Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is just strange

I think the fact the police have searched the airbnb once again is an indication they aren’t 100% convinced this is as clear cut as him going missing in the mountains.

I think people need to be honest in this case.. Jay was not this ‘squeaky clean nice guy’ he was out for trouble that night IMO whether that be drugs or robbery - the fact one of these men is a convicted criminal who was in a gang, we don’t know about the other man, Lucy has question marks over her due to her frequent travel arrangements - all raises questions.

whilst the most likely outcome is still death in the mountains there’s still a huge question mark about what happened that night which need to be investigated.
Thinking as a thief...i'd personally have left my criminal antics till the last night. Next day on a plane outta there. When was Jay due to leave?

It wasn’t a photo, it was a screenshot of a video in which he is showing a cigarette, panning from his feet to the beautiful view he is looking at infront of the house. Very normal for a young man on holiday, and not a wise thing for a criminal to expose their location on the victim’s snapchat, Moo!
Was it in his story or sent in a private chat? Just wondering what the motivation would be to screenshot it if it was sent privately...

"Bar apologises for

Facebook post

mocking Jay Slater.

The owners of Bees Knees bar in Accrington, Lancashire,
said the image, making light of the search for the 19-year-old,
had been posted by Affordable Social.

They described the post as 'completely unacceptable'
and said the bar had donated £1,000 to a crowdfunding page supporting Mr Slater's family.

Affordable Social also apologised,
saying the employee responsible
'no longer works' for the company.

The bar is only a short distance from Mr Slater's home town of Oswaldtwistle and the teenager is believed to have been a customer on occasion.

In a statement, also posted on its Facebook page, Bees Knees said it had terminated its contract with Affordable Social after
'not receiving an adequate explanation'.

The company which runs the bar, headquartered in Blackburn, said it had contracted Affordable Social three months ago to improve its social media presence with light-hearted posts, including 'humour and sports talk'.

It said:
'The post that made it onto the page was neither one of the above and was highly insensitive and deeply offensive.
As a business we are utterly gobsmacked that this has happened and how somebody could find good humour in a missing boy'."

:oops:

How do people think this case will end? There has been a slow feed of information, In particular I am thinking of Brad Hargreaves who told ITV about his phone call with Jay, sliding down a gravel slope, I am supposing that the Spanish Police knew about it and asked him to keep quiet, but it was made known by ITV five days after the search had started. Then the watch information came in very late as did hard information on the men who hired the AirBnB at Mascas, this all almost two weeks after the search started. There seems to have been much hidden information, people in Lancs seemed to have suspicions about what was going on and I think most people thought that there were drug connections with young people being used as runners and mules.
I think it is possible that Jay ran off into the wilderness and collapsed and it may take a long time to find him, but as the slow bleed of information continues, I suppose the case will still attract interest.
What I am wondering, will the UK police open an inquiry?

Harg L Rach
Admin
· 1h ·
She should not need to do this this is a post from Debbie
I feel the need to post this to your group and then I shall remove myself. I joined this group to share the positivity and love from the British public. It seems through no fault of my own you have all decided to make up your own minds. It is really sad I have felt the need to do this. My beautiful son Jay is still missing and believe me this is no holiday. He came on his first holiday to Tenerife to attend the NRG music event. What mystery surrounding his disappearance may never surface. We as a family are truly devastated. I did not ask for publicity from the start and was not aware that the first missing poster had my telephone number on it. It should have had the SOS Guardia Civil but like I say this was out of my control. Whatever decision you have in your minds I cannot control this either. We are a normal working family from Lancashire going through hell. I would like to thank the genuine people for their love and support at this difficult time and to continue to pray for Jay to be found. For those of you who are more concerned around the page I can assure you that up to now it has not been used and our stay up to now has been financed by ourselves. I do have proof of transactions and transfers to other persons but I should not have to justify this. So you can make up your own minds. If any of you in this group have donated I am thankful . For the other mothers out there. Please continue to pray . Thank you

