Jaycee's Girls

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope the younger girls can someday realize that they are lucky to be free of that man and his wife. He's deranged and said to be violent in the past. There's no telling how he might have handled the girls becoming older and wanting independence. I don't think he'd have ever let them go if they should have wanted to date, drive, get married, get a real job, etc. Unless he had phony ones made up, there are no social security cards, birth certificates, shot records, nothing. The girls could never have left home, and that is very scary.

I hope the younger girls can someday realize that they are lucky to be free of that man and his wife. He's deranged and said to be violent in the past. There's no telling how he might have handled the girls becoming older and wanting independence. I don't think he'd have ever let them go if they should have wanted to date, drive, get married, get a real job, etc. Unless he had phony ones made up, there are no social security cards, birth certificates, shot records, nothing. The girls could never have left home, and that is very scary.

Officially, the two girls don't exist. That, in and of itself, is scary! :eek:

Officially, the two girls don't exist. That, in and of itself, is scary! :eek:

I have been curious about that as well. How do the girls get established into the "system"so to speak without a birth cert.? Entering school, assumeing they might? Getting a SS#? Drivers license?

How does all that work legally?

I can't imagine PG allowing Jaycee or the girls to be online. To use the computer to design business cards is one thing, but to have unfettered Internet access is another.

If there was online access, I would think Jaycee would have searched her own name to find out if her parents or the authorities were actively looking for her. If she was allowed to read the news stories of her kidnapping and the ongoing search, I would think she would have been motivated to plan an escape.

I do not imagine it either. I do not think he hooked up an Internet...He probably got a self learn program...and
Maybe he only let her work on the computer when he was around. dont know...

I can't imagine PG allowing Jaycee or the girls to be online. To use the computer to design business cards is one thing, but to have unfettered Internet access is another.

If there was online access, I would think Jaycee would have searched her own name to find out if her parents or the authorities were actively looking for her. If she was allowed to read the news stories of her kidnapping and the ongoing search, I would think she would have been motivated to plan an escape.

I agree, Jaycee probably did have limited internet access. However, IMO even if she did have unfetted internet access and discovered she was still being actively looked for, I don't believe she would have tried to escape.

During his captivity, Shawn Hornbeck used the internet and looked up his own name and came across a site run by his parents. He even posted a question on the site asking how long his parents intended to keep looking for him. He never tried to escape. He even went on a vacation with his captor's neighbors, while his captor stayed home.

I think both Garrido and Shawn's captor had a mental hold over them that none of us (who haven't been in that position) will ever understand.

Thinking more about all the things these girls likely missed in their lives, I wonder if they ever had vaccinations/inoculations. If not, they are at risk of contracting a variety of diseases. They probably need so much help. I really hope that Jaycee and her girls find a quiet, protective and secluded community where people can't be bought and will surround them with love and support. I hope the girls can attend a small private school where the other children are taught to be respectful. I think in the Fritzl case, the family found a neighborhood somewhat like that. They need a peaceful environment in which they can reenter society slowly, quietly and without the media involved.

She called him and told him that they had a sister. I wonder if she found out from reading the news, and reading their Dad's name as Jaycee's bio-dad. OUCH!

I read some of the comments re. the story you linked, and had to laugh when someone wrote that this "bio dad" must have -quote- "SOME SET"-unquote- on him to suddenly show concern for the daughter he abandoned before she was even born! Hey dude, you had ELEVEN YEARS to be in her life before her kidnapping; where wereya?!!! JERK!! I hope Jaycee shuts him out of her life now just as he shut her out of his as soon as he found out she existed!!:steamed:

She wouldn't have been allowed on the computer/she wouldn't have even been taught about the computer until he was totally confident that she would not do anything that he wouldn't like. So she probably was allowed on the computer and on the internet unsupervised.

When a person is brainwashed, they don't think for themselves or about themselves. They think only what their captors want them to think. I know that is difficult to comprehend. But when the horror and torture are bad enough, keeping the captor happy becomes paramount.

