JLM *GUILTY* in 2005 Fairfax County Rape Case #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@AugensteinWTOP

BREAKING; Sheriff's deputy announced livetweeting WILL be allowed during #JesseMatthew trial. Jury selection is underway.
10:04am - 8 Jun 15

@David_Culver

#MorganHarrington's parents here in @ffxcircuitcourt to watch #JesseMatthew trial. No formal charges in their daughter's case @nbcwashington
10:07am - 8 Jun 15

Judge asks #JesseMatthew: Are you ready for trial today? He responds: No. @nbcwashington #Fairfax
10:09am - 8 Jun 15

@lfrenchnews

#JesseMatthew chooses trial by jury. @CBS6
10:09am - 8 Jun 15

@jgoldbergABC7

Jesse Matthew trial has begun. Matthew currently being read charges against him and pleading 'not guilty' to all 3.
10:07am - 8 Jun 15

@AugensteinWTOP

Lawyer for #JesseMatthew: We're not ready for trial.
Judge: You've had plenty of time.
Orders first group of potential jurors brought in.
10:40am - 8 Jun 15

@avajoye

#JesseMatthew's defense tries to get additional info from Commonwealth. Judge denies request & asks for jury pool to be brought in. @8NEWS
10:35am - 8 Jun 15

Judge tells potential jurors that if they are selected to serve on the jury, they will NOT be sequestered. @8NEWS
10:47am - 8 Jun 15

Judge increases estimated duration of trial to 9 days. #JesseMatthew @8NEWS
10:50am - 8 Jun 15

Thank you for the tweets, Hoosgirl!

I'm surprised there aren't more people here. Am I on the right thread?

Thank you for the tweets, Hoosgirl!

I'm surprised there aren't more people here. Am I on the right thread?
Maybe because it's a subforum, and not in trials? I'll go post a notice in the breaking news thread.

Thanks for all the links, finally we may find out exactly what happened to these young women,
and perhaps a little understanding as to why.

I hope with this case charges come for Morgan Harrington

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

@AugensteinWTOP

Defense says got email from prosecutor Fri that complainant has added something substantial to her story about what happened #JesseMatthew
10:29am - 8 Jun 15

Pros Ray Morrogh says he first met victim Friday night, and something she told him was first he'd heard it...#JesseMatthew
10:32am - 8 Jun 15

She told Morrogh: "I remember something else. He was trying to put his penis inside my vagina." #JesseMatthew charged w rape (for object)
10:36am - 8 Jun 15

Background: #JesseMatthew charged w attempted cap murder, abduction w intent to defile, object penetration. In Va, final charge = rape
10:41am - 8 Jun 15

@AugensteinWTOP

As part of #JesseMatthew jury selection, prosecution asks jurors if they know the following people: names include victim, man who helped her
12:05pm - 8 Jun 15

Other possible pros witnesses in #JesseMatthew trial: several Fairfax detectives, ER nurse, forensic scientists who processed DNA.
12:07pm - 8 Jun 15

This is the first time I've known who witnesses would be, since judge sealed subpoenas earlier. #JesseMatthew
12:08pm - 8 Jun 15

@lfrenchnews

#JesseMatthew's mother, father and girlfriend seated in the front row of courtroom for trial. @CBS6
10:49am - 8 Jun 15

"Matthew, wearing a dress shirt and yellow tie, entered his plea on all three counts in a soft-spoken voice.

Matthew was charged in the long-unsolved Fairfax case last year after his arrest in connection with Graham's disappearance yielded a hit on DNA evidence.

The victim in the Fairfax case has flown back from India to testify against him. She testified briefly at a pretrial hearing last week, saying that Matthew's face looked familiar to her, but that his hair, now in dreadlocks, was different in 2005. Defense lawyers have questioned whether the woman can reliably identify Matthew as her attacker, given the passage of time and pretrial publicity that has frequently shown Matthew's face in news reports."

http://www.theintell.com/news/world...cle_102f4389-6bdb-5db0-9192-2ea0fd9658b9.html

@AugensteinWTOP

Both sides satisfied with jury panel in #JesseMatthew trial. Will begin to strike jurors -- process is nearing the seating of a jury.
1:05pm - 8 Jun 15

Of the 24 potential jurors left in #JesseMatthew, each side gets to strike 5. That will leave 12 jurors and 2 alternates.
1:14pm - 8 Jun 15

@avajoye

#JesseMatthew very involved in jury selection process. Looking over lawyers' shoulders as they narrow pool. Super quiet in court now.@8NEWS
1:11pm - 8 Jun 15

https://m.facebook.com/NadineMaeserWdbj7/posts/939808166041516

Nadine Maeser WDBJ7
1 min ·
‪#‎BREAKING‬: a jury has been seated in the ‪#‎JesseMatthew‬ trial. 7 men and 7 women. 12 jurors with 2 alternates. Total jury selection took about 3.5 hours. @wdbj7 court is in recess until 2:30pm.

@PeggyTV

#JesseMatthew jury consists of 14: 12 members, 2 alternates. 7 men, 7 women. Mostly white. One black man. @wusa9
1:23pm - 8 Jun 15

@AugensteinWTOP

Both sides satisfied with jury panel in #JesseMatthew trial. Will begin to strike jurors -- process is nearing the seating of a jury.
1:05pm - 8 Jun 15

Of the 24 potential jurors left in #JesseMatthew, each side gets to strike 5. That will leave 12 jurors and 2 alternates.
1:14pm - 8 Jun 15

@avajoye

#JesseMatthew very involved in jury selection process. Looking over lawyers' shoulders as they narrow pool. Super quiet in court now.@8NEWS
1:11pm - 8 Jun 15

Rbbm.

Interesting, and very creepy, imo. given his alleged prowess at " selection processes" and " looking over shoulders" to" narrow pool." imo

@lfrenchnews

Gil Harrington: difficult day as her husband Dan faced #JesseMatthew for the first time. Dan "teared" up. @CBS6
2:31pm - 8 Jun 15

#JesseMatthew's mom made eye contact with #MorganHarrington's parents. Matthew's mother and Gil exchanged a hello. @CBS6
2:34pm - 8 Jun 15

@AugensteinWTOP

In jury selection, defense for #JesseMatthew never mentioned who their witnesses might be. Only person discussed so far is DNA expert.
2:09pm - 8 Jun 15

As prosecutor Ray Morrogh went to lunch, lawyers asked how it was going. "We got a jury in the box," prompting whistles of admiration.
2:12pm - 8 Jun 15

Shared some chocolate with #JesseMatthew def atty Jim Camblos. Rest of lunch was off-the-record.
2:16pm - 8 Jun 15

Lawyers back in courtroom. Ready for opening statements in #JesseMatthew trial
2:31pm - 8 Jun 15

@AugensteinWTOP

Prosecutor Ray Morrogh in #JesseMatthew opening statement: She was brutally beaten, head slammed into the ground, in a sexual assault
2:53pm - 8 Jun 15

Prosecutor says victim was just starting her professional career, had no car, lived near Giant. #JesseMatthew
2:55pm - 8 Jun 15

Prosecutor: Victim is here to testify about this terrible crime. Was reading at Borders, stopped at Giant while walking home #JesseMatthew
2:56pm - 8 Jun 15

@AugensteinWTOP

Prosecutor: She's approached by a stranger who asked questions. She had a funny feeling that something was amiss #JesseMatthew
2:57pm - 8 Jun 15

Prosecutor: Victim lifted off the ground, carried her, dropped her, slammed face to ground, put his finger in her vagina #JesseMatthew
2:58pm - 8 Jun 15

#JesseMatthew prosecutor: Victim lost consciousness. Man found victim, naked from the waist down, covered in mud. She: "a black man did it"
3:00pm - 8 Jun 15

#JesseMatthew prosecutor: sexual assault nurse took fingernail scrapings of victim, since she said she'd scratched attacker
3:03pm - 8 Jun 15

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back