JLM Charged in 2005 Farifax Rape Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Graham girl"...what in the world was that? And what's up with the fact that Camblos keeps bringing up Morgan Harrington? Are there charges that we don't even know about yet or what? I know this lawyer is supposed to be great, but if I was Jm's attorney I don't think I would EVER even bring that up. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Thanks to all of you. You all are really nice to me as a newbie. I think I am still in shock. He was almost 13 and started going down hill really fast this week. Then today he deteriorated hour by hour. He died just after midnight. He had diabetes and we just couldn't do anything else. Thanks again. As I have been on this site constantly during the Hannah Graham case, I felt a kinship with you all.

I'm so sorry.

:grouphug:

"The Graham girl"...what in the world was that? And what's up with the fact that Camblos keeps bringing up Morgan Harrington? Are there charges that we don't even know about yet or what? I know this lawyer is supposed to be great, but if I was Jm's attorney I don't think I would EVER even bring that up. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

I hope Camblos isnt trying to get JLM off because of incompetent legal counsel as with some of his prior cases.

Read the link in my post above.

Thanks to all of you. You all are really nice to me as a newbie. I think I am still in shock. He was almost 13 and started going down hill really fast this week. Then today he deteriorated hour by hour. He died just after midnight. He had diabetes and we just couldn't do anything else. Thanks again. As I have been on this site constantly during the Hannah Graham case, I felt a kinship with you all.

So sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose our loving old guys. He will live on forever in your heart.

Just catching up here, I hope my comment is original...

JM, at the time of this hearing, had not hired Camblos to represent him. Camblos did not say he would represent JM pro-bono. Therefore, he had only an advisory role at that point.

JM has no job and no money and thereby is entitled to a public defender free-of-charge. According to Judge Smith, it is required by law that Ffx. Co. appoint an attorney for him. Why would they appoint an attorney from outside the county. It's about at least, and with a good traffic day, a good 2 hour drive minimum from C'ville to Ffx.

The judge did say that the two lawyers could cooperate and decide who does what on the case. The Ffx attorney is close by and all of the pertinent material is there. If the two attorneys cooperate, this could work out well. If they don't, perhaps Camblos could concentrate more on the Albermarle cases.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2014/10/31/jesse-matthew-hannah-graham-suspect-court-sex-assault-fairfax-co/18230807/[/url]

ETA: Just reading up on Camblos and I guarantee he is going to be the circus factor here. I pity the PD on the case.

Whoops, text of tweet didn't come through for above:

Contrary to reports, #JesseMatthew's lawyer hasn't filed motion for evaluation yet. He gave to prosecutor, not clerk, which angered judge.
2:07pm - 31 Oct 14

I hope Camblos isnt trying to get JLM off because of incompetent legal counsel as with some of his prior cases.

Read the link in my post above.
I'm sure he has something up his seemingly grimmy sleeves from what I just read. Thanks for that article! It is indeed very telling about what kind of vindictive person he seems to be through the publics eyes.

Whoops, text of tweet didn't come through for above:

Contrary to reports, #JesseMatthew's lawyer hasn't filed motion for evaluation yet. He gave to prosecutor, not clerk, which angered judge.
2:07pm - 31 Oct 14

This is crazy! He seems to intentionally do things to get his way no matter at what cost.

This is crazy! He seems to intentionally do things to get his way no matter at what cost.

Camblos is a mistrial in the making for this predator, I think. Perhaps that's why the judge is assigning PD's and considering his unprofessional stance at the hearing and in comments, I would bet the judges in all the cases ahead will do the same.

I read an article about Camblos when it was first mentiond that JLM had asked to speak with him at the police station. This was right before JLM left the state for Texas.

You can find the article in it's entirety here.

There are quite a few disturbing things said about Camblos and his propensity to argue and showboat. The article also casts aspersions on Camblos sanity and at least played a factor in his failed re-election bid.

After reading that Im not so sure he's the right guy for the job.

One of the people speaking out against Camblos in the comments section of that article is an ex Charlottesville Police Officer.....Karl Mansoor.

If you read the comments below the op-ed in their entirety, it appears Camblos is actually a Republican but not well liked by members of either party because of his bizarre actions and malfeasance.

I find it interesting that not one person wrote a reply in his defense.

Perhaps THAT is REALLY why the Judge appointed dual representation - with competent experienced no-nonsense lawyers to keep Camblos in check. There were many criticisms of Camblos as prosecutor. If he is prone to legal shenanigans and radical maneuvers, the other seemingly competent, experienced defense lawyers can keep the ball rolling.

Moreover, Camblos does not look healthy or energetic (really looks like he is about to stroke out or have a heart attack).

My take on the "link" discussion is that the link is the DNA and Camblos was being "discrete" because to say to a judge there is a DNA link would basically be admitting his client is guilty of all three if found guilty of one.

I am curious though, do Judges make a point of not watching or reading the news so that they remain unbiased and can base their decisions on only the info in the room? It seemed as though the Judge knew nothing about any of the cases.

Pretended ignorance = Socratic Irony = Not-Pre-Judging Case = Presiding as Neutral Authority Representing the Law over Legal procedures?

I sure hope so.

Camblos scares me beyond the things mentioned in that article.

Namely because I have the feeling that he will retire after this case and may want to go out with a bang. This case, especially if Camblos wins, could be the capstone of his career.

And my worry is that may be all he's concerned about.

This is doubly dangerous because it doesnt seem like he is particularly concerned with ethics, constancy of character or in showing much respect for Hannah or her parents either for that matter.

Don't worry so much, Jim Camblos isn't the only one in the court. I have this sneaking suspicion Jim is chiefing (as in bogarting) the predator's defense because he may be scared of losing him as a client once he's exposed to other lawyers. The perp has control issues, Camblos won't last long as his lawyer, I bet. Did you notice the perp casing the room, the way his eyes moved from side to side, near focus, far focus, and then at one point he turns and looks at Camblos, he's still looking out for number one. Do you see a friendly expression in that moment? The guy ditched his own mom. Loyalty is unknown to him, as he has betrayed the love, trust and friendship of every single person he ever knew with his secret life. He won't even blink before he ditches old stodgy Jimmy C., when the time is right, the way I see it.

Did you hear where it was said that the victim was picked up and carried into a field before being sexually assaulted?

Like when JLM picked up those two women in Tempo?

The Fairfax victim? She was taken to a isolated area next to a pool at the apartment complex, I think?

The Fairfax victim? She was taken to a isolated area next to a pool at the apartment complex, I think?

Correct. In the video link you posted above the reporter says the victim was picked up and carried into that area.

Seems like JLM had a thing about that.

IMO he was either reliving that event (or ones similar) in his head when he picked up those two girls at Tempo and/or he was gauging them to see how heavy they were.

Its odd to hear of a grown man picking a woman up over his shoulder like that for no apparent reason in a bar.

Doubly so to hear it again in another case.

Any way I hope thats not off topic, just an observation in regards to the coverage on his arraignment.

I think it is to be expected, unfortunately, that many defense lawyers will attack the victim, when possible, and it may happen in the trials of Morgan and Hannah, if it comes to that both. It will be pointed out, Imo, that both were seemingly intoxicated and out on their own late at night and therefore vulnerable to all sorts of danger. Probably it will be ineffective and ignored, but the details will be put out there, in hopes of reaching one judgmental juror, so to speak, who believes, as many still do, that young women are solely responsible for what happens to them when "drunk" and "acting dangerously". He may even try to present JM as a "concerned citizen" who at one point during the evening,tried to "rescue" them, depending on what type of DNA may have been found and where, no denying some contact with them.

A lot will depend upon how he fares in this first trial and if the jurors are allowed to know about it, as well as the actual evidence LE found that could only mean he assaulted and/or murdered Hannah and Morgan. All jmo.

That really irked me. He is representing JM in Hannah's case..there is no way he could possibly not know enough about the case to call her that. I think it's an act, and could be used later by JM that he had inadequate counsel. "My lawyer didn't even know her name." I am glad Camblos isn't the only one on the Fairfax case. Also, the fact that he brought up MH and it was videotaped and broadcast for all of the world to see....that would taint a jury pool. I don't know what is incompetence here and what is pure evil brilliance. Camblos is a loose cannon, IMO.

He's gotta be thinking about retiring sometime soon. He's old, and has nothing to lose. In this case, I'm afraid he will be more brazen than he's ever been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pinkriggs75