Jian Ghomeshi, well known, well respected radio host fired for Sexual Assault

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So happy about the arrest. I hope other victims will feel safe enough to report their case to police now. JMO

At this point Bill Cosby is still ''on'' for his tour dates in London, Kitchener and a couple of other spots in Ontario....I do wonder if his peeps are keeping an eye on the news. JG's arrest and pending trial may give the Cos some pause. MOO

IIRC the young lady ((basketball scholarship)) that sued him (BC) successfully was from Durham (Pickering I believe).

At this point Bill Cosby is still ''on'' for his tour dates in London, Kitchener and a couple of other spots in Ontario....I do wonder if his peeps are keeping an eye on the news. JG's arrest and pending trial may give the Cos some pause. MOO

IIRC the young lady ((basketball scholarship)) that sued him (BC) successfully was from Durham (Pickering I believe).

The statute of limitation in the US may mean that Cosby will never be charged. It also may be the reason so many complaints against him are made today ... no chance that it will ever go to trial.

Things are different in Canada.

Jian Ghomeshi put on a tie after he left the courtroom.

https://nowtoronto.com/news/ghomeshi-heckled-as-he-leaves-court-on-$100,000-bail/

"The Star discovered he was booked to stay at the Sunset Marquis hotel in Los Angeles in the days after he was fired. It does not appear that he checked in. The booking was until Tuesday, Oct. 28, and was cancelled.

What is known is that on the Sunday night of the Facebook posting, Ghomeshi made a telephone call that led to him staying at a Minden cottage. Ghomeshi contacted an old friend, Toronto entertainment mogul Jeffrey Latimer who represents the Tenors, among other acts.

“(Ghomeshi) called me and said he needed a place to get away for a few days,” said Latimer, who has had clients interviewed by Ghomeshi on Q over the years. Ghomeshi was calling for a favour, Latimer said.

“He explained to me that this is a personal situation and that he needed a break and so I said, ‘I have a cottage.’ ” Latimer said he did what he thought was the “right thing” to do when someone needs help.

He told him the address of the cottage on Gull Lake near Minden and told him how to get into the property. Latimer was unclear on how long Ghomeshi stayed. A source told the Star that Ghomeshi moved at some point to another cottage in Ontario"

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/11/26/ghomeshi_now_in_the_hands_of_the_justice_system.html

“Several family members, including his mother, sat in the front row of the small College Park courtroom.”

It was previously reported in MSM that JG has one sister who resides in Winnipeg, Manitoba so maybe she took time off work to be with her brother and mother?

“All alleged offences are from the years 2002-2003 and took place in Toronto. The charges against him: four counts of sexual assault; one count of overcome resistance (choking) relate to three women who came forward to police in the past month.”

Ghomeshi, a former musician, began his media career on >play, a CBC television show in the early 2000s.
This is when the alleged sexual assaults of the three women who have come forward to police are said to have occurred. The Star has published stories dealing with allegations from nine women, some of them alleging abuse (hitting, choking) as recently as 2013.

Each sexual assault charge could lead to a maximum jail sentence of 10 years. The charge of “overcoming resistance” comes with a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/11/26/ghomeshi_now_in_the_hands_of_the_justice_system.html

Jian Ghomeshi put on a tie after he left the courtroom.

https://nowtoronto.com/news/ghomeshi-heckled-as-he-leaves-court-on-$100,000-bail/

Wonder if that was to suggest he had been " lynched " by the crowd?

The statute of limitation in the US may mean that Cosby will never be charged. It also may be the reason so many complaints against him are made today ... no chance that it will ever go to trial.

Things are different in Canada.

yes...I am thinking however the atmosphere has to a 'bit intimidating' - that's all

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/episodes/2014-2015/the-unmaking-of-jian-ghomeshi

"BROADCAST DATE : Nov 28, 2014
The Unmaking of Jian Ghomeshi"

"He was the breakout success the CBC needed and there was a time Jian Ghomeshi was everywhere - on radio, TV, hosting award galas and specials. Still there were whispers and allegations.... Ghomeshi was arrested on sex assault charges Wednesday but for years he seemed untouchable. Did his stardom blind people to what was going on ? CBC insiders tell the story of what really happened. The fifth estate investigates The Unmaking of Jian Ghomeshi"

PREVIEW..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nZe4FvSvcU

ties, bondage, et al.

possibly wore that one on dates with his victims,, we know that he does not respect blatant boundaries drawn by guests like billy bob to coworkers and even his employers. who knows?

