Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

It’s a shame there is no CCTV or other incontrovertible proof he was there. Based on those people’s claims and the Snapchat of the steps, including a person who might or might not be Jay, I wouldn’t like to assert 100% that he was there. My opinion only, obviously.
Jay's mum should have been able to tell if that looked like his hand in the snapchat. I think it would be out by now if she didn't think it was his hand.

The searchers are focusing a lot of time, energy and money on the search in the mountains. The locations they choose are based on info the police give them. That strongly suggests to me that the police do feel there's enough evidence to place him in Masca. I think they've talked to Jay's friends, talked to the BNB guys and Ofelia to make sure that the identity of the lad they took back fits with Jay. If the messages from Jay with Lucy or Brad were through Facebook, the police would ask to view them and look at the timestamps. So I really think Jay was at the BNB in Masca and was at the location north of Masca at 8.50am.

I'm quite baffled as to why people refer to Jay 'staying over' or 'sleeping at' the AirBnB.

If he left the club at gone 04:00 and it's a 50 minute drive, plus he made some phone calls whilst he was there and had a cigarette standing on the doorstep, then left at 08:00, that's barely a flying visit never mind staying over with the two men. JMO MOO

Jay's mum should have been able to tell if that looked like his hand in the snapchat. I think it would be out by now if she didn't think it was his hand.

The searchers are focusing a lot of time, energy and money on the search in the mountains. The locations they choose are based on info the police give them. That strongly suggests to me that the police do feel there's enough evidence to place him in Masca. I think they've talked to Jay's friends, talked to the BNB guys and Ofelia to make sure that the identity of the lad they took back fits with Jay. If the messages from Jay with Lucy or Brad were through Facebook, the police would ask to view them and look at the timestamps. So I really think Jay was at the BNB in Masca and was at the location north of Masca at 8.50am.
Yes, I agree, the fact the police/official searchers are focusing there does give it credence. I agree with you that they wouldn’t be spending all this time and money if they didn’t think he was there.

And yet I still have that niggling little doubt…. MOO.

(And of course, even timestamps of messages don’t show that the person who allegedly sent the messages, did. Anyone could send messages ‘as’ me from my phone, if they knew the unlock code.)

the backlash made me sick, quite honestly.. She did great.
Absolutely agree. The amount of disgusting,evil people who troll social media is mind blowing . Jays poor friends and family are going through the worst thing imaginable and people think it’s ok to laugh and joke and make up twisted stories for a bit of entertainment. It’s the women who quite clearly have kids of their own who shock me. I would think anyone with kids would feel empathy for a mother going through the most devastating thing that can happen to any mother.

I'm quite baffled as to why people refer to Jay 'staying over' or 'sleeping at' the AirBnB.

If he left the club at gone 04:00 and it's a 50 minute drive, plus he made some phone calls whilst he was there and had a cigarette standing on the doorstep, then left at 08:00, that's barely a flying visit never mind staying over with the two men. JMO MOO
Same- didn't spend much time there actually!
Does anyone know, How far was Jay's place from the rave location?

Absolutely agree. The amount of disgusting,evil people who troll social media is mind blowing . Jays poor friends and family are going through the worst thing imaginable and people think it’s ok to laugh and joke and make up twisted stories for a bit of entertainment. It’s the women who quite clearly have kids of their own who shock me. I would think anyone with kids would feel empathy for a mother going through the most devastating thing that can happen to any mother.
Truth.

The tabloids must also be held accountable..
They feed this frenzy of cruelty and rarely check facts.

@Sillybilly hope it’s ok to post this. Isla Traquair is the ITV / GMTV News investigative journalist who has been in Tenerife covering this story. In this video she addresses some of the most commonly debated questions about Jay and his disappearance.

Isla clears up lots of the unanswered questions here. Thanks for sharing. I really hope they're searching in the right area. Surely the location drop he sent to Lucy is more accurate than the signal pings? Or am I wrong and they've already looked there?

this case is so hard to make a judgement on

Usually in these cases I’d just presume it was an accidental death by falling, drowning or dehydrating

I still have question marks about this case

If he had robbed something and got into a fight then he could’ve easily been targeted

More likely He could’ve also been extremely paranoid if he had robbed something and tried avoiding the roads hence him going through the mountains

Isla clears up lots of the unanswered questions here. Thanks for sharing. I really hope they're searching in the right area. Surely the location drop he sent to Lucy is more accurate than the signal pings? Or am I wrong and they've already looked there?
There were some maps posted in an earlier thread showing three valleys that they'd been searching. So they've not only been searching where his location showed in the location drop to Lucy but also in the next two valleys I believe.

I doubt it is likely but could he have walked on for more hours and hence be much further away from Masca?

Also , people say he went to that house to sleep. IMO I doubt that … he went to hang out and continue the party and hadn’t slept at all by 8 am

Whatever reason he was off road within 50 minutes of departure he felt scared but that doesn’t mean he remained in that area … he could have walked on for hours.

