JLM *GUILTY* in 2005 Fairfax County Rape Case #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dare I propose we've found the "link" between the three cases - in her description of him threatening to "twist [her] neck?" :(

@AugensteinWTOP

Victim in #JesseMatthew trial didn't tell police til Fri he tried to put penis in her. "It was the most shocking. I couldn't come to grips"
4:49pm - 8 Jun 15

This is just heartbreaking!

I understand the defense has a job to do. I just hope they are as respectful as possible. I hate it when victims are revictimized on the stand :(

@Klovereporter

Reading testimony from the #JesseMatthew rape trial makes my stomach turn. twitter.com/lfrenchnews/st…
4:35pm - 8 Jun 15

@lfrenchnews

RG had sketch artist redraw sketch until it looked accurate. It was hard to describe to artist. @CBS6
4:50pm - 8 Jun 15

Personally, I've always thought the sketch was a good match, considering. What do you all think about the defense contention that it is not a match to JM?

@AugensteinWTOP

Cross of victim in #JesseMatthew trial: For 9 years it was difficult to discuss, I didn't even tell it all to my family.
4:56pm - 8 Jun 15

And ... looks like a wrap for today.

@AugensteinWTOP

Cross of victim in #JesseMatthew trial: For 9 years it was difficult to discuss, I didn't even tell it all to my family.
4:56pm - 8 Jun 15

And ... looks like a wrap for today.

Thanks so much Hoosgirl for all the updates!

Hoosgirl, your efforts to document these tweets to this thread are truly appreciated.

It is clear (to me), based on the graphic testimony we are being made aware of - by this incredibly brave victim's testimony on the stand - that the accused is a monster.

This is a window into what SA victims experience, and although its truth may not be easy to read, one cannot paint a more honest picture. :(

This is a necessary step in the process towards assuring justice. May it allow those who may not have had empathy towards victims of SA to gain understanding.

I wish this victim, and all the victims of jlm, the strength they will need to withstand the storm.

:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@lfrenchnews

RG had sketch artist redraw sketch until it looked accurate. It was hard to describe to artist. @CBS6

Personally, I've always thought the sketch was a good match, considering. What do you all think about the defense contention that it is not a match to JM?

BBM

Lol...I think they're grasping at straws.

@lfrenchnews

I think the prosecution needs to find those friends who told him it looked just like him and testify to that and that he started growing out his hair! Honestly, I don't think defense had any option but to plant that thought in the minds of the jury. Hopefully someone can do an overlay of his actual face, as we've seen here, and pull in the expert to discuss how accurate sketches really are, to educate the jury that it's not supposed to be his portrait.

Thanks all, all esp. RG. Horrible horrible, I hope somehow this will enable her to move forward with a little more peace. As bad as the assault and rape were, facing this day in court took enormous courage.
I need a glass of wine.

Hoosgirl, your efforts to document these tweets to this thread are truly appreciated.

It is clear (to me), based on the graphic testimony we are being made aware of - by this incredibly brave victim's testimony on the stand - that the accused is a monster.

This is a window into what SA victims experience, and although its truth may not be easy to read, one cannot paint a more honest picture. :(

This is a necessary step in the process towards assuring justice. May it allow those who may not have had empathy towards victims of SA to gain understanding.

I wish this victim, and all the victims of jlm, the strength they will need to withstand the storm.

:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kimi, you are truly one of the most beautiful posters here on WS. Your empathy and the way you write always amaze me.

This poor young woman came to a beautiful part of our country and THIS happens to her? I am so, so sorry this monster found her and nearly killed her. She was a virgin and this (worse than) monster takes her innocence away from her. I know the victim doesn't say he actually penetrated her with his penis, but his finger did damage.

What JM did to her makes me physically ill. GB her and give her strength.

I don't like that the prosecution asked if she was a virgin. Who cares? Is it somehow worse to rape a virgin than a "*advertiser censored*"? Very backwards mentality...maybe he is trying to appeal to jurors who think that way. Rape is rape no matter how many tomes you've had sex.

I don't like that the prosecution asked if she was a virgin. Who cares? Is it somehow worse to rape a virgin than a "*advertiser censored*"? Very backwards mentality...maybe he is trying to appeal to jurors who think that way. Rape is rape no matter how many tomes you've had sex.

Sorry, I disagree. Not minimizing the offense. Rape is rape, no doubt. But this girl was uninitiated. All the more harmful. No getting around that, IMO.

Thank you so much, Hoosgirl, for keeping us up to date with Tweets. Listening to this brave young woman's testimony gives me an idea of what Morgan & Hannah probably went through ... so horrible. I can't imagine what Gil & Dan Harrington are feeling, as well as the Grahams. I am not sure I could watch this trial if I was one of the parents, but again, I might have to in my daughter's honor and defense. Blessings and prayers to all these victims, including the family members, for they are victims too.

Eileen, I know what you mean about the question of the victim's virginity. All SA's are horrid. I think the prosecutor was trying to underscore the added trauma to this young lady, that her first sexual experience was so awful and horrific. This, to me, just shows what an inhumane *&%#*% JM really is. No regard for her pain and suffering. He would've killed her if not scared off. She is so fortunate to be alive. Her testimony will help convict JM for Hannah & Morgan too!!!

Nadine Maeser WDBJ7
1 hr ·
Lead detective Michael Boone from city of Fairfax says he could not put a name with the DNA taken from the victims 2005 sexual assault/rape case until 2014 when ‪#‎JesseMatthew‬ was arrested in connection to Hannah Graham's death.

https://m.facebook.com/NadineMaeserWdbj7/posts/937674579588208

Judge denies ALL 4 motions today. #JesseMatthew Fairfax trial to begin Monday. WDBJ7 will have FULL LIVE... fb.me/7FExF1WU4
6:07pm - 4 Jun 15

Very telling IMO.

On the one hand i agree, a rape is a rape regardless of virginity status, but " the first time" should be special, and welcomed, not a near-death experience, imo.

On the one hand i agree, a rape is a rape regardless of virginity status, but " the first time" should be special, and welcomed, not a near-death experience, imo.
Agree, and i think this question was mainly asked as a way to gain sympathy for the prosecutor, not totally relevant to the case - although the judge did think it was, thankfully [emoji5] [emoji106]

[video=youtube;jawv2krjd74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jawv2krjd74[/video]

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...se-matthew-in-2005-fairfax-attack-114586.html

Trial began Monday for Matthew, 33, of Charlottesville, in Fairfax, where he is charged with attempted capital murder, abduction and sexual assault in connection with a 2005 attack.
Matthew, wearing a dress shirt and yellow tie, entered his plea on all three counts in a soft-spoken voice.
Matthew was charged in the long-unsolved Fairfax case last year after his arrest in connection with Graham's disappearance yielded a hit on DNA evidence.

I am so glad this monster is finally on trial, but man - reading those tweets was gut-wrenching. Those beautiful women having to go through that...my mind is not letting me fully comprehend it, it's just so awful.

And that "hello" between Gil Harrington and Matthew's mom? I gasped out loud when i read that tweet. Gil is a stronger woman than I'll ever be. I feel bad for JLM's mom having to hear what he did - she had to leave the courtroom. She had no idea he was capable of that, I'm sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back