said, ‘If it’s only a 15 minute drive, get a taxi’."
Very strange that Brad is suddenly speaking up now !! I call BS on both him and Lucy. MOO of course

I agree that it is strange.
He was silent for a long time and suddenly BOOM!
Revelations that make fools out of all conspiracy theorists.
And a certain TV detective.

JMO
But we don't know that Brad is telling the truth do we? I would like to know if LE looked at both his and Lucys phone records to confirm their version of events.

Only Spanish Police saved face by not blabbering left an right
and tirelessly search for a missing tourist.

True professionals as I always claimed.

JMO
The same true professionals who claimed to have saved a man from the mountain only for the man who was a well trained experienced hiker to say that he didn’t need help. Looks like they did it for clout

There are other rumours and reports. I’ve heard, not stating fact, that they didn’t get a scent for the dogs.

It APPEARS they only started searching buildings by the phone ping this week.
Now I saw a video by downtherapids, a young mountaineer that the opinion of camera crew he was working with from TV company was the location ping is incorrect as the cell tower itself isn’t accurate.

They have triangulated a new location.
I have seen no evidence of the spanish police questioning that data.
I fail to see how you came to such a conclusion, other than you maybe haven’t came across this information.

I do agree not blabbing is good, but it doesn’t mean they’re professional. It could be to keep control and cover up any mistakes they may have made.

,Why do you think he'd head down the ravine there? And would you please provide me a link the indicates that authorities are certain that he did, thanks!

The location of the last "ping" of his phone is on the track leading down the valley/ravine. It's been shown on this thread many times. A web site called Google will help you with the link.

As to why, one of the possibilities is that just below the road is a building with a water container to the side. It's the first buildings you come across going north after Masca. Whether he reached that and turned back to the road, or carried on down is unknown, but tomorrow will be at least the third time that police will have searched here.

1000003015.png

I can absolutely see why they were not under any suspicion whatsoever if Brad's account of Jay's earlier call was known to LE early on, which seems more and more likely.
Never mentioned they were under suspicion, thanks! However, as part of an investigation, they would surely be in the list of top 5 I'd like to speak with.

If Brad's account is accurate (there's no reason to assume it is not), then it paints a much clearer version of events than we've had previously and practically dispells any suspicions of foul play or bad actors playing a part in Jay's disappearance.
It certainly does paint a very different picture to how the events unfolded that morning. Lucy may have slightly dramatised the story in order to encourage the police to act quickly. It also proves he may have had more bearings on his whereabouts that we were led to believe, with him aware at the time the hike was over ten hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CosDog