Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mountains behind Los Gigantes are pretty rugged and inhospitable. Madeira also has similar regions which test the capabilities of experienced hikers and runners.
Darren Kay an accomplished trail runner went missing in December 2022 and has not been found. Google lists a number of other athletes missing and never found on that island. They also appear to be well equipped and experienced in contrast to what we know about Jay.
Just saying.

Two minutes is a really long time to speak on voicemail imo. Has the two minutes been confirmed by the police?

No, it's entirely based on an unverified screenshot of an unverified conversation allegedly had by Lucy on some private messaging service.
But if it  is legitimate, two minutes doesnt seem long for a voicemail to me when the outgoing call duration will include connection, listening to the pre-recorded message and then Lucy potentially leaving a message for Jay - especially if she's concerned. The message isn't going to be a simple and concise 'It's Lucy, call me back.'

I don't think there's any police force in the world who don't look at phone records as a top priority is there? Whilst we should never assume it would entirely unbelieveable that they haven't done that wouldn't it?
There is nothing to suggest it was faked or untrue.

"Our reporter Helena Vesty

sees helicopter circling skies

as she arrives in Tenerife.

The search is entering its 12th day today
and there are visible signs of activity from the authorities
which are continuing in their efforts to locate the missing teenager.

At Tenerife South Airport last night just before 8pm,
a blue and yellow police helicopter could be seen flying overhead,
before stopping to hover in certain locations.

It comes after bleak outlooks from officers at the heart of the search for Jay.

In an update on Thursday, police searching for the teen said
it was 'very unlikely' Jay will be found alive.

Emergency workers,
including the Civil Guard,
mountain rescue team,
and fire crews,
have been searching a 30-kilometre area,
which has since been expanded.

The search area includes treacherous mountain regions, strewn with dangerous ravines.

A well-placed source from The Civil Guard said:
'No-one at the moment is talking about the search being brought to an end,
even though it’s very unlikely Jay has survived
if he got lost in the mountains in the way we were told he did'.

Also

'Massive' new search operation to commence tomorrow."

The awful reality is that he may never be found. We can all put forward theories as to what happened, but it's looking more and more likely that he made some bad choices that morning.
He was 19 years old and first time abroad. How many of us can honestly say we didn't put ourselves in danger when we were young?

Aside from them of course.

Lancashire Police (and I'm sure a number of other professional UK agencies) have offered their help and been turned down by the Spanish Guardia - understandably so, as I'd imagine they would only be a hindrance on terrain they are altogether unfamiliar with.

The fact Paul Arnott is working alone very much suggests to me that the Guardia don't really welcome his help either. Again, no real surprise considering it appears that he's very much there for himself first, and Jay second.

He's only 'sticking his neck out' in the sense that he's constantly posting clips of himself on TikTok proclaiming how much of an expert tracker he thinks he is.

I bet he'll be gutted if somebody finds Jay before he does. JMO.

Lancashire Police (and I'm sure a number of other professional UK agencies) have offered their help and been turned down by the Spanish Guardia - understandably so, as I'd imagine they would only be a hindrance on terrain they are altogether unfamiliar with.

The fact Paul Arnott is working alone very much suggests to me that the Guardia don't really welcome his help either. Again, no real surprise considering it appears that he's very much there for himself first, and Jay second.

He's only 'sticking his neck out' in the sense that he's constantly posting clips of himself on TikTok proclaiming how much of an expert tracker he thinks he is.

I bet he'll be gutted if somebody finds Jay before he does. JMO.
He is in fact working alongside Mountain rescue and the Police. He has made that obvious.l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm