Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it that so many people try to look beyond the most sensible,likely and logical explanation in these cases?
not every case can be like something out of a television drama!.....the lad wandered off into a place he knew nothing at all about and was ill equipped to cope with - why on earth there always needs to be such a circus of drama and speculation in these cases i have absolutely no clue

why is it that so many people try to look beyond the most sensible,likely and logical explanation in these cases?
not every case can be like something out of a television drama!.....the lad wandered off into a place he knew nothing at all about and was ill equipped to cope with - why on earth there always needs to be such a circus of drama and speculation in these cases i have absolutely no clue
I think it stems from the fact he was in a party resort known for drugs. Perhaps if he had just walked off from the rave and got lost it would not seem so unusual. It is the trip up to the mountains in a car with 2 seemingly random older men and the money fund starting so quickly that has raised a lot of questions MOO

Where is this video? I’ve only seen a still photograph of Lucy talking in Jay’s ear.
Am I allowed to post links to Tiktok channels... Her name is Leah.Birchxx, that's the clearest version I've seen, I've been trying to find the original source but looks like the media used her version too and blurred everything out

Given that the two older men are presumably the last people to have seen Jay Slater alive, does anyone else find it a tad strange that when they returned to the UK, police didn't want to speak with them? According to statements from British police, they have no intention of even interviewing them. Yes, I appreciate that Jay probably got injured and this is misadventure etc, but even so, given that nobody is clear as to why he went with these two men, surely they are still relevant to some extent?
I agree.

Well, it started when Jay’s mum said she’d received a text saying she’d never see her boy again because he owed someone money. Then it became clear drugs were rife at the rave and Jay looked like he may have partaken. Then there were lots of rumours about his friends and dealing. Then we looked at lifestyles and that seemed a plausibility, not many students can afford monthly holidays with no proper job. Then there were two mysterious men and talk of a missing watch / money / drugs. Then both parents said he’d never have attempted to climb mountains and posited he’d been abducted. Then there’s a £40k fund. I guess that all set the rumour mill going at full pelt…

…we didn’t get any of this about Michael Mosley or any of the other missing hikers. But Jay wasn’t a hiker and had no logical reason to be in those hills, so I think looking at alternatives was and is wholly understandable.

Of course, all the dodgy shenanigans may well be true, but that doesn’t mean it’s related to his disappearance. Easy to see why social media has gone wild with this one, though.

Unless it provides solid information to put his last location somewhere other than those mountains, I fail to see its relevance. If it had been a smartwatch that could have pinged its location and there was real reason think he might have been carrying it, I don't see how it helps to find him.

When someone's been lost up a mountain for three days without water in inhospitable conditions, it does not matter why they went up the mountain.
It would matter though if foul play had occured which is still a possibility . There is no firm evidence that he walked off into the mountains. MOO

They aren't the last people though, the neighbour lady and Brad via the phone saw him after he left the airbnb so unless he returned unseen they are unlikely to the cause of whatever happened afterwards other than being the means by which he was in the mountains if the first place.

JMO
That is only true if we believe they are being truthful . MOO

With this case it feels like the unfortunate combo of potential theories leaking from his friends / family + no real official press conference taking control of the situation let it run wild.

But occasionally some cases do end up like something out of a crime thriller... Take Wayne Couzens for example now who would have expected that scenario. I'm sure maybe he stumbled off a cliff somewhere but people can look into angles in this because who knows how it will end or if something shows up of relevence, they stopped the search but continued the crime investigation that tells me they too think this is far from straight forward

I believe the possibility was mentioned a while back. Something to do with sliding down a canyon, or maybe hoping to flag down a passing boat.
He was literally miles away from the sea. A prepared and experienced climber would have found the descent to sea level across that terrain difficult, ever mind a hungover 19 year old Lancs lad who previously found a walk to the local hairdressers a challenge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240628_212338_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240628_212338_Maps.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 3
But occasionally some cases do end up like something out of a crime thriller... Take Wayne Couzens for example now who would have expected that scenario. I'm sure maybe he stumbled off a cliff somewhere but people can look into angles in this because who knows how it will end or if something shows up of relevence, they stopped the search but continued the crime investigation that tells me they too think this is far from straight forward
Wayne Couzens was an individual who took advantage of his position of trust in order to commit a crime. It's hardly unheard of, and absolutely not comparable to some of the frankly ridiculous theories surrounding this case.

Well, it started when Jay’s mum said she’d received a text saying she’d never see her boy again because he owed someone money. Then it became clear drugs were rife at the rave and Jay looked like he may have partaken. Then there were lots of rumours about his friends and dealing. Then we looked at lifestyles and that seemed a plausibility, not many students can afford monthly holidays with no proper job. Then there were two mysterious men and talk of a missing watch / money / drugs. Then both parents said he’d never have attempted to climb mountains and posited he’d been abducted. Then there’s a £40k fund. I guess that all set the rumour mill going at full pelt…

…we didn’t get any of this about Michael Mosley or any of the other missing hikers. But Jay wasn’t a hiker and had no logical reason to be in those hills, so I think looking at alternatives was and is wholly understandable.

Of course, all the dodgy shenanigans may well be true, but that doesn’t mean it’s related to his disappearance. Easy to see why social media has gone wild with this one, though.
Exactly...there have been many inconsistencies in this case, why has the mum not been on media asking for information leading to his whereabouts or anything? It's like she already knows something most don't. I personally find the whole background of this strange and think there have been many porky pies told along the way

I think if the cuts from a cactus/other injuries were bad enough to need a cover story there would be visible blood evidence on the ground. It's totally normal imo that an untravelled teen who finds himself in usual terrain after a laughing call with one friend would be bigging up a cactus scratch for lols.

I don't get the impression that any of the parties involved here are master criminals spinning any kind of web of lies, they are teens who find themselves caught up in something they maybe don't have the maturity to act in a way that more mature outsiders think they would act.

Is anyone posting here a current active participant in the Tenerife rave/drug culture?

JMO
Unfortunately many UK teens get involved with drugs. taking/ dealing. County lines is an example here in UK. Much of the knife crime\ stabbings culture here now is gang/drugs related. With many involved much younger than 19 !
I dont think any of the 3 are the naive innocent teenagers you believe them to be .That of course is just my take on the situation

Wayne Couzens was an individual who took advantage of his position of trust in order to commit a crime. It's hardly unheard of, and absolutely not comparable to some of the frankly ridiculous theories surrounding this case.
Many were shocked at the outcome I followed the entire thing on here, what theories are you talking about all I see is people trying to piece things together and most have done well to ignore any of these hidden friend Lucy was a drug dealer type crap and the Rolex but then the Rolex gets bought up 10 days later so it makes you think maybe there is more to this than some drug addict falling off a cliff ...Maybe not who knows still grabbed my interest though I must say. Especially the lack of action by the parents, really he's still a kid despite his age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeroAlpha