JLM Charged in 2005 Farifax Rape Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted something very similar. I can only hope we are wrong.

That really irked me. He is representing JM in Hannah's case..there is no way he could possibly not know enough about the case to call her that. I think it's an act, and could be used later by JM that he had inadequate counsel. "My lawyer didn't even know her name." I am glad Camblos isn't the only one on the Fairfax case. Also, the fact that he brought up MH and it was videotaped and broadcast for all of the world to see....that would taint a jury pool. I don't know what is incompetence here and what is pure evil brilliance. Camblos is a loose cannon, IMO.

It wasn't an act that served him well though, after putting out the statement of sympathy with Grahams on behalf of the grandparents <modsnip> Jim C. <modsnip> is jumping too many fences, contradicting himself from day to day, then mentioning Hannah Graham with utter disrespect when being polite and a pro would have been better for his client. At that moment though, I don't think he was thinking about anything but holding onto to the case, and didn't focus on filtering how he mentioned Hannah Graham.

I sure hope so.

Camblos scares me beyond the things mentioned in that article.

Namely because I have the feeling that he will retire after this case and may want to go out with a bang. This case, especially if Camblos wins, could be the capstone of his career.

And my worry is that may be all he's concerned about.

This is doubly dangerous because it doesnt seem like he is particularly concerned with ethics, constancy of character or in showing much respect for Hannah or her parents either for that matter.

I'm with you on this assessment of Camblos, zapped. He's trouble.

I think it is to be expected, unfortunately, that many defense lawyers will attack the victim, when possible, and it may happen in the trials of Morgan and Hannah, if it comes to that both. It will be pointed out, Imo, that both were seemingly intoxicated and out on their own late at night and therefore vulnerable to all sorts of danger. Probably it will be ineffective and ignored, but the details will be put out there, in hopes of reaching one judgmental juror, so to speak, who believes, as many still do, that young women are solely responsible for what happens to them when "drunk" and "acting dangerously". He may even try to present JM as a "concerned citizen" who at one point during the evening,tried to "rescue" them, depending on what type of DNA may have been found and where, no denying some contact with them.

A lot will depend upon how he fares in this first trial and if the jurors are allowed to know about it, as well as the actual evidence LE found that could only mean he assaulted and/or murdered Hannah and Morgan. All jmo.

Wouldn't it be harder for Camblos to prove JM as a concerned citizen while trying to prove he is also insane, for lack of a better term. Once Camblos opened the door asking for a psych eval, he seemingly closed other doors.

Wouldn't it be harder for Camblos to prove JM as a concerned citizen while trying to prove he is also insane, for lack of a better term. Once Camblos opened the door asking for a psych eval, he seemingly closed other doors.

He won't be declared insane,therefore that will go away before trial begins. Besides if he IS insane, it could work for him, to think he has some magical power to rescue "damsals in distress". An exaggeration, but just saying what lawyers might do, Imo.

Correct. In the video link you posted above the reporter says the victim was picked up and carried into that area.

Seems like JLM had a thing about that.

IMO he was either reliving that event (or ones similar) in his head when he picked up those two girls at Tempo and/or he was gauging them to see how heavy they were.

Its odd to hear of a grown man picking a woman up over his shoulder like that for no apparent reason in a bar.

Doubly so to hear it again in another case.

Any way I hope thats not off topic, just an observation in regards to the coverage on his arraignment.

BBM
In addition to the reporter stating it as above, note the FBI statement/press release below. FWIW, there are now a total of 3 reported instances where JLM picks up a woman/women over his shoulder(s). I'm going to go now to the "What Do We Know About JLM" thread and post all three instances on that thread.

09-24-2005
On the evening of Saturday, September 24, 2005, a 26-year-old victim was walking home from the Giant Food Store located on the 3700 block of Jermantown Road in Fairfax City, Virginia. The suspect grabbed the victim from behind as she walked down Rock Garden Drive toward her residence. He then carried the victim to a grassy area behind a maintenance shed, where he sexually assaulted her. The suspect was last seen running from the area.

The suspect is described as an African-American male with black hair and facial hair at the time of the attack. He is approximately 6’0” tall and was believed to be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old at the time of the attack.
http://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/pre...dia-campaign-in-morgan-harrington-murder-case

BBM
In addition to the reporter stating it as above, note the FBI statement/press release below. FWIW, there are now a total of 3 reported instances where JLM picks up a woman/women over his shoulder(s). I'm going to go now to the "What Do We Know About JLM" thread and post all three instances on that thread.

09-24-2005
On the evening of Saturday, September 24, 2005, a 26-year-old victim was walking home from the Giant Food Store located on the 3700 block of Jermantown Road in Fairfax City, Virginia. The suspect grabbed the victim from behind as she walked down Rock Garden Drive toward her residence. He then carried the victim to a grassy area behind a maintenance shed, where he sexually assaulted her. The suspect was last seen running from the area.