The Ghomeshi situation within the CBC is likely not just his alone,, the tax payer funded vehicle has suffered from the vilest form of insulation due in part from hyper-nepotism. The Ghomeshi situation (though, probably the worst fallout of HN) will start a slow cavalcade of other stories from within that I'm sure of.

What's vile in what JG did was play on the "You'll never work in this business again" threat, whether spoken or implied, and I'm more than sure it ran thru every rank from archivist to up above the glass ceiling. I'm glad the likes of Jesse Brown/The Toronto Star lit the fuse on all of this and hope that victims of other out of control celebrity ego come forth, whether they were physically assaulted or rendered impotent for not playing into CBC culture.

By no means am I anti-CBC, but I am concerned on its future due its odd closed, and very select, exclusive personnel culture.

ties, bondage, et al.

possibly wore that one on dates with the accused,, we know that he does not respect blatant boundaries drawn by guests like billy bob to coworkers and even his employers. who knows?

can we ws'ers find the tie in other pics of him?

I mean, who appears in front of a judge casual without tie and then puts it on after departing the courtroom? Why not just leave it off?

Lynched? We're talking about a man that is very much like Jesse Matthew, of Virginia ... Charlottesville, specifically. Jian Ghomeshi lured especially younger women and took some of them home. He preyed on women that approached him for career interest (who at the CBC was supposed to be paying attention to interns and employee relationships???).

At Ghomeshi's home, these women were beaten up, hit in the head, punched in the head, forced to their knees, and forced to give Jian Ghomeshi oral sex until he was satisfied, and then they were dismissed ... those young women, told to leave while he sat at his computer. They were left to take a cab home while he sat in another room ... a room different from his preference for violence and sexual assault.

?The teddy bear was turned away from the assault ... is that because the "childhood" teddy bear did or didn't have a recording device in place when the bear was turned 180 degrees by Ghomeshi as he was about to beat up a woman?

can we ws'ers find the tie in other pics of him?

I mean, who appears in front of a judge casual without tie and then puts it on after departing the courtroom? Why not just leave it off?

Ghomeshi is now being managed by a woman. That's why he put his tie own prior to her leading him into the wolves den of media ... simply to get it over with.
Ghomeshi, with dark circles under his eyes, looked he had a headache.

The Ghomeshi situation within the CBC is likely not just his alone,, the tax payer funded vehicle has suffered from the vilest form of insulation due in part from hyper-nepotism. The Ghomeshi situation (though, probably the worst fallout of HN) will start a slow cavalcade of other stories from within that I'm sure of.

What's vile in what JG did was play on the "You'll never work in this business again" threat, whether spoken or implied, and I'm more than sure it ran thru every rank from archivist to up above the glass ceiling. I'm glad the likes of Jesse Brown/The Toronto Star lit the fuse on all of this and hope that victims of other out of control celebrity ego come forth, whether they were physically assaulted or rendered impotent for not playing into CBC culture.

By no means am I anti-CBC, but I am concerned on its future due its odd closed, and very select, exclusive personnel culture.

No kidding ... Ghomeshi getting away with violently brutalizing women to the extent that he presented the CBC with a video him violently assaulting a woman, with "bruises", and he expected the CBC to believe that his violence was conscentual, is mind-boggling.

Ghomeshi actually walked into the lawyer's offices of the CBC and played a video tape of him violently assaulting a woman and he expected that they would give him a pass. The CBC was suddenly faced with the severe shame of giving it a pass so what did they do ... the produced "documentaries" about Ghomeshi and their media viewpoint ... like we've forgotten that they're the defending litigation party.

Will Ghomishi get away with brutalizing women? No. His career is over and, after nine women with the same story, no one doubts the veracity of the claim.
He's a dirty turd.

Attachments

• Caption This.jpg
    Caption This.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 81

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads