Jaycee's Girls

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with spangle. My neice watches Hannah Montana and the only thing sexual I would presume was the topless pics Miley did. How is Hannah Montana any different then real life when you think about it. Why let your kids watch tv at all if pretending to be something your not is the issue. After all what they are watching is usually an actress or actor pretending for the role. Who is to say that the person in that show that the child idolizes is really like that in real life? Yea, you may think there are better role models, but I am sure you would take that back after you see what most do behind the camera. Atleast Hannah Montana shows both what it's like to be a celebrity and what it's like in the characters real normal life. Even tho both are fake, what isn't fake on tv anymore these days?

"They thought Jaycee was their sister," Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, tells PEOPLE. "People have to realize this will take years of therapy."

There's something "nagging" at me about this. When Jaycee had the youngest who is now 11 - then the oldest at that time was 4. How did "they" explain to the 4 year old why "sister" is getting "fat" but only in her belly? You all know how curious 4 year olds are. How was it explained to her for her and now the youngest to believe Jaycee was their sister? And once the youngest was born? How did they explain it to the oldest then? All of a sudden one day - there's this brand new baby! Where did it come from?

Wow. What all 3 of these women went through.

It will be sadly interesting as details emerge what is the story, because I thought it was said the girls knew Jaycee was their mother, but not that she'd been kidnapped. That PG not only ripped Jaycee away from the only home she had known, now because of his selfishness and evil actions these young girls are being ripped from the only home they've ever known. And as bad as the conditions might have been, it was still home to them. God Bless them.

That's a very good suggestion, but who in the world would want to live in that house with all the terrible memories. I think the house should be burned and maybe sell the land. JMO

Good Point... Very True... Not me...

Hannah Montana doesn't sexualize young girls, but who would make the perfect target for a lunatic pedophile! Hannan Montana. He was probably instructing those poor kids to watch that and try to act like that for him. I think people are probably pretty naive to how debauched and crazy this man and his wife really are. It's sickening to even read about or think of. This was not a normal life in any way for those girls.

I've been praying for these girls since the day this story broke. One thing I do have to say - I've told DH many, many times in the past week, this "subhuman thing" needs to be put down. Gone. 6 feet under. Period. I truly think for these girls to heal - it would be better for him to be dead. There will come a time - years - that they will want to go back and read about this - with him being dead, I think it will "help". Do you get my drift? If he is their father (probably - but they will do DNA) I believe it would beneficial for him to "not still be alive" in prison somewhere. How would they feel about that? Would they want to visit? I kinda doubt it. They are old enough to retain very vivid memories of their "lives" with this "thing" and if he's dead - it could help with their closure.

Am I wrong in thinking this?

For both of the above reasons- pretending to be someone you're not and the sexualization- I don't encourage my daughter with Hannah Montana and won't buy her Hannah Montana clothing or other merchandise, even though several of her friends have it. There are other better role models out there!

OT: I'm not a fan of any of the "tween" aimed Disney shows, so now that my kids are older I just canceled pay stations and they are just fine with DVDs and a few PBS kids' shows. There are definitely more interesting fictional characters who make better role models, they just don't seem to have the marketing power behind them. I mean HM toothpaste, LOL. No, we don't do those either. I have to say, though, HM doll furniture was on a dirt-cheap sale last year, after a year of unemployment at our house, and I, er, Santa was able to leave three "rooms" of furniture, including some cool instruments, for my DD's Barbies. She still plays with them everyday. But since they had no packaging, she wouldn't even connect it to HM, who she recognizes as "that rock star girl". ;)

I don't see the sex thing your talking about. However, 1 thing that I thought HM was good for, was to show that being a super star isn't always great. That they are real people too. They don't always get what they want. They still have to mind their parents, etc.
Even if you don't see it on the show, the fact is that Miley Cyrus has done very questionable things off the show- I've seen the pictures of her posing in just a sheet and on her father's lap- those photos are not innocent! Also, very recently she did a stripper pole move publically.

Hannah Montana doesn't sexualize young girls, but who would make the perfect target for a lunatic pedophile! Hannan Montana. He was probably instructing those poor kids to watch that and try to act like that for him. I think people are probably pretty naive to how debauched and crazy this man and his wife really are. It's sickening to even read about or think of. This was not a normal life in any way for those girls.

Hannah Montana might not be sexualized (I've never watched it) but Miley Cyrus is not a good role model in real life. For example, parents were outraged last month when Cyrus performed at the Teen Choice Awards, dancing on top of an ice cream cart, right down to using a pole for a few provacative dips ... ala strip clubs.