You have got to imagine the enormous amount of strain Debbie is under mentally and emotionally I cannot comprehend the torture Jay's mum is going through her life will never be the same ,all the Facebook huns typing behind their anonymity victim blaming and shaming the poor woman does facebook not regulate and delete mentally abusive and bullying posts these people want to pray that the shoe is not on the other foot in their lifetimes, To loose a child in any circumstances is difficult but to be living the unknown is absolutely terrifying and before anyone quotes he wasn't a child we are all our mother's child in our mother's mind no matter our age

How do people think this case will end? There has been a slow feed of information, In particular I am thinking of Brad Hargreaves who told ITV about his phone call with Jay, sliding down a gravel slope, I am supposing that the Spanish Police knew about it and asked him to keep quiet, but it was made known by ITV five days after the search had started. Then the watch information came in very late as did hard information on the men who hired the AirBnB at Mascas, this all almost two weeks after the search started. There seems to have been much hidden information, people in Lancs seemed to have suspicions about what was going on and I think most people thought that there were drug connections with young people being used as runners and mules.
I think it is possible that Jay ran off into the wilderness and collapsed and it may take a long time to find him, but as the slow bleed of information continues, I suppose the case will still attract interest.
I think his body will eventually be found in the hills. I hope I’m wrong and he’s alive somewhere, but all the current (actual) evidence points to him getting lost and having some form of accident or succumbing to the elements.

and is that photo dated? Could have been taken on a different date? Is the blanket just covering some shoes but the hand is someone else's? Who knows? JMO
As someone else has said, his mother would know his hands.
By comparing photos side by side it certainly looks like his hand, aswell as the exact way he holds the cigarette. Based on this, and who we know the other 2 at the airbnb to be (definitely not their hands) I believe that pic is legit

I think he will be found randomly in a few weeks/months by a hiker, but I do think he ended up maybe quite a lot further than last pinged location, before falling or collapsing

Agreed, I think he will be found eventually in the wilderness but could be in the coming weeks, could be in a few years - see others who were found after a great deal of time had passed - I think the intense media interest has created a lot of rumour and gossip, but ultimately many ongoing police investigations in the UK rarely give blow by blow accounts of the details and the Spanish police have held back notably from the media.

I don’t think UK police can realistically “open a case” that involves foreign soil as their legal jurisdiction ends with the borders of the UK except by special agreement/intelligence agencies - MOO - I don’t know if anyone knows more.

Spanish LE likely had no idea who this bloke was when they took his statement. He had checked into the AirBnB under a false name and the LE were looking for a missing person, not investigating a crime.
I'd be incredibly surprised if Spanish LE were sharing any information with Lancashire Police that early into the investigation.

His crime might have been 11 years ago and he's not a POI so I have to choose my words carefully, but nothing about his statement adds up. Particularly the:

Really? He was 10 minutes away from his apartment, which was paid for.
I dont imagine many clean up their act either. Its a character thing. I wonder if this business is easier to carry out across borders. Maybe thats why he took ops to Tenerife. He done his time and learned a lesson from it?

I am not convinced he absconded with anything of theirs, if he stole from them it wouldn’t take long for them to get their revenge in England, they would have hunted him down there, especially as they associates of Lucy, he would have no hiding place

<modsnip: Speculation re orientation is a violation of Websleuths Terms of Service>
I think theyd have a better chance at getting away with it by doing it there, then leaving back to UK...I do wonder if this is just the standard MO even for dealing. It muddies the water.

This was discussed previously but it specifies in the article that a man had his rolex watch stolen at the club and Jay admitted to his friends he had it. 'Burly' Rolex owner could hold key to Jay case after teen 'stole £12k watch'

I dont believe Jay stole it from the club. I believe the 2 men did then Jay stole it from them the next morning and ran.
I don't believe Jay stole the watch either. Judging by the state he was in at the rave do we really think he had the wits about him to steal the watch from the arm of a big burly guy and get away with it !! Those who steal like this are usually skilled at it and have had plenty of practice . These type of thefts are lucrative business for criminals who go to these sort of places for that very purpose. Although more common in the upmarket resorts on Ibiza where the rich and famous go to party. Veronicas strip and Playa de las America are pretty down market .MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gingina30
Back