The suspect is described as an African-American male with black hair and facial hair at the time of the attack. He is approximately 6&#8217;0&#8221; tall and was believed to be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old at the time of the attack.
http://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/pre...dia-campaign-in-morgan-harrington-murder-case

"Carried" here could easily mean lifted off her feet while holding from behind. We know that the victim has bruises and marks on neck and she could have been lifted or carried by the neck and her arms. How do we know she was over his shoulders?

In my experience, the over the shoulder carry is pretty common among wrestlers (JM wrestled too) especially when being assertively flirtatious with girls. The biggest guys on our wrestling team in high school did this with girls nearly every day after their practice.

JMO, but I don't see how we can extrapolate this to what happened in Fairfax based on the info we have. There is also an article with a witness who describes the victim as being "dragged".

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/30/victim-i...-against-hannah-graham-suspect-jesse-matthew/

http://liveblog.wtop.com/Event/The_search_for_Hannah_Graham/131695441

Article by Neal Augenstein: "Will Jesse Matthew be ruled insane?" (posted 11/1)

This article made me laugh loud and long (I'd like to buy Augenstein a nice lunch) at the thought of both Camblos and JLM having to face the fact that this case is outside of Charlottesville where JLM has been protected thus far from the consequences of his crimes and this delightful JUDGE is not going to put up with their CR*P and legal games.

The thought that JLM is now afraid and incarcerated and can't use his local influence, PC, affirmative action, football prowess, and his brute strength or anything else to get his way is just 100% AWESOME!!!

This article made me laugh loud and long (I'd like to buy Augenstein a nice lunch) at the thought of both Camblos and JLM having to face the fact that this case is outside of Charlottesville where JLM has been protected thus far from the consequences of his crimes and this delightful JUDGE is not going to put up with their CR*P and legal games.

The thought that JLM is now afraid and incarcerated and can't use his local influence, PC, affirmative action, football prowess, and his brute strength or anything else to get his way is just 100% AWESOME!!!

How would/does affirmative action work when it comes to the justice system? How would he use political correctness to get his way? What do you mean?

How would/does affirmative action work when it comes to the justice system? How would he use political correctness to get his way? What do you mean?

I believe that is how JLM got lots of his traffic offenses removed and the felony charge reduced to a misdemeanor.

Camblos was known for 'uneven' justice and lost his last election because of it. (look it up) I don't know who followed him as CA, but JLM seemingly had his protectors.

JMO.

I believe that is how JLM got lots of his traffic offenses removed and the felony charge reduced to a misdemeanor.

Camblos was known for 'uneven' justice and lost his last election because of it. (look it up) I don't know who followed him as CA, but JLM seemingly had his protectors.

JMO.

Speaking of sponsors/protectors - It would be very interesting to know who, if anyone, wrote a recommendation to get JLM into Christopher Newport University.

I don't think JM's attorney is wrong to have him evaluated for insanity. This route is very seldom successful due to the restrictions of what is "insane" but a lawyer representing a client facing what JM likely has ahead would be, Imo, incompetent not to request it. Jmo

Posting for reference, sorry if a repost
Peggy Fox reports Published on Oct 28, 2014
If Jesse Matthew is convicted of sexually assaulting a woman in Fairfax, Virginia in 2005, there could be major ramifications for the Hannah Graham case as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CINHiv8tyAA

Political correctness protecting JLM, in Central VA? I don't think that is reasonable at all.

Political correctness protecting JLM, in Central VA? I don't think that is reasonable at all.

PC means different things to different people. From his record, it looks like people went way out of their way many times to give Jesse Matthew another chance. Yet he abused each of the extra chances he was given.

JMO.

Are you suggesting that JM got special privileges because he is a working class, black male? I am still confused by what you mean by affirmative action and political correctness benefited him.

I just watched an episode of "Solved" where a conviction in the case of one victim resulted in at least life without parole for the perp, so the state did not carry out another trial for another victim linked by DNA. They figured since he was locked away for good, if his won his death row appeals, why have the expense, etc? This was in SC.

I read an article about Camblos when it was first mentiond that JLM had asked to speak with him at the police station. This was right before JLM left the state for Texas.

You can find the article in it's entirety here.

There are quite a few disturbing things said about Camblos and his propensity to argue and showboat. The article also casts aspersions on Camblos sanity and at least played a factor in his failed re-election bid.

After reading that Im not so sure he's the right guy for the job.

One of the people speaking out against Camblos in the comments section of that article is an ex Charlottesville Police Officer.....Karl Mansoor.

If you read the comments below the op-ed in their entirety, it appears Camblos is actually a Republican but not well liked by members of either party because of his bizarre actions and malfeasance.

I find it interesting that not one person wrote a reply in his defense.
This article horrifies me. Camblos will clearly do anything to "win" his case...I am truly nervous about him defending JM after reading this, and am SO glad the Fairfax judge paired him with another attorney (although I do wish he had dismissed him completely from participating).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop