JLM Charged in 2005 Farifax Rape Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We already knew the DNA came from underneath her fingernails from previous news articles, but seeing it confirmed with a pretty much zero percent chance it could be anybody other than Jesse Matthew feels like hammering a nail in his coffin. Please, oh please tell me that the link to Morgan Harrington is more than just DNA on the shirt. Let there have been some DNA left under her fingernails or somewhere else on her body. (And no, I don't even want to start that debate again. Just expressing my hopes.)

Oh you don't want me to post all those links again about the DNA on her body? LMAO! Sorry I had to say it!

Hehe, no thanks! I know where to find your post if I were to pursue THAT debate again! :truce:

Hehe, no thanks! I know where to find your post if I were to pursue THAT debate again! :truce:

Haha! Yeah I think I've posted that quite a few times I don't think it would be hard to find. :worms::silly:

Hmmm...guess we'll have our definitive answer on that debate very soon. Charges = yes, no charges = no. What do you think, about a week--if that?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...efd010-65d9-11e4-bb14-4cfea1e742d5_story.html

The man accused of abducting University of Virginia student Hannah Graham has been linked to a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City via DNA evidence collected from one of the victim’s fingernails, according to court records.

The Virginia Department of Forensic Science’s comparison of DNA taken from Jesse L. Matthew Jr. and the sample taken from the woman at the time of the attack concluded that there is a “1 in greater than 7.2 billion” chance the DNA might belong to another person, according to the court records. Such a scientific finding, which eliminates almost the entire world population, probably will be central to the criminal case against Matthew.

The sample collected from the victim jibes with a description of the attack that people with knowledge of the investigation gave The Washington Post. They said the woman vigorously fought her attacker and might have scratched his face; they described the suspect as possibly having scratches.

The certificate of analysis. Note the date specimen received and date of report, for anyone who's wondered how quickly these comparisons can be completed.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/local/forensic-analysis-from-fairfax-assault-case/1436/

The defense can try to discount any DNA found on Hannah or even Morgan by saying it was an innocent transfer that occurred while he was with them. But he's going to have a damned hard time explaining how his skin and blood came to be under the fingernails of a woman he did not know who lived hours away from him and coincidentally on the very night she was brutally attacked.

He's toast.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...4cfea1e742d5_story.html?wpisrc=nl_buzz&wpmm=1

The man accused of abducting University of Virginia student Hannah Graham has been linked to a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax County via DNA evidence collected from one of the victim’s fingernails, according to court records.

"The Virginia Department of Forensic Science’s comparison of DNA taken from Jesse L. Matthew, Jr. and the sample taken from the woman at the time of the attack concluded that there is a 1 in greater than 7.2 billion chance the DNA might belong to another person, according to the court records. Such a scientific finding, which eliminates almost the entire world population outside of Matthew, is likely to be central to the criminal case against him."

Do we go back to the definition of rape/penetration with an object? Seems the only DNA is under her fingernails.

Is it possible that JLM doesn't rape in the conventional way? Is that why no charges were filed in the university cases? Did LE find something in his car or apartment that indicated this? Is that why the charges in the Fairfax Case and in the Hannah Graham Case use "defile"? In his twisted mind does he somehow think this is "okay" since it's not "really" rape?

I once heard of a perp with a foot fetish;he kept the victims shoes and left his DNA there. Strange people walking among us for sure.Ted Bundy was also said to have the foot fetish thing,and it was said that was probably the most normal thing about him.

Is it possible that JLM doesn't rape in the conventional way? Is that why no charges were filed in the university cases? Did LE find something in his car or apartment that indicated this? Is that why the charges in the Fairfax Case and in the Hannah Graham Case use "defile"? In his twisted mind does he somehow think this is "okay" since it's not "really" rape?

NOW - that's a thought. Is it possible that the DNA of some victims might be on his 'penetration object' ???

<shiver> Now the thought of that photo of him with the cigar gives me the creeps.

The defense can try to discount any DNA found on Hannah or even Morgan by saying it was an innocent transfer that occurred while he was with them.

What if the DNA is found on sub-cutaneous parts or on their bones? What if both women's DNA is found in one of his vehicles - HG in the orange Chrysler and MH in the Cab? Since both women's remains were found near his school and home, wouldn't that count?

I hope LE has found his killing ground. My hunch is it is the Red Hills Quarry, equidistant from both recovery sites. I hope the dogs and forensic teams will comb that place.

After posting this I did a little reading and found that rape by object is not all that uncommon, for a variety of reasons. IMO

What if the DNA is found on sub-cutaneous parts or on their bones? What if both women's DNA is found in one of his vehicles - HG in the orange Chrysler and MH in the Cab? Since both women's remains were found near his school and home, wouldn't that count?

I hope LE has found his killing ground. My hunch is it is the Red Hills Quarry, equidistant from both recovery sites. I hope the dogs and forensic teams will comb that place.

I've always felt the same way,he grew up around the quarry; and probably fished the ponds. It is definitely his 'zone' ;I hope someone checks it out with dogs.It is in between 2 of his victims remains( could be other victims there too?). It's just a perfect place to hide 'keepsakes' in plain sight. Who would go to a quarry to look for something? I don't mean to look where active digging is going on but on the previously excavated areas. I could see JM going there at night and re-living his conquests.
Just my opinion of course.

I've always felt the same way,he grew up around the quarry; and probably fished the ponds. It is definitely his 'zone' ;I hope someone checks it out with dogs.It is in between 2 of his victims remains( could be other victims there too?). It's just a perfect place to hide 'keepsakes' in plain sight. Who would go to a quarry to look for something? I don't mean to look where active digging is going on but on the previously excavated areas. I could see JM going there at night and re-living his conquests.
Just my opinion of course.
I recall hearing they were going to start up the search for AM again. Has there been any release on if that has started yet, or what's happening with it?
Probably the wrong forum to post this, but curious if they will find her remains after the Fairfax case, but before the HG MH cases...

Any thoughts on why nothing to do with a rape was evaluated in this analysis? Would that have been handled separately?

No idea if they have other samples. Maybe he didn't ejaculate, maybe he wore a condom or never made it to the point where he actually sexually raped her. But his DNA under her nails seals it IMO. None of that "oh we met and had consensual sex" BS.

No idea if they have other samples. Maybe he didn't ejaculate, maybe he wore a condom or never made it to the point where he actually sexually raped her. But his DNA under her nails seals it IMO. None of that "oh we met and had consensual sex" BS.

That's why I'm curious as to the definition of rape/penetration with an object. I wonder if that's his MO (as others have speculated), and we, quite fortunately, have a living witness to tell us. Hannah and Morgan can't, and their bodies/clothes might not have told us either if that's the case.

Dawna Kaufman on True Crime Radio last night speculated that perhaps he just isn't a "secretor." I would certainly think LE has interviewed the ex-girlfriend by now, or if not, have plans to do so.

Dawna Kaufman on True Crime Radio last night speculated that perhaps he just isn't a "secretor." I would certainly think LE has interviewed the ex-girlfriend by now, or if not, have plans to do so.

I doubt his girlfriend would have any idea if JLM is a secretor or a non-secretor. A non-secretor is one whose blood type antigens aren't contained in other bodily fluids, such as semen. Here's a great case from the Innocence Project that explains it.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/Brandon_Moon.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member