The scene must be so difficult to manage and so many variables his parents must be so anguished - stolen watch… possibility of drug pusher involvement … just a lost son … run off the road .., social media ckk ll aims of kidnapping
None are happy scenarios for the family to consider

I agree. The speed of her going to the Police, her getting a lift up there, locating the airbnb - makes it look like she knew more and/or he was in serious trouble.
I wonder why she went to the air b&b when she knew he had already left there. I thought she was the last person he spoke to before his phone ran out and that hed told her he was lost. Curious that she went to the house.

Last edited:
I wonder why she went to the air b&b when she knew he had already left there. I thought she was the last person he spoke to before his phone ran out and that hed tokd here he was lost. Curious that she went to the house.
To get her bearings, presumably.
A starting point.

It makes perfect sense, actually.

Something just doesn't pass this old boy's sniff test. Too many unanswered questions. Like...Was JS actually the last one to be in possession of his phone? Did JS really walk off in to the craggy mountainside, down some dangerous ravine? Might JS have been attempting to hide from someone, for some reason? Was he involved in some as yet unknown impropriety? Just how did he come to be traveling with the two of whom we know little? Has he been kidnapped? Did he wish to disappear and start a new life? Has the underworld, the cartel if you will, or some other person, or organization, murdered him and hidden his body? The list of questions one might ask can be very lengthy.

Fact is, he's disappeared. I'd be inclined to search the very property he was last reported to have been at....meaning, unfathomed locations. Is he in a cellar, a chimney, the trunk of a car, bottom of a hand dug well?

Lots of stuff out there relative to these cases, beaucoup sm to dive in to, but often times, the simplest answers are the ones. I'm tending, at this moment, to think he's not off the road lying in a ravine, rather, he left that area in a car, for reasons yet obscure, whereabouts unknown.

There are some potential signs in nature one might see should this young man have died in the mountains, I'd be cognizant of that too.

Something just doesn't pass this old boy's sniff test. Too many unanswered questions.
I think the simplest explanation is still the most likely one. It's a mountainous region with very dense shrubbery. People are assuming he would have been found by now if he was there, but the "needle in a haystack" analogy was never more apt.

We also know for sure that he was in that environment when contact was lost, and we know that he wasn't equipped for the length hike he set out on.

The "two of whom we know little" were spoken to be investigators early on and allowed to go home. We know little about them because it's been determined that there's nothing worth knowing, and publicising their identities would only ruin their lives.

He's too young and not smart enough to "start a new life" by disappearing and leaving no trace, and he doesn't seem high-value enough for an abduction by a drug cartel or anyone wanting a ransom. He's not likely to be hiding from anyone, since he seemed in good spirits when contact was lost.

All the evidence suggests he simply got lost. It's not very exciting, and it's not likely to have a happy ending, but it's the most likely explanation.

It said in the newspapers yesterday that both “Johnny Vegas” and his mate were seen drinking Hennessey cognac at the rave, we are led to believe that a driver who has been drinking brandy is able to successfully drive through twisty mountain turns feet away from ravines with drops of hundreds of feet, doesn’t sound very easy to me, or likely, which would suggest to me there might have been a 4th person in the car, someone driving who had not been drinking at all

I think the simplest explanation is still the most likely one. It's a mountainous region with very dense shrubbery. People are assuming he would have been found by now if he was there, but the "needle in a haystack" analogy was never more apt.

We also know for sure that he was in that environment when contact was lost, and we know that he wasn't equipped for the length hike he set out on.

The "two of whom we know little" were spoken to be investigators early on and allowed to go home. We know little about them because it's been determined that there's nothing worth knowing, and publicising their identities would only ruin their lives.

He's too young and not smart enough to "start a new life" by disappearing and leaving no trace, and he doesn't seem high-value enough for an abduction by a drug cartel or anyone wanting a ransom. He's not likely to be hiding from anyone, since he seemed in good spirits when contact was lost.

All the evidence suggests he simply got lost. It's not very exciting, and it's not likely to have a happy ending, but it's the most likely explanation.
This. I agree with you. I understand that it’s useful to look at other rational possibilities, but some of the theories are ridiculous, baseless and unhelpful. It’s also rather easy (and unfair) to state that his friends are iffy or lying (!) and that this could be linked to the robbery of a watch, but again, baseless. All of the evidence points to him being lost. And the police have stated, they have looked at other aspects and leads in the case.

I agree that the simplest of explanations is the most likely. As you rightly say, the two men were spoken to by the Police and allowed to fly home to the UK. I think you are spot on - he got lost and sadly, it is not likely to have a happy ending. He was not equipped for the journey he set out on, he could not have had much sleep and may well have had something in his system. Even the experienced mountain hikers have stated how difficult the terrain is. I do wonder how long the search will continue before it is scaled down and called off. I wonder how his family will react if and when this happens. I hope they find him. There was an article about people going missing in Tenerife every year and how some are not found for many months or never found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back