Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seeing a lot of comments like "why did Jay leave the Road". This might help:
View attachment 513609

A is where the track leaves the road. It's not visible here but from overhead it's quite wide and clear. The track heads towards B where another track leads to the building at C. The main track then zig zags back to another building at D, probably hidden in the dip before going another 500m past E and ending in what looks like a viewing point. Jays last ping was somewhere between A and B.

Observations:

1. These will be the first buildings Jay has seen since Masca, about a mile back. If he was at this point thirsty, it might make sense to pop down to see if he could ask for water.
2. In spite of what has been said, he was hardly in the back of beyond at this point. It was a modest ascent back to the road on wide track. Edit: Point A is at 740m elevation. B is at 696m. The second building, D, 675m. So at most a 65m ascent back to the road. Nothing for a young lad, but tired, thirsty and maybe still worse for wear? Enough to make you think about carrying on the track? Not sure.
3. What happened next is crucial. Did he, finding the building empty go back to the road? Did he move on to the second building? Did he then, looking at the climb back up to the road, think "in for a penny" and carry on towards the sea?
4. Ironically if he had continued just 200m along the road Carizalles would have come into view.

I only wanted to quote the photo but didn't know how to. I'm wondering if there could be a main road anywhere around point A or higher, where someone could have driven by in a car and thrown his phone down in to the area where it was found down there?

We dont know though that they didnt go after him . It seems they were shocked when Lucy turned up at their door looking for Jay ,suprised she had managed to locate them?

IMO, the single most concerning thing about this whole scenario so far is that almost every piece of information relevant to Jay's disappearance has been provided by a single individual with absolutely nobody else available to corroborate what LE and the media have been told. And this is the same person that allegedly separated from Jay hours before he allegedly got in a car with two men and traveled to Masca.

Apparently, the only other person to have allegedly seen Jay is Ophelia, the owner of the AirBnB where Jay allegedly spent the night. Despite the villa being right in the middle of Masca village, right beside a bus stop, and despite Jay allegedly hiking for an up to an hour or more up the only road leading south into the village (which is also a bus route), not one single other witness has come forward to report seeing Jay anywhere in the vicinity. No villagers, no tourists, no bus drivers, nobody commuting to work, no Guardia and no Police.
One eye witness and one person recalling a conversation they had with the person on the phone. Nobody else has come forward to say they've had a credible sighting.

JMO

Shocked to find out when they opened the door to L that J hadn't caught the bus at the stop in front and been on his way that instead a friend had traveled to them in a panic?

They didn't hide from L and apparently stayed an extra night presumably making themselves available as needed.

Since there was a place I believe I understand, close by to have a coffee and food it's seems within reason for the restless one to have some refreshment while waiting for a bus the sleepy heads oblivious.

I think the rental and the surroundings are fabulous. I could see going just for the fun of it and I could sure see staying there a few days to enjoy the peace and beauty for a break from partying.

Imo

IMO, the single most concerning thing about this whole scenario so far is that almost every piece of information relevant to Jay's disappearance has been provided by a single individual with absolutely nobody else available to corroborate what LE and the media have been told. And this is the same person that allegedly separated from Jay hours before he allegedly got in a car with two men and traveled to Masca.

Apparently, the only other person to have allegedly seen Jay is Ophelia, the owner of the AirBnB where Jay allegedly spent the night. Despite the villa being right in the middle of Masca village, right beside a bus stop, and despite Jay allegedly hiking for an up to an hour or more up the only road leading south into the village (which is also a bus route), not one single other witness has come forward to report seeing Jay anywhere in the vicinity. No villagers, no tourists, no bus drivers, nobody commuting to work, no Guardia and no Police.
One eye witness and one person recalling a conversation they had with the person on the phone. Nobody else has come forward to say they've had a credible sighting.

JMO
I wonder if Ophelia was asked if, when she saw him, Jay was wearing his sunglasses or carrying the cross-body man bag, both of which he was pictured with at the festival?

I only wanted to quote the photo but didn't know how to. I'm wondering if there could be a main road anywhere around point A or higher, where someone could have driven by in a car and thrown his phone down in to the area where it was found down there?
Point A was the point the track left the main road so yes. The track is also evidently navigable by vehicle down to the nearest building (C on my map), as can be seen in this photo (note the tyre ruts):
1000003015.png

That's a water tank too, so perhaps the building is inhabited.

Unlikely to be for drinking water. IBC's are used for bulk transportation/storage of liquids, but they're not ideal for potable water due to the fact that they aren't UV resistant and allow pretty rapid growth of organisms/algae/etc.
More likely to be used for irrigation.

Unlikely to be for drinking water. IBC's are used for bulk transportation/storage of liquids, but they're not ideal for potable water due to the fact that they aren't UV resistant and allow pretty rapid growth of organisms/algae/etc.
More likely to be used for irrigation

Right. I'd try and take a sip if I was thirsty and didn't have any water.

Just looked up these tunnels and they appear to be part of hiking trails and tours. I think if he was in one of them, someone would have come across him by now. They look very creepy, pitch black inside! Not sure I'd want to walk through them!
What tunnels?

When asking the various club promoters who line the streets if they have heard of Mr Slater, the majority of them nod their heads. “Of course I know,” says one outside Revolution bar. “It’s all anyone is talking about, we have a lot of British tourists here who want to know.

Another added that he was aware of the case, adding: “No one knows what happened and I don’t want to speculate but you don’t want to mess with the wrong crowds around here.”

The activity was greatest today near the Los Carrizales ravine, which is a series of barren caves, approximately one hour and a half on foot from the Airbnb where Jay stayed. Video taken by Guardia Civil in Tenerife shows officers searching this particular area - but authorities have yet to confirm any significant updates.
poster.jpg

Last edited:

Quick make an ITV 4 part docu series out of it....

Honestly MWT is like the diver in the Nicola Bulley operation. O.k used your skills and expertise to offer advice when it is needed but don't have a running commentary to the press and nationals.

They're in Luton (or at least flew back there) so no need to make a drama of where they are now given it's not on Tenerife.

If they are suspected of being able to help the investigation further I'm sure they will be spoken to in the near future.

Quick make an ITV 4 part docu series out of it....

Honestly MWT is like the diver in the Nicola Bulley operation. O.k used your skills and expertise to offer advice when it is needed but don't have a running commentary to the press and nationals.

They're in Luton (or at least flew back there) so no need to make a drama of where they are now given it's not on Tenerife.

If they are suspected of being able to help the investigation further I'm sure they will be spoken to in the near future.
Oh god I was thinking of that diver bloke earlier! Wasn’t it Peter something.

He’s probably thinking how he can shoehorn himself in.

View attachment 513355
The house with bus stop outside where 19 year old Jay Slater's phone last pinged, which is his last known location
Would be interesting to see the bus stop from the opposite angle to see if boarded part had info or timetables. i presume the times of 10.00 or 22.00 would be the same in Tenerife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee