Jian Ghomeshi, well known, well respected radio host fired for Sexual Assault

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
did his lawyer say "Not Guilty"? Did anyone just watch her brief statement?

On another note he withdrew the lawsuit and chose this route? Considering his extreme narcissism, is this part of his end game of humiliation of his victims? In a lawsuit the details are much more private and would be more about his dismissal from the CBC, not about the details of his sexual practice. His lawyer is also of the no punches held, his victims are going to be brought far lower than he brought them, and I think he knows and likes this. IMO

poor form to quote oneself but CTV just confirmed that jians lawyer stated not guilty (12 minutes after being posted on WS)

"A judge released Ghomeshi on $100,000 bail and the former radio host’s mother, S A Ghomeshi, acted as his surety. As conditions for Ghomeshi’s release, he must live with his mother, cannot have any contact with the complainants and must stay at least 500 metres away from them. He has also been banned from possessing any firearms and has already surrendered his passport. He has been ordered to stay in Ontario.

Ghomeshi appeared dressed in a white shirt and dark suit jacket, looking tired with dark circles around his eyes. A judge imposed a publication ban on evidence presented in the bail hearing along with a ban on the names of two of the complainants. The name of a third complainant, Lucy DeCoutere, can be published.

His next court appearance is Jan. 8."
ibm.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/11/26/jian-ghomeshi-charged-with-four-counts-of-sexual-assault/

just pulled this from a huff post article regarding the choking charge;

Under section 246 of the Criminal Code, the charge of "overcome resistance" is broken down into two parts. A conviction carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

(a)246. Every one who, with intent to enable or assist himself or another person to commit an indictable offence,

(a) attempts, by any means, to choke, suffocate or strangle another person, or by any means calculated to choke, suffocate or strangle, attempts to render another person insensible, unconscious or incapable of resistance, or

(b) administers or causes to be administered to any person, or attempts to administer to any person, or causes or attempts to cause any person to take a stupefying or overpowering drug, matter or thing,

is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life.

Lawsuit dropped

A CBC spokesman declined to comment on the charges against Ghomeshi.

"We understand that none of the charges involve employees or former employees of CBC, and we won't be commenting about charges that are now before the courts," said Chuck Thompson.

News of the charges against Ghomeshi came a day after it was revealed a $55-million lawsuit he launched against the CBC last month, after he was fired in late October as host of the program radio arts, culture and entertainment program Q, was being dropped. The withdrawal was formalized on Wednesday afternoon. CBC has said Ghomeshi will pay $18,000 in legal costs.

But Ghomeshi is fighting the dismissal through the CBC union, having filed a grievance through the Canadian Media Guild.

CBC has said it decided to terminate his employment after seeing "graphic evidence" that he had physically injured a woman.

Ghomeshi admitted in a lengthy Facebook post, published on the day he was fired, that he engaged in "rough sex," but insisted his encounters with women were consensual.

Since his dismissal, nine women have come forward with allegations, some dating back a decade, that Ghomeshi sexually or physically assaulted them.

CBC has hired employment lawyer Janice Rubin, who is conducting an internal investigation into the allegations against Ghomeshi.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/jian-...ilty-to-sex-assault-choking-charges-1.2850661

did his lawyer say "Not Guilty"? Did anyone just watch her brief statement?

On another note he withdrew the lawsuit and chose this route? Considering his extreme narcissism, is this part of his end game of his sexualized humiliation of his victims? In a lawsuit the details are much more private and would be more about his dismissal from the CBC, not about the details of his sexual practice. His lawyer is also of the no punches held, his victims are going to be brought far lower than he brought them, and I think he knows and likes this imo,,, after reviewing his exit from the elevator and a pursed smile (his lawyers assistant liked the attention too considering her beaming grin),, they actually had the option of going out the backway.

About using a private entrance ... that's exactly what I was thinking. Ghomeshi and his lawyer are posing for photos on the steps like they're leaving the church and on the way to their wedding reception. The lawyer is milking the media attention for all it's worth. Everyone knows that there's another door that is used by prosecutors, judges, and people that do not want to deal with the media circus. Ghomeshi's lawyer chose the media circus for a reason.

