JLM *GUILTY* in 2005 Fairfax County Rape Case #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 16m
Victim in #JesseMatthew was not in court for hearing after family member informed prosecution she was tired after 2-day flight from India

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 10m10 minutes ago
Detective Michael Boone did tell Fairfax Co rape victim #JesseMatthew was suspect in 2 murders (#HannahGraham and #MorganHarrington
I'm glad she has family there! Hopefully she is surrounded by love and support.

@courtchatter

2005 rape victim testified that she saw #JesseMatthew's photo online but no one told her not to look.
5:34pm - 4 Jun 15

Victim told detective that #JesseMatthew hair was different in picture but face "very familiar"
5:37pm - 4 Jun 15

@molareports

Victim ID'd #JesseMatthew in alleged sex assault pre-trial hearing today. Judge ruled she was not influenced by PD in her ID. @wusa9
5:54pm - 4 Jun 15

@lfrenchnews

BREAKING @ffxcircuitcourt DENIES motion to suppress defense arguing for continuance. RG testified she saw photo of #Matthew in Oct. @CBS6
5:33pm - 4 Jun 15

CONT. RG never made eye contact with #JesseMatthew. Confused why she had to testify today and leave her sleeping kids. @CBS6
5:34pm - 4 Jun 15

BREAKING CW attorney urges judge not to continue #JesseMatthew trial. Great disservice to victim. @CBS6
5:46pm - 4 Jun 15

BREAKING @ffxcircuitcourt DENIES continuance of #JesseMatthew trial. @CBS6
5:47pm - 4 Jun 15

@AugensteinWTOP

Hearing in #JesseMatthew 2005 Farifax Co rape case now over. Lots of things happened....
5:56pm - 4 Jun 15

Victim of 2005 rape took stand, 10 feet from #JesseMatthew at the defense table. She looked toward him when she walked in, no reaction
5:57pm - 4 Jun 15

#JesseMatthew showed no reaction as woman who was raped in 2005 took stand in pretrial hearing. She didn't look at him during testimony.
5:59pm - 4 Jun 15

Woman, who arrived from India at 1pm, was not asked by either side if she could identify #JesseMatthew. Questions were limited....
6:01pm - 4 Jun 15

Victim in #JesseMatthew rape was only asked what police/prosecutors told her after JM's arrest. She said she looked online out of curiosity.
6:02pm - 4 Jun 15

A few of victim's answers varied slightly from detectives description of their conversations. Prosecution tried to smooth out in cross exam
6:04pm - 4 Jun 15

Judge ruled prosecutors/police didn't improperly show her photos of #JesseMatthew, so victim will be allowed to try to ID him in trial.
6:06pm - 4 Jun 15

Nadine Maeser WDBJ7
1 hr ·
Lead detective Michael Boone from city of Fairfax says he could not put a name with the DNA taken from the victims 2005 sexual assault/rape case until 2014 when ‪#‎JesseMatthew‬ was arrested in connection to Hannah Graham's death.

https://m.facebook.com/NadineMaeserWdbj7/posts/937674579588208

Judge denies ALL 4 motions today. #JesseMatthew Fairfax trial to begin Monday. WDBJ7 will have FULL LIVE... fb.me/7FExF1WU4
6:07pm - 4 Jun 15

@lfrenchnews

@fairfaxcounty CA: CW has provided #JesseMatthew defense with more than 4,000 pages of documents defense has given them nothing. @CBS6
6:08pm - 4 Jun 15

CA: some interviews with #JesseMatthew's friends puts him in #Fairfax at time of 2005 assault. @CBS6
6:10pm - 4 Jun 15

@AugensteinWTOP

Prosecutor Ray Morrogh, for first time, told judge/defense he likely won't ask victim of 2005 rape to ID #JesseMatthew as her attacker.
6:09pm - 4 Jun 15

Prosecutor Ray Morrogh: "I don't believe we're going to have an in-court identification" by victim in #JesseMatthew rape case."
6:10pm - 4 Jun 15

Pub defender Dawn Butorac asked judge to not have #JesseMatthew shackled in trial. He agreed, barring concerns from Sheriff.
6:15pm - 4 Jun 15

Despite unlikelihood victim will be asked to ID #JesseMatthew, prosecution says his DNA was under her fingernail. Trial starts Monday.
6:16pm - 4 Jun 15

Judge says 100 potential jurors will be available Monday, and 50 available Tuesday, when #JesseMatthew trial begins in Fairfax.
6:17pm - 4 Jun 15

@jgoldbergABC7

Bill Hennessy artist rendering of Jesse Matthew in court today while victim testified on stand. pic.twitter.com/O1kKwLiFMl

3f885d5037dc88f945c79e7c05d73282.jpg

@AugensteinWTOP

Here's why the victim was asleep, and not in court for #JesseMatthew hearing.....
6:23pm - 4 Jun 15

During last hearing, Judge had said if woman, after trip from India was too tired or sick, hearing could be held Friday. It hadn't been...
6:24pm - 4 Jun 15

2/2 made clear that she HAD to come to court first,Mao judge could decide. Prosecution was content to hold hrg tomw, defense wasn't.
6:25pm - 4 Jun 15

Judge ordered prosecution to retrieve woman. She showed up, and testified in #JesseMatthew hearing.
6:26pm - 4 Jun 15

Thank you for keeping up with all the tweeting, Hoosgirl, and bringing it here!

Thank you for keeping up with all the tweeting, Hoosgirl, and bringing it here!
You are so welcome! There was good tweet coverage today.

It was interesting to learn that his friends can place him in Fairfax at the time. Tons of discovery turned over by state, NOTHING from defense. And chills from the detective about not being able to match the DNA to a person until Hannah.

Thank you very much, Hoorgirl. You're a class act.
So I shouldn't be offended that you are calling me a hoor? ;)

Right back at you. I remember "meeting" you here on Hannah's case. What an asset you've been! I have enjoyed your contributions on other cases since then.

So I shouldn't be offended that you are calling me a... ;)

Right back at you. I remember "meeting" you here on Hannah's case. What an asset you've been! I have enjoyed your contributions on other cases since then.

RSBM

I stand corrected, no not at all, definitely not. Apologies You are super class act!!!! Hoosgirl

ma kinda girl, always

That poor woman. Thank god for her. I don't underatand why she would need to ID him if there is DNA EVIDENCE?

@jgoldbergABC7

Bill Hennessy artist rendering of Jesse Matthew in court today while victim testified on stand. pic.twitter.com/O1kKwLiFMl

3f885d5037dc88f945c79e7c05d73282.jpg

I know it's just a drawing but he looks much thinner

http://wtvr.com/2015/06/04/jesse-matthew-accuser-in-court/

Judge Schell granted a defense motion that will prevent the Commonwealth from introducing Matthew’s criminal history at trial and denied a defense motion prohibiting the media from attending Thursday’s motion to suppress hearing.

Matthew’s trial begins Monday June 8 with jury selection. A hundred potential jurors will be brought in on Monday and another 50 on Tuesday. The trial is scheduled to last two weeks.

I know it's just a drawing but he looks much thinner

Perhaps an effort by JM to look different? Wouldn't be the first time we've seen rapid weight loss, hair change etc. JMOO

Perhaps an effort by JM to look different? Wouldn't be the first time we've seen rapid weight loss, hair change etc. JMOO

Maybe "the big teddy bear" doesn't care for jail food. I guess it sucks to be a bad guy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back