Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

looks like this is the same guy:

"Police were called to Hermitage Road, Rishton, near the old paper mill, at 9pm on August 6, 2021, after Thomas Hilton – who was 17 at the time – had been chased and attacked by a large group of youths.

Following a trial, a jury came back and found the eight teenagers, some of whom cannot be named for legal reasons, all guilty of violent disorder.

<modsnip - copyright violation>

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting article with quotes from his mum

Says from what she’s been told she thinks he’s been taken against his will

Doesn’t divulge in what she’s been told though - I’m starting to feel the same way mainly due to his previous conviction he obviously mixed in the wrong crowds

My best guess would be anywhere from Playa de las Americas strip area up towards Adeje. Adeje itself is known to be more expensive than Playa de las Americas and not really somewhere the young ones would have as much of a ball imo. More couply.

edited by me: correct a spelling
How likely would someone stop for an individual walking on that road if they were flagged down? Someone upthread said there is more crime now on Tenerife. Don't know if that's by natives or tourists, but anyone being told to be careful may decide not to pick up a hitchhiker. If someone did see him on the road walking, after finding out about a missing person, hopefully they would contact LE. The fact that no one has at this time, suggests he went off on a hiking trail.

I wonder why he chose to leave so early in the morning? Was anyone up at the place he stayed at? Did no one offer him a ride? Were they all around the same age, where the issue of safety never seems to be on the burner and just said something, Okay, dude, see you around and went back to sleep.

I haven't read the whole thread yet so I'm interested in what those people have to offer LE regarding his state of mind, etc. If he'd been drinking a lot the night before he'd be pretty dehydrated and probably didn't drink much before he left the house. I can't really blame him for his youthful optimism as a factor in his situation since Michael Mosely an intelligent doctor who advised the public on healthful ways of living did exactly what Jay has done, decide to walk back to his abode in blistering heat without shade or water on a Greek Island. I hope without the same results but I'm not optimistic.

looks like this is the same guy:

"Police were called to Hermitage Road, Rishton, near the old paper mill, at 9pm on August 6, 2021, after Thomas Hilton – who was 17 at the time – had been chased and attacked by a large group of youths.

Following a trial, a jury came back and found the eight teenagers, some of whom cannot be named for legal reasons, all guilty of violent disorder.

<modsnip - copyright violation>
MOD NOTE: As regards this article, a quick reminder from Etiquette & Information, linked below this post:

"VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case."

I hope to see Jay located safe soon.

Knitty,

British journalist Chris Elkington, editor of the Canarian Weekly, told the BBC the terrain at Mr Slater's last known location was "harsh".

He said: "It's a rural park where you get a lot of hiking trails, it's very mountainous, quite sparse, quite barren.

"Quite deserty in a lot of ways, with some very deep ravines and valleys.

"It's certainly somewhere you would not want to be in normal conditions without the correct footwear, particularly without water."

Apologies if I'm behind on this but has there been any mention of why he left so early in the morning? Didn't wait for a lift back from the person he went there with.
Did no one have a charger ? Why leave without charge and not a clue where you are going ?
Was he still intoxicated if had been partying ? ...what have the friends he stayed with have to say ?so many questions

Last edited:
Four people went back to that apartment: the two guys who were renting the apartment, Jay, and a friend of Jay. Where did Jay's friend go? Did he continue to stay at the apartment with the other two guys? I get the impression that Jay's friend has traveled abroad with him to Tenerife so why did they not head back home (meaning to their rental place in Tenerife) together?

Four people went back to that apartment: the two guys who were renting the apartment, Jay, and a friend of Jay. Where did Jay's friend go? Did he continue to stay at the apartment with the other two guys? I get the impression that Jay's friend has traveled abroad with him to Tenerife so why did they not head back home (meaning to their rental place in Tenerife) together?
I had not read that his friend went back to the apartment with the 3 of them just the friend had stayed out partying with them when Lucy went home

They always refer to the other person as another friend. Unnamed. Mmm

Apologies if I'm behind on this but has there been any mention of why he left so early in the morning? Didn't wait for a lift back from the person he went there with.
Did no one have a charger ? Why leave without charge and not a clue where you are going ?
Was he still intoxicated if had been partying ? ...what have the friends he stayed with have to say ?so many questions
I remember being his age in similar situations and his actions (leaving quietly, I assume) make perfect sense to me. If he was 'on something' the night before then it seriously lowers your inhibitions and suddenly everyone is your best friend. Once it wears off, you're acutely aware that it's actually quite awkward that you're in a random person's house. You'd rather leave quietly while they sleep it off than wait an indeterminate amount of time for them to wake up.

It would also explain not charging his phone. if you're off your face it doesn't strike you as important, or you don't even notice. In the morning you wake up on a sofa and don't even know where they keep anything. Leaving just seems like less of a fuss.

I remember being his age in similar situations and his actions (leaving quietly, I assume) make perfect sense to me. If he was 'on something' the night before then it seriously lowers your inhibitions and suddenly everyone is your best friend. Once it wears off, you're acutely aware that it's actually quite awkward that you're in a random person's house. You'd rather leave quietly while they sleep it off than wait an indeterminate amount of time for them to wake up.

It would also explain not charging his phone. if you're off your face it doesn't strike you as important, or you don't even notice. In the morning you wake up on a sofa and don't even know where they keep anything. Leaving just seems like less of a fuss.
Yes that makes sense ...what a nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member