About using a private entrance ... that's exactly what I was thinking. Ghomeshi and his lawyer are posing for photos on the steps like they're leaving the church and on the way to their wedding reception. The lawyer is milking the media attention for all it's worth. Everyone knows that there's another door that is used by prosecutors, judges, and people that do not want to deal with the media circus. Ghomeshi's lawyer chose the media circus for a reason.
I suppose she may have decided to address the media for the sole purpose of confirming neither she, nor Ghomeshi, will address the media in the future with respect to this case.

Is it me, or did Ghomeshi and his lawyer look like twins?

I have to say, judging by body language, he seemed pretty submissive today, didn't he? LOL.

I suppose she may have decided to address the media for the sole purpose of confirming neither she, nor Ghomeshi, will address the media in the future with respect to this case.

Is it me, or did Ghomeshi and his lawyer look like twins?

I have to say, judging by bidy language, he seemed pretty submissive today, didn't he? LOL.

Lawyers usually make that clear with two words: "no comment" and by leaving through the entrance/exit that is cleared of media. There's no need to stand on the front stairs of the courthouse in a mob of photographers and talk about not making a comment.

Ghomeshi is a chameleon. He's Mr Sensitive on the radio and in public, and Mr Violent Rapist in private.

The court appearance revealed that Ghomeshi did not leave Ontario since the allegations began.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/11/26/jian-ghomeshi-charged-with-four-counts-of-sexual-assault/

I didn't see that in the print of your link ..... perhaps I missed it?

in this link (31 Oct) he was reported to be in Los Angeles

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...om-immigrants-son-to-cultural-icon-to-pariah/

"Now he is a fugitive from national outrage, reportedly in Los Angeles, facing a criminal investigation involving two women. He has also filed a massive lawsuit for defamation and breach of confidence, as well as a union grievance to be reinstated in his job, from which the CBC fired him on Sunday.''

I am very pleased that he had to relinquish his passport.

who is a recent widow and her own grief upstaged by her pro-rapist son. they should have put him in a half way house like regular folk.

His father passed away Oct 2 IIRC ....... and hopefully JG can help around the house and assist his mother like a good son should....I doubt he would have otherwise given his self indulgent lifestyle....MOO

I didn't see that in the print of your link ..... perhaps I missed it?

in this link (31 Oct) he was reported to be in Los Angeles

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...om-immigrants-son-to-cultural-icon-to-pariah/

"Now he is a fugitive from national outrage, reportedly in Los Angeles, facing a criminal investigation involving two women. He has also filed a massive lawsuit for defamation and breach of confidence, as well as a union grievance to be reinstated in his job, from which the CBC fired him on Sunday.''

I am very pleased that he had to relinquish his passport.

I copied and pasted this sentence directly from the article posted in the National Post earlier today....."The court appearance revealed that Ghomeshi did not leave Ontario since the allegations began" and now it's gone. Maybe it was deleted because they found out JG went to LA.

This really is one of those "Caption This" moments.

"You see, your Honour, he could not be a sex offender"

Attachments

• Caption This.jpg
    Caption This.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 70
"As he exited the court building Ghomeshi was met with an intense crush of media and onlookers. He was heckled by some people in the crowd, who shouted "animal!" and "go back to Iran!" (Ghomeshi was born in England to Iranian parents).

Ghomeshi and his lawyer Marie Henein paused at the top of the courthouse stairs to be photographed and for Henein to make a brief statement.
Rumours about his disturbing treatment of women had been circulating since the 47-year-old was in university but it wasn't until the Toronto Star and freelance journalist Jesse Brown launched a joint investigation that his alleged crimes began to be discussed by CBC management. He was fired on October 26."

https://nowtoronto.com/news/ghomeshi-heckled-as-he-leaves-court-on-$100,000-bail/

Jan 8 it is then.....that will just be a preliminary hearing....and then the ''big wait''.....this is going to cost him a lot of $$

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back