Hannah Montana might not be sexualized (I've never watched it) but Miley Cyrus is not a good role model in real life. For example, parents were outraged last month when Cyrus performed at the Teen Choice Awards, dancing on top of an ice cream cart, right down to using a pole for a few provacative dips ... ala strip clubs.
That's the performance I was trying to think of...

Well, then a perfect thing for a pedophile to try and get the poor girls to emulate.

Can we get back on topic please? This HM stuff got out of hand even tho I for one kind of contributed. Everyone has different views on it, who knows if the girls even actually watched the show or not and for what reason. They would just be joining just about every other child in the country!

Now, I'm not defending HM - no way. I had heard of this big controversy before the show and purposely watched it to see how it played out. It really wasn't THAT way. It wasn't. She was singing - set was "hometown" type deal. Ice cream man (old time with the cart on wheels) came rolling out - she got on top of the cart and the cart was rolled about 15 feet. She put ONE hand on the pole. That's it. All she did was hold on while the cart was rolled. No wrappping a leg around it - no HUGE sexy dips - she did kinda bend down once while she was getting on top of the cart.

The way I read it - was the "sponsors or producers or powersthatbe" decided it would be "sensational" to put a "pole" on the ice cream cart - probably because in rehersals she was having a hard time standing on top of that thing while it was being rolled across the stage - so "viola - pole". I even joked that dad and mom both probably threatened her within inches of her life - NO YOU DON'T TOUCH THAT POLE WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT ONE HAND! Got it? No wrapping a leg around it - no swinging around it - nothing!!! You hold on and that's it". I believe it was a "staged sensationalized act" to get the media all worked up and keep her face in the news. But that's just my take.

Again, I'm not a big MH fan - I can take her or leave her. But that event was overblown just for the publicity.

I must add watch icarly. I watched it one day and Carly was dancing and the camera zoomed in on her butt shaking!!! Also that country song that goes something like "crazy me and my baby" you ever watching that it zooms in on the back of a little girl dancing in a bikini and the bikini she is wearing is barely made of anything. I thought I may be over reacting until my sister saw it one day and said what i thought!

I'm trying to catch up on the last few pages of this thread and I'm starting to wonder if this is a Hanna Montana thread or it's about Jaycee's girls. :bang:

I'm trying to catch up on the last few pages of this thread and I'm starting to wonder if this is a Hanna Montana thread or it's about Jaycee's girls. :bang:

ITA - let's get off HM and back onto Jaycee's girls here....please!

That being said, I do hope they have been watching TV - at least they may have some inkling as to what is out here in the real world! Not that HM represents the real world - but at least a window to the world.

HM is one thing, Miley Cyrus is something else altogether.

Though I would love to know what current celebrities would be considered "good" role models for young girls these days. I suppose that's a discussion for another forum altogether!

It will be sadly interesting as details emerge what is the story, because I thought it was said the girls knew Jaycee was their mother, but not that she'd been kidnapped. That PG not only ripped Jaycee away from the only home she had known, now because of his selfishness and evil actions these young girls are being ripped from the only home they've ever known. And as bad as the conditions might have been, it was still home to them. God Bless them.

I was just about to say the exact same thing until I read your post. lol I could have sworn someone posted an article either yesterday or on Sunday where it was stated that the girls knew Jaycee was their mother, but they did not know the part about her being kidnapped, raped, etc. I will have to see if I can find it.

So sez Mrs. Molino. There's a quote in one article that says the spent all day watching Hannah Montana (on tape?).

That's what I was wondering too................did they watch broadcast television or did they only watch VHS or DvD? The television was outside in one of the tents.........there may have been electricity, but no cable.

Hey, I didn't even know we could do a multi-quote reply.

Anyway, here it is. The post from Tom's Girl with the linked story stating what I remembered them saying about the girls knowing she was their mother but not any of the other details. So, either this article below from Mercury News is wrong or People Magazine got the details wrong with them thinking she was just their sister. We'll find out eventually.

BBM
According to this article they knew she was their mother, but not about their mother being kidnapped
Mystery surrounding kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard deepens

Wow, interesting. I wonder who they thought Nancy Garrido, Philip's actual wife, was in this whole scenario. Did they think she was their grandmother? That's just a general question, not specifically asking you, Tom's Girl. Thanks for the article.

Who took care to feed and clothe Jaycee while he was incarcerated those four months? Was she already pregnant when he was incarcerated? Does anyone know precisely when she first became pregnant at 13-14?

From my calculations Jaycee probably became pregnant with her first child shortly after his "4 month" parole violation - since we now don't know if he was actually put back behind bars or just put on "home confinement" its hard to say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle
Back