Here is an article where Colleen Stan was interviewed in relation to Jaycee Duggard. Colleen was held in a box under her captor's bed for 7 1/2 years. She was raped and tortured. And her captor once put a gun in her hand, told her to put the gun in her mouth and pull the trigger. She did. Her captor took her to her family's home and left her there over night, telling her that he would return for her the next morning. And he threatened her not to talk. She didn't. He returned for her the next day and she spent another 3 1/2 years in captivity.
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/01/crimesider/entry5279162.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

If you remember Shawn H. also was on the computer. He did go to the webpage his parents had set up. But although he got brave enough to leave a message, he was too afraid to tell them who he was.

Thinking more about all the things these girls likely missed in their lives, I wonder if they ever had vaccinations/inoculations. If not, they are at risk of contracting a variety of diseases. They probably need so much help. I really hope that Jaycee and her girls find a quiet, protective and secluded community where people can't be bought and will surround them with love and support. I hope the girls can attend a small private school where the other children are taught to be respectful. I think in the Fritzl case, the family found a neighborhood somewhat like that. They need a peaceful environment in which they can reenter society slowly, quietly and without the media involved.

The girls did not have birth certificates or social security cards. Officially, they were never born, they had no identity. Thus they were never allowed to make contact with any offical. They didn't go to the doctor, so no vaccinations. No dentists. No school, not even an offical homeschool program.

For your hopes, from your mouth to God's ear. I hope the same.

Don't take this the wrong way, but isn't it amazing how, at this point, the paperwork is so intertwined with our existence that we worry about how someone can be without it?

I'm sure that the various items can just be issued, their identity should not be too hard to establish. They are clearly alive, so some form of birth registration should be possible, from there a SSN can be issued and the rest will follow I would think.

I remember when people didn't get a social security number/card until they had their first job. For many, that first job didn't come until after completion of high school. :)

I remember when people didn't get a social security number/card until they had their first job. For many, that first job didn't come until after completion of high school. :)

I know I didn't go get my ss# until I was well into my teens.

I would think Jaycee had access to the internet considering customers received emails from her. I think it's possible Garrido told her there was a tracker of some sort on there and he was logging every keystroke. If she ever slipped up he would kill her and/or the girls. It's also possible after so many years she would not even considering escaping. It's hard to imagine how someone is so brainwashed, but we've seen it time and time again. This is all so disturbing...so sad. I am so thankful they are OUT!

If there are no birth certificates then there would be no proof of residency or SS#'s. They would have to prove parentage. Which Jaycee has records so they should be able to prove parentage in the courts and then get SS#'s etc.

Has anyone wondered if this monster would have any parental rights? Or try to claim any?

I agree, Jaycee probably did have limited internet access. However, IMO even if she did have unfetted internet access and discovered she was still being actively looked for, I don't believe she would have tried to escape.

During his captivity, Shawn Hornbeck used the internet and looked up his own name and came across a site run by his parents. He even posted a question on the site asking how long his parents intended to keep looking for him. He never tried to escape. He even went on a vacation with his captor's neighbors, while his captor stayed home.

I think both Garrido and Shawn's captor had a mental hold over them that none of us (who haven't been in that position) will ever understand.

Thanks for jogging my memory. I followed the Shawn Hornbeck case closely, and I remember now that Shawn did leave a message on his parents search site. I agree that there's a mindset that we can't comprehend from the point of never having been a captive.

She wouldn't have been allowed on the computer/she wouldn't have even been taught about the computer until he was totally confident that she would not do anything that he wouldn't like. So she probably was allowed on the computer and on the internet unsupervised.

When a person is brainwashed, they don't think for themselves or about themselves. They think only what their captors want them to think. I know that is difficult to comprehend. But when the horror and torture are bad enough, keeping the captor happy becomes paramount.

Here is an article where Colleen Stan was interviewed in relation to Jaycee Duggard. Colleen was held in a box under her captor's bed for 7 1/2 years. She was raped and tortured. And her captor once put a gun in her hand, told her to put the gun in her mouth and pull the trigger. She did. Her captor took her to her family's home and left her there over night, telling her that he would return for her the next morning. And he threatened her not to talk. She didn't. He returned for her the next day and she spent another 3 1/2 years in captivity.
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/09/01/crimesider/entry5279162.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

If you remember Shawn H. also was on the computer. He did go to the webpage his parents had set up. But although he got brave enough to leave a message, he was too afraid to tell them who he was.

I guess this is one aspect of being kidnapped/held in captivity that people who haven't experienced it can't begin to comprehend.

I hope Colleen Stan will be able to meet with Jaycee, as I think she will be able to provide an understanding that no one else has, and give Jaycee some comfort.

I do remember now about Shawn Hornbeck having Internet access and leaving a query on his parent's website.

Quite honestly, I think that that's just FINE. Babies and young kids are given far, far too many vaccines nowadays. I am sure that even in living in that environment, the girls have had their immune systems strengthened by just being around all that filth! (Not that that's good . . . )

If most of the people around you are vaccinated, that helps in keeping diseases away. These girls aren't living in the third world, they are living in California where most are vaccinated. This will lessen their chance of getting diseases.

Before the kids are given ANY vaccinations, I think that they should have full health work-ups to see what their condition is.

Quite honestly, I think that that's just FINE. Babies and young kids are given far, far too many vaccines nowadays. I am sure that even in living in that environment, the girls have had their immune systems strengthened by just being around all that filth! (Not that that's good . . . )

If most of the people around you are vaccinated, that helps in keeping diseases away. These girls aren't living in the third world, they are living in California where most are vaccinated. This will lessen their chance of getting diseases.

Before the kids are given ANY vaccinations, I think that they should have full health work-ups to see what their condition is.

ITA on too many vaccines for babies. The schedule they have babies on is about 10 times more than what I had in the 70s as a child. It is quite ridiculous and I believe that such a volume of vaccinations in such little bodies and developing brains must have some negative effect.

However, I'm not talking about over-vaccinated babies. I'm talking about young ladies who likely have not had one vaccination. Exposure to filth does not mean exposure to all the dangerous diseases vaccinations are meant to protect against. While it is true that the majority being vaccinated protects the minority who are not, it is not a full protection. There have been numerous cases of people getting totally preventable and serious diseases from travel to thrid world countries, travle where they may come in contact with those who came from such countries and from immigrants who come here from countires where disease is rampant: http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/1530180/measles_spread_from_lack_of_vaccinations/

Polio is another disease that the girls could contract easily, despite exposure to "filth". Such exposure may give them a similar immunity as others to things like colds, flu, bacterial infections, etc. But not to measles, mumps, diptheria, rubella, polio, etc., diseases that killed billions of children and adults in the past.

As my dad used to say, "Ni tanto ni tan poco" which loosely translated mans everything in moderation. While I agree that the current U.S. vaccination schedule is dangerous for babies, I think having no vaccinations at all, is even more dangerous. California is a mecca for immigrants and international travelers. If not vaccinated, these kids are like the Native Americans were when confronted with scores of Europeans who brought diseases never seen before on our shores, like smallpox. The Europeans had immunity because they had been exposed. The Native Americans had none and entire civilizations were essentially wiped out.

Anyhow, the vaccination issue is just one of a slew of issues these girls must now face due to neglect and abuse at the hands of garrido and his "lovely" wife. I wish them all the best and I believe with the help of their family, friends and community, they can have a great future.

I am comfortable with absolutely no vaccines. Many countries that have made no effort to vaccinate have much longer life spans that we in the US do.

I am comfortable with absolutely no vaccines. Many countries that have outlawed them totally have much longer life spans that we in the US do.

what countries have outlawed vaccines? (i'm not being snarky, i'm interested in the subject of vaccines and did not know this)...thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd
Back