Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiktok video with Lucy speaking about last contact etc. [Edit to add; it's not the full interview, just a snippet I've come across as I'm scrolling le tikentoken]

I have a gut feeling this isn't going to end well at this point.
It's been a few days now and there is no sign of him, no water, no phone, no food, in the heat etc.... It doesn't sit well in my mind bless him.

They always refer to the other person as another friend. Unnamed. Mmm
So how did this friend get back to where he was staying then? (Which I presume is the same hotel/apartment as Jay).

Why did Jay decide randomly to up and leave the strangers apartment on his own at 8am?

There is a lot of abandoning friends in this sorry saga.

Jay abandoned his friend Lucy at the NRG rave to go to this after-party with people he'd just met.

Then later he abandoned his friend who went to the strangers apartment with him.

I can understand he was high-spirited and wanted to enjoy himself, but don't these kids feel any responsibility towards one other?!

Does anyone know how popular this NRG recent is?
Very popular, it was held at the Hard Rock Café & Hotel n Playa de Las Americas, the biggest tourist area on the island.
Thousands would have attended the event, which would have been turned into a nightclub. And they would have pool parties during the day
And if you’re not a local but on holiday why would you have your accommodation so far from it and hire a car for the weekend when you are going to be partying?
Yes, that's the worrying thing. Why would you rent an apartment neatly an hour's drive away in a rural non-tourist part of the island?
It's not like there is a shortage of accommodation in Plays de Las Americas!
May be these strangers wanted it to be rural for privacy reasons, and perhaps other reasons like drugs and partying etc. No other hotel guests or apartments to keep awake at night, noone seeing what you're doing, hardly any chance of police etc.

apologies if this has been mentioned before, i've read the thread but may have missed-
Eight thugs who split boy's head open with machete dodge jail this article has been brought up a few times elsewhere- with some speculation his disappearance is related to this and targeted, although that does seem farfetched.
attack happened in 2021 and sentencing was last august

So how did this friend get back to where he was staying then? (Which I presume is the same hotel/apartment as Jay).

Why did Jay decide randomly to up and leave the strangers apartment on his own at 8am?

Jay abandoned his friend Lucy at the NRG rave to go to this after-party with people he'd just met.

Then later he abandoned his friend who went to the strangers apartment with him.

I can understand he was high-spirited and wanted to enjoy himself, but don't these kids feel any responsibility towards one other?!
Lucy had already said she left NRG earlier because she was tired.

I don’t think the other boy ever went back to the other peoples apartment.

From what I’ve read I believe this is what happened

Lucy left the rave earlier as she was tired.

Jay & the other boy stayed at the rave with the 2 new friends they met.

The other boy went back to his own hotel/ apartment when Jay decided to get in a car and go back to the new friends apartment.

Does anyone have any idea at what time the rave would finish? These things tend to go well into the early hours so by the time Jay got to the other peoples apartment I’d say you’d be looking at least about 5am/6am which means he didn’t stay very long which adds to my thoughts that he left hastily that morning

Jay's story has featured on UK TV news this morning. Sky are sending a reporter out to Tenerife today, BBC News already have a correspondent there. From the on-location televised BBC report, it struck me how busy the road is with cars near where Jay went missing.

apologies if this has been mentioned before, i've read the thread but may have missed-
Eight thugs who split boy's head open with machete dodge jail this article has been brought up a few times elsewhere- with some speculation his disappearance is related to this and targeted, although that does seem farfetched.
attack happened in 2021 and sentencing was last august
I think it’s indeed farfetched to believe the two are directly related, but as for the nasty messages that his mom has been receiving, I think this very well could explain why.

Last edited:
I think it’s indeed farfetched to believe the two are directly related, but as for the nasty messages that his mom has been receiving, I think this very well could explain why.
yep, that was my thought.
this case does seem to be attracting more hoax reports than others in a similar time frame and this may well be why, rather than 'members of a tenerife gang trying to confuse police' which is what i read on a rather enthusiastic conspiracy post

Interesting article.The Mirror newspaper says the NRG rave is "insane".
Jay has apparently attended the rave before.
I think it was his first time attending the rave

The rave lasted for 3 days/nights, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Each night had a different location.

The Friday and Saturday nights finished at 02.00hrs, and the last night (Sunday) finished at 04.00hrs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240620-114407~2.png
    Screenshot_20240620-114407~2.png
    292.8 KB · Views: 16
From my knowledge of Tenerife (my dad lived in Los Cristianos for a decade in the 90s). He discovered that there was a huge gangster underworld on the island which would probably not be apparent to your average tourist visiting for a week or so. My dad commented that people used to disappear regularly if they crossed the wrong person, never to be heard of again. My father never ran in these circles and ultimately he left the island as he realised that his retirement dream would be better suited to a quiet, rural area in mainland Spain instead. Just to give you a perspective to the sinister underbelly and drug scene in Tenerife.

Yes heard this also. Seemingly the bars / clubs have to pay protection money to said gangs too.

From what I u/stand he went on holiday with 2 friends - Brad and Lucy. He went to NRG rave with both Brad and Lucy but Lucy left the rave early to go back to their apartment leaving Brad and Jay at NRG. Seems as if Brad and Jay met 2 maybe 3 unknown guys (I have read 2 and 3 not sure which is correct) and Jay went back to said apartment/villa beside Mascas town with 2 of them. Brad did not, he either stayed at the rave or went back to their holiday apartment, he was not with Jay on the Monday.

I have always wondered why Brad never went with them but there could be 100s of different reasons why, doesn’t have to be suspicious.

What I do find strange however is Lucy knew exactly where to go on the Monday to speak to those 2 guys. Maybe this was from the Snapchat Jay sent on the Monday morning (cigarette in hand, draped in a cover) but yeah that I do find odd.

Last edited:
I can’t imagine the mechanism for how he “cut all his leg up” (per Lucy Law’s interview) on a cactus, if he was on a path? Could the pin drop with his final location be inaccurate enough that he was well off the footpath at this point?

I assumed cactus would cause puncture wounds, rather than cuts. If you just brush past one cut it cause horizontal cuts?

Blood loss would intensify the effects of dehydration.

Interesting article.The Mirror newspaper says the NRG rave is "insane".
I flew from Manchester to Tenerife South last Thursday and there were a lot of groups of youngsters on the flight. I wasn’t aware there was a rave but this explains it.

The weather here today is already pretty hot with no breeze and less cloud than yesterday. It’s not going to be easy for the search parties